[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/21/2019  2:45 AM
My worry is that in the finals GS struggle/ lose against the Bucks, then KD comes back and they win the series- could be the scenario that stops him leaving GS (as it stops the talk that they would have won without him)
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/21/2019  8:40 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/portland-fbi-agents-installed-a-panic-button-for-enes-kanter-who-faces-death-threats-for-criticism-of-turkey-154008306.html
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/21/2019  10:45 AM
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/portland-fbi-agents-installed-a-panic-button-for-enes-kanter-who-faces-death-threats-for-criticism-of-turkey-154008306.html

More power to Kanter. I hope they protect him.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/21/2019  11:04 AM
smackeddog wrote:My worry is that in the finals GS struggle/ lose against the Bucks, then KD comes back and they win the series- could be the scenario that stops him leaving GS (as it stops the talk that they would have won without him)

KD wants the love that Curry and klay get, and he will never ever get that playing GS.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/21/2019  12:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:My worry is that in the finals GS struggle/ lose against the Bucks, then KD comes back and they win the series- could be the scenario that stops him leaving GS (as it stops the talk that they would have won without him)

KD wants the love that Curry and klay get, and he will never ever get that playing GS.

100%

KD talks about the time he went to Rucker Park for pickup and felt the love. IMHO it's a top factor for him wanting NY

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/21/2019  1:39 PM
He can even get Kevin Love........Love is all you need!
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/21/2019  6:09 PM
Nalod wrote:He can even get Kevin Love........Love is all you need!

NY Love is all u need! .. not Keven Love!
It will be easy for Durant to mentor Knox into performing like Keven Love in one season.

The winners of the WCF 4-0 SWEEP the GS Warriors trio of the Splash-Brothers and Draymond Green are performing on a Super high level same as the Buck MVP Giannis .. 3 against 1

smackeddog
5/23/2019  11:29 AM
It's kind of scary that Kawhi's quad injury seems to be back (even though he's trying to fight through it)- he missed a whole season to try and get it right, it's now another full season later after that and yet it still hasn't gone away. if you look at when it first flared up, we're talking 4 or 5 years! Will it hold out for the length of his new contract?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/23/2019  5:55 PM
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2019  9:20 PM
Toronto is looking good. Thought they should have won game 1.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/23/2019  9:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2019  9:50 PM

I would be surprised if KD comes back this year...Seems like GS or his agent is trying to protect KD by calling the injury a calf strain...Looked like an achilles injury to me. The way he looked down at the back of his leg when he was running back up the court, looked like a typical achilles injury. Most athletes who suffered the same injury have said as much. If you go back and look at the film, KD grabbed at his achilles not his calf...

CrushAlot
USA
5/23/2019  10:37 PM
Siakam is awesome.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/23/2019  10:58 PM
Brogdan with the major F up.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
5/23/2019  11:05 PM
Wow. Huge win for the Raptors. If not for a freak game by Bropez this series is over.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/23/2019  11:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. Huge win for the Raptors. If not for a freak game by Bropez this series is over.

Yep, this game changes the narrative quite a bit. I don't expect Vanleet to keep this up tho.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
5/23/2019  11:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. Huge win for the Raptors. If not for a freak game by Bropez this series is over.

Yep, this game changes the narrative quite a bit. I don't expect Vanleet to keep this up tho.

Kind of like Brook in game one. This series should be 4-1 Raptors in my opinion. I thik the Raptors eked it on Saturday.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/24/2019  2:03 AM
Uptown wrote:

I would be surprised if KD comes back this year...Seems like GS or his agent is trying to protect KD by calling the injury a calf strain...Looked like an achilles injury to me. The way he looked down at the back of his leg when he was running back up the court, looked like a typical achilles injury. Most athletes who suffered the same injury have said as much. If you go back and look at the film, KD grabbed at his achilles not his calf...

I’ve had this exact thought on my mind. But it would be kinda shady for GS to lie about it until the end. What if, conspiracy theory alert, the lie is carried to free agency? I know teams should do physical exams on players before signing, though, so the truth should be out sometime during the Finals.

But what are the consequences of that injury? Hiding it seems more like a FA thing than a Playoffs worry. That injury is huge and could have a big impact on the FA market if it were more than the calf.

Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
5/24/2019  4:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2019  4:19 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I’ve had this exact thought on my mind. But it would be kinda shady for GS to lie about it until the end. What if, conspiracy theory alert, the lie is carried to free agency? I know teams should do physical exams on players before signing, though, so the truth should be out sometime during the Finals.

But what are the consequences of that injury? Hiding it seems more like a FA thing than a Playoffs worry. That injury is huge and could have a big impact on the FA market if it were more than the calf.

Yeah, I've been suspicious of that as well- would certainly fit with the Knicks luck! I think (and I could be working) all the rumors of KD phoning to recruit players to NY and the secret meeting etc all started after his injury, which, if true, would indicate he knows he's not returning this series which is why his attention has shifted to free agency.

Why would the Warriors lie? Keeps their opponents on their toes (is KD coming back or not? Is cousin's coming back or not), and to maintain morale- remember when it first happened there was uncertainty as to whether the Warriors could step up without him, as soon as they did then Kerr suddenly said "oh the injury is slightly worse than we originally thought")

smackeddog
5/24/2019  4:16 AM
Oh man, I was hoping for a swift Bucks win so Kawhi would leave Toronto. Now the Bucks are choking, it's likely Kawhi will stay.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/24/2019  9:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2019  9:57 AM
smackeddog wrote:Oh man, I was hoping for a swift Bucks win so Kawhi would leave Toronto. Now the Bucks are choking, it's likely Kawhi will stay.

Kawhi is a game-optimal player. Star who does everything right on the court. Pop pupil.
He can come to NY only because Perry is the man of the same mentality. They match very well.
He is probably the only one who can handle NY media and NY environment in general from all top FA available.
He should be FO main FA target. You get him and you get any other star you want because he is probably the one who all of them want to play with.
He does not look like a guy who will take the team hostage and push his personal agenda.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy