[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My line in the sand
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/25/2019  10:28 PM
I think i have to say this.
After 35 years of fandom, and 20 years of suffering Dolan's mismanagement of this team, 15 years after the plethora of terrible trades of the Isiah years, 9 years after blowing their opportunity to sign quality free agents in the Lebron/Wade/Bosh offseason, and then flipping Amare's albatross contract into Noah and Rose, this is it.
This is the last chance for me. If the Knicks blow this is offseason's salary on bull**** contracts for unworthy or injury prone players, I'm done. I won't mind if they don't use the salary and keep some dry powder because they don't get the players they want. But if they get capped out once again on the wrong players, i need to walk away, and stop wasting my time with a retarded, never-learn franchise.
I've drawn my line in the sand.
AUTOADVERT
Panos
4/25/2019  10:30 PM
SupremeCommander stated in another thread that he won't let Lucy from Peanuts pull away the football any more. This is my last kick.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/25/2019  10:50 PM
Perry/Mills would have to really mess up free agency, or pull a draft day deal like Layden- Dyess/Nene. For me not to watch. Something that screams quick fix. Part of what Perry/Mills can or will do, likely depends on where and who we draft.

We draft Zion, bringing in stars who arent considered at the top of the free agent class (who move the ball) isnt a bad idea. More space for Zion to develop his game, and become that third star sooner rather than later. We draft Morant/Barrett, if the best FAs pass on NY, then develop the players we have, try to build a deeper bench. Leave that cap room available for future opportunities. Sometimes players we believe dont want to leave their team, have a sudden change of mind.

Panos
4/25/2019  10:58 PM
Newsflash!
There is a 90% chance we DON'T draft Zion,
GustavBahler

4/25/2019  11:11 PM
Panos wrote:Newsflash!

Newsflash! We know.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/25/2019  11:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2019  11:16 PM
The question is what events can disrupt rebuild this summer?
Getting Zion will be the first possible disruption.
The KD choosing NY is the second.
Not much after that.
If this 2 things will not materialize the rebuild will follow its multiyear course.
Most probable we will get 2-3 pick and/or KD/nothing.
Why would our FO sign single second string FA or 2 to the team full of youngsters?
Most likely they will try to wait for trade opportunity.
But this is no time table for the trade. It is just asset management.
Business as usual.
I have no expectations and no conditions for the fandom as this is unconditional love.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

4/25/2019  11:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Newsflash! We know.

Newsflash 86% not 90%! so eff you Panos

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler

4/25/2019  11:27 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Newsflash! We know.

Newsflash! We know, didnt want to get caught up in minutia.

Like Zoolander, lol.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2019  11:33 PM
My line in the sand?

1994. Since then its entertainment and even the shyt show amuses me. Like a horror movie. You watch and have to see the end. It’s my reality show, my docudrama, my binge watch series that never ends.
Draw another line every few years, the peak into the darkness and hope lives.

I’m a fan of the game and respect those that should be rivals. We have no fight. Some have become salty and like Rainman vulnerable to react. Vmart gets indignant. Martin provides this for us. We all are hurting but grateful for the UK.

I’m enjoying the possibilities like Marv. I wont get crushed but I would be disappointed. I’m used to it!!

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
4/25/2019  11:52 PM
My line in the sand is if they trade all the young guys (eg Mitch) and future #1 picks for a star player this summer, regardless of if they land 1 or 2 max players (Durant, Kyrie). I don't care if they land the 5th pick and don't sign anybody good... I can even live with signing lesser max guys (eg Kemba) - but if they land Durant, Kyrie and trade the young farm and several #1 picks for an AD - that would be too much to bear! The front office keeps saying they won't do this so let's hope they really mean it (finally)!

And yes I've been a fan since 1978 - first game was the Eddie Lee Wilkens career game on opening night... Oh the pain :)

Panos
4/25/2019  11:54 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Newsflash! We know.

LOL

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/26/2019  6:19 AM
I'd agree this off season really can make or break the remaining fandom left in my soul. I no longer really care to watch this team. I have faith in Perry- our best GM since maybe Grunfeld & Checkets.

I like Fiz- I think he is the best coach since Riley.

If we somehow manage to sign Durant, great. We'll be competitive, but I don't think to go far.

If we miss out on Williamson, and I know we're at 86% of not and 100% not due to Dolan karma and the general misfortune, it will be the final blow for me.

20 years of futlity and what player can we point to and say- he was the great star we drafted?

David Lee might be the closest, and we let him go to sign Amare!

Nalod
USA
4/26/2019  7:32 AM
Moving the line or defining “Pain threshold”? Same thing really.
I live in NC and go to Hornet games from time to time. Does nothing. I’m from Brooklyn, was an Net ABA fan, but too many years have passed since they sold Dr. J and they ripped my heart out. NBA Nets mean little to me.
I can root for other teams in the playoffs but over the years I have little disdain for other teams because we have no rival. Knicks have not played in a meaningful game for years.
Zion is not ours to lose so I go with “Top 5”. Durant is not here yet.
I can live with disappointment. I have for years. No lines in the sand anymore. We can argue facts vs. opinions all day. It’s part of the fun.
The health of the ones I love, my children and my work are my passions. I play tennis 3-4 times a week. My work. My finances. I watch TV. I follow the Knicks. All the above comes with adversity and no prerequisite success for me to participate.
Zion is math. Knox gets reps is math. Math calculates opportunities as probabilities. Caps space with a young team and 7 picks in 5 years is a hope.

If you don’t have the balls to be a knick fan then cut them loose. Your balls that is. Use them.

Panos
4/26/2019  9:11 AM
Nalod wrote:Moving the line or defining "Pain threshold" Same thing really.
I live in NC and go to Hornet games from time to time. Does nothing. I;m from Brooklyn, was an Net ABA fan, but too many years have passed since they sold Dr. J and they ripped my heart out. NBA Nets mean little to me.
I can root for other teams in the playoffs but over the years I have little disdain for other teams because we have no rival. Knicks have not played in a meaningful game for years.
Zion is not ours to lose so I go with "Top 5. Durant is not here yet.
I can live with disappointment. I have for years. No lines in the sand anymore. We can argue facts vs. opinions all day. Its part of the fun.
The health of the ones I love, my children and my work are my passions. I play tennis 3-4 times a week. My work. My finances. I watch TV. I follow the Knicks. All the above comes with adversity and no prerequisite success for me to participate.
Zion is math. Knox gets reps is math. Math calculates opportunities as probabilities. Caps space with a young team and 7 picks in 5 years is a hope.

If you dont have the balls to be a knick fan then cut them loose. Your balls that is. Use them.

Good for you, dude.
You're not the only one with other things going on.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2019  10:55 AM
you just start checking out. I had Yankee season tickets for almost 15 years. When they got away from what made them good I just started checking out. Elsbury's contract was my line. I just stopped watched and spent the time doing other things. Stinky Knicks I will follow because of the young guys. Knox was whatever. Frank and DSjr were disappointments. Dotson and Trier look great and Mitch has laid the foundation to break out. NYC's Ben Wallace. That being said you still detach a bit... at least I do. Teams like this rarely have a ton of keepers, but I def got emotionally vested in bid Mitch this season and can only dream of a line up with Mitch and Dotson playing D next to KD/Kyrie. Fingers crossed. We can dream, but I do believe we have finally gone about this the right way.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
4/26/2019  11:01 AM
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:Moving the line or defining "Pain threshold" Same thing really.
I live in NC and go to Hornet games from time to time. Does nothing. I;m from Brooklyn, was an Net ABA fan, but too many years have passed since they sold Dr. J and they ripped my heart out. NBA Nets mean little to me.
Zion is not ours to lose so I go with "Top 5. Durant is not here yet.
I can live with disappointment. I have for years. No lines in the sand anymore. We can argue facts vs. opinions all day. Its part of the fun.

If you dont have the balls to be a knick fan then cut them loose. Your balls that is. Use them.

Good for you, dude.
You're not the only one with other things going on.

LOL, not enough to keep me away!!! Fish makes a good point about "checking out". I stopped watching mostly by February. Enjoyed watching frank and would watch him off the ball. The whole notion of suggestions of what he needs by some fans was amusing as well. Frank needs to hit more shots and if his shot respected go to the rim. The rest of his game is solid for a young'in.
Enjoyed Mitch rise also. Knox up and downs can be frustrating but a joy when he'd get hot.

If your watching for results I get it. But to follow a team is painful at times. When its bad, I'd shut it down. Check out. Read up on the team and start a new hope cycle.

GustavBahler

4/26/2019  11:18 AM
fishmike wrote:you just start checking out. I had Yankee season tickets for almost 15 years. When they got away from what made them good I just started checking out. Elsbury's contract was my line. I just stopped watched and spent the time doing other things. Stinky Knicks I will follow because of the young guys. Knox was whatever. Frank and DSjr were disappointments. Dotson and Trier look great and Mitch has laid the foundation to break out. NYC's Ben Wallace. That being said you still detach a bit... at least I do. Teams like this rarely have a ton of keepers, but I def got emotionally vested in bid Mitch this season and can only dream of a line up with Mitch and Dotson playing D next to KD/Kyrie. Fingers crossed. We can dream, but I do believe we have finally gone about this the right way.

DSjr's first game as a Knick was better than any game Frank had as a Knick, before or since then. DSjr put up those numbers with a bad back, and only knowing one teammate. I expect better things next season, if Smith jr is still here. Expect a better conditioned player, and a better floor general, without the starting lineup changing by the game. Believe some of you expected too much, too soon of Smith jr, under the circumstances.

I pretty much stopped watching the Yankees during the A-Rod era. Wish we could erase it from history. Wasnt just the juicing, it was what the way he went after his critics. Not going to look back nostalgically on that era. Still not watching like I used to. Remember seeing the old Yankee Stadium before the 70s renovation. Harder to remember as I get older. Things are looking better these days though. A new era.

There was so much turmoil this season it was like watching a basketball game break out at a car wreck. Agree that Mitch was the biggest positive this season. Knox turning the corner at the end, attacking from different angles, not just the top of the key, sharing the rock more, was also a positive development.

Kadeem Allen and Trier showed they can be good two-way bench players. DSJr showed IMO that if he's healthy, in top shape, and has worked on his shot in the offseason. He'll be the best PG we've had (in their prime) in decades. If you dont agree I got a Charleston Chew for ya buddy!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/26/2019  11:57 AM
the art of checking out while checking in

1st game of the season this year when i was rooting for the L my girlfriend said, "marv we're already playing for next year??" (she knows it gets me hot when she calls me marv).

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2019  11:57 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:you just start checking out. I had Yankee season tickets for almost 15 years. When they got away from what made them good I just started checking out. Elsbury's contract was my line. I just stopped watched and spent the time doing other things. Stinky Knicks I will follow because of the young guys. Knox was whatever. Frank and DSjr were disappointments. Dotson and Trier look great and Mitch has laid the foundation to break out. NYC's Ben Wallace. That being said you still detach a bit... at least I do. Teams like this rarely have a ton of keepers, but I def got emotionally vested in bid Mitch this season and can only dream of a line up with Mitch and Dotson playing D next to KD/Kyrie. Fingers crossed. We can dream, but I do believe we have finally gone about this the right way.

DSjr's first game as a Knick was better than any game Frank had as a Knick, before or since then. DSjr put up those numbers with a bad back, and only knowing one teammate. I expect better things next season, if Smith jr is still here. Expect a better conditioned player, and a better floor general, without the starting lineup changing by the game. Believe some of you expected too much, too soon of Smith jr, under the circumstances.

I pretty much stopped watching the Yankees during the A-Rod era. Wish we could erase it from history. Wasnt just the juicing, it was what the way he went after his critics. Not going to look back nostalgically on that era. Still not watching like I used to. Remember seeing the old Yankee Stadium before the 70s renovation. Harder to remember as I get older. Things are looking better these days though. A new era.

There was so much turmoil this season it was like watching a basketball game break out at a car wreck. Agree that Mitch was the biggest positive this season. Knox turning the corner at the end, attacking from different angles, not just the top of the key, sharing the rock more, was also a positive development.

Kadeem Allen and Trier showed they can be good two-way bench players. DSJr showed IMO that if he's healthy, in top shape, and has worked on his shot in the offseason. He'll be the best PG we've had (in their prime) in decades. If you dont agree I got a Charleston Chew for ya buddy!

I hope you are right about DSjr. But his concerns were less physical and more being able to stay on the court and play high IQ basketball, the two things he totally failed to do. I like the young guys as a group, despite not being impressed with any of them individually. I think we have done a good job building up a youthful base and if we are able to sign two veteran stars that will be a nice base of role players to start.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/26/2019  12:53 PM
My line in the sand has been crossed. But since it was in the sand I just drew another then another. masochist I guess

FO gets credit for draft;

but their plan to revitalize Mud Mario Vonleh DSJ Ellenson made no sense from day one -- reflects hubris to me in thinking they could do what others hadn't; foolish in that even if they were right they did nothing to reap any reward from the effort and opportunity afforded

Like the rest of us hoping for draft and FA rewards. My fear is KP comes back better than ever (with a real coach), Dallas does great and our picks from the trade turn to middling assets

It's darkest before the dawn!
On the other hand, there's the adage that you need to reach a new low on your path to another new low (we could be going from bad to worse)

(5)(5)
My line in the sand

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy