martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/12/2019  2:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Hoping blazers and sixers win tonight. Hopefully a craptors loss would make KL think twice about re-signing there (even if he doesn't sign with us, I'd rather he was out of our conference)

I'm pretty sure Leonard and, by extension, Lowry are gone if they lose today. I'm not even confident enough to say a title is enough to convince a Leonard to stay. But I do wonder about Majiri. There were rumors a few weeks ago that he was "intrigued" by the Wizard's vacancy. The Wizard are low-key as tenuous a position as the Lakers when their cap flexibility is taken into consideration. I think Majiri is definitely looking for a way out if Toronto loses.

Lowry is owed 33 mil next year. I don’t think he is going anywhere. Maybe with an asset attached. I do think Uniri may have wanted to get out from Derozan’s contract. In that sense it was a win win for him.

Lowry is an expiring though. They can just buy him out at some point next season.

...for what benefit?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/12/2019  3:07 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Hoping blazers and sixers win tonight. Hopefully a craptors loss would make KL think twice about re-signing there (even if he doesn't sign with us, I'd rather he was out of our conference)

I'm pretty sure Leonard and, by extension, Lowry are gone if they lose today. I'm not even confident enough to say a title is enough to convince a Leonard to stay. But I do wonder about Majiri. There were rumors a few weeks ago that he was "intrigued" by the Wizard's vacancy. The Wizard are low-key as tenuous a position as the Lakers when their cap flexibility is taken into consideration. I think Majiri is definitely looking for a way out if Toronto loses.

Lowry is owed 33 mil next year. I don’t think he is going anywhere. Maybe with an asset attached. I do think Uniri may have wanted to get out from Derozan’s contract. In that sense it was a win win for him.

Lowry is an expiring though. They can just buy him out at some point next season.

...for what benefit?

I'm saying if they lose today and go forward with a legit rebuild. I'm sure Lowry doesn't want to sot through that and the Raptors will want to move forward. They could also trade him. I'm just saying I don't see Leonard, Lowry or Ujiri staying on Toronto much longer if they lose today. Really, I don't see Leonard staying at all, even with a win.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

5/12/2019  6:13 PM
CJ came up big! Can't wait for Dame vs. Curry matchup.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/12/2019  6:15 PM
What a great series. I would love to see Portland in the finals.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG

5/12/2019  6:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:What a great series. I would love to see Portland in the finals.

Question...seeing how Collins performed, do you see the need to sign Enes if your Portland management?

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/12/2019  8:09 PM
Go Enes! Better than KP! Or Melo!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/12/2019  9:41 PM
Another great game. I thought Philly was going to pull it off. Hope the Knicks are back in the playoffs next year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/12/2019  9:51 PM
Kawhi is ****ing awesome!
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/13/2019  4:02 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Another great game. I thought Philly was going to pull it off. Hope the Knicks are back in the playoffs next year.

I wonder if the Sixers keep Butler and/or Harris

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/13/2019  8:44 AM
DVR’d the 4th quarter as Thrones was on and house full of people to watch it. Between the tension of that episode THEN watching a masterful game 7 it was not easy getting to sleep!

4 bounces to it dropped. It’s was drama played out that must have seemed like an eternity for those on the court. The buzzer rang, no rebound to get, just stop and watch. It was a like a movie.

Embiid is learning the heart of a champion must be forged thru stress like fine steel. The clowning in earlier games is not kharma retaliating but a lesson that this shyt is hard. Lebron had to learn this lesson. Jordan was already a champion in college and a sociopath personality so distractions of his own dominance on the court was not evident. Embiid is a good guy who likes to have fun. But this is hard. Lowery had learned this lesson previously. DeRozen was not the guy. Question is can Raptors resign him going forward. Either way Masai looks good this morning.

Brett Brown presser was awesome. I hope they keep him. The guy should get another gig if they let him go. Top notch guy.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/13/2019  9:53 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Go Enes! Better than KP! Or Melo!

Kanter is supposed to be out of the league! No way he could be an important contributor on a contending team! LOL

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/13/2019  1:28 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Kanter is supposed to be out of the league! No way he could be an important contributor on a contending team! LOL

Kanter needs to be used properly and he was used properly.
Amazing coaching job and great feet for him.
But how much they will be willing to pay him and if he is OK with this amount is another story.
Most likely some bad team will pay him a fortune and then he will be back to looking bad as he was on the Knicks.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/13/2019  2:06 PM
arkrud wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

But how much they will be willing to pay him and if he is OK with this amount is another story.
Most likely some bad team will pay him a fortune and then he will be back to looking bad as he was on the Knicks.

Been hearing a lot of that, Kanter is only playing for a new deal. Averaged a double/double in the playoffs with a separated shoulder, and while fasting for Ramadan. Not to mention just joining the team. This is the player he's been for years. People forget he is only 25, not 30.

Kanter's defense showed real progress in Portland, needed time to develop that part of his game. Did a great job on Jokic, considering. I dont know what he will be paid, earned more than the back of the bench salary that some of you are throwing out. If not in Portland, somewhere in the NBA.

Im guessing Kanter will have to win MVP before getting more than a few back handed compliments from some of you.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/13/2019  2:47 PM
Kanter is on a team that is going to the West Conf. finals.
With us we were going nowhere.
With us he eats up cap space we using to attract new players.
There might be a time we can install waived players as insurance as not to derail our season. POrtand was a damn good team before he got to it, and is a damn good time with him on it. As good as he is he was not able to help our cause. Giving his minutes to Mitch was more important.
He was not the cause of our problems but was not the solution either.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/13/2019  3:01 PM
Nalod wrote:Kanter is on a team that is going to the West Conf. finals.
There might be a time we can install waived players as insurance as not to derail our season. POrtand was a damn good team before he got to it, and is a damn good time with him on it. As good as he is he was not able to help our cause. Giving his minutes to Mitch was more important.

well-put. this is a classic win-win. he can win the finals mvp and i'll be happy for him and still not the least bit sorry that we got rid of him.

(PLUS that would mean that neither gsw nor tor won which will be the ULTIMATE win )

BigDaddyG

5/13/2019  3:06 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
arkrud wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Been hearing a lot of that, Kanter is only playing for a new deal. Averaged a double/double in the playoffs with a separated shoulder, and while fasting for Ramadan. Not to mention just joining the team. This is the player he's been for years. People forget he is only 25, not 30.

Kanter's defense showed real progress in Portland, needed time to develop that part of his game. Did a great job on Jokic, considering. I dont know what he will be paid, earned more than the back of the bench salary that some of you are throwing out. If not in Portland, somewhere in the NBA.

Im guessing Kanter will have to win MVP before getting more than a few back handed compliments from some of you.

I think in a perfect world, they probably sign Enes to a one year deal at maybe $12 mil a year. That would give them a bridge to Nurkic's return. But they are in salary cap hell. On top of that, Hood, Aminu and Curry are free agents. If Nurkic returns earlier than expected there is no way you re-sign Kanter. They have Meyers Leonard eating up $11 million and a promising, younger, and cheaper player in Collins. I wish him well and hope he lands, as long as it's not the Knicks.
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/13/2019  4:59 PM

Kanter is going to the WCF .. Kanter's performance are the sole reason (the Lillard & McCollum) Blazers are going to the WCF !!!
The Knick HATERS need to get a back seat next to the NBA Basketball Clueless Dolan & Mills Loser excuses !!!

Kemet
Member: #6148

5/13/2019  5:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Another great game. I thought Philly was going to pull it off. Hope the Knicks are back in the playoffs next year.

A crushing loss to the 76ers .. I thought the game was going into over-time, but Kahwi bounce-bounce shot took the Raptors to the ECF .. The tandem of Kawhi & Siakam vs Giannis & Middleton will be a dynamic series to watch .. although, Lowry & Bledsoe skills/talent may be boring at times.

My thoughts are the 76ers will resign Butler, and hunt for a starter PF in FA or trade, Harris asking price as a SF may sign with a team like the Nets or Lakers.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/13/2019  10:55 PM
Kemet wrote:

Kanter is going to the WCF .. Kanter's performance are the sole reason (the Lillard & McCollum) Blazers are going to the WCF !!!
The Knick HATERS need to get a back seat next to the NBA Basketball Clueless Dolan & Mills Loser excuses !!!

Clueless is the key word... looks like you are very familiar with one clueless fan...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/14/2019  10:08 AM
Kemet wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

A crushing loss to the 76ers .. I thought the game was going into over-time, but Kahwi bounce-bounce shot took the Raptors to the ECF .. The tandem of Kawhi & Siakam vs Giannis & Middleton will be a dynamic series to watch .. although, Lowry & Bledsoe skills/talent may be boring at times.

My thoughts are the 76ers will resign Butler, and hunt for a starter PF in FA or trade, Harris asking price as a SF may sign with a team like the Nets or Lakers.

This shot kinda reminded me of the H20 shot against the sHEAT. Obviously not the way it was shot but the levity and the bounce bounce part.

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy