Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/14/2019  11:20 AM
Kemet wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kanter is on a team that is going to the West Conf. finals.
With us we were going nowhere.
With us he eats up cap space we using to attract new players.
There might be a time we can install waived players as insurance as not to derail our season. POrtand was a damn good team before he got to it, and is a damn good time with him on it. As good as he is he was not able to help our cause. Giving his minutes to Mitch was more important.
He was not the cause of our problems but was not the solution either.

Kanter is going to the WCF .. Kanter's performance are the sole reason (the Lillard & McCollum) Blazers are going to the WCF !!!
The Knick HATERS need to get a back seat next to the NBA Basketball Clueless Dolan & Mills Loser excuses !!!

How is a knick hater clueless? Kanter was not the cause of our problems, but he was not the solution. Few if any blamed Kanter on the knicks lack of success.
Portland was successful before he got there. He did not bring them down, and he did a great job but I don't think he elevated them.

Knicks were a bad team with him and a bad team without him. He did not bring knicks down and he sure did not elevate us. So Where is the issue again?

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
USA
5/14/2019  11:23 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Kemet wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Another great game. I thought Philly was going to pull it off. Hope the Knicks are back in the playoffs next year.

I wonder if the Sixers keep Butler and/or Harris

A crushing loss to the 76ers .. I thought the game was going into over-time, but Kahwi bounce-bounce shot took the Raptors to the ECF .. The tandem of Kawhi & Siakam vs Giannis & Middleton will be a dynamic series to watch .. although, Lowry & Bledsoe skills/talent may be boring at times.

My thoughts are the 76ers will resign Butler, and hunt for a starter PF in FA or trade, Harris asking price as a SF may sign with a team like the Nets or Lakers.

This shot kinda reminded me of the H20 shot against the sHEAT. Obviously not the way it was shot but the levity and the bounce bounce part.

It was fun to watch!! I don't have a dog in that fight but it was a great tense filled game. Fun to see the people in the streets reaction! Gut wrenching for the Sixers and their fans. Toronto had it tough with Lebron haunting them but still have the Bucks to contend with.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/15/2019  6:28 AM
Couldn’t watch last nights game but it looked like a bad night for Kanter based on sportscenter
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/15/2019  9:31 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Couldn’t watch last nights game but it looked like a bad night for Kanter based on sportscenter

Kanter is useless against modern NBA offenses.
He cannot stay on the court against Warriors and Rockets alike.
Its a textbook of new NBA.
It was OK match up for him with slow Joker and mid range game of Nuggets guards.
It is not Kanter's fault except of being lazy and clueless on team defense.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
5/15/2019  11:54 AM
Kanter has done well as a back up center. Its who he is. A 17 win team did him a favor for him to latch on to a contending team as a back up and it was a great move for Portland!
Going forward they get their guy back at some point. Collins is their future. Kanter is a journeyman who should find a spot in the league. If he wanted to get paid, and he might have it was not going to be in NY.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/15/2019  6:37 PM
What a crock. Blazers dont make the WCF without Kanter, does not happen. Got through two good teams, did a good job defending an MVP candidate on a busted shoulder, and while fasting. Defended P&Rs.

One game vs the defending champs, after a tough 7 game series, and some of you are back to saying he doesn't belong in the league. Weak.

arkrud
USA
5/15/2019  9:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2019  9:40 PM
GustavBahler wrote:What a crock. Blazers dont make the WCF without Kanter, does not happen. Got through two good teams, did a good job defending an MVP candidate on a busted shoulder, and while fasting. Defended P&Rs.

One game vs the defending champs, after a tough 7 game series, and some of you are back to saying he doesn't belong in the league. Weak.

This is true. Kanter belongs to NBA but cannot be used against the top offenses and the direction the NBA game is progressing is not for centers with Kanter defenseless skill set. Useful - yes. For some match-ups. I think it was a good pickup for Portland for chip and with nothing else available in their difficult center situation.
Moving forward... they do not need him so are most of the good teams.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2019  3:01 AM
I don't think we have much of a shot at Kawhi, but to even have the remotest chance we need the Bucks to beat the Craptors- so I'm glad they won, just 3 more wins to go
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/17/2019  9:36 PM
smackeddog wrote:I don't think we have much of a shot at Kawhi, but to even have the remotest chance we need the Bucks to beat the Craptors- so I'm glad they won, just 3 more wins to go

The Craptors are getting their arses handed to them as we speak.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/17/2019  10:24 PM
Nalod wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kanter is on a team that is going to the West Conf. finals.
With us we were going nowhere.
With us he eats up cap space we using to attract new players.
There might be a time we can install waived players as insurance as not to derail our season. POrtand was a damn good team before he got to it, and is a damn good time with him on it. As good as he is he was not able to help our cause. Giving his minutes to Mitch was more important.
He was not the cause of our problems but was not the solution either.

Kanter is going to the WCF .. Kanter's performance are the sole reason (the Lillard & McCollum) Blazers are going to the WCF !!!
The Knick HATERS need to get a back seat next to the NBA Basketball Clueless Dolan & Mills Loser excuses !!!

How is a knick hater clueless? Kanter was not the cause of our problems, but he was not the solution. Few if any blamed Kanter on the knicks lack of success.
Portland was successful before he got there. He did not bring them down, and he did a great job but I don't think he elevated them.

Knicks were a bad team with him and a bad team without him. He did not bring knicks down and he sure did not elevate us. So Where is the issue again?

I watched a low IQ KP improve his performance game after game playing alongside Kanter.
Kanter wasn't the problem .. coach Hornacek wasn't the problem, Horn wanted to win games but the Knicks front-office were looking at how deep the 2018 draft were so the Knicks Tank to get a Top 10 pick, by adding a BUST PG Mudiay to team on the trading deadline, and made him a starter to get the 9th pick in the draft. Knick fans forgot that Mudiay's performance in the western conference wasn't worthy to tie any of the West coast guards sneaker for a win (The same with DSJr in the western conference).
At the end of the season the front office hired a 3rd Tier head-coach Fizdale (who were FIRED 15 games into the regular season) to guide a fully loaded young-core roster throughout the 2018-19 season to get a 17 win season.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/17/2019  10:34 PM
Wow....Giannis is scary! Makes Kawhi look mortal.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/18/2019  12:06 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow....Giannis is scary! Makes Kawhi look mortal.

A extra WOW from me .. Giannis been performing above the NBA level from the start of the regular season games. Tonight, Giannis played excellent team-ball from tip-off till the final 6 min of the game for the 125 - 103 WIN .. Give him the MVP .. he got my vote !!!
Bucks lead series 2-0

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

5/18/2019  7:37 AM
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow....Giannis is scary! Makes Kawhi look mortal.

A extra WOW from me .. Giannis been performing above the NBA level from the start of the regular season games. Tonight, Giannis played excellent team-ball from tip-off till the final 6 min of the game for the 125 - 103 WIN .. Give him the MVP .. he got my vote !!!
Bucks lead series 2-0

Bucks GM deserves a lot of credit as well. That bench and free agents he picked up are a great fit.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
5/18/2019  7:56 AM
Not sure what’s more impressive, The genius of adding Bropez or the shocking stupidity of the Lakers letting him walk?
wargames
Member: #6053

5/18/2019  10:43 AM
Nalod wrote:Not sure what’s more impressive, The genius of adding Bropez or the shocking stupidity of the Lakers letting him walk?

The Lakers. They’ve let a lot of talent go chasing a mid 30’s LeBron and when they finally got him they’ve been clown shoes as an organization since.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
USA
5/19/2019  9:29 PM
The raptors always seem to miss a lot of big shots.
CrushAlot
USA
5/19/2019  10:05 PM
Raptors have nothing on offense without Kawhi.
arkrud
USA
5/20/2019  10:21 AM
Looking at players like Draymond, Giannis, and Leonard performing in playoffs it became very clear what wins the championship.
Energy and will to win every single minute every single game by this true leaders is the key.
It inspires the whole team, the whole building. If it comes on top of available talent then you see the dynasty.
Portland just doesn't have it and when Giannis or Leonard are tired it affects the whole team.
Gives me the flashes of this Knicks of 90th when we had The Man with this quality and group of players with luck of skills but tons of energy.
The energy alone made them competitive against superior talent.
From the group of top FAs this year only Leonard and may be KD (however he did not get a chance yet to prove it) seems to have this energy and drive. We should keep searching for this no matter how long it will take to find this personality.
The rest are technicalities.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/20/2019  10:37 AM
CrushAlot wrote:The raptors always seem to miss a lot of big shots.

Yep. I like Siakam, but he's still developing. The three point range is impressive, but I think Giannuis has him too scared to go inside. Lowry is hitting his threes now, but he runs hot and cold.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/20/2019  11:53 PM
Nice run by the Blazers, considering all the injuries. Im guessing Kanter will be in the league next season.

Will be interesting to see if Durant is back at all for the playoffs. Will be interesting to see who actually bails on the Warriors.

They have time to rest, even without KD, GS has the firepower to win it all. Might get Cousins back for the finals as well.

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy