[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Durant hurt..
Author Thread
Bretrobert1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6028

5/9/2019  12:34 AM
I have the volume on low, but it looked like an achilles to me.
"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
AUTOADVERT
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
5/9/2019  1:41 AM
They said calf strain and should not miss too much time. That said, he is over 30 now and it's likely nagging injuries will occur more frequently.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/9/2019  3:57 AM
It's been annoying me how much the Warriors have played him this season- should have dialled back the minutes
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/9/2019  8:12 AM
smackeddog wrote:It's been annoying me how much the Warriors have played him this season- should have dialled back the minutes

They cannot match Rocket without him. Steph is also a major effort away from going down.
The team has no depth. Without KD they will be lucky to make the playoffs next year.
Nothing last forever. Another reminder that free agency is a gamble no less that draft or even more.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/9/2019  8:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/9/2019  8:25 AM
arkrud wrote:
smackeddog wrote:It's been annoying me how much the Warriors have played him this season- should have dialled back the minutes

They cannot match Rocket without him. Steph is also a major effort away from going down.
The team has no depth. Without KD they will be lucky to make the playoffs next year.
Nothing last forever. Another reminder that free agency is a gamble no less that draft or even more.

They didn't need him before, and do you even remember any of the bench players on the roster they won a championship with, I know I don't..

THE GSW win because they play very unselfish, but when their stars are healthy, they flat out dominate..

ES
arkrud
USA
5/9/2019  8:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/9/2019  8:54 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:

They didn't need him before, and do you even remember any of the bench players on the roster they won a championship with, I know I don't..

THE GSW win because they play very unselfish, but when their stars are healthy, they flat out dominate..

Bogut, Barbosa and West were very instrumental. Iggi was a star on playoffs MVP level.
Steph was fantastic and durable not a man with bad knees and million miles.
And competition was far less. Game also changed. Everybody are running and gunning and pace quicken.
Depth became paramount. Warriors will need reset after KD is gone or deteriorate.
They have nothing in the pipeline so it will be painful but it surely was a great run.
Not Spurs type of run but still Dynasty level.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
5/9/2019  8:55 AM
we will have a breaking down durant who has a dumb MSG channel show on all the time. The discount jersey's at modells will be in full stock.
arkrud
USA
5/9/2019  9:52 AM
anrst wrote:we will have a breaking down durant who has a dumb MSG channel show on all the time. The discount jersey's at modells will be in full stock.

You see... You can get established star who has used body or young rising star who is still a question mark.
So you have some dangers eater way.
Path to success is not to rely on one or two players but have a flexibility, redundancy, and system which can adapt.
So it is not about single player no matter how good he is at a moment in time.
If any star over 30 pushing for 4 year max deal I would just pass.
KD however is very good figure for young players to be developed around him.
Is he up for this kind of setup? I doubt it.
It will be very difficult free agency...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/9/2019  9:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/9/2019  10:02 AM
Why do so many extrapolate the past into the future with ease? Durant has been amazingly durable and one injury and we peg him done?
Expectations of him the next few years has to be logically less, but not outright downtrodden!

As for GSW "won without", dude, that was how many years ago and a roster constructed a bit different. Can they win still? Of course they can.
GSW first title was a perfect storm of about every premium PG in the west got hurt in time to help GSW. IN particular Chris Paul with the Clippers.
Championships are won on the training table is very true. Chips are not easy and require elements of random good fortune and elements of random bad fortune on others. GSW does have its winning DNA and Steph will have to dial time back again. They have one game lead but we all know about game 6's........

I picked Toronto to win the whole thing based on GSW not being so fortunate in the end. Still a long way to go before this comes about. I had boston in the conf finals as I did not see MIlwaukees ascent to this degree. Nalod has no superior insight nor is this a "told ya", its that "Shyt happens" conversation point. When did I learn this sage perspective? Knicks in 1990's! Ewings injuries defied the logic of them being better. The year they were set to go, PJ brown Midget tosses Charlie ward and knicks stepped off the bench. Only year Riles beat a JVG knick team!!! We were up 3-2 in that series. Not sure what hurt more, that or 1994? Its not easy to win chips although Phil made it look that way at times.
1999 run to finals was pure joy even in defeat. Knicks defied expectations. That Spurs team was the class of the league.

Regarding Durant, He can give us two years at near MVP level then he will tail off. That is not being salty, that's just real. How much he tails and how good this team can be around him is the key. I need not be a miserable exercise if the team contends.

Nalod don't buy anyone's Jersey.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/9/2019  12:12 PM
Nalod wrote:Why do so many extrapolate the past into the future with ease? Durant has been amazingly durable and one injury and we peg him done?
Expectations of him the next few years has to be logically less, but not outright downtrodden!

As for GSW "won without", dude, that was how many years ago and a roster constructed a bit different. Can they win still? Of course they can.
GSW first title was a perfect storm of about every premium PG in the west got hurt in time to help GSW. IN particular Chris Paul with the Clippers.
Championships are won on the training table is very true. Chips are not easy and require elements of random good fortune and elements of random bad fortune on others. GSW does have its winning DNA and Steph will have to dial time back again. They have one game lead but we all know about game 6's........

I picked Toronto to win the whole thing based on GSW not being so fortunate in the end. Still a long way to go before this comes about. I had boston in the conf finals as I did not see MIlwaukees ascent to this degree. Nalod has no superior insight nor is this a "told ya", its that "Shyt happens" conversation point. When did I learn this sage perspective? Knicks in 1990's! Ewings injuries defied the logic of them being better. The year they were set to go, PJ brown Midget tosses Charlie ward and knicks stepped off the bench. Only year Riles beat a JVG knick team!!! We were up 3-2 in that series. Not sure what hurt more, that or 1994? Its not easy to win chips although Phil made it look that way at times.
1999 run to finals was pure joy even in defeat. Knicks defied expectations. That Spurs team was the class of the league.

Regarding Durant, He can give us two years at near MVP level then he will tail off. That is not being salty, that's just real. How much he tails and how good this team can be around him is the key. I need not be a miserable exercise if the team contends.

A number of athletes have been amazingly durable for a majority of their careers, until one of a couple of things happen. Ask LeBron. Hell, ask the inspiration to my username.

It’s nothing to lose your sheeeot about but it’s still a concern.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
5/9/2019  12:49 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Why do so many extrapolate the past into the future with ease? Durant has been amazingly durable and one injury and we peg him done?

A number of athletes have been amazingly durable for a majority of their careers, until one of a couple of things happen. Ask LeBron. Hell, ask the inspiration to my username.

After last season Kawahi was seen as "Fragile" both mentally and physically. Now by most fans standard they'd take him over Durant.
Durant has been Ironman, until last night.

We are often easily swayed buy what is in front of us.
All max contracts are a big risk. Some more than others. Think Amare and no surprise what happened. It was foretold by Suns three year offer.
Lebron had his first real injury. He was playing insane ball before. His decline at seasons end was in part due to there was nothing to play for.
Not cool, but I get it. Might be father time playing catch up. Same for Durant. We don't know. But look at LeBron before he got hurt. Was having one of his best seasons.

Kyries situation is complex. That team is a dysfunctional mess and he is part of it, but not all of it.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
5/9/2019  2:01 PM
durant's had multiple foot surgeries.

it's lucky and surprising that this hasn't been an issue for a few years

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/9/2019  2:48 PM
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

After last season Kawahi was seen as "Fragile" both mentally and physically. Now by most fans standard they'd take him over Durant.

All max contracts are a big risk. Some more than others. Think Amare and no surprise what happened. It was foretold by Suns three year offer.
Lebron had his first real injury. He was playing insane ball before. His decline at seasons end was in part due to there was nothing to play for.
Not cool, but I get it. Might be father time playing catch up. Same for Durant. We don't know. But look at LeBron before he got hurt. Was having one of his best seasons.

Kyries situation is complex. That team is a dysfunctional mess and he is part of it, but not all of it.

We are on the same page. Once you’re older, one injury can lead to your downfall. I hope I am wrong for LeBron’s and Durant’s sake.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/9/2019  3:38 PM

Phew! Interesting to see how this effects his decision- if they win without him and he doesn’t play, he’ll likely get irked at all the “we don’t need him” takes from warrior fans.

Nalod
USA
5/9/2019  5:32 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

We are on the same page. Once you’re older, one injury can lead to your downfall. I hope I am wrong for LeBron’s and Durant’s sake.

Your not wrong. Its nature!

Durant hurt..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy