Author Thread
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
5/26/2019  10:41 AM
Congrats DJ STFU
Kawhi gets last laff....
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/26/2019  11:03 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Kawhi has been amazing.

There's something to be said about postseason experience. Toronto has just been more composed. Plus Kawhi is letting people know he's been here before lol

It also helps that he doesn’t seem to experience any emotional highs at all. It’s great for clutch performances but then when it’s over, it makes him look like he doesn’t give a sheot he just achieved a great accomplishment. Awkward. Lol

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/26/2019  12:05 PM
Win or not why do we assume Kawhi stays? Lose its more appealing to stay if he enjoys it.
Win, its all been done. Kawhi the kind f dude that can go “been real, wonderful time, thank you. Now I’m going to try to win with three teams”. Lose its “been real, wonderful time, thank you, I’m like any of you, I want to live where I want to live. I’ll have my agency write a nice good bye piece and thank the fans.”

Just my take. Personally I’d like to see him with Knick!!!!

Glad to see Raptors win. I picked them to win it all as. Thought GSW health luck runs out. Let’s just say one more injury to their core makes them very vulnerable. I think the ball they are playing without KD was not sustainable a full season. Its how they lost a few years ago. With him Curry can step up fresh. He looked great!!!

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/26/2019  1:12 PM
Nalod wrote:Win or not why do we assume Kawhi stays?

Raptors have his Bird Rights. Huge issue.

Also the league administration wants Canadian fans in general to get more invested in the NBA. They want to expand the game outside the US as much as possible.

He left big money on the table leaving SA. He'll be offered a boatload of secret crypto to offset his Super Max loss and the league will push some brand to give him a big endorsement deal to stay in Canada.

He may leave, but he will leave the most money possible on the table to do so.

Nalod
USA
5/26/2019  2:21 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:Win or not why do we assume Kawhi stays?

Raptors have his Bird Rights. Huge issue.

Also the league administration wants Canadian fans in general to get more invested in the NBA. They want to expand the game outside the US as much as possible.

He left big money on the table leaving SA. He'll be offered a boatload of secret crypto to offset his Super Max loss and the league will push some brand to give him a big endorsement deal to stay in Canada.

He may leave, but he will leave the most money possible on the table to do so.

Why couldn’t Knicks or Clippers do conspiracy Crypto money to offset what ever is lacking if not super max, also his bird rights? COuld he not do a player opt out after 3 years to get more years on a longer term deal??

Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

5/26/2019  3:33 PM
Nalod wrote:Win or not why do we assume Kawhi stays? Lose its more appealing to stay if he enjoys it.
Win, its all been done. Kawhi the kind f dude that can go “been real, wonderful time, thank you. Now I’m going to try to win with three teams”. Lose its “been real, wonderful time, thank you, I’m like any of you, I want to live where I want to live. I’ll have my agency write a nice good bye piece and thank the fans.”

Just my take. Personally I’d like to see him with Knick!!!!

Glad to see Raptors win. I picked them to win it all as. Thought GSW health luck runs out. Let’s just say one more injury to their core makes them very vulnerable. I think the ball they are playing without KD was not sustainable a full season. Its how they lost a few years ago. With him Curry can step up fresh. He looked great!!!

Kawhi STAYS a Raptor! Win the Finals Kawhi receive MVP, and a chance to repeat. Lose in the Finals knowing u have a great core of teammates and coaches to do it again next season .. Plus receiving crazy $$$ Canadian endorsements over the off-season for resigning.

I'm already looking forward to the match-up of Siakam's 2-Way hustle vs Draymond Green's all-around star performance.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/27/2019  10:25 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/kawhi-leonards-sister-deletes-video-041635270.html

Kawhi Leonard's sister deletes video that hints he'll leave Raptors

Ali Thanawalla

NBC Sports BayAreaMay 26, 2019, 9:16 PM PDT

Kawhi Leonard's sister deletes video that hints he'll leave Raptors originally appeared on nbcsportsbayarea.com

The Toronto Raptors knew the risks when they traded for Kawhi Leonard last summer.

Raptors president Masai Ujiri knew Leonard would be an unrestricted free agent this upcoming summer, and that the former NBA Finals MVP with the San Antonio Spurs could leave after only one season in Toronto.

And while Ujiri and Raptors fans hope their first NBA Finals berth will be enough to convince Leonard to stay in Canada, a video has surfaced that might indicate that he already has decided to leave after the best-of-seven series against the Warriors.

In a video that since has been deleted, Leonard's sister, Miesha Slayton, appears to be answering questions on Instagram Live when a voice in the background shouts this out:

"They know darn well he ain't gonna be there next year," the unidentified male voice says.

The LakersEmpire Twitter account was able to preserve the video, and you can watch it here:

Kawhi's sister but listen closely to the background

"they know darn well he ain't gonna be there next year" pic.twitter.com/5Xq4SSo6Zy

— Lakers Empire (@LakersEmpire) May 26, 2019

Leonard's sister, whose Instagram handle is @mztwotwo, has made her account private.

If Leonard has in fact already decided to leave the Raptors, then Toronto fans should savor the next four to seven games. Without Leonard, it's hard to see a way the Raptors would contend for the Eastern Conference crown next season.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/28/2019  3:55 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:D’Antoni sucks. Will do anything to keep his job.

I've read that the owner wanted to another season and Morey wanted a complete purge. I guess this move was sort of a compromise. I'm thinking the Rockets should consider changing the GM position too.

For me, when the owner and GM are not on the same page, it's a cluster.

Who keeps a head coach and fires his assistants?

This has become a joke. Just buy out.

https://theathletic.com/996950/2019/05/28/sources-rockets-pelicans-pursue-ty-lue-as-an-assistant-but-his-focus-remains-on-a-head-coaching-job/

The Houston Rockets and New Orleans Pelicans have pursued Tyronn Lue for a lead assistant role, but he remains focused on a return to the NBA in a head coaching role.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
5/29/2019  12:15 PM
Lue has big money coming to him from cavs.
Lue won a chip as a role player.
Since he was tied to Lebron his "championship coach" pedigree might be bit tainted.
BigDaddyG

5/29/2019  2:05 PM
Nalod wrote:Lue has big money coming to him from cavs.
Lue won a chip as a role player.
Since he was tied to Lebron his "championship coach" pedigree might be bit tainted.

I think Lue is underrated. I think there are people out there that think he undercut Blatt, along with LeBron. I don't know about that. But if Houston brings Lue, it's to replace . Similar to what we did with Woodson and .

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

5/29/2019  5:50 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-is-open-to-trading-anyone-even-james-harden-chris-paul-161528400.html

GustavBahler

5/29/2019  5:57 PM
BigDaddyG

5/29/2019  11:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-is-open-to-trading-anyone-even-james-harden-chris-paul-161528400.html

I don't understand why these guys are panicking do much. I'm not a fan of by a Longshot, but More is the guy who killed there wing depth from last season. They were close last year and then they went into desperation mode. The Melo move was the first step into desperation and it's continuing.
GustavBahler

5/30/2019  12:01 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-is-open-to-trading-anyone-even-james-harden-chris-paul-161528400.html

I don't understand why these guys are panicking do much. I'm not a fan of by a Longshot, but More is the guy who killed there wing depth from last season. They were close last year and then they went into desperation mode. The Melo move was the first step into desperation and it's continuing.

Harden has yet to erase the doubts about his ability in the clutch, going back to OKC. That should worry Houston more than anything else, since the offense is geared almost entirely around him

I give credit to D'Antoni for changing his coaching philosophy instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Believe he went too far when he gave Harden the freedom to spend so much of the clock dribbling. Paul didnt like that. He has his issues as a teammate (according to some articles) but I tend to agree that letting Harden dominate the ball in the playoffs is eventually bound to fail.

Cant be just Harden and a bunch of glorified backup singers. Thats why Paul probably lost it.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/30/2019  3:20 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't know, I never liked that roster last year even when they were doing well. They look like they've peaked and are about to get into trouble- CP3's contract is horrific (he really took a step down this year and he's still got 3 more years at over $44mil per), and unmovable, so that really only leaves them Gordon's (also declined this year) contract and Capella's. Oh and Tucker's. They have nothing else, they traded away this years first rounder to save money and their owner is ultra cheap. In fact I suspect they're trying to get D'Antoni to quit (rather than just out and out fire him) so they don't have to pay next years salary.

smackeddog
5/30/2019  3:22 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Harden has yet to erase the doubts about his ability in the clutch, going back to OKC. That should worry Houston more than anything else, since the offense is geared almost entirely around him

I give credit to D'Antoni for changing his coaching philosophy instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Believe he went too far when he gave Harden the freedom to spend so much of the clock dribbling. Paul didnt like that. He has his issues as a teammate (according to some articles) but I tend to agree that letting Harden dominate the ball in the playoffs is eventually bound to fail.

Cant be just Harden and a bunch of glorified backup singers. Thats why Paul probably lost it.

problem is how do they add fresh talent? Their owner doesn't want to pay the luxury tax, they're over the cap, and even if they did shift the salary of Capella or Gordon, who honestly wants to play with Harden?- they'd never see the ball.

Nalod
USA
5/30/2019  9:29 AM
Burn it the phuch down! Good for Morey and perhaps the reason why extension for is delayed as he might not want to do a rebuild.
I think they maxed out the talent and extracted a great deal from harden. This team hit the wall and likely can’t go further. Paul is a misery and a good fit for the lakers. Just give him away. Anything more is a bonus.
Capella is expensive luxury and might be injury prone. Harden might yield you great riches in return.
If they don’t seize the moment that team becomes a big problem down the road. Paul’s contract is insane.

If league wants to do these contracts it should not count as full against the cap.
I’m thinking if league wants players to really stay, supermax deals need to have a cap discount. Charlotte could keep Kemba but its the tax and prohibitive to add players for them to do both. Its crazy to think a team can benefit with 34 year olds making 50million.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/30/2019  10:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/31/2019  1:51 AM
GS looks small vs the Rapts....Gasol, Siakam and Ibaka have the advantage on the interior...Rapts would be smart to advantage of their size in the paint. This aint the same Warriors team pre-Durant. A couple of the elite teams in the league caught up to the Warriors team of 3 yrs ago.
JesseDark
Member: #467
5/31/2019  12:00 AM
Uptown wrote:GS looks vs the Rapts....Gasol, Siakam and Ibaka have the advantage on the interior...Rapts would be smart to advantage of their size in the paint. This aint the same Warriors team pre-Durant. A couple of the elite teams in the league caught up to the Warriors team of 3 yrs ago.

Yeah you got that right. Cousins looked like a statue out there for Golden State. I am surprised by the Toronto win cause Kawhi is gimpy.

Bring back dee-fense
smackeddog
5/31/2019  3:19 AM
But... but... but... the warriors are better without KD! they're so much fun to watch! Curry is the greatest player in the nab and KD is holding him back!
Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy