[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/20/2019  7:48 AM
OKC with a big win last night. McGrady thinks George has a torn labrum. I don’t think OKC has a chance at beating Portland if McGrady is right. The Thunder need George to play like an mvp to win.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/20/2019  12:21 PM

some interesting stuff here

https://newsok.com/article/5627448/westbrooks-next-question-act-is-about-control

Why I keep asking Russell Westbrook questions

Russell Westbrook doesn’t answer my questions, hasn’t for the better part of the season, and some people want to know why I keep asking.

I don’t blame them for wondering. It’s a legitimate question. But I have a legitimate answer.

I keep asking, with no hope of getting an answer, because the media shouldn’t give in to Westbrook’s desire to control everything.

Westbrook long ago was given the keys to the franchise and controls most everything around the organization, from brand of mustard at the concession stand to who sings the national anthem.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/20/2019  12:26 PM
Also really liked this article on Harden:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe26559923/james-harden-breaking-defense-embarrassed-him

martin
USA
4/20/2019  1:45 PM
Man Draymond drops 26 pounds before the playoffs

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/04/20/draymond-green-dropped-26-pounds-to-be-ready-for-playoff-basketball/

Draymond Green was not himself this season. He averaged 7.4 points per game, the first time he was below double digits during the Warriors run, Green shot just 28.5 percent from three, and he played in just 66 games due to toe and knee injuries. Green was not an All-Star. He had a PER of 12.9, a below average number (while it’s not a stat that takes into account what Green brings, he’s long been above average at least in it). When it came time to talk Defensive Player of the Year, he got mentioned more on reputation than his in-season performance.

Playoff Green has been different: 13 points and 8.7 assists per game, his true shooting percentage is back above average (57.2) as is his PER (the three-pointers are still not falling, however). He’s a force on defense and a playmaker on offense through the first three games of the postseason.

What changed? He dropped 26 pounds in the final couple months of the season to get in playoff shape. Marcus Thompson II has a fantastic story about this at The Athletic. It started with GM Bob Myer confronting Green about his conditioning after the All-Star break.

“If we’re going to win a championship,” Myers said, “you’ve got to get in shape….”

“Yeah, I start this strenuous regimen on March 6,” he told Myers. “It’ll take me like two weeks, maybe like 10 days, to really get to where I need to be.”

Myers replied with a puzzled glance: “Wait, you already knew this?”

Green explained his whole plan. He has a nutritionist guiding his diet, his chef making his meals. The strength and conditioning team had the strategy for him dropping weight while maintaining strength. It turns out, Green knew it was time, too.

Green is the lynchpin for the Warriors in the playoffs. Stephen Curry still provides the gravity on offense and is the guy the system is built around. Kevin Durant is their best all-around player, a guy who is a walking mismatch who can get one-on-one buckets whenever he wants, defends well, and is the two-time Finals MVP for a reason. Klay Thompson is an All-NBA level two-way player.

But it’s Green’s ability to switch on defense, to cover centers bigger than him but keep them in check, and to be an outlet on offense that sets him apart. As does his intensity and energy — he is the Warriors emotional leader.

With DeMarcus Cousins out, Green’s role got even bigger.

Maybe more than all that, Green is playing for his next contract. He is a free agent in the summer of 2020, but the Warriors could extend his rookie deal this summer. Rumors of him being traded bounce around the league (with not every team interested in bringing him in, his skill set is a specific fit), and teams guessing if Green will get a max contract or not. Green wants to get paid, just as the other big three in Golden State have, but he’s the one on the bubble (Thompson is a free agent this summer but the Warriors have said they will max him out, and sources around the league expect that to happen).

Green looks himself for these playoffs, ready to go and earn a three-peat and a place in history.

Then this summer things could get interesting.

CrushAlot
USA
4/20/2019  5:48 PM
Philly/NJ game was a war. One of the best playoff games I have seen in years.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/21/2019  9:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Philly/NJ game was a war. One of the best playoff games I have seen in years.

PHilly has talent. JJ freaking Reddick was MONEY. That catch and shoot was a thing of beauty! he caught it, had feet set and had forward momentum. The fundamentals of that was wonderful to put the team ahead.

Knicks are not in the playoffs and I defer to team two with admiration and root for them to succeed. Knicks need to take care of their business first and foremost but I won't hate on the nets to elevate my knick fandom. They are doing things quietly and properly with strong development. No need to compare to knicks are are much younger and two years behind any process.

Good series with good intensity. Philly has the talent. Nets have heart.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/21/2019  7:53 PM
Fluck the Nyets!!!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/21/2019  8:06 PM
Uptown wrote:Fluck the Nyets!!!

yeah i feel that. they’re just another team i’d love to crush and until then i don’t really give a crap about.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/22/2019  3:04 AM

The double standard in reporting of them vs us is what's always annoyed me- case point, if in the offseason we signed Tobias Harris we'd be blasted for settling for second tier players at 1st tier prices, how he'll only get you to the playoffs but on't help you win a chip, etc etc. If the Nets sign him just watch them get praised to the rafters!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/22/2019  8:35 AM
smackeddog wrote:

The double standard in reporting of them vs us is what's always annoyed me- case point, if in the offseason we signed Tobias Harris we'd be blasted for settling for second tier players at 1st tier prices, how he'll only get you to the playoffs but on't help you win a chip, etc etc. If the Nets sign him just watch them get praised to the rafters!

True. At the same time, they've been a lot nicer to the media as a whole. It seems like Perry and Mills are doing a better job, Dolan has made a lot of enemies. The beat reporters, at least most of them, are people too. What do you think is going to happen when you deny access and prevent them from doing their jobs? They still gotta report something.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/22/2019  9:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2019  1:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

True. At the same time, they've been a lot nicer to the media as a whole. It seems like Perry and Mills are doing a better job, Dolan has made a lot of enemies. The beat reporters, at least most of them, are people too. What do you think is going to happen when you deny access and prevent them from doing their jobs? They still gotta report something.

I expect them to report the unbiased truth regardless...but that's too much to expect.

Nalod
USA
4/22/2019  10:10 AM
IF Nets sign him and they start to be top 4 in the east, then so. Harris might be a good fit for Nyets. I like him for a more finished team. Knicks are not yet defined and I'd rather we continue with Knox until the timeline is defined otherwise.

Nets Got screwed last game. Bad non call.
Looking forward to relevant games against them. Marks goes to ref's locker room and calls them out.
Phuch Nets, but that was cool! Nalod calls them like he sees them and they earned my respect. Too bad we did not have a culture in place that could have recognized Atkinson as a future talent and groomed him. Lets hope for a long long tenure of success with Fiz and let him grow his own tree!!

Nalod getting tired of Westbrooks act. If Lakes can't get AD they should make a run for him. The guy is a statistical machine and tour de force of nature but it don't win. His persona is huge and everything is an emotional war with him. Lakes make a nonsensical move like that? Is it good for Lebron? Likely not and I doubt it ever happens. Lakes can then sign Boogie and have one caustic salty team for everyone to dislike!
Contrast to Durant not getting engaged into a thing with Patrick Beverly. He took the high road.

Kyrie had a good week. Boston swept a not so great Pacer team who was 32-15 when Olidapo went out. One shining beacon to why we should keep Frank. Victor was a bit older and had better rookie and sophomore years but a long armed good player who got great. A fan can dream.
Gordo is comeing back to form and Kyrie's leadership is solid at the moment. Kendrick Perkins on radio today was impresses as hell at Kyrie and thinks calling out his yoots was part of the act to establish his leadership even if it meant pain for the franchise. Intersting take. Not for me to agree or not as I am not an NBA insider.

Im seeing Durants leaderhip cool and energy being used properly. Im seeing Kyrie play great and Celtic Ball movement very sharp. If these two destined for KnickLand then Im excited. Kyrie has demonstraded inconsistent health thru his career but his leadership is about accountability. Not so terrible.

martin
USA
4/22/2019  10:26 AM
Tale of 2 players in different situations:

smackeddog
4/24/2019  5:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2019  5:28 AM
Farewell Nets! If it were the Knicks, we'd be being criticised as being a futile fringe playoff team, but they'll be praised as gods with a bright future.

Good to see Lillard doing well, i do like him and feel he's has a bum rap by the media/commentators:

Also I was wrong about Kanter- he can be a contributor on a winning team

CrushAlot
USA
4/24/2019  5:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:Farewell Nets! If it were the Knicks, we'd be being criticised as being a futile fringe playoff team, but they'll be praised as gods with a bright future.

Good to see Lillard doing well, i do like him and feel he's has a bum rap by the media/commentators:

Also I was wrong about Kanter- he can be a contributor on a winning team

Nets coverage is very biased. Marks going into the refs locker after game 4 is being spun as a planned incident to show players management supports the team. If that is almost any other gm, there is no spin on losing self control and doing something irrational. Marks has many admirers in the media. His message could have been sent through them.
Nalod
USA
4/24/2019  10:29 AM
If knicks made playoffs this season with the low expectations one might say it would be reported well!
Nets clearly exceeded any preseason predictions. They did not starphuch in any fashion. That's knick history and its why they would and have been so maligned over the years with false bravado. "Knicks are back", "coming home".....our last two starphuchs proved to be over hype.
Around here, we get it.

I like what Marks did. Did he do it for the publicity?
At the end of the day Nets got taken apart in game 5.

If this was a knick team with KD, KI and Zion and we get taken out in the first round like having been a low seed I'd be disappointed for sure.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/24/2019  11:32 AM
martin wrote:Tale of 2 players in different situations:

Lillard just kicked ass.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
smackeddog
4/24/2019  1:03 PM
Time to start rooting for the Bucks to spank the celtics, don't want irving warming towards staying.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/24/2019  2:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:Time to start rooting for the Bucks to spank the celtics, don't want irving warming towards staying.

That scenario would give me all the more reason not to want Irving.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/24/2019  2:24 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:Tale of 2 players in different situations:

Lillard just kicked ass.

Melo got a lot of the blame last year. I'm not defending Melo, because he sucked. But Melo isn't here this year. Who gets the blame now?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy