[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ewing to represent the Knicks at the lottery.
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/12/2019  11:03 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
4/12/2019  11:04 PM
CrushAlot
USA
4/12/2019  11:09 PM
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/12/2019  11:20 PM
I feel bad, chances are we seeing our logo behind #5, and after this season, that's a gut punch on top of a bullet wound.

They should send a fan with a paper bag on their head that says - if we pick 5, we're done!

CrushAlot
USA
4/12/2019  11:48 PM
franco12 wrote:I feel bad, chances are we seeing our logo behind #5, and after this season, that's a gut punch on top of a bullet wound.

They should send a fan with a paper bag on their head that says - if we pick 5, we're done!

totally disagree. Bringing Ewing back is awesome. The way the odds are set up now, the Knicks may get the 5th pick but Pat doing anything for the Knicks is awesome.
JesseDark
Member: #467
4/13/2019  12:43 AM
Maybe he will make the same fist pump that Dave Debusherre made when we won the lottery in '85.
Bring back dee-fense
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2019  1:10 AM
Glad Ewing is doing this and its all good fun. Hopefully he makes light of the moment and has a good time doing it.
Even better if the balls work in our favor!!!
franco12
USA
4/13/2019  6:56 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:I feel bad, chances are we seeing our logo behind #5, and after this season, that's a gut punch on top of a bullet wound.

totally disagree. Bringing Ewing back is awesome. The way the odds are set up now, the Knicks may get the 5th pick but Pat doing anything for the Knicks is awesome.

I love that we have him back, I just don't like marching him out there to be the face of bitter disappointment. I know the NBA tries to make this some great event and fan interest thing - but the fact is that picking 5 for this franchise after what we went through this year, and have been through for the last 20 is an insult.

Clearly, he wants to do it. Great that someone asked him. But, I don't see this as a very positive event for us. To me, it brings home how we never got Patrick the talent to really compete and win a championship. Every night he gave his all, and it was never enough.

I view this as a face the music, the Knicks just went through the most pathetic season ever, they have no stars, and they just missed out on all the franchise talent, and pick 5. What do you think of that Pat Ewing?

Dolan should be out there. Jim, look, your team sucks and you just landed at 5, how about that?

Nalod
USA
4/13/2019  7:57 AM
Franco, sorry your insulted. Its not an entitlement, its math. The suffering you have is by choice. We all love our team but can’t take this all personal.
Fact is while we did not win a chip with Ewing there was no guarantee. I agree we did squander his youth but there was trips to the conference finals and two very distinct realities.

1. The Bulls.
2. Hakeem and the Rockets.

Bulls reign was for real. Somewhere fans of that era in Utah, Seattle, and Indiana all have similar laments as knick fans. They had great teams too. what’s real for us is the lack of success since then.
Ewing knees made him an unreliable prophet for his best teams. We all have scars.

As for enduring pain and receiving Zion I could not agree with you more but don’t be insulted by math or KP’s injury. Things happen not for a reason, but because.

Inept Dolan’s starphuch face perhaps should sit on the podium and maybe that breaks the chain. Dolan has stepped back both by the public’s reaction to him and perhaps he has learned thru that years he has been in part the architect of our failure. If so I’m ok with him owning the team.

The fact we are here and not watching another team who acquired the pick sit there.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/13/2019  11:15 AM
Nalod wrote:Franco, sorry your insulted. Its not an entitlement, its math. The suffering you have is by choice. We all love our team but can’t take this all personal.
Fact is while we did not win a chip with Ewing there was no guarantee. I agree we did squander his youth but there was trips to the conference finals and two very distinct realities.

1. The Bulls.

Bulls reign was for real. Somewhere fans of that era in Utah, Seattle, and Indiana all have similar laments as knick fans. They had great teams too. what’s real for us is the lack of success since then.
Ewing knees made him an unreliable prophet for his best teams. We all have scars.

As for enduring pain and receiving Zion I could not agree with you more but don’t be insulted by math or KP’s injury. Things happen not for a reason, but because.

Inept Dolan’s starphuch face perhaps should sit on the podium and maybe that breaks the chain. Dolan has stepped back both by the public’s reaction to him and perhaps he has learned thru that years he has been in part the architect of our failure. If so I’m ok with him owning the team.

The fact we are here and not watching another team who acquired the pick sit there.

Truthfully our roster was never the best in the NBA it was always an uphill battle. In the NBA most of the time the best team wins

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
franco12
USA
4/14/2019  8:44 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:Franco, sorry your insulted. Its not an entitlement, its math. The suffering you have is by choice. We all love our team but can’t take this all personal.

1. The Bulls.

Truthfully our roster was never the best in the NBA it was always an uphill battle. In the NBA most of the time the best team wins

It's the best team, but usually the best player.

Look at this table:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/

And look at the Finals MVP.

It's usually, though not always, one of the top 3 players in the league.

Durant, James and Bryant have won 6 of the last 10.

If we don't get Zion, we don't have a chance of winning a title. I don't care if we get KD and whoever else. I just don't think KD has enough left in his tank and I don't think we'll be able to provide a strong enough supporting cast in time.

On KD, I hope I'm wrong. Sure, it will be exciting and I'm sure we'll be in the play offs.

Nalod
USA
4/14/2019  10:55 AM
franco12 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

1. The Bulls.

Look at this table:

If we don't get Zion, we don't have a chance of winning a title. I don't care if we get KD and whoever else. I just don't think KD has enough left in his tank and I don't think we'll be able to provide a strong enough supporting cast in time.

On KD, I hope I'm wrong. Sure, it will be exciting and I'm sure we'll be in the play offs.

Hakeem ascent timing was most problematic for our lone finals appearance during Jordans sabbatical.
Franco, no doubt your assumptions are correct and I never thought KD alone is the force Lebron was alone. If Durant/Kyrie comes we are 2/3rds the way to contention with picks and yoot to play or trade. There is a path. I can’t see it and no doubt the odds never stacked. GSW juggernaut without high lottery picks was most unusual and unforeseeable. Chemistry of all things started with ownership and front office changes. Dlee was the first signing of the new regime. It all adds up. IGGY was a big piece also.
There was nothing in 2010 that said GSW would go on to be in the conversation of the greatest 5 teams in NBA history. If you have opportunities you have a start.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/15/2019  10:22 AM
franco12 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

1. The Bulls.

Look at this table:

In other words you have no faith in your FO?

While I dont blame you for thinking that, I have even less faith in the Coaching staff even if we manage to get Zion, KD, Kyrie, and AD..

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/15/2019  10:59 AM
I applaud the team for trying to reintegrate a lot of Knicks history

If we don't get #1 it's because (a) that is exactly what the new format is designed to do -- dissuade tanking and (b) basketball gods frowning on the Knick's shlock and not wanting to reward that

(5)(5)
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/15/2019  11:10 AM
Chandler wrote:I applaud the team for trying to reintegrate a lot of Knicks history

If we don't get #1 it's because (a) that is exactly what the new format is designed to do -- dissuade tanking and (b) basketball gods frowning on the Knick's shlock and not wanting to reward that

We did not tank. We suck.
And this is accumulated result of 20 years of mismanaging.
Draft is opportunity not certainty.
Team get a commonly recognized asset.
It can be used or wasted.
Picking 1st or 2nd or 5th is just a beginning of promise.
So I will be in piece with any outcome.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/15/2019  11:13 AM
arkrud wrote:
Chandler wrote:I applaud the team for trying to reintegrate a lot of Knicks history

So I will be in pieces with any outcome.

fixed

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/15/2019  11:30 AM
Marv wrote:
arkrud wrote:

So I will be in peace with any outcome.

fixed

re-fixed... I am wondering if spellchecker is stupid or trying to make fun of me.
Artificial intelligence sht...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/15/2019  11:56 AM
arkrud wrote:
Marv wrote:
arkrud wrote:

So I will be in peace with any outcome.

fixed

re-fixed... I am wondering if spellchecker is stupid or trying to make fun of me.
Artificial intelligence sht...

don't hate. spellchecker gives you some of your best puns.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/15/2019  12:07 PM
arkrud wrote:

Whether tank or suck, it was soooo bad right from the get go that the team should have considered refunds, free food and beer, something. It was not an acceptable product

(5)(5)
franco12
USA
4/15/2019  12:50 PM
Chandler wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Whether tank or suck, it was soooo bad right from the get go that the team should have considered refunds, free food and beer, something. It was not an acceptable product

I don't think we were bad from the beginning. I thought we were close in a lot of games at the start of the season. But, no doubt, this was a putrid season of basketball.

Ewing to represent the Knicks at the lottery.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy