[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Most likely Free Agent to be signed

Author Poll
Panos
Member: #520
In spite of all the propaganda, I'll be the house KD doesn't come to NYK this summer. I don't think he could handle the pressure.
Please vote not on who you want to come, but most realistic to come. Feel free to with your most likely pair of free agents.
Kevin Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker
Demarcus Cousins
Nikola Vucavic
Jimmy Butler
Tobias Harris
Khris Middleton
Eric Bledsoe
Julius Randle
D Russel
Al Horford
View Results

Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
4/23/2019  4:35 PM
I myself could see a Kyrie + Butler offseason
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/23/2019  4:50 PM
wow. ****'s getting real.

i'm buying the hype. i think kd is the most realistic fa. and if i'm picking a pair i'll buy the kyrie hype as well.

i hope it's not butler. i don't want that guy anywhere around our younger guys.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/23/2019  4:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2019  4:58 PM
I voted Kemba... I just think it's fate. Man, he was great at MSG in college.

Honorable mention goes to Julius Randle. He meets our age range.

I know everyone is on the KD + Kyrie bandwagon but I won't fall for this again. I won't let Lucy pull away the football again

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks180nyc
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8733

4/23/2019  5:21 PM
i think kd is coming because i think all the moves the knicks have made have been about kd. they have a guy like allonzo trier who has talked about kd being like a big brother to him. scott perry was part of the team that drafted kd. royal ivey is a close friend of his. lastly, rich kleiman is his agent/business partner, a knick fan, and clearly has more say in durant's professional career than most others do.

Normally i wouldn't buy the hype, but this seems like a rebuild centered around durant with input from people close to durant. to be honest, i think porzingis would still be a knick if this wasn't in their plans, but i don't think they wanted any baggage from previous regimes. they wanted to clear the deck.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/23/2019  5:23 PM
Too bad we don't have a way to pick two because we got the space.

I too choose KD. Dude has matured and can handle the media. If he wants to. That I can't say.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/23/2019  5:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2019  5:48 PM
Durant wants to win. Even with Kyrie they are a long shot.
Panos
4/23/2019  6:43 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I know everyone is on the KD + Kyrie bandwagon but I won't fall for this again. I won't let Lucy pull away the football again

This

Panos
4/23/2019  6:44 PM
Do people think a Kyrie/Butler backcourt could work?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/23/2019  7:38 PM
knicks180nyc wrote:i think kd is coming because i think all the moves the knicks have made have been about kd. they have a guy like allonzo trier who has talked about kd being like a big brother to him. scott perry was part of the team that drafted kd. royal ivey is a close friend of his. lastly, rich kleiman is his agent/business partner, a knick fan, and clearly has more say in durant's professional career than most others do.

Normally i wouldn't buy the hype, but this seems like a rebuild centered around durant with input from people close to durant. to be honest, i think porzingis would still be a knick if this wasn't in their plans, but i don't think they wanted any baggage from previous regimes. they wanted to clear the deck.

This. I didn't think Lebron was coming but I was hopeful. This has been different. Lots of sources that are quick to be critical of the KNicks are reporting that they think KD to the Knicks is a done deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Marv
4/23/2019  8:14 PM
Panos wrote:Do people think a Kyrie/Butler backcourt could work?

why would u put any trust in butler? he’s not a franchise-killer to u? wait till philly gets eliminated and all the **** starts flying at the fan. mr. teflon always has his scapegoats lined up.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/23/2019  8:30 PM
Panos wrote:Do people think a Kyrie/Butler backcourt could work?

Depends on the definition of work. It would be a good team but probably not contenders.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/23/2019  8:33 PM
If GS doesnt threepeat, I could see more than just Durant heading for the exit. More of a chance if the Blazers upset them.

If they win, the chance to go for four might be too much to resist. Jordan, LeBron, cant claim that feat.

As mentioned earlier, Kyrie might bond with his teammates. Believe the odds are 50/50 for Kyrie/KD staying. Cant guess with any confidence about what will happen.

Then there is Zion. Who will affect free agency, and who goes, who stays.

So many variables. There are good choices regardless of how things shake out. Might win the draft, might get a top 3, might be at the top of some FAs list. If we whiff in free agency, a high pick could mean a homegrown star. Not necessarily Zion/KD or bust.

Panos
4/23/2019  9:38 PM
Interesting, this is a poll, but you can't see the choices on the mobile site. Martin? Andrew?
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/23/2019  9:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:If GS doesnt threepeat, I could see more than just Durant heading for the exit. More of a chance if the Blazers upset them.

If they win, the chance to go for four might be too much to resist. Jordan, LeBron, cant claim that feat.

This
If Warriors win, I see Durant signing a two year dear with a player option with them.

I see a Irving max deal and J.Randle for a little less than MAX. This seems more realistic, to me, and gives way for Zion Williamson (if we have the first pick) to slide into the SF position.

Marv
4/23/2019  9:59 PM
u guys are reading durant wrong. he is so ****ing sick of the *******s in golden state. he’s gonna give his all and then get the **** out of there.
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

4/23/2019  10:56 PM
Marv wrote:u guys are reading durant wrong. he is so ****ing sick of the *******s in golden state. he’s gonna give his all and then get the **** out of there.

people always talking about winning in golden state, but they forget you have to deal with the people there from september to june if you want to win a championship. that's a lot of time to be in situation you don't want to be in.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/24/2019  5:36 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/23/photos-warriors-star-kevin-durant-selling-oceanfront-malibu-home-for-13-495m/amp/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Member: #1883

4/24/2019  7:20 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks180nyc wrote:i think kd is coming because i think all the moves the knicks have made have been about kd. they have a guy like allonzo trier who has talked about kd being like a big brother to him. scott perry was part of the team that drafted kd. royal ivey is a close friend of his. lastly, rich kleiman is his agent/business partner, a knick fan, and clearly has more say in durant's professional career than most others do.

This. I didn't think Lebron was coming but I was hopeful. This has been different. Lots of sources that are quick to be critical of the KNicks are reporting that they think KD to the Knicks is a done deal.

KD to NY rumors are similar to LeBron to LA rumors last year....I want to believe KD is coming, but as a long suffering Knick and Jets fan, its difficult to get my hopes up.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2019  7:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2019  8:06 AM
That house is nice!! Dude is not just leaving the bay but his off season place?
I recall a few years ago he was hanging in the hamptons having meetings there. I know there was talk about Phil granted an audience with him but don't recall if it happened or it was just a courtesy call.
House for sale is a fairly public display. Given its in SO Cal might not have any meaning. Or it says it all?

Chasing 4 in a row would put him in rare company but we don't know what Durant is chasing. He has rings, has MVP's and will ascend the scoring list but we don't know what makes him tick. We also assume "winning" is a priority but "How" one wins after success is also important. He might feel stale in GS and wants a new challenge.
Might be in DC for all we know. Brooklyn is NYC too with a young allstar in place. With their practice facility on the river Nets can actually offer a more convenient NYC experience for players. Knicks have 41 games at MSG with the practice in Westchester.
We are knick fans and see things as we want. No doubt the knicks have a bigger fan base but after decades of misery there is a neutral base that could swing to the Nets if they were to gain contendership first. Durant could change the narrative very quickly. Nets have ability to trade off some cap and could open a second spot.
They are sneaky quiet those nets. Knicks are not.

I hope IM wrong.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/24/2019  8:10 AM
I voted Butler because he fits the Amar'e model of an over the hill, too many miles and not franchise talent to max out for a Knick Franchise that always seems to miss out.

If we strike out - Horford would be a nice vet signing - nothing at max dollars, though.

Most likely Free Agent to be signed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy