[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jordan to Miami
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
9/23/2004  12:30 PM
A short item in Wednesday's Denver Post said that word around the league — according to Denver Nuggets General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe —is that Jordan has been working out feverishly and may be eyeing a chance to resume his career alongside O'Neal.

Its a pretty scary thought, and you know Jordan can't stay away, and there would be no bigger stage for him considering he has Shaq in the middle....

With Jordan the Heat are the favorites to win it all, if he decides he wants another championship...75% of Mike is still at top 25 player, and he actual has weapons to play with Shaq, Wade, Jones. Ohh and guess who...

Karl Malone....would be on his way down there...(unfortunatly Stockon, should sign on as the backup pg, but he is doing better things.

Starting Line-Up

Shaq
Malone
Jordan
Jones
Wade

That wins the championship.

AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
9/23/2004  12:40 PM
2 aging (if you can call them that at this point - how about well aged) former superstars, plus Shaq who has been les effective since the zone and a young Wade. Doesnt sound like a guaranteed championship - it sounds good dont get me wrong but so did the lineup of Shaq, Malone, Kobe and Payton + whatever 5th man was in there.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/23/2004  12:42 PM
there was an article posted today saying that Shaq didn't want Jordan on his team.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/9735577.htm

[Edited by - TMS on 09/23/2004 12:43:28]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MS
9/23/2004  12:49 PM
O'Neal told teammates that Jordan has left him several messages, and O'Neal was convinced Jordan wants to play for the Heat this year. O'Neal told teammates he was not interested in having Jordan join the Heat, and others agreed, the sources said. O'Neal even asked whether one of the players should go to management and express the desire not to add Jordan, one of the sources said.
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
9/23/2004  12:59 PM
I have read that headline on Hoopshype.com. I will say this, a line-up of Shaq, Karl and MJ will not exactly be that scary. Maybe 10 years ago. If you think about it, the only big time impact players on that Miami team are Shaq and Wade bar none. Karl is slow and can only play by bruising up hard fouls. MJ has avg speed at best (I will give him that) and is just a spot up shooter. Younger, faster, athletic players will eat them up by running up and down the court. It is not a pun at Miami but the reality of their roster depth.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/23/2004  1:01 PM
I'll take Jordan on the Knicks for Shandon Anderson
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/23/2004  1:05 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

we all would

[Edited by - TMS on 09/23/2004 13:06:05]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
9/23/2004  1:42 PM
let em take jordan...i'm not scared of miami.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/23/2004  1:54 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

You really think Jordan will be able to do anything this year, EVEN if he plays next to Shaq? I dont see it man, I just dont see it.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
9/23/2004  1:57 PM
Jordan will still be pretty good but I wouldn't want him if I was Miami unless Jordan took a much lesser role than he did in Washington where he was the focal point hindering the development of other players.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/23/2004  2:06 PM
Can't you just see Shaq, in his mind finally "free" of Kobe, now being faced with the propspect of playing in the media and on-court shadow of Jordan? HA!
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
9/23/2004  2:13 PM
Posted by Marv:

Can't you just see Shaq, in his mind finally "free" of Kobe, now being faced with the propspect of playing in the media and on-court shadow of Jordan? HA!

Good point.Id be pissed if I were him.
MS
9/23/2004  2:14 PM
Considering reports were that he was more than holding his own with Walker, Finley, Ray Allen, Howard, and Curry i would say he would do just fine

He was also eating next years lottery kids alive...So he can obviously still play

But Shaq really wants to win on his own, to spite Kobe, I don't see them getting Jordan but it would be fun to watch if he would take a lesser role, and allow Miami to really gel....

The Heat need to sign Rodney White, and Fizer, they would fit so well with that team.
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
9/23/2004  2:23 PM
Posted by MS:

O'Neal told teammates that Jordan has left him several messages, and O'Neal was convinced Jordan wants to play for the Heat this year. O'Neal told teammates he was not interested in having Jordan join the Heat, and others agreed, the sources said. O'Neal even asked whether one of the players should go to management and express the desire not to add Jordan, one of the sources said.

If this is true, it is a bigtime insult to Jordan and proof that Shaq cares more about his own selfish goals and publicity than winning a title. If true, it means Shaq wants the spotlight & the headlines to be about Shaq, not about another Jordan comeback. I can't figure another reason why he wouldn't want to have an all time great on a team that obviously has issues with depth.

Adding a talent like MJ, who, while just a shell of his former self was still a very good player and an all star during his last go-around with the wizards would signifcantly upgrade a team that currently has Rasual Butler as its starting SF.

Shaq would still be asked to carry the scoring load, and Wade as the second option is good. Jordan, even if limited to 25 min or so, would still draw defenders out of the lane to contest the jumper and will make defenses pay for ignoring him. Even in his old age is better than Eddie Jones is at this point. (offensivley at least)

As far as Jordan goes, he should come into the situation knowing this is Shaq's team and expecting a lesser role. At 41 yrs old, who knows what he has left. But I wouldn't underestimate him. Shaq should grow up, realize his team could use the help, and gladly welcome MJ inot the fold if he wants to come back.

That said, I hope it doesn't happen. Like a lot of Knick fans, I don't like the heat going back to the rivalry days in the late 90s. I don't know if Jordan puts them over the top, but I like their chances better with him than without.

[Edited by - ctknicksfan on 09/23/2004 14:35:17]
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/23/2004  3:13 PM
Miami should try and pickup Jordan, even if he can only give them 15-20 minutes a game, there is still so much he can teach their young players, mainly Wade.
Silverfuel
USA
9/23/2004  3:16 PM
I really dont think Shaq would go that far to say he doesnt want Jordan on his team. I dont think Jordan wants to play again.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/23/2004  3:38 PM

My take is that what jordan also brings to the court is his diva ego and his personality would undermine Stan Van, but also the leadership that is Shaq, and that he likes to make sure the younger guys get theirs. Shaq often sucked up to Kobes ego to keep the team going in the same direction. Jordan was ugly in Washington and could not help himself.

Jordan's character is what drove that awsome talented even further than just about any other player. That is what set him a part. He is the alpha dog any where he goes, but at his age would need to take a back seat. He can't do that either. Its just best he join the globetrotters and have some fun. He can buy into it, make the "Washington Generals" bitch slap team a sort of "and1" team and they can entertain. A freak in a circus some might say? Who knows, but he can fill arenas! But tarnish that mystique.
MS
9/23/2004  5:06 PM
I think that Shaq feels like he is going to lead the league in scoring which he has a very good chance of doing considering all the best players, tend to play in the West.

He won't have to go up against

Garnett, Duncan, Brand, Dampier, YAO, C-Webb, Camby, Nene, Martin, Stoudamire

Instead he gets

Wallace, Naz, Okafur, Z

So there is going to be a lot less wear on his body, he is thinner and healthy and there are a few shooters on the heat, unlike the Lakers that really couldn't make an open jumper
nykfan4life
Member: #742
USA
9/23/2004  9:37 PM
Posted by Nalod:

My take is that what jordan also brings to the court is his diva ego and his personality would undermine Stan Van, but also the leadership that is Shaq, and that he likes to make sure the younger guys get theirs. Shaq often sucked up to Kobes ego to keep the team going in the same direction. Jordan was ugly in Washington and could not help himself.

Jordan's character is what drove that awsome talented even further than just about any other player. That is what set him a part. He is the alpha dog any where he goes, but at his age would need to take a back seat. He can't do that either. Its just best he join the globetrotters and have some fun. He can buy into it, make the "Washington Generals" bitch slap team a sort of "and1" team and they can entertain. A freak in a circus some might say? Who knows, but he can fill arenas! But tarnish that mystique.

Jordan isn't coming back, so don't waste anymore time talking about it!.
Silverfuel
USA
9/23/2004  9:56 PM
Posted by nykfan4life:

Jordan isn't coming back, so don't waste anymore time talking about it!.
ROFLMAO Thats funny but true.
Jordan to Miami

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy