[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Welcome to the Knicks - RJ Barrett
Author Thread
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

5/14/2019  9:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/14/2019  9:05 PM
Giants and Knicks both draft Duke QBs

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836216-rj-barrett-says-hes-best-player-in-2019-nba-draft-ahead-of-lottery

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/14/2019  9:08 PM
Sambakick wrote:Giants and Knicks both draft Duke QBs

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836216-rj-barrett-says-hes-best-player-in-2019-nba-draft-ahead-of-lottery

he is incredible. I am excited
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/14/2019  9:11 PM
So if they can sign KD and Kyrie, not a given now, IMO.

Mitch/kornet
KD
Knox/LT
Barret/Dotosn
Kyrie/Dsj/Frank

IMO, not good enough.

As for Ja -

Conley has 2 years left...after this year, Memphis gets cap space. I think they take the best player available. They will need it.

Sambakick

5/14/2019  9:16 PM
Caseloads wrote:

Steve Nash is his Godfather. He played with his father on the Canadian national team.

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
5/14/2019  9:20 PM
One of the most controversial players in terms of views from NBA scouts and NCAA "experts."

NCAA lovers go bananas over him. Some NBA fans do too, but some have serious doubts.

It's not even clear we keep this pick at all.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/14/2019  9:24 PM
Sambakick wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Steve Nash is his Godfather. He played with his father on the Canadian national team.

I think his dad played for St. John's, so there is a ready made NYC connection

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/14/2019  9:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/14/2019  9:42 PM
The extra money for the 3rd pick puts us under 2 max slots if we retain Trier and Dotson I believe
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/14/2019  9:41 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Trade the pick for Beal

No.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/14/2019  9:42 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

No.

At least Beal can shoot

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/14/2019  9:45 PM
It’s too early in the draft game to know what will happen. Both Ja and RJ offer great intangibles as well as question marks.

I’m not even sure Memphis has it clear either.

While Zion is the clear #1, the first intrigue will come at #2. Unless one of them distance himself from the other, it will be a close battle between the two.

I’m so glad we didn’t fall off the top 3.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
5/14/2019  9:50 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

No.

At least Beal can shoot

My goodness. So you aren’t a pure shooter like Curry, you can’t shoot. Got it. So much fun to reduce players to the tired stereotype everybody repeats without thinking.

Is Barrett a finished product? No.

Guess what? Not even the expected #1 pick is. While everyone is excited about Zion, his question marks are really scary for a #1 pick. Ja has his questions as well. Why?

Because they are prospects!! They can and will improve.

Knicks_Fan
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/14/2019  9:53 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

No.

At least Beal can shoot

My goodness. So you aren’t a pure shooter like Curry, you can’t shoot. Got it. So much fun to reduce players to the tired stereotype everybody repeats without thinking.

Guess what? Not even the expected #1 pick is. While everyone is excited about Zion, his question marks are really scary for a #1 pick. Ja has his questions as well. Why?

Yeah I think the whole "he cant shoot" thing is overblown. Its fair to say he had issues but that can be corrected. Kid is a hell of a player and can play both sides of the court
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/14/2019  9:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

No.

At least Beal can shoot

Yeah I think the whole "he cant shoot" thing is overblown. Its fair to say he had issues but that can be corrected. Kid is a hell of a player and can play both sides of the court

If he develops a better shot, he’ll have just as much potential as Zion.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Sambakick

5/14/2019  9:56 PM
Trading this pick would be crazy.

Look, everyone knows Zion is going #1.
Before all the ESPN highlights, before the season started RJ was the consensus #1.
This will be an easy pick to make. Whoever of Ja or RJ isn't picked 2nd, we take.
Simple.

Start scouting for next draft.

Knicksfan
USA
5/14/2019  9:57 PM
Sambakick wrote:Trading this pick would be crazy.

Look, everyone knows Zion is going #1.
Before all the ESPN highlights, before the season started RJ was the consensus #1.
This will be an easy pick to make. Whoever of Ja or RJ isn't picked 2nd, we take.
Simple.

Start scouting for next draft.

Eggxactly!

Knicks_Fan
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/14/2019  10:21 PM
Ja Morant does not have question marks. Zion's question marks...his weight. Barrett's question marks...his shooting
Ja Morant is like a better Westbrook the way he carved his competition. He's a good consolation prize I'd be ok with.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/14/2019  10:25 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant does not have question marks. Zion's question marks...his weight. Barrett's question marks...his shooting
Ja Morant is like a better Westbrook the way he carved his competition. He's a good consolation prize I'd be ok with.

Isn’t the fact that he played in an inferior league his biggest question mark? How about the turnovers? Thought those were quite assumed

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/14/2019  10:30 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Ja Morant does not have question marks. Zion's question marks...his weight. Barrett's question marks...his shooting

Isn’t the fact that he played in an inferior league his biggest question mark? How about the turnovers? Thought those were quite assumed

This
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/14/2019  10:33 PM
Well, I'm glad as heck that we didn't fall more in the draft. We still will get a consensus top-3 player. It doesn't mean they'll necessarily pan out as the top 3 players in the draft class 5 or 10 years down the road, but we'll deal with that later.

The Grizzlies have an interesting choice here - will they bank on Ja learning PG from Conley while playing SG? (2 scoring guards with PG skills is all the rage in the western conference finals!) Or will they go for a more traditional fit with Barrett?

Clearly the decision from the Knicks' standpoint is easier - take whoever isn't picked. RJ is easier to rationalize for the Knicks as well, as we still have to figure out what to do with our PG situation. We've been talking about Kyrie/Kemba, though if the Grizzlies draft Ja, Conley might become available via trade. Plus we still have DSJ and Ntilikina under contract, and who knows if Mudiay will take less to play for Fizdale. Lots of PGs.

Of course there's this debate - whether Culver is going to be a better player than Barrett. Culver has a higher floor at this point, having had experience playing a supporting role on a good team. All RJ knows is being an alpha, though he had to share the spotlight (and did so exceedingly well) with Zion as a teammate.

https://theknickswall.com/rj-barrett-vs-jarrett-culver-draft-knicks-debate/

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/14/2019  10:34 PM
martin wrote:

It is an inferior league, but he still willed his team to the touranment. In 33 games this past season, he had 10+ assist games 19 times. Turnovers....yes a bit concerning but only because he's not playing with NBA teammates with better skill sets.
FYI...Curry averages 3 TOs for his career. Literally no one uses that as a barometer for him because he does so many other things great.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Welcome to the Knicks - RJ Barrett

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy