[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Most likely Free Agent to be signed


Author Poll
Panos
Posts: 7218
Joined: 1/6/2004
Member: #520
In spite of all the propaganda, I'll be the house KD doesn't come to NYK this summer. I don't think he could handle the pressure.
Please vote not on who you want to come, but most realistic to come. Feel free to with your most likely pair of free agents.
Kevin Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker
Demarcus Cousins
Nikola Vucavic
Jimmy Butler
Tobias Harris
Khris Middleton
Eric Bledsoe
Julius Randle
D Russel
Al Horford
View Results


Author Thread
Vmart
Posts: 31149
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
4/25/2019  5:00 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.

Everyone wants to win. But he already did the easy championship ride thing. I think he's finding out that while he's getting his hardware, the opinion of his legacy isn't changing. What would change his legacy is winning in NY, championship or not. Not everything is championship or bust. Lillard is a great example of that. Durant having his 2 titles already gives him that freedom to do his own thing. The bar has been set really low in NY. He can have a huge impact.

NY is known to destroy legacies. This is a double edge sword for KD. A big fat I told you so moment if he doesn’t win a championship. You have to give KD a better reason to be a Knick. What do the Knicks have that says to KD you have a shot at the title next year. You have players that are 3-4 year away from contributing at a decent rate. Kyrie reason enough to think you have a shot? Not really you have to have at least 4-5 consistent contributors to make any kind of decent run. Or another star player to add to the mix.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see KD as a Knick but from his perspective I don’t see enough of a compelling reason to even entertain the Knicks.

really? who's legacy did NY destroy? You dont see enough of a compelling reason to even entertain the Knicks because you dont look, dont listen and no matter where it comes from wont believe. All these GMs, writers and players are saying the same thing. You have your fingers in your ears going LALALALALALALAAAAA not good enough for Vmart

Why are you counting you chickens before they hatch. Weigh the options, I get it your fan of the Knicks. And want it to be but until the man himself comes out and says it and signs the dotted line. You can’t be so giddy about this. Call me salty or what you will. The angle is still is it a smart decision. As of now the Knicks are not a smart decision for a player that wants to make an immediate impact on winning titles.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Posts: 31149
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
4/25/2019  5:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.
when my sandwhich needs salt Ill call you!

KD may change his mind but this is the perfect destination for him and I believe we have not only a shot but are the favorite destination for him to sign

Perfect for KD or for you?

for KD. If you were anything but salty you would know there is a reason NYK is the favored destination and why literally everyone allowed to is saying he's going to NYK. Even his own GM and coach know he's gone and are "just focused on winning this year"

Who told you Durant? If you were a basketball player of KD quality and had destination that were better suited to winning would you turn those destinations down? If so why?

Which destination offers the NYK fanbase, a city like NY that will love him and he'll be the face of the franchise, a location next door to his business and happens to the be favored franchise of his father and agent. He gets team building input, max money, goes to the weaker conference, likely has a running mate in Kyrie or another max, there will be a top 5 pick, Robinson is slot blocking phenom, and he's got ties to guys on the team and coaching staff.

Oh.. and players around the league, GM, and execs all say he's going to the Knicks.

But yea... stay in your Vmart knows bubble and pretend he would rather go to the Lakers or Clippers (when btw he just sold his Malibu home)

How about being close and being a Net.

fishmike
Posts: 49174
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/25/2019  5:09 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.

Everyone wants to win. But he already did the easy championship ride thing. I think he's finding out that while he's getting his hardware, the opinion of his legacy isn't changing. What would change his legacy is winning in NY, championship or not. Not everything is championship or bust. Lillard is a great example of that. Durant having his 2 titles already gives him that freedom to do his own thing. The bar has been set really low in NY. He can have a huge impact.

NY is known to destroy legacies. This is a double edge sword for KD. A big fat I told you so moment if he doesn’t win a championship. You have to give KD a better reason to be a Knick. What do the Knicks have that says to KD you have a shot at the title next year. You have players that are 3-4 year away from contributing at a decent rate. Kyrie reason enough to think you have a shot? Not really you have to have at least 4-5 consistent contributors to make any kind of decent run. Or another star player to add to the mix.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see KD as a Knick but from his perspective I don’t see enough of a compelling reason to even entertain the Knicks.

really? who's legacy did NY destroy? You dont see enough of a compelling reason to even entertain the Knicks because you dont look, dont listen and no matter where it comes from wont believe. All these GMs, writers and players are saying the same thing. You have your fingers in your ears going LALALALALALALAAAAA not good enough for Vmart

Why are you counting you chickens before they hatch. Weigh the options, I get it your fan of the Knicks. And want it to be but until the man himself comes out and says it and signs the dotted line. You can’t be so giddy about this. Call me salty or what you will. The angle is still is it a smart decision. As of now the Knicks are not a smart decision for a player that wants to make an immediate impact on winning titles.

Im not counting chickens... but now you are talking about something else. I am saying that KD to the Knicks has substance. You are saying it doesnt. You are simply wrong. Google "durant to knicks" and scroll through 3 pages of writers quoting execs, players and GMs saying its happening. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesnt, but stop asking WHY because its a stupid ignorant question when the WHY has been discussed ad nauseam and not by me, but by others more in the know than either of us.
fishmike
Posts: 49174
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/25/2019  5:09 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.
when my sandwhich needs salt Ill call you!

KD may change his mind but this is the perfect destination for him and I believe we have not only a shot but are the favorite destination for him to sign

Perfect for KD or for you?

for KD. If you were anything but salty you would know there is a reason NYK is the favored destination and why literally everyone allowed to is saying he's going to NYK. Even his own GM and coach know he's gone and are "just focused on winning this year"

Who told you Durant? If you were a basketball player of KD quality and had destination that were better suited to winning would you turn those destinations down? If so why?

Which destination offers the NYK fanbase, a city like NY that will love him and he'll be the face of the franchise, a location next door to his business and happens to the be favored franchise of his father and agent. He gets team building input, max money, goes to the weaker conference, likely has a running mate in Kyrie or another max, there will be a top 5 pick, Robinson is slot blocking phenom, and he's got ties to guys on the team and coaching staff.

Oh.. and players around the league, GM, and execs all say he's going to the Knicks.

But yea... stay in your Vmart knows bubble and pretend he would rather go to the Lakers or Clippers (when btw he just sold his Malibu home)

How about being close and being a Net.

how about you go buy a piece of candy and eat it
Nalod
Posts: 57723
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2019  5:24 PM
Look at a map.
Where nets play. Where they practice. Look how close its to Manhattan. LOok were Westchester is.
Teams play 41 home games and some of them they leave the arena for a road trip. If you want to live in the city, Nets offer a more visceral experience.
"What have they won"? what have the knicks won? You think Durant/kyrie are about what we did 50 years ago? they will make a difference.
"Winning is everything and don't let anyone tell you otherwise".....
Vmart, you don't know whats in these guys heads. Contending is important.......
"The timeline is not right".....The time line of the roster can and will change.....
"only if Zion".........We'll know that in a few weeks before free agency.
Fishmike knows the odds are not stacked for Durant. There are no certainties. The chatter is substantial. Vmart cannot with authority claim to know anymore than anyone else so your likely correct, but fishmike is correct to say there is a stack of evidence that points our way. And the first thing you have to have is space or "Opportunity". The cards, stars, or Moons have not been this way for us.

Nalod saying don't count out the Nets because if Durant is not sold on our vision the nets just made the playoffs and have a young star guard he can play with.
Im not saying that's how it goes, but it could. Fishmike not saying Durant is done, but it could. Vmart saying no way. It could. Nobody knows.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
Vmart
Posts: 31149
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
4/25/2019  5:47 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.
when my sandwhich needs salt Ill call you!

KD may change his mind but this is the perfect destination for him and I believe we have not only a shot but are the favorite destination for him to sign

Perfect for KD or for you?

for KD. If you were anything but salty you would know there is a reason NYK is the favored destination and why literally everyone allowed to is saying he's going to NYK. Even his own GM and coach know he's gone and are "just focused on winning this year"

Who told you Durant? If you were a basketball player of KD quality and had destination that were better suited to winning would you turn those destinations down? If so why?

Which destination offers the NYK fanbase, a city like NY that will love him and he'll be the face of the franchise, a location next door to his business and happens to the be favored franchise of his father and agent. He gets team building input, max money, goes to the weaker conference, likely has a running mate in Kyrie or another max, there will be a top 5 pick, Robinson is slot blocking phenom, and he's got ties to guys on the team and coaching staff.

Oh.. and players around the league, GM, and execs all say he's going to the Knicks.

But yea... stay in your Vmart knows bubble and pretend he would rather go to the Lakers or Clippers (when btw he just sold his Malibu home)

How about being close and being a Net.

how about you go buy a piece of candy and eat it

I suggest you do the same. Good luck try not to choke on it.

GustavBahler
Posts: 35927
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/25/2019  6:18 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.

Everyone wants to win. But he already did the easy championship ride thing. I think he's finding out that while he's getting his hardware, the opinion of his legacy isn't changing. What would change his legacy is winning in NY, championship or not. Not everything is championship or bust. Lillard is a great example of that. Durant having his 2 titles already gives him that freedom to do his own thing. The bar has been set really low in NY. He can have a huge impact.

NY is known to destroy legacies. This is a double edge sword for KD. A big fat I told you so moment if he doesn’t win a championship. You have to give KD a better reason to be a Knick. What do the Knicks have that says to KD you have a shot at the title next year. You have players that are 3-4 year away from contributing at a decent rate. Kyrie reason enough to think you have a shot? Not really you have to have at least 4-5 consistent contributors to make any kind of decent run. Or another star player to add to the mix.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see KD as a Knick but from his perspective I don’t see enough of a compelling reason to even entertain the Knicks.

really? who's legacy did NY destroy? You dont see enough of a compelling reason to even entertain the Knicks because you dont look, dont listen and no matter where it comes from wont believe. All these GMs, writers and players are saying the same thing. You have your fingers in your ears going LALALALALALALAAAAA not good enough for Vmart

Why are you counting you chickens before they hatch. Weigh the options, I get it your fan of the Knicks. And want it to be but until the man himself comes out and says it and signs the dotted line. You can’t be so giddy about this. Call me salty or what you will. The angle is still is it a smart decision. As of now the Knicks are not a smart decision for a player that wants to make an immediate impact on winning titles.

Im not counting chickens... but now you are talking about something else. I am saying that KD to the Knicks has substance. You are saying it doesnt. You are simply wrong. Google "durant to knicks" and scroll through 3 pages of writers quoting execs, players and GMs saying its happening. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesnt, but stop asking WHY because its a stupid ignorant question when the WHY has been discussed ad nauseam and not by me, but by others more in the know than either of us.

Forgot who on ESPN said it (might have been Jalen Rose) that these big FAs dont know what they will do until the offseason. Anything can happen with their respective teams between now and this summer. Makes sense.

GustavBahler
Posts: 35927
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/25/2019  6:20 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.
when my sandwhich needs salt Ill call you!

KD may change his mind but this is the perfect destination for him and I believe we have not only a shot but are the favorite destination for him to sign

Perfect for KD or for you?

for KD. If you were anything but salty you would know there is a reason NYK is the favored destination and why literally everyone allowed to is saying he's going to NYK. Even his own GM and coach know he's gone and are "just focused on winning this year"

Who told you Durant? If you were a basketball player of KD quality and had destination that were better suited to winning would you turn those destinations down? If so why?

Which destination offers the NYK fanbase, a city like NY that will love him and he'll be the face of the franchise, a location next door to his business and happens to the be favored franchise of his father and agent. He gets team building input, max money, goes to the weaker conference, likely has a running mate in Kyrie or another max, there will be a top 5 pick, Robinson is slot blocking phenom, and he's got ties to guys on the team and coaching staff.

Oh.. and players around the league, GM, and execs all say he's going to the Knicks.

But yea... stay in your Vmart knows bubble and pretend he would rather go to the Lakers or Clippers (when btw he just sold his Malibu home)

How about being close and being a Net.

how about you go buy a piece of candy and eat it

I miss the Reggie Bar..

CrushAlot
Posts: 58632
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
4/25/2019  6:23 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.
when my sandwhich needs salt Ill call you!

KD may change his mind but this is the perfect destination for him and I believe we have not only a shot but are the favorite destination for him to sign

Perfect for KD or for you?

for KD. If you were anything but salty you would know there is a reason NYK is the favored destination and why literally everyone allowed to is saying he's going to NYK. Even his own GM and coach know he's gone and are "just focused on winning this year"

Who told you Durant? If you were a basketball player of KD quality and had destination that were better suited to winning would you turn those destinations down? If so why?

Which destination offers the NYK fanbase, a city like NY that will love him and he'll be the face of the franchise, a location next door to his business and happens to the be favored franchise of his father and agent. He gets team building input, max money, goes to the weaker conference, likely has a running mate in Kyrie or another max, there will be a top 5 pick, Robinson is slot blocking phenom, and he's got ties to guys on the team and coaching staff.

Oh.. and players around the league, GM, and execs all say he's going to the Knicks.

But yea... stay in your Vmart knows bubble and pretend he would rather go to the Lakers or Clippers (when btw he just sold his Malibu home)

How about being close and being a Net.


No chance. Are you serious or just trying to be provocative?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Posts: 49174
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2019  9:52 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.
when my sandwhich needs salt Ill call you!

KD may change his mind but this is the perfect destination for him and I believe we have not only a shot but are the favorite destination for him to sign

Perfect for KD or for you?

for KD. If you were anything but salty you would know there is a reason NYK is the favored destination and why literally everyone allowed to is saying he's going to NYK. Even his own GM and coach know he's gone and are "just focused on winning this year"

Who told you Durant? If you were a basketball player of KD quality and had destination that were better suited to winning would you turn those destinations down? If so why?

Which destination offers the NYK fanbase, a city like NY that will love him and he'll be the face of the franchise, a location next door to his business and happens to the be favored franchise of his father and agent. He gets team building input, max money, goes to the weaker conference, likely has a running mate in Kyrie or another max, there will be a top 5 pick, Robinson is slot blocking phenom, and he's got ties to guys on the team and coaching staff.

Oh.. and players around the league, GM, and execs all say he's going to the Knicks.

But yea... stay in your Vmart knows bubble and pretend he would rather go to the Lakers or Clippers (when btw he just sold his Malibu home)

How about being close and being a Net.


No chance. Are you serious or just trying to be provocative?

@IanBegley reports “several of Durant’s current teammates have told friends they think [he is going to the Knicks]” “Opposing agents believe it's a fait accompli: ‘Just a matter of putting pen to paper,’ is how one agent of another top 2019 FA put it”

Another guy who Vmart needs to have a chat with. Its like these people just dont get it.

Crush.. its not really provocative

Vmart you really want me to choke? Geeze... your total loss of hope and reality has put you in a salty place you dont need to be. Have a nice day

Panos
Posts: 27218
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/6/2004
Member: #520
4/27/2019  5:08 PM
So 55% of UK respondents believe KD coming to NYK.
We'll see, Charlie Brown!
Kemet
Posts: 20989
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

4/28/2019  12:35 AM
The only way I see Durant signing on to the Knicks, if the Knicks get the first pick in the draft .. ZION !!!

Kemba nor Kyrie has ever showed to be a complimentary-guard at the point! So their performance would be a waste on a Knick team in much need of an experience veteran combo-guard to lead the guard rotation (Klay Thompson or Patrick Beverley) !!!

smackeddog
Posts: 34170
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
4/28/2019  12:31 PM
Draft lottery is more important than free agency, let's get that out of the way first
Panos
Posts: 27218
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/6/2004
Member: #520
4/29/2019  1:39 PM
smackeddog wrote:Draft lottery is more important than free agency, let's get that out of the way first

There already exists a Draft thread. This is the free agent thread.

GustavBahler
Posts: 35927
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/29/2019  1:58 PM
Panos wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Draft lottery is more important than free agency, let's get that out of the way first

There already exists a Draft thread. This is the free agent thread.

We get Zion, all tank/draft mania for this season is in the past. We get the 5th pick, the word "tank" should be added to the swear filter.

HofstraBBall
Posts: 23218
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

4/30/2019  12:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/30/2019  12:24 PM
Kemet wrote:The only way I see Durant signing on to the Knicks, if the Knicks get the first pick in the draft .. ZION !!!

Kemba nor Kyrie has ever showed to be a complimentary-guard at the point! So their performance would be a waste on a Knick team in much need of an experience veteran combo-guard to lead the guard rotation (Klay Thompson or Patrick Beverley) !!!

Disagree. Think KD has other reasons for coming. And as far as draft pick needed, think top 4 would be good enough and help the young core. Think many are sleeping on Barrett. Think he will make lots of noise his first year and will have a good career. Also disagree about KI. He was a great complimentary piece to LBJ in Cleveland. Do agree that it will take another FA and more than the current cast of "Tank" stars.

As for thread question. I'm hoping we sign KD, Irving and trade for Davis. Think thats a long shot so if not then rather stay away from the second tier max guys and just stay the course with the youngins. Would be okay with just one step forward and not another step back. The KP thing was definitely a step back.

Mills, the puppet master, Selling 2019. (Edited) 2021
arkrud
Posts: 31692
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
5/1/2019  10:14 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Kemet wrote:The only way I see Durant signing on to the Knicks, if the Knicks get the first pick in the draft .. ZION !!!

Kemba nor Kyrie has ever showed to be a complimentary-guard at the point! So their performance would be a waste on a Knick team in much need of an experience veteran combo-guard to lead the guard rotation (Klay Thompson or Patrick Beverley) !!!

Disagree. Think KD has other reasons for coming. And as far as draft pick needed, think top 4 would be good enough and help the young core. Think many are sleeping on Barrett. Think he will make lots of noise his first year and will have a good career. Also disagree about KI. He was a great complimentary piece to LBJ in Cleveland. Do agree that it will take another FA and more than the current cast of "Tank" stars.

As for thread question. I'm hoping we sign KD, Irving and trade for Davis. Think thats a long shot so if not then rather stay away from the second tier max guys and just stay the course with the youngins. Would be okay with just one step forward and not another step back. The KP thing was definitely a step back.

The only way to get AD is to get lucky in drafting Zion and do draft day trade using him which may became the biggest NBA blunder of all times.
As we do not have Isiah or Phil running the show this is unlikely. Our FO does not look like a group of suicidal maniacs.
KI is a huge durability risk by himself to add more to the team in AD.
Also having 3 max contracts is one-two year wonder with no sustainable future success.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler
Posts: 35927
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

5/5/2019  11:28 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2019/05/05/new-yorks-pitch-to-free-agents-were-not-the-same-old-knicks/amp/


Positive article on how the perception of the Knicks as a franchise is changing.

fwk00
Posts: 21131
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/20/2015
Member: #6048

5/5/2019  1:31 PM
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Kemet wrote:The only way I see Durant signing on to the Knicks, if the Knicks get the first pick in the draft .. ZION !!!

Kemba nor Kyrie has ever showed to be a complimentary-guard at the point! So their performance would be a waste on a Knick team in much need of an experience veteran combo-guard to lead the guard rotation (Klay Thompson or Patrick Beverley) !!!

Disagree. Think KD has other reasons for coming. And as far as draft pick needed, think top 4 would be good enough and help the young core. Think many are sleeping on Barrett. Think he will make lots of noise his first year and will have a good career. Also disagree about KI. He was a great complimentary piece to LBJ in Cleveland. Do agree that it will take another FA and more than the current cast of "Tank" stars.

As for thread question. I'm hoping we sign KD, Irving and trade for Davis. Think thats a long shot so if not then rather stay away from the second tier max guys and just stay the course with the youngins. Would be okay with just one step forward and not another step back. The KP thing was definitely a step back.

The only way to get AD is to get lucky in drafting Zion and do draft day trade using him which may became the biggest NBA blunder of all times.
As we do not have Isiah or Phil running the show this is unlikely. Our FO does not look like a group of suicidal maniacs.
KI is a huge durability risk by himself to add more to the team in AD.
Also having 3 max contracts is one-two year wonder with no sustainable future success.

This may be the most unpredictable of all the scenarios to triangulate. What is the tipping point that gives the Pelicans an incentive to say to the Knicks, "We have a deal!"

Mitchell Robinson is the bargain player who almost certainly would be requested as would Zion or the not-Zion possibilities 2-5, a future first... a player or two?

I don't know. Adding AD to whomever we sign [assuming Durant, Kuhai (nobody else moves the needle)] instantly makes the Knicks contenders. I think you HAVE TO work that deal. And it is a win now, all the chips on the table kind of summer if it goes down that way.

Sticking with youngsters is a romantic notion that I subscribe to but its not necessarily going to pay off soon. I remember Pitino's Boston years when they had some nice young talent that just couldn't win. Even this year's Boston team is a lesson to that point. Great coach, young talent, some star-ish players but not looking that good.

I think the inertia to start winning will guide the decision making process. To that end I think one max signing and an AD type blockbuster trade is what to look for. Two stars and a casting call for vets looking for historical glory. A few of the youth will stick around but its going to look like a new dawn.

arkrud
Posts: 31692
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
5/5/2019  1:55 PM
fwk00 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Kemet wrote:The only way I see Durant signing on to the Knicks, if the Knicks get the first pick in the draft .. ZION !!!

Kemba nor Kyrie has ever showed to be a complimentary-guard at the point! So their performance would be a waste on a Knick team in much need of an experience veteran combo-guard to lead the guard rotation (Klay Thompson or Patrick Beverley) !!!

Disagree. Think KD has other reasons for coming. And as far as draft pick needed, think top 4 would be good enough and help the young core. Think many are sleeping on Barrett. Think he will make lots of noise his first year and will have a good career. Also disagree about KI. He was a great complimentary piece to LBJ in Cleveland. Do agree that it will take another FA and more than the current cast of "Tank" stars.

As for thread question. I'm hoping we sign KD, Irving and trade for Davis. Think thats a long shot so if not then rather stay away from the second tier max guys and just stay the course with the youngins. Would be okay with just one step forward and not another step back. The KP thing was definitely a step back.

The only way to get AD is to get lucky in drafting Zion and do draft day trade using him which may became the biggest NBA blunder of all times.
As we do not have Isiah or Phil running the show this is unlikely. Our FO does not look like a group of suicidal maniacs.
KI is a huge durability risk by himself to add more to the team in AD.
Also having 3 max contracts is one-two year wonder with no sustainable future success.

This may be the most unpredictable of all the scenarios to triangulate. What is the tipping point that gives the Pelicans an incentive to say to the Knicks, "We have a deal!"

Mitchell Robinson is the bargain player who almost certainly would be requested as would Zion or the not-Zion possibilities 2-5, a future first... a player or two?

I don't know. Adding AD to whomever we sign [assuming Durant, Kuhai (nobody else moves the needle)] instantly makes the Knicks contenders. I think you HAVE TO work that deal. And it is a win now, all the chips on the table kind of summer if it goes down that way.

Sticking with youngsters is a romantic notion that I subscribe to but its not necessarily going to pay off soon. I remember Pitino's Boston years when they had some nice young talent that just couldn't win. Even this year's Boston team is a lesson to that point. Great coach, young talent, some star-ish players but not looking that good.

I think the inertia to start winning will guide the decision making process. To that end I think one max signing and an AD type blockbuster trade is what to look for. Two stars and a casting call for vets looking for historical glory. A few of the youth will stick around but its going to look like a new dawn.

GS were in need for KD because they saw the conference getting stronger by day and their own inability to obtain depth due to the cap implications.
Having 4-all-NBA stars was almost a guaranty to win multiple chips and build a dynasty.
And KD camp knew that he is joining established winning core, system, coaching stuff, and what not.
Knicks have just a lose framework for future success and proved nothing but being worth team in NBA.
3 all-NBA stars which never played with each other and a couple of prospects will not accomplish anything but frustration and dysfunction.
This is win-now move which not gonna win anything.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Most likely Free Agent to be signed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.