[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/24/2019  4:25 PM
Nalod wrote:If knicks made playoffs this season with the low expectations one might say it would be reported well!
Nets clearly exceeded any preseason predictions. They did not starphuch in any fashion. That's knick history and its why they would and have been so maligned over the years with false bravado. "Knicks are back", "coming home".....our last two starphuchs proved to be over hype.
Around here, we get it.

I like what Marks did. Did he do it for the publicity?
At the end of the day Nets got taken apart in game 5.

If this was a knick team with KD, KI and Zion and we get taken out in the first round like having been a low seed I'd be disappointed for sure.

I don’t like Marks going into the refs locker room at all. The fact that it is being spun as a planned action to show support for the players is ridiculous. If going into the refs locker room is now an action that means coaches, execs and players are standing up for their team if they do this, I think the league has big problems. Officiating often is questionable but if the act of going into the refs locker room to confront them after games is going to be spun as a heroic, planned action, then the mba is going to need to increase the amount of fines and the length of suspensions. I think this should be handled in a manner similar to the Malice in the Palace.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2019  8:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:If knicks made playoffs this season with the low expectations one might say it would be reported well!
Nets clearly exceeded any preseason predictions. They did not starphuch in any fashion. That's knick history and its why they would and have been so maligned over the years with false bravado. "Knicks are back", "coming home".....our last two starphuchs proved to be over hype.
Around here, we get it.

I like what Marks did. Did he do it for the publicity?
At the end of the day Nets got taken apart in game 5.

If this was a knick team with KD, KI and Zion and we get taken out in the first round like having been a low seed I'd be disappointed for sure.

I don’t like Marks going into the refs locker room at all. The fact that it is being spun as a planned action to show support for the players is ridiculous. If going into the refs locker room is now an action that means coaches, execs and players are standing up for their team if they do this, I think the league has big problems. Officiating often is questionable but if the act of going into the refs locker room to confront them after games is going to be spun as a heroic, planned action, then the mba is going to need to increase the amount of fines and the length of suspensions. I think this should be handled in a manner similar to the Malice in the Palace.

I agree. Marks did it, and the fine and penalties should be increased.
Me, I’d send Oak in. Shit would get real after that!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/25/2019  11:49 AM
martin wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe26597367/nba-playoff-winners-losers-russ-dame-warriors

Russell Westbrook

The only important question for the Thunder after their third straight post-Kevin Durant flameout is whether this season signals the beginning of a long-term decline for Westbrook -- and what, if anything, they can do if they believe it does.

It's not really that Westbrook -- after four knee surgeries in six years -- is perhaps the worst high-volume 3-point shooter ever. He is, but that's almost trivial -- a punchline. He has always been a bad 3-point shooter; he's just worse now, so bricky that opponents are braver taking an extra step away from him when he doesn't have the ball. And as has been the case for the entirety of his career -- see last season's version of this same column -- Westbrook has never been much interested in making himself useful when he doesn't have the ball.

Paul George is the only long-range threat Thunder opponents guard off the ball. George running a pick-and-roll is the NBA's "Jon Snow wielding a sword alone against an entire charging army" meme.

The real issue is that Westbrook's shot has deserted him inside the arc. He emerged as an MVP candidate in part because he became reliable -- 40 percent-plus -- on what he calls his "cotton shot" from the elbow.

He hit 32 percent on jumpers from between 15 and 19 feet this season, per NBA.com. Of 104 players who attempted at least three pull-up jumpers per game, Westbrook ranked 104th in accuracy. Against Portland, he alternated between looking afraid to take them, and burying the Thunder under a pile of endless misses.

His dunks are down, and he could not always summon the explosive midair fury that once busted conventional defenses.

The Blazers dropped Enes Kanter far back in the pick-and-roll, and dared Westbrook to blow through him. Westbrook couldn't do it.

His defense, overrated for years, came and went even in one of his most focused seasons. Portland's monster Game 5 fourth-quarter comeback started with a sloppy Westbrook closeout on CJ McCollum in the right corner, opening the door for an easy floater -- a sequence that would be repeated on the opposite side four-plus minutes later. He still dies on screens, loitering around half court.

In his MVP season, the Thunder could not survive without him. This season, they were a disaster whenever Westbrook played without George -- while thriving in the opposite scenario. That continued in the playoffs; the Thunder were plus-13 in 39 George-only minutes against the Blazers. Portland obliterated them by 33 points in 32 Westbrook solo minutes, per NBA.com.

Westbrook is still a very good player. I selected him third-team All-NBA. He's just not as good as he used to be. He lost some of what made him an MVP candidate, and refined none of the weak spots in his game.

His mega-max contract runs through 2022-23, when Westbrook will be 34. The Thunder are capped out through at least 2020-21. Setting aside the James Harden trade -- yeah, I know -- Sam Presti has used magic to keep this thin, rickety roster afloat. He thinks years in advance, and tracks devalued young players -- Victor Oladipo, for instance -- because he knows they will carry trade cachet if an opportunity arises. He has somehow turned disgruntled players and bad contracts into semi-helpful things: Reggie Jackson became Enes Kanter became Carmelo Anthony became Dennis Schroder. When does the music stop?

A poor shooter needs shooters around him. Oklahoma City has been thin on shooting for Presti's entire run. His track record suggests a fetish for long, defense-first tweeners, and some faith the Thunder can teach such players to shoot. They have failed. Andre Roberson was dynamic enough on defense to thrive in the highest-stakes moments, but he's hurt. Most of the other long-shot bets busted.

Most late first-round picks bust. Most "second draft" prospects -- e.g., Dion Waiters -- just are what they are. If shooters who could survive on defense were easy to find, every team would have a bunch.

But good teams stay good as their stars age because they nail a couple of long-shot bets. One of the Thunder's stars -- the remaining foundational Thunder star, the one they in many ways chose over Harden -- appears to be aging, and aging badly. Presti surely has a plan, even as he appears pinned in by cap realities. Let's see what it is.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
magicTs
Member: #5564

4/26/2019  11:18 PM
KD puts away a nonchalant 38 pts in the first half against the Clippers!
CrushAlot
USA
4/28/2019  12:35 AM
Spurs down 2 with 52 sec.
CrushAlot
USA
4/28/2019  12:39 AM
Nuggets advance. Jokic is amazing. Maybe with success Denver is on tv more.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/28/2019  2:41 PM
I'm happy to see a future Knick performing well, but it hurts to see him doing it on the Celtics lol Gianni's needs to get to league average as a three point shooter. Good teams will just load up on him in the paint. Can't see him keeping that up for an entire series.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/28/2019  6:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2019  6:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I'm happy to see a future Knick performing well, but it hurts to see him doing it on the Celtics lol Gianni's needs to get to league average as a three point shooter. Good teams will just load up on him in the paint. Can't see him keeping that up for an entire series.

Was surprised to see the entire TNT crew call the series for the Bucks. Most in less than 7. Given the firepower, and experience on the Celtics, you would think that someone would have called it for Boston. Only way I see a blowout is if the Celtics win the next one in Milwaukee.

Nalod
USA
4/29/2019  8:00 AM
Reasonable call given Bucks record and Celtics inconsistencies.
If Celtics take it to the limit and even exceed to advance it could very well be not just kyrie’s health but leadership. Something many of us have thought to be a negative.
Lot of basketball left to play. We’ll see.
GustavBahler

4/29/2019  10:35 AM
Nalod wrote:Reasonable call given Bucks record and Celtics inconsistencies.
If Celtics take it to the limit and even exceed to advance it could very well be not just kyrie’s health but leadership. Something many of us have thought to be a negative.

If no one gives a team with Tatum/Hayward/Holford and led by Kyrie a chance. Not sure why the rush to max out Irving? Thats a veteran playoff team with 3 current and former all-stars, and probably an all star next season in Tatum. That makes 4.

Why I would be happier with Smith jr getting an audition, Morant too if he is our pick. Read that the Cavs might draft Morant, even with Sexton. Sexton was no bust. They're going for the BPA, so should Perry/Mills.

The good thing is if we drafted Morant, we would be able to bring him off the bench or play him with Smith jr. at times a la Houston. Dont have to throw too much at him too soon.

If both pan out, it gives Perry/Mills great options. Morant might be a few seasons away from leading a team. Smith jr (if he comes back playing well) not having to sign Irving, would give us the space to offer Smith a longer deal, and add depth to the bench. If both pan out, we could trade one for depth, if necessary.

Durant and DSJr would work well together IMO. Kick outs for 3 (DSjr excels at that) and alley ooops all day. This would be an option if Irving stays in Boston as well. Would not be surprised.

Nalod
USA
4/29/2019  12:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

If no one gives a team with Tatum/Hayward/Holford and led by Kyrie a chance. Not sure why the rush to max out Irving? Thats a veteran playoff team with 3 current and former all-stars, and probably an all star next season in Tatum. That makes 4.

Why I would be happier with Smith jr getting an audition, Morant too if he is our pick. Read that the Cavs might draft Morant, even with Sexton. Sexton was no bust. They're going for the BPA, so should Perry/Mills.

The good thing is if we drafted Morant, we would be able to bring him off the bench or play him with Smith jr. at times a la Houston. Dont have to throw too much at him too soon.

If both pan out, it gives Perry/Mills great options. Morant might be a few seasons away from leading a team. Smith jr (if he comes back playing well) not having to sign Irving, would give us the space to offer Smith a longer deal, and add depth to the bench. If both pan out, we could trade one for depth, if necessary.

Durant and DSJr would work well together IMO. Kick outs for 3 (DSjr excels at that) and alley ooops all day. This would be an option if Irving stays in Boston as well. Would not be surprised.

Weather is just too good here yesterday to watch hoop indoors in the afternoon. I get the "Why would Kyrie leave if they win, and why we want him of they don't". Same for Durant.

Because they see a path to win in NY and that's special for what ever reason they have.
All I know is what I don't know and that's brining Kyrie and Durant to NY and draft more talent makes life easier for all the players who stays. Even Frank. Things will open up for him offensively. He has to hit an open three at a respectable rate. He passes and plays great defense. He'll get minutes.
But he has to shoot like an NBA player.
Trier has to up the rock.
Dennis can be awesome. Has to be in shape for his back to hold up. Knox, he just needs to watch more Durant and learn. Eat his Wheaties and get strong.
Things will me much easier.
The time line is something I can't answer. We assume "Winning and winning now is a priority" and its obvious. What is not obvious is what we wrap our heads around is what are they willing to do to win? Take a salary cut? Demand we go all in for AD? Are they looking for a sustainable existence of both contending and grow young assets with a delayed gratification but more substantial run after there playing days are finished?

These are accomplished players already and life has to go on even if no trip to finals.
Part of me wants an "Era" and not a two year window of starphuch win now. The heat has a 4 year window and then were decimated to some extent to an irrelevant existence. I like stars as much as anyone but also want some form of organic "knicks team" and culture to exist.

GustavBahler

4/29/2019  1:08 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Weather is just too good here yesterday to watch hoop indoors in the afternoon. I get the "Why would Kyrie leave if they win, and why we want him of they don't". Same for Durant.

Because they see a path to win in NY and that's special for what ever reason they have.
All I know is what I don't know and that's brining Kyrie and Durant to NY and draft more talent makes life easier for all the players who stays. Even Frank. Things will open up for him offensively. He has to hit an open three at a respectable rate. He passes and plays great defense. He'll get minutes.
Dennis can be awesome. Has to be in shape for his back to hold up. Knox, he just needs to watch more Durant and learn. Eat his Wheaties and get strong.
The time line is something I can't answer. We assume "Winning and winning now is a priority" and its obvious. What is not obvious is what we wrap our heads around is what are they willing to do to win? Take a salary cut? Demand we go all in for AD? Are they looking for a sustainable existence of both contending and grow young assets with a delayed gratification but more substantial run after there playing days are finished?

These are accomplished players already and life has to go on even if no trip to finals.
Part of me wants an "Era" and not a two year window of starphuch win now. The heat has a 4 year window and then were decimated to some extent to an irrelevant existence. I like stars as much as anyone but also want some form of organic "knicks team" and culture to exist.

Irving won a ring off the ball, with LeBron running the point. If Kyrie as PG, a few seasons removed from Cleveland, cant get as far in the playoffs as last year's squad, without Irving and Gordon. Makes you wonder why some fans are in a rush to sign him? Having a PG taking up that much of the cap very rarely results in a title. Its about depth. maxing out Irving will make that more difficult.

Doubt Frank will be here next season. Will be very surprised. Back to that sense of urgency. If he really wants to send a message to Fizdale that he gets it. He'll go back to France for a quick visit, then come back and work on pulling himself from the bottom of the league on offense. Wouldn't wait to see what happens with the draft. Its another offseason for Frank to work on his game. Another chance to play in pick up games, summer leagues.

Not a big surprise that Frank had a groin injury. Bet if he spent more time working on his takes to the rim in traffic, it wouldn't be an issue like it has been this season. Used to like jogging in NYC at night. Less traffic, smog. Hadnt the time to played bball in a few months.

Even though I was doing a lot of running, when I got back to playing 3 on 3, it felt like I hadnt worked out in a year. No substitute for taking the ball to the rim. Thats what Knox figured out early on. Baker didnt, thats why he got moved. Frank still isnt aggressive enough, thats why he's on the bubble.

Nalod
USA
4/29/2019  1:21 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Irving won a ring off the ball, with LeBron running the point. If Kyrie as PG, a few seasons removed from Cleveland, cant get as far in the playoffs as last year's squad, without Irving and Gordon. Makes you wonder why some fans are in a rush to sign him? Having a PG taking up that much of the cap very rarely results in a title. Its about depth. maxing out Irving will make that more difficult.

Doubt Frank will be here next season. Will be very surprised. Back to that sense of urgency. If he really wants to send a message to Fizdale that he gets it. He'll go back to France for a quick visit, then come back and work on pulling himself from the bottom of the league on offense. Wouldn't wait to see what happens with the draft. Its another offseason for Frank to work on his game. Another chance to play in pick up games, summer leagues.

Not a big surprise that Frank had a groin injury. Bet if he spent more time working on his takes to the rim in traffic, it wouldn't be an issue like it has been this season. Used to like jogging in NYC at night. Less traffic, smog. Hadnt the time to played bball in a few months.

Even though I was doing a lot of running, when I got back to playing 3 on 3, it felt like I hadnt worked out in a year. No substitute for taking the ball to the rim. Thats what Knox figured out early on. Baker didnt, thats why he got moved. Frank still isnt aggressive enough, thats why he's on the bubble.

You know so much about Frank. Awesome.

GustavBahler

4/29/2019  1:38 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Your words are mean Nalod. Tennis elbow?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/29/2019  2:25 PM
hope folks are watching. KD/Kryie playing like the best players in the league right now. Please please please please
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/29/2019  3:15 PM
fishmike wrote:hope folks are watching. KD/Kryie playing like the best players in the league right now. Please please please please

Giannis breaking both of their hearts would probably be the best possible outcome for us. If that happens I could see the GSWs getting into a slap fight and Kyrie just being like eff it, let's go hit up Clark White Diamond on the way back home

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2019  4:17 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/29/2019  4:34 PM
martin wrote:

I remember the first game I saw him against Kristaps. He played KP real tough and neutralized him. At the time, I kinda blamed KP for getting punked by some no name rookie. I didn't realize I was watching the ascension of a future all star. Toronto has a good piece to build around when Leonard bolts and Lowry's back disintegrates.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
4/29/2019  4:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

My elbow is still trying to digest this.

GustavBahler

4/29/2019  5:00 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

My elbow is still trying to digest this.

OK..

I guess a "storied" writer such as yourself doesnt make grammatical errors. Might be easier for your elbow to digest this quote, if your fingers hadnt been so far up your ass. Then they might have found the time to highlight the entire passage. Wether you agree with it or not. That help?

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy