[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: revisiting Celtics gangster-ness
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/20/2019  8:28 PM
Trade a washed up Garnett and Pierce to NJ Nets for THREE first round picks and right to swap in 2017. 2017 ends up being the TOP pick in the draft. Celtics cold bloodedly trade the top pick for the third pick and STILL pick the best player in the top ten, and one of the two best players in the draft.
This is exactly the opposite of anything the Knicks ever manage to do.
The luck of the Irish.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/20/2019  10:29 PM
Hopefully things have changed: Traded Melo for 2nd round pick that became Mitch
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/20/2019  11:19 PM
Nets hiring Billy King was surprising. Wasnt really surprised with the outcome, however. Did some good things in Philly, not enough to leapfrog other candidates for the Nets gig, IMO.

Perry doesnt act like a tourist playing poker on a cruise ship, when making deals. Knicks arent getting played for a change. Perry/Mills dont have to take another team to the cleaners for a deal to be considered a success. Just has to make sense.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/21/2019  12:57 AM
martin wrote:Hopefully things have changed: Traded Melo for 2nd round pick that became Mitch
Making a trade for two first round picks, a young lottery pick on a rookie deal, and moving a ton of salary is a pretty good start. Creating cap space in the past involved moving lottery picks and future first rounders. If one of the picks the KNicks got is in the double draft that has to be getting close Ainge like.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/21/2019  11:06 AM
martin wrote:Hopefully things have changed: Traded Melo for 2nd round pick that became Mitch

Good point! Still not the level of gangsta of the OP

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/21/2019  11:55 AM
That Garnett and Pierce were ok with going to Nets was the key to the trade.
Have to go back to the moment and understand if they kicked up a bit the public backlash would have been harsh.
Ainge trades for Isiah Thomas and Jae Crowder at the time was massive! Ainge systematically did very well over time that added up.
Philly despite their misses still did well.
We are late to the process party but at least we have normalized to some degree. KP set us back some.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/21/2019  12:57 PM
Nalod wrote:That Garnett and Pierce were ok with going to Nets was the key to the trade.
Have to go back to the moment and understand if they kicked up a bit the public backlash would have been harsh.
Ainge trades for Isiah Thomas and Jae Crowder at the time was massive! Ainge systematically did very well over time that added up.
We are late to the process party but at least we have normalized to some degree. KP set us back some.

Depends on KP and his injury situation and how DSJr and DJ turn out long term, as well the draft picks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/21/2019  1:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2019  1:31 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:That Garnett and Pierce were ok with going to Nets was the key to the trade.

Depends on KP and his injury situation and how DSJr and DJ turn out long term, as well the draft picks

And what the Knicks do with the cap space they acquired moving Tim and Lee.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
OT: revisiting Celtics gangster-ness

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy