[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Most likely Free Agent to be signed

Author Poll
Panos
Member: #520
In spite of all the propaganda, I'll be the house KD doesn't come to NYK this summer. I don't think he could handle the pressure.
Please vote not on who you want to come, but most realistic to come. Feel free to with your most likely pair of free agents.
Kevin Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker
Demarcus Cousins
Nikola Vucavic
Jimmy Butler
Tobias Harris
Khris Middleton
Eric Bledsoe
Julius Randle
D Russel
Al Horford
View Results

Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2019  8:45 AM
Vmart wrote:Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.
when my sandwhich needs salt Ill call you!

KD may change his mind but this is the perfect destination for him and I believe we have not only a shot but are the favorite destination for him to sign

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/24/2019  9:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2019  9:09 AM

Everyone wants to win. But he already did the easy championship ride thing. I think he's finding out that while he's getting his hardware, the opinion of his legacy isn't changing. What would change his legacy is winning in NY, championship or not. Not everything is championship or bust. Lillard is a great example of that. Durant having his 2 titles already gives him that freedom to do his own thing. The bar has been set really low in NY. He can have a huge impact.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2019  10:18 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Everyone wants to win. But he already did the easy championship ride thing. I think he's finding out that while he's getting his hardware, the opinion of his legacy isn't changing. What would change his legacy is winning in NY, championship or not. Not everything is championship or bust. Lillard is a great example of that. Durant having his 2 titles already gives him that freedom to do his own thing. The bar has been set really low in NY. He can have a huge impact.

Assuming GSW wins, and he has three rings and maybe 3 series MVP's, its kind of a pretty solid legacy. He was the MVP of that team.
Does he or even LeBron at this stage of their careers really look at their legacy ones the net worth is in the hundreds of millions, MVP's on the shelf and three fingers of rings? Im sure their perspectives change as they mature. It does for everyone. If there is a need for more chips, he'll pursue the best ave for that. Staying put would be the most statistically best chance if Klay returns. That's easy.
Lebron in my mind choose to lifestyle in conjunction to his perception to win. I doubt he really thought they would contend this year. Making the playoffs would be a great goal, maybe go a round. Seems unlikely but we are not in his head.
Same for Durant. He is also entitled and expected to change his perceptions and grow as a person in time. His legacy is set. To do it in NYC? Only if he perceives it to be special. Second question I dare say is "which team in NYC?" I hope he wants a knick legacy.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/24/2019  10:45 AM
no offense but i cannot imagine ANYONE wanting to make their legacy playing for the brooklyn nets.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/24/2019  11:17 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Assuming GSW wins, and he has three rings and maybe 3 series MVP's, its kind of a pretty solid legacy. He was the MVP of that team.
Does he or even LeBron at this stage of their careers really look at their legacy ones the net worth is in the hundreds of millions, MVP's on the shelf and three fingers of rings? Im sure their perspectives change as they mature. It does for everyone. If there is a need for more chips, he'll pursue the best ave for that. Staying put would be the most statistically best chance if Klay returns. That's easy.
Lebron in my mind choose to lifestyle in conjunction to his perception to win. I doubt he really thought they would contend this year. Making the playoffs would be a great goal, maybe go a round. Seems unlikely but we are not in his head.
Same for Durant. He is also entitled and expected to change his perceptions and grow as a person in time. His legacy is set. To do it in NYC? Only if he perceives it to be special. Second question I dare say is "which team in NYC?" I hope he wants a knick legacy.

He can win all the titles in GS, but the perception is still that he jumped on the bandwagon. At some point one of these great players has to say "where will winning matter the most?" and "where can I get the most credit for elevating a franchise?" The knicks are the obvious answer.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/24/2019  11:26 AM
franco12 wrote:I voted Butler because he fits the Amar'e model of an over the hill, too many miles and not franchise talent to max out for a Knick Franchise that always seems to miss out.

If we strike out - Horford would be a nice vet signing - nothing at max dollars, though.

Harford..you gotta be kidding me..lol

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/24/2019  11:31 AM
I can see Durant and Irving staying put, especially if Boston goes to at least the ECF and if the Warriors win the whole thing again. If the Warriors win again, I can see Durant taking the extra money while trying to make the Warriors even more historic. Irving won’t come alone.

I can see Walker coming.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/24/2019  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2019  9:17 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
4/24/2019  2:39 PM
Marv wrote:no offense but i cannot imagine ANYONE wanting to make their legacy playing for the brooklyn nets.

None taken!!! On the surface both teams have compelling stories.
Your a knick fan. I understand where your coming from. Understand there are Knick fans and far fewer Net fans but first team to win a chip will capture a lot of new fans. I am dyed in the woolknick fan because of 1969-1974 era. I have explained I was an ABA net fan at the same time. Nets post ABA never resonated with me past 1976. In the Kidd era I wanted them to win, but was not like rooting for knicks. Not even close.
But, don't be naïve that a championship run will grab gobs of fans and once on the bandwagon they might be there for life. Its how it works.
So you don't have to get it to understand the opportunity that exists. You just have to hope Durant does not see it.
If Russell is the real deal and the others, with their picks going forward and Durant they can be sneaky good.

Marv, I dont' hate them so I can be objective. That's all, just objective. Not preaching or selling a concept. Lets be real I'd rather the Knicks and Nets have a formable rivalry then one with the Wiz or others. Its more interesting.
Respect is earned. Nets have earned mine. Knicks are my team but with 17 wins they are not respected out side the fandom. That must be earned!!!!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/24/2019  3:41 PM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:no offense but i cannot imagine ANYONE wanting to make their legacy playing for the brooklyn nets.

Your a knick fan. I understand where your coming from. Understand there are Knick fans and far fewer Net fans but first team to win a chip will capture a lot of new fans. I am dyed in the woolknick fan because of 1969-1974 era. I have explained I was an ABA net fan at the same time. Nets post ABA never resonated with me past 1976. In the Kidd era I wanted them to win, but was not like rooting for knicks. Not even close.
But, don't be naïve that a championship run will grab gobs of fans and once on the bandwagon they might be there for life. Its how it works.
So you don't have to get it to understand the opportunity that exists. You just have to hope Durant does not see it.
If Russell is the real deal and the others, with their picks going forward and Durant they can be sneaky good.

Marv, I dont' hate them so I can be objective. That's all, just objective. Not preaching or selling a concept. Lets be real I'd rather the Knicks and Nets have a formable rivalry then one with the Wiz or others. Its more interesting.
Respect is earned. Nets have earned mine. Knicks are my team but with 17 wins they are not respected out side the fandom. That must be earned!!!!

Fandom is a beautiful thing!!

I loved the aba and my team was st louis. Marvin barnes, maurice lucas, gus gerard, fly williams, that team was INSANE and so much damn fun.

Have always hated the nba nets. Especially when they were crushing us during the kidd eera. I did end up really appreciating their game though and rooted for them hard against the west in the finals.

Have to say to me the nets in brooklyn are pathetic. When you see someone in that black and white cap you just kind of look down and shake your ahead cuz they're like a small town mom and pop operation around here. Ironically i was at their first home game in brooklyn, tho not through any fault of my own. I was holding tickets to their 2nd game with fish and dj against . . . you guessed it, the craptors. But their initial game, against the knicks, was cancelled because everything was still flooded out from sandy. So game 2 was their first game and the production was so rinky-dink it was tough to take. This is a big-ass opening in nyc, a major event, and there were exactly 2 celebs in attendance - and they were part owners (Jay Z and beyonce). i did root for them that night because, well they were playing the craptors and i was with dj and i know you know how that goes.

So anyway i'm 100% biased in my reactions to them. Objectively they have a lot to be proud of putting this year together, especially in coming back from the garnett/pierce debacle. But would they be a draw for a free agent? On anything even close to a par with the knicks? Cannot see it at all. If they started to really win, could that change? Maybe, but again they are not responded to here in anything like how the knicks are. Just my take and it's hard to shake.

Nalod
USA
4/24/2019  8:38 PM
Marv wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Fandom is a beautiful thing!!

I loved the aba and my team was st louis. Marvin barnes, maurice lucas, gus gerard, fly williams, that team was INSANE and so much damn fun.

Have always hated the nba nets. Especially when they were crushing us during the kidd eera. I did end up really appreciating their game though and rooted for them hard against the west in the finals.

Have to say to me the nets in brooklyn are pathetic. When you see someone in that black and white cap you just kind of look down and shake your ahead cuz they're like a small town mom and pop operation around here. Ironically i was at their first home game in brooklyn, tho not through any fault of my own. I was holding tickets to their 2nd game with fish and dj against . . . you guessed it, the craptors. But their initial game, against the knicks, was cancelled because everything was still flooded out from sandy. So game 2 was their first game and the production was so rinky-dink it was tough to take. This is a big-ass opening in nyc, a major event, and there were exactly 2 celebs in attendance - and they were part owners (Jay Z and beyonce). i did root for them that night because, well they were playing the craptors and i was with dj and i know you know how that goes.

So anyway i'm 100% biased in my reactions to them. Objectively they have a lot to be proud of putting this year together, especially in coming back from the garnett/pierce debacle. But would they be a draw for a free agent? On anything even close to a par with the knicks? Cannot see it at all. If they started to really win, could that change? Maybe, but again they are not responded to here in anything like how the knicks are. Just my take and it's hard to shake.

Sprit of St. Louis was a great name for a team!
They were great fun. Barnes was a legit talent. Good take. Knicks are broadway and Nets are refugees from the Swamp. Should have renamed them. Nets are a soft name. I was hoping the Knights or the Renaissance or “RENs” in retro to the Harlem team. Didn’t Moses Malone play there too? The story they got a share of TV revenue instead of payment was incredible!
Nalod
USA
4/25/2019  8:14 AM
Berman must be on the UK:
https://nypost.com/2019/04/25/knicks-biggest-threat-for-signing-kevin-durant-could-be-nets/
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/25/2019  2:15 PM
fishmike wrote:

KD may change his mind but this is the perfect destination for him and I believe we have not only a shot but are the favorite destination for him to sign

Perfect for KD or for you?

fishmike
USA
4/25/2019  3:36 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

for KD. If you were anything but salty you would know there is a reason NYK is the favored destination and why literally everyone allowed to is saying he's going to NYK. Even his own GM and coach know he's gone and are "just focused on winning this year"
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
4/25/2019  3:36 PM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Don't you dare, the New Jersey Nets need to win in Brooklyn before they can become a NYC team

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Vmart
USA
4/25/2019  4:32 PM
Knixkik wrote:

NY is known to destroy legacies. This is a double edge sword for KD. A big fat I told you so moment if he doesn’t win a championship. You have to give KD a better reason to be a Knick. What do the Knicks have that says to KD you have a shot at the title next year. You have players that are 3-4 year away from contributing at a decent rate. Kyrie reason enough to think you have a shot? Not really you have to have at least 4-5 consistent contributors to make any kind of decent run. Or another star player to add to the mix.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see KD as a Knick but from his perspective I don’t see enough of a compelling reason to even entertain the Knicks.

Vmart
USA
4/25/2019  4:34 PM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

So basically KD would be coming to the Knicks to collect a check just like many other before him. Winning is important to KD that is why he will not choose the Knicks.

fishmike
USA
4/25/2019  4:47 PM
Vmart wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

NY is known to destroy legacies. This is a double edge sword for KD. A big fat I told you so moment if he doesn’t win a championship. You have to give KD a better reason to be a Knick. What do the Knicks have that says to KD you have a shot at the title next year. You have players that are 3-4 year away from contributing at a decent rate. Kyrie reason enough to think you have a shot? Not really you have to have at least 4-5 consistent contributors to make any kind of decent run. Or another star player to add to the mix.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see KD as a Knick but from his perspective I don’t see enough of a compelling reason to even entertain the Knicks.

really? who's legacy did NY destroy? You dont see enough of a compelling reason to even entertain the Knicks because you dont look, dont listen and no matter where it comes from wont believe. All these GMs, writers and players are saying the same thing. You have your fingers in your ears going LALALALALALALAAAAA not good enough for Vmart
Vmart
USA
4/25/2019  4:50 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

for KD. If you were anything but salty you would know there is a reason NYK is the favored destination and why literally everyone allowed to is saying he's going to NYK. Even his own GM and coach know he's gone and are "just focused on winning this year"

Who told you Durant? If you were a basketball player of KD quality and had destination that were better suited to winning would you turn those destinations down? If so why?

fishmike
USA
4/25/2019  4:55 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Who told you Durant? If you were a basketball player of KD quality and had destination that were better suited to winning would you turn those destinations down? If so why?

Which destination offers the NYK fanbase, a city like NY that will love him and he'll be the face of the franchise, a location next door to his business and happens to the be favored franchise of his father and agent. He gets team building input, max money, goes to the weaker conference, likely has a running mate in Kyrie or another max, there will be a top 5 pick, Robinson is slot blocking phenom, and he's got ties to guys on the team and coaching staff.

Oh.. and players around the league, GM, and execs all say he's going to the Knicks.

But yea... stay in your Vmart knows bubble and pretend he would rather go to the Lakers or Clippers (when btw he just sold his Malibu home)

Most likely Free Agent to be signed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy