USA
4/15/2019  6:33 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/15/2019  8:00 PM
i’m sure i speak for all of us when i say i’m shocked - SHOCKED!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/16/2019  9:26 AM
I guess he'll go number 1?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/16/2019  9:29 AM
Nalod wrote:I guess he'll go number 1?

he's gonna refuse to work out for teams and drop to us at 5.

Nalod
USA
4/16/2019  9:45 AM
He won't eat sushi with Phil Jax........
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/16/2019  10:17 AM
Not a bad move. He’ll probably end up in the top 10. That sounds reasonable, right?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/16/2019  1:20 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Not a bad move. He’ll probably end up in the top 10. That sounds reasonable, right?

In the top of the 10... last drafts.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
4/16/2019  3:48 PM
He's fat........
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/16/2019  4:59 PM
Nalod wrote:He's fat........

82 games will take care of this...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Allanfan20
USA
4/16/2019  6:23 PM

Should fall to us in the second round. Don’t forget, if you really pay attention, he walks kind of funny.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/17/2019  8:03 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

Should fall to us in the second round. Don’t forget, if you really pay attention, he walks kind of funny.

that's probably why he broke that sneaker! Funny gait!

jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
4/17/2019  8:26 AM
franco12 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

that's probably why he broke that sneaker! Funny gait!

He's too short! And Barkley never won a chip!

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/17/2019  8:54 AM
Would u draft Dame Lilard or Zion right now?

I think Ja Morant is the next Dame Lilard. Zion has franchise potential but his floor is also julius Randle.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/17/2019  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2019  11:02 AM
blkexec wrote:Would u draft Dame Lilard or Zion right now?

I think Ja Morant is the next Dame Lilard. Zion has franchise potential but his floor is also julius Randle.

Curious to see how he does in NBA. Dont have him ranked that high. Did not compete against top teams as much as other top prospects and he was a sophmore so he had a year to grow. Reminds me of Brandon Jennings. Still like Barrett better because of his size and ability to get off his shot. Would bot be mad if we gave him a shot though. Just scared of Knick history. Figures the year they give the bottom three an equal shot at 1 is the year we finish last. If we dont get the 1 pick(highly unlikely), I hope we trade it for multiple later picks or include it in a trade.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
4/17/2019  1:03 PM
blkexec wrote:Would u draft Dame Lilard or Zion right now?

If taking the best player despite position is the thinking and after workouts and measurements Ja is deemed the second best and we have two then its easy.
If Cam Redish surges I go there. Or Culver, or Barrett.

Nalod if GM would employ a process after the order is determined. Dig all info you can on a player, interviews, etc, Workouts, Hook him up to machines, measure his oxygen rate, heart, Bloodwork, etc. Then test him in workouts.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/22/2019  2:53 PM
We draft Zion, I dont see the need to sign KD/Irving. Could mean 4 years before this team was Zion's to lead.

This is where someone like Leonard, would be a better fit IMO, if he can handle the media. Doubt he would get fazed by Zion getting most of the attention. Might like to play in NY, without having to be the man. Best of both worlds in Kwahi's situation, maybe. Three Alphas like Zion, KD, Kyrie might be too much. Media and all.

Having said that, we would be very lucky to have that much talent on the roster. Wouldn't be upset with this scenario.

Long term, if the Knicks lucked into drafting Zion, players like Klay and Kawhi might be a better fit. More room for Zion to grow as a player, while being surrounded by elite talent.

Allanfan20
USA
4/22/2019  3:47 PM
I heard the Suns are seriously interested in drafting Ja over Zion if that opportunity is present.
Nalod
USA
4/22/2019  3:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:We draft Zion, I dont see the need to sign KD/Irving. Could mean 4 years before this team was Zion's to lead.

This is where someone like Leonard, would be a better fit IMO, if he can handle the media. Doubt he would get fazed by Zion getting most of the attention. Might like to play in NY, without having to be the man. Best of both worlds in Kwahi's situation, maybe. Three Alphas like Zion, KD, Kyrie might be too much. Media and all.

Having said that, we would be very lucky to have that much talent on the roster. Wouldn't be upset with this scenario.

Long term, if the Knicks lucked into drafting Zion, players like Klay and Kawhi might be a better fit. More room for Zion to grow as a player, while being surrounded by elite talent.

You make a good point. At the same time KD and KI Zion need not be the man yet and just compliment and learn. KD could teach the kid a lot about being yourself and not bending to the crush of expectations and Media. KD can be grumpy at times but he knows how to take care of himself also.
Kyrie is a bit of mystery. he might just be messing with his young squad and getting them ready for the battle ahead. Not saying I love Kyrie all the time but he got his young team in synch and a big test against Milwaukee coming. Its on him to some extent.
so many moving parts to the off season and I totally get the time line differential but I'd have to think any player that moves knows it takes time for chemistry to build (even the Heatles needed a year to grow up)and realistically a Durant/Kyrie marriage has to allow for the end of season two to be a "contender" goal. Thus you get a year to pull the kids up. Not all of them mind you. This roster will change.

I would not expect Zion to dominate off the start. With that in mind a Durant/Kyrie mentorship could be a really good thing.

Nalod
USA
4/22/2019  3:52 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:I heard the Suns are seriously interested in drafting Ja over Zion if that opportunity is present.

Suns really need a PG. I read some of that but it was speculative and the allure of Zion and the cash flow he can bring would be too hard to pass up.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/22/2019  4:27 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:We draft Zion, I dont see the need to sign KD/Irving. Could mean 4 years before this team was Zion's to lead.

You make a good point. At the same time KD and KI Zion need not be the man yet and just compliment and learn. KD could teach the kid a lot about being yourself and not bending to the crush of expectations and Media. KD can be grumpy at times but he knows how to take care of himself also.
Kyrie is a bit of mystery. he might just be messing with his young squad and getting them ready for the battle ahead. Not saying I love Kyrie all the time but he got his young team in synch and a big test against Milwaukee coming. Its on him to some extent.
so many moving parts to the off season and I totally get the time line differential but I'd have to think any player that moves knows it takes time for chemistry to build (even the Heatles needed a year to grow up)and realistically a Durant/Kyrie marriage has to allow for the end of season two to be a "contender" goal. Thus you get a year to pull the kids up. Not all of them mind you. This roster will change.

I would not expect Zion to dominate off the start. With that in mind a Durant/Kyrie mentorship could be a really good thing.

It worked in Boston with Rondo, and he wasnt the easiest rookie to get along with. Zion seems like the polar opposite in that dept. Durant and Irving are thought to be focused on joining a team next (if they leave) which will help in legacy building. Suppose thats true at every juncture in their careers, but they have rings now.

How would things change with what looks to be the next multi-generational player on the roster, as a rookie? How much of his development can coexist with a player(s) focused on legacy building?

Nobody on Boston's Big 3 had a ring at the time. Their goals were more aligned. As I said, no complaints if we get all three. Still hope Perry/Mills factor in chemistry as well, if we hit the lotto. Not just BPA.

Zion Declared for the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy