[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Draft Lottery! (5/14 830pm ESPN)
Author Thread
jrodmc
Posts: 31152
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
5/15/2019  8:03 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Moonangie wrote:RJB is not a bad consolation. Or Ja Rastafari.

Wouldn't mind seeing how a DSjr/Barrett backcourt would work on a trial basis.

You mean a backcourt that cannot shoot? FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO

Forgot you were 12

Forgot you love basketball players in a 3 point league that cant shoot

Barrett's is a player in this league...dude is a bull taking the ball to basket, has a scorer's mentality, has legit 2 guard size and he is left. He is 19 yrs old, plenty of time and hard work and he can improve his shot. He is a much better prospect than all of the dudes behind him. It could be worse....

And yet it could be so much better. Let Zion and RJ play together in NO. #3 + Dallas 2 picks + filler for AD none of which includes Mitch or Knox or IsoZo

Does the unprotected Dallas pick go to the Knicks in the double draft? Knicks get 2021 and 2023 now from Dallas.

yes so 2019 #3, 2021 + 2023 Dallas picks + filler enough to get AD?

Boston can offer more...Tatum and a couple of pickles will get it done

The Knicks have operated as a functional, smart franchise recently. Getting into a bidding war with Boston for AD could get really ugly. If the celts get AD Kyrie probably stays. If that doesn't impact KD's decision then I think the Knicks just use the cap space on another free agent but if it does the KNicks could give up too much in a bidding war. I think the forum is almost over the Melo trade. A similar trade for AD would be rough.
Agreed. It would cost much much more than the Melo trade too. I mean technically we only gave up one first along with gallo,chandler,felton,Mozgov. I didnt like the trade but it wasnt a terrible loss. For AD they want the 2019 first Barrett/Morant,Knox,Frank,Mitch, and probably 3-4 more firsts.

Ah, the Melo hate balloons are finally in the air... LMAO; what was it? 8 years later and the "He raped/gutted the team" has mellowed to "it wasn't a terrible loss".
Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 57723
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/15/2019  8:04 AM
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't see AD going to LA. Too much bad blood from last year. Can't imagine Griffin is psyched with helping out Lebron either

Celts are in turmoil now. If Kyrie stays they have chemistry issues. IF he goes then why would Boston want AD, to pair him with a bunch of non-superstars like he had in NOLA? I don't see them including Tatum. We might think that's fair value but Ainge will offer assets like Brown, Rozier et al,

Zion did not look happy about NOLA. Is there anyway he throws a hissy fit like (was it) Danny Ferry and forces a trade?

ferry backed it up by playing overseas to force the trade.

Forgot about that. He forced the trade from the CLippers to play in Cleveland. Thats how bad playing for a sterling owned team was then. SoCal to Ohio. Wow!!
They likely got Zion out of there as any small slip could have had consequences regarding shoe deals and other considerations. Smart move. Kid is under a microscope. THere was a moment he was 50-50 going to NY or LA. Then it was between Memphis or Nola. Can’t hide that shyt! HE has yet to hire an agent and if there is any thought to pulling a power play picking the right guy to do that is still on the table. Ferry’s dad was long time Bulletts/Wizards GM Bob Ferry and he obviously knew his stuff. Orchestrating that potential exile to Europe was a masterstroke if staying away from Clipperland was the objective.

For the 100th time, AD to Knicks would weaken them. Kyrie can play with Durant or AD. If he stays Boston gets depleted. They likely lose Horford and depth. Haywood is not a good trade asset. He can play with Durant and depth. It’s not just year one, its a 4 year thing. My view is Durant and depth is better than AD and not.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
Allanfan20
Posts: 34216
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
5/15/2019  9:11 AM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't see AD going to LA. Too much bad blood from last year. Can't imagine Griffin is psyched with helping out Lebron either

Celts are in turmoil now. If Kyrie stays they have chemistry issues. IF he goes then why would Boston want AD, to pair him with a bunch of non-superstars like he had in NOLA? I don't see them including Tatum. We might think that's fair value but Ainge will offer assets like Brown, Rozier et al,

Zion did not look happy about NOLA. Is there anyway he throws a hissy fit like (was it) Danny Ferry and forces a trade?

ferry backed it up by playing overseas to force the trade.

Forgot about that. He forced the trade from the CLippers to play in Cleveland. Thats how bad playing for a sterling owned team was then. SoCal to Ohio. Wow!!
They likely got Zion out of there as any small slip could have had consequences regarding shoe deals and other considerations. Smart move. Kid is under a microscope. THere was a moment he was 50-50 going to NY or LA. Then it was between Memphis or Nola. Can’t hide that shyt! HE has yet to hire an agent and if there is any thought to pulling a power play picking the right guy to do that is still on the table. Ferry’s dad was long time Bulletts/Wizards GM Bob Ferry and he obviously knew his stuff. Orchestrating that potential exile to Europe was a masterstroke if staying away from Clipperland was the objective.

For the 100th time, AD to Knicks would weaken them. Kyrie can play with Durant or AD. If he stays Boston gets depleted. They likely lose Horford and depth. Haywood is not a good trade asset. He can play with Durant and depth. It’s not just year one, its a 4 year thing. My view is Durant and depth is better than AD and not.

If he hasn’t hired an agent, he can still play another season at Duke as well. I still think he’ll play with the Pelicans but if he had to choose between getting paid sheot in Europe or playing for Duke, I think he would take Duke.

Friendship and business don’t mix.
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32710
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

5/15/2019  9:59 AM
the more I think about it, the happier I am with the outcome. New rules. We were basically 50% to be in the top 3 and 50% to be 4 or 5. We got in the top 3 in a three horse draft. Yeah, I wanted Zion but we will have a thoroughbred and we haven't drafted one of those in a long time. Someone might say KP but I remember children crying when we drafted him
Cartman718 said: Is Fiz going to write Zion on the board during the timeout
GustavBahler
Posts: 35927
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

5/15/2019  10:04 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't see AD going to LA. Too much bad blood from last year. Can't imagine Griffin is psyched with helping out Lebron either

Celts are in turmoil now. If Kyrie stays they have chemistry issues. IF he goes then why would Boston want AD, to pair him with a bunch of non-superstars like he had in NOLA? I don't see them including Tatum. We might think that's fair value but Ainge will offer assets like Brown, Rozier et al,

Zion did not look happy about NOLA. Is there anyway he throws a hissy fit like (was it) Danny Ferry and forces a trade?

ferry backed it up by playing overseas to force the trade.

Forgot about that. He forced the trade from the CLippers to play in Cleveland. Thats how bad playing for a sterling owned team was then. SoCal to Ohio. Wow!!
They likely got Zion out of there as any small slip could have had consequences regarding shoe deals and other considerations. Smart move. Kid is under a microscope. THere was a moment he was 50-50 going to NY or LA. Then it was between Memphis or Nola. Can’t hide that shyt! HE has yet to hire an agent and if there is any thought to pulling a power play picking the right guy to do that is still on the table. Ferry’s dad was long time Bulletts/Wizards GM Bob Ferry and he obviously knew his stuff. Orchestrating that potential exile to Europe was a masterstroke if staying away from Clipperland was the objective.

For the 100th time, AD to Knicks would weaken them. Kyrie can play with Durant or AD. If he stays Boston gets depleted. They likely lose Horford and depth. Haywood is not a good trade asset. He can play with Durant and depth. It’s not just year one, its a 4 year thing. My view is Durant and depth is better than AD and not.

If he hasn’t hired an agent, he can still play another season at Duke as well. I still think he’ll play with the Pelicans but if he had to choose between getting paid sheot in Europe or playing for Duke, I think he would take Duke.

Im sure you're right, guess it will be official when Zion has one. Would likely be too expensive to trade for him, on the very off chance that Zion tried to force his way out.

Marv
Posts: 34722
Alba Posts: 69
Joined: 9/2/2002
Member: #315
5/15/2019  10:06 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:the more I think about it, the happier I am with the outcome. New rules. We were basically 50% to be in the top 3 and 50% to be 4 or 5. We got in the top 3 in a three horse draft. Yeah, I wanted Zion but we will have a thoroughbred and we haven't drafted one of those in a long time. Someone might say KP but I remember children crying when we drafted him

haha

yeah i'm happy too. please let's just not make a dumbass AD trade. we've got a pretty unique opportunity if we play free agency right.

“This board has become a repository for mentally unstable attention seekers. Or gimmick posters.” - sebstar
Cartman718
Posts: 28976
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  10:14 AM
Lottery is over and tankathon bitch is still hating the Knicks
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Posts: 28976
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  10:15 AM
People here talking about “but we had an 86% chance we wouldn’t get #1”. Well guess what pelicans and grizz were 94% in that chance
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Posts: 57723
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/15/2019  11:03 AM
Cartman718 wrote:People here talking about “but we had an 86% chance we wouldn't get #1”. Well guess what pelicans and grizz were 94% in that chance

Its like the power ball lottery. The odds are better to get hit by lightening. Someone will win. Buy more tickets increase the odds.
Knicks like Suns and Cav's had the best odds but still was stacked against them.
Each pick out did not increase our odds. At the "final 4" the logic was we had the best chance but it was already determined. Take the emotion out and just look at the math.
Does it make you feel better? Of course not!
I had us pegged at 5th given the math. You might think we fell 2 spots down or I might thing we moved two spots up. Since the odds were out there before the season started all is fair in my view.
Did we "tank", "Suck", or "Fundamentally rebuild"? Since Tanking is mathematically ignorant and once evident there was no miracle to our roster we fundamentally did what teams should do with a youthful roster and the construction of how it was put together. Give them minutes as they earned it, give young guys opportunities, and remove players like Enes that did not fit in our plans.

The benefits? Unseen given the record but here we are. Can draft the next Paul George/Harden type talent (they were not hyped out of college) or all star potential guard, have some damn good rookies on the bench and unprecedented cap space. Its going to be interesting at the very least. Sun fans were thinking Zion or Ja will be awesome!! They fell to their odds. Same as ours.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
smackeddog
Posts: 34170
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
5/15/2019  11:29 AM
This new system sucks- what are the Cavs meant to do? No one wants to sign there, they don't have enough talent, yet they could be stuff in the cellar for years and years due to such low lottery odds for the worst teams.
Cartman718
Posts: 28976
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  11:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:This new system sucks- what are the Cavs meant to do? No one wants to sign there, they don't have enough talent, yet they could be stuff in the cellar for years and years due to such low lottery odds for the worst teams.
For the love of God, Cavs have had more #1 picks since Lebron than like 2-3 lottery bound franchises combined!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Posts: 28976
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  11:44 AM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Posts: 34170
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
5/15/2019  11:46 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:This new system sucks- what are the Cavs meant to do? No one wants to sign there, they don't have enough talent, yet they could be stuff in the cellar for years and years due to such low lottery odds for the worst teams.
For the love of God, Cavs have had more #1 picks since Lebron than like 2-3 lottery bound franchises combined!

So what is a bad team in an unpopular area supposed to do? When they're just a bad team, they're not tanking, they're just genuinely bad? How do they get out of it?

Uptown
Posts: 27781
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

5/15/2019  12:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:This new system sucks- what are the Cavs meant to do? No one wants to sign there, they don't have enough talent, yet they could be stuff in the cellar for years and years due to such low lottery odds for the worst teams.
For the love of God, Cavs have had more #1 picks since Lebron than like 2-3 lottery bound franchises combined!

So what is a bad team in an unpopular area supposed to do? When they're just a bad team, they're not tanking, they're just genuinely bad? How do they get out of it?

Silver always caters to the small market teams in the draft. Cleveland twice, Minny, Pho all won the the top spot in the draft even when the %'s were against them. BTW, we are a major market team and have been dreadful for decades. Management helps small market teams (San An), Portland, etc, stay relevant.

smackeddog
Posts: 34170
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
5/15/2019  12:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  12:44 PM
Ah, good to know- we were destined for the third pick as if they'd kept the old odds system, we'd still have ended up with the third pick:

Cartman718
Posts: 28976
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  12:53 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Posts: 28976
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/15/2019  12:54 PM
4 year rental at best
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
LegendD
Posts: 20064
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/8/2018
Member: #8653
Latvia
5/15/2019  1:21 PM
3rd pick... I think it's karma, because Knicks trade away own superstar KP... and now a large part of Knicks fans laughs at the KP fight incident... so Knicks got back karma
StarksEwing1
Posts: 31842
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

5/15/2019  1:29 PM
LegendD wrote:3rd pick... I think it's karma, because Knicks trade away own superstar KP... and now a large part of Knicks fans laughs at the KP fight incident... so Knicks got back karma
I don't really think karma had anything to do with it
martin
Posts: 48650
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/15/2019  2:19 PM
smackeddog wrote:Ah, good to know- we were destined for the third pick as if they'd kept the old odds system, we'd still have ended up with the third pick:

Oh wow, thanks for this!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Draft Lottery! (5/14 830pm ESPN)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.