[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Welcome to the Knicks - RJ Barrett
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Posts: 34018
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
5/15/2019  8:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Trade the pick for Beal

No.

At least Beal can shoot

his contract is bananas , but i would trade for him over AD if kyrie and kD are on board..it makes the most sense, and balances the roster with a real SG, a real pg, and a bona fide sf/pf..it also help that all three are good ball handlers.

Or you can keep Barrett for much cheaper and he will, if anything, have a nice baseline.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Posts: 31581
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

5/15/2019  8:56 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Trade the pick for Beal

No.

At least Beal can shoot

his contract is bananas , but i would trade for him over AD if kyrie and kD are on board..it makes the most sense, and balances the roster with a real SG, a real pg, and a bona fide sf/pf..it also help that all three are good ball handlers.

Or you can keep Barrett for much cheaper and he will, if anything, have a nice baseline.

Agreed. Stay the course. If we do well in FA great otherwise we have plenty of youth and upcoming picks to build around. We never end up well after trading first rounders anyway
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26587
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/15/2019  8:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Trade the pick for Beal

No.

At least Beal can shoot

his contract is bananas , but i would trade for him over AD if kyrie and kD are on board..it makes the most sense, and balances the roster with a real SG, a real pg, and a bona fide sf/pf..it also help that all three are good ball handlers.

AD impacts the game 100x time more than Beal. That includes offense and defense. AD averaged 4 assists a game and is also a good ball handler.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Posts: 34018
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
5/15/2019  8:58 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant does not have question marks. Zion's question marks...his weight. Barrett's question marks...his shooting
Ja Morant is like a better Westbrook the way he carved his competition. He's a good consolation prize I'd be ok with.

I love Ja and I would take him over RJ. With that said, he has plenty of question marks:

1) Turnovers
2) He hasn’t played against the best competition throughout the year.
3) He plays out of control a lot.
4) Shot selection.
5) REALLY skinny body.

Saying he is a better version of Westbrook at this point is crazy.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
TheGame
Posts: 25408
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2006
Member: #1154
USA
5/15/2019  9:15 AM
My only hope was that the Knicks did not fall out of the top-3. Mission accomplished. Barrett or JA will be huge upgrades to this team. Trust the process!!
Playoffs or bust
StarksEwing1
Posts: 31581
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

5/15/2019  9:18 AM
TheGame wrote:My only hope was that the Knicks did not fall out of the top-3. Mission accomplished. Barrett or JA will be huge upgrades to this team. Trust the process!!
Agreed. I wanted to win the lottery of course but most of all I wanted top 3.
franco12
Posts: 30378
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/19/2004
Member: #599
USA
5/15/2019  9:32 AM
please don't trade the pick unless it's to move up.

I'm excited about RJ! He looks great. I mean, Zion looks like a monster, but we've needed a wing that can attack the basket and score, and the NBA is swinging that way in a big way.

KD
Kyrie
RJ
Knox
Mitch

That is an awesome starting five! Great mix of youth, talent and veteran savvy.

I'd certainly talk with NO about trading up - I don't see a deal they take.

And the same for pick 2, where we perhaps package DSjr & pick 3 to move up one - we need to clear cap for 2 max deals, and if Kyrie is coming, no need for DSjr to be a back up.

And at 2 I might still pick RJ.

JesseDark
Posts: 21846
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/9/2003
Member: #467
5/15/2019  9:45 AM
Is Memphis a lock to take Ja Morant? I think they would end up trading Mike Conley, but he has that monster contract.
Bring back dee-fense
HofstraBBall
Posts: 23145
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

5/15/2019  10:03 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Trade the pick for Beal

No.

At least Beal can shoot

his contract is bananas , but i would trade for him over AD if kyrie and kD are on board..it makes the most sense, and balances the roster with a real SG, a real pg, and a bona fide sf/pf..it also help that all three are good ball handlers.

AD impacts the game 100x time more than Beal. That includes offense and defense. AD averaged 4 assists a game and is also a good ball handler.

Dont know why anyone would fight trading for AD. If he signs a multi year extension.
Dont see any of our young guys having that kind of ceiling.

Beal is a hell no. Guy is a 22M sixth man. Just gets his stats. Would prefer trading for Lou Williams at 8M.

"Melo was the best thing that ever happened to the Knicks organization. Phil came in and fucked things up and got $60 Million to do so" -TripleThreat 11-13-2018
Cartman718
Posts: 28889
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  10:08 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant does not have question marks. Zion's question marks...his weight. Barrett's question marks...his shooting
Ja Morant is like a better Westbrook the way he carved his competition. He's a good consolation prize I'd be ok with.
I love Ja and I would take him over RJ. With that said, he has plenty of question marks:

1) Turnovers
2) He hasn’t played against the best competition throughout the year.
3) He plays out of control a lot.
4) Shot selection.
5) REALLY skinny body.

Saying he is a better version of Westbrook at this point is crazy.

Do you remember what Westbrook played like and looked like when he was drafted?
He hasn’t played against the best competition but hasn’t played with elite teammates either. X out Barrett from Duke and replace with Morant. Tell me they don’t go further in the tournament
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Posts: 28889
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  10:10 AM
My problem with Barrett is that his floor is iman shumpert
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Marv
Posts: 34598
Alba Posts: 69
Joined: 9/2/2002
Member: #315
5/15/2019  10:14 AM
Cartman718 wrote:My problem with Barrett is that his floor is iman shumpert

haha c'mon man. iman shumpert was LOST as an offensive player.

“This board has become a repository for mentally unstable attention seekers. Or gimmick posters.” - sebstar
GustavBahler
Posts: 35510
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

5/15/2019  10:15 AM
Cartman718 wrote:My problem with Barrett is that his floor is iman shumpert

Barrett wont take 6 years to make a layup. Better handle, better passer. Barrett will have to be dead to have the same floor. I thought Shump would have a better career, confident that Barrett will do better.

Cartman718
Posts: 28889
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  10:16 AM
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:My problem with Barrett is that his floor is iman shumpert
haha c'mon man. iman shumpert was LOST as an offensive player.
Wait n watch buddy
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Allanfan20
Posts: 34018
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
5/15/2019  10:18 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant does not have question marks. Zion's question marks...his weight. Barrett's question marks...his shooting
Ja Morant is like a better Westbrook the way he carved his competition. He's a good consolation prize I'd be ok with.
I love Ja and I would take him over RJ. With that said, he has plenty of question marks:

1) Turnovers
2) He hasn't played against the best competition throughout the year.
3) He plays out of control a lot.
4) Shot selection.
5) REALLY skinny body.

Saying he is a better version of Westbrook at this point is crazy.

Do you remember what Westbrook played like and looked like when he was drafted?
He hasn't played against the best competition but hasn't played with elite teammates either. X out Barrett from Duke and replace with Morant. Tell me they don't go further in the tournament

I agree Ja is the better prospect, based on the last college season. I am arguing with what you said about Ja having no question marks and the fact that you said he could be a better version of Russell. Everyone in this draft, including Zion, has a good number of question marks.

I saw Ja play in 2 games this year. In the first game, he played way too out of control and sloppy. The second game was the tourney game against Marquette and I thought he played more like Steve Nash than anyone else. I loved and love it. I would love for Memphis to get stupid and draft Barrett so we can get Ja too. That doesn’t mean Ja is red flag free.

BTW, Ja is going to be the worst defender in the top 3, by far.... most likely at least.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
Marv
Posts: 34598
Alba Posts: 69
Joined: 9/2/2002
Member: #315
5/15/2019  10:20 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Marv wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:My problem with Barrett is that his floor is iman shumpert
haha c'mon man. iman shumpert was LOST as an offensive player.
Wait n watch buddy

can't wait.

“This board has become a repository for mentally unstable attention seekers. Or gimmick posters.” - sebstar
Cartman718
Posts: 28889
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  10:34 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant does not have question marks. Zion's question marks...his weight. Barrett's question marks...his shooting
Ja Morant is like a better Westbrook the way he carved his competition. He's a good consolation prize I'd be ok with.
I love Ja and I would take him over RJ. With that said, he has plenty of question marks:

1) Turnovers
2) He hasn't played against the best competition throughout the year.
3) He plays out of control a lot.
4) Shot selection.
5) REALLY skinny body.

Saying he is a better version of Westbrook at this point is crazy.

Do you remember what Westbrook played like and looked like when he was drafted?
He hasn't played against the best competition but hasn't played with elite teammates either. X out Barrett from Duke and replace with Morant. Tell me they don't go further in the tournament
I agree Ja is the better prospect, based on the last college season. I am arguing with what you said about Ja having no question marks and the fact that you said he could be a better version of Russell. Everyone in this draft, including Zion, has a good number of question marks.

I saw Ja play in 2 games this year. In the first game, he played way too out of control and sloppy. The second game was the tourney game against Marquette and I thought he played more like Steve Nash than anyone else. I loved and love it. I would love for Memphis to get stupid and draft Barrett so we can get Ja too. That doesn’t mean Ja is red flag free.

BTW, Ja is going to be the worst defender in the top 3, by far.... most likely at least.

Of course each player drafted has some red flags....even Lebron came in with red flags...can he ever shoot. Same with Ben Simmons.

I’m saying in comparison to Zion and Barrett he has less career deadening red flags

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01.html

Scroll to per game:
His mvp’ish season...
31.6 ppg
5.4 TOs
9 rebs
10.4 assists

I can see Ja topping that at his peak
Westbrook to start nba:
41.5% 2pt FG
27.1% 3 pt FG
4.9 rebs
5.3 assists
1.3 stls
0.2 blk

Are you seriously saying Ja couldn’t top that easily?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler
Posts: 35510
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

5/15/2019  10:55 AM
Stephen A Smith said that Perry/Mills might be more interested in Garland.
Sambakick
Posts: 20382
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/8/2013
Member: #5646

5/15/2019  7:23 PM
Grizz "locked in on Ja Morant". Per Bleacher Report.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Sambakick
Posts: 20382
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/8/2013
Member: #5646

5/15/2019  7:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  7:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith said that Perry/Mills might be more interested in Garland.

A guy nobody ever heard of? Hasn't seen? Haven't spoken of til yesterday. OKrrrrr.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Welcome to the Knicks - RJ Barrett

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.