[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Give Melo somthing......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/11/2019  12:01 PM
I was never for the big trade here and hate how it all went down with his NTC and what not.
Its all history.
I don't advocate for his jersey to be retired here as the team never really accomplished much in his tenure. In my view Melo is in H20-Larry Johnson-Spree-King type reverence. Love King but was only here 2.5 seasons. Retired jersey's are reserved for the gods that are in the HOF and are celebrated down the canyon of heroes.
But......
Give him a night when he is officially retired. Not just for him but for the fans.
"Starphuch" or not he was a mostly admired and liked. As a Knick I thought he was true to who he was and gave us what he had.
He is first ballot statistically HOF player who defined an era here for 7 seasons. Fans bought tickets to see him, so why not make nice and give them a good night to those that loved him. In contrast to the scowling Starbury, I thought Melo handled his departure in a professional manner and while we hated the NTC it was what it was and he made the best of it without too much drama.
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/11/2019  12:25 PM
I never was on-board with Melo as a player and as a person.
I do not like the brand of bbal he represent and do not consider it entertaining.
And I am not a fan of his personality and consider that he and his agencies did much more harm for the Knicks that good.
I do agree that he always was a very talented player and one of the best shooters/scorers in NBA history.
However he will never be associated with my Knicks fandom.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/11/2019  12:27 PM
What? Let give Starbury a night too and Crawford. let's give Jerome James a night How about Amare. Why not Lin.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/11/2019  12:32 PM
Vmart wrote:What? Let give Starbury a night too and Crawford. let's give Jerome James a night How about Amare. Why not Lin.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/11/2019  12:41 PM
Marv wrote:
Vmart wrote:What? Let give Starbury a night too and Crawford. let's give Jerome James Eddy Curry a night How about Amare. Why not Lin.

fixed

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/11/2019  12:48 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Marv wrote:
Vmart wrote:What? Let give Starbury a night too and Crawford. let's give Jerome James Eddy Curry a night How about Amare. Why not Lin.

fixed

it's just one man's opinion but i think you're worshipping the wrong hero there.
nychamp
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2556

4/11/2019  12:53 PM
Nalod wrote:In my view Melo is in H20-Larry Johnson-Spree-King type reverence.

Strongly disagree. LJ, Spree and Houston contributed to winning. I don't wish him any ill, but the Melo era was unremarkable and highly disappointing, not totally due to him but yes in some measure. More of a Marbury type, minus the crazy. Long life and happiness Melo, it's been real. No ceremony though.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/11/2019  12:59 PM
Marv wrote:
Vmart wrote:What? Let give Starbury a night too and Crawford. let's give Jerome James a night How about Amare. Why not Lin.
there was no way that was not gonna woke you
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/11/2019  1:01 PM
nychamp wrote:
Nalod wrote:In my view Melo is in H20-Larry Johnson-Spree-King type reverence.

Strongly disagree. LJ, Spree and Houston contributed to winning. I don't wish him any ill, but the Melo era was unremarkable and highly disappointing, not totally due to him but yes in some measure. More of a Marbury type, minus the crazy. Long life and happiness Melo, it's been real. No ceremony though.

Talent and point totals. They contributed to wining because the team was constructed as such.
Any way Im talking a half time video and a brief speech, not a ceremony. Not a winning culture to build on. Recognize as individual talent.
Video, Microphone, A golden headband (Plated "Mooby" Gold) and a round of applause. "Melo night: Coming Home and then asked to leave"

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/11/2019  1:12 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Marv wrote:

fixed

The list is long if your going to honor ineptitude. The nuggets have more reasons to honor Melo than the Knicks.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/11/2019  3:01 PM
NFW

HE MADE HIS BED

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/11/2019  3:09 PM
Much as I got annoyed with him, it does feel wrong that his career ended with such a whimper, especially looking at the endings wade and dirk got (although they are champions). Whether you like him or not, it’s important to treat him well (just to show other FAs that we treat players right). Weird how quickly his career ended
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/11/2019  3:14 PM
Vmart wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Marv wrote:

fixed

The list is long if your going to honor ineptitude. The nuggets have more reasons to honor Melo than the Knicks.

I thought this list was based off ineptitude/entertainment value. James sucked, but he put an occasional smile on my face. That ice cream and cake video always made me laugh. I can't think of anything remotely positive about the Eddy Curry fiasco.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/11/2019  3:32 PM
He may not deserve his # retired, but I don't think a video tribute should be denied.

some don't realize this but, there hasn't been a player since Allan Houston (18 yrs ago) to play 6 yrs with the knicks, and we have ran through more than a 150+ players since Allan retired

ES
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
4/11/2019  4:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Marv wrote:

fixed

I was hoping somebody would give our superhero, Eddie Curry, his props. What an incredible storied career.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
4/11/2019  4:19 PM
fishmike wrote:
Marv wrote:
there was no way that was not gonna woke you

Hopefully the Big Game, Jerome james is hitting game winners somewhere in the Big 3. He probably is.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/11/2019  5:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:Much as I got annoyed with him, it does feel wrong that his career ended with such a whimper, especially looking at the endings wade and dirk got (although they are champions). Whether you like him or not, it’s important to treat him well (just to show other FAs that we treat players right). Weird how quickly his career ended

100% disagree. Just completely, completely different situations. For starters wade and dirk are being treated by their original team. Let Denver do something for him they at least got some meaningful assets in return for him

Melo was a prima donna who didn't like sharing the spotlight and put his own stats and interests way before the team's -- and not just in the Phil era. It would be a huge discredit to all the true Knicks who got recongition

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/11/2019  10:03 PM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Much as I got annoyed with him, it does feel wrong that his career ended with such a whimper, especially looking at the endings wade and dirk got (although they are champions). Whether you like him or not, it’s important to treat him well (just to show other FAs that we treat players right). Weird how quickly his career ended

100% disagree. Just completely, completely different situations. For starters wade and dirk are being treated by their original team. Let Denver do something for him they at least got some meaningful assets in return for him

Melo was a prima donna who didn't like sharing the spotlight and put his own stats and interests way before the team's -- and not just in the Phil era. It would be a huge discredit to all the true Knicks who got recongition

Totally disagree. Melo winning player of the months in April while his teammates broke down and getting the team in the playoffs has to count for something. Other than Grunwald, the guys assembling the teams around Melo were really bad. Imagine if your best teammates are flu and JR Smith.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2019  10:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Totally disagree. Melo winning player of the months in April while his teammates broke down and getting the team in the playoffs has to count for something. Other than Grunwald, the guys assembling the teams around Melo were really bad. Imagine if your best teammates are flu and JR Smith.

Man that team was a perfect mix of defense, shooting and roll players for Melo. Kidd, Felton, Kenyon, Novak, Prigioni, Ronnie Brewer, Sheed, Camby, KT with JR and Chandler. Too bad Amare was broke

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/12/2019  3:06 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:

yep, would Wade and Dirk have won championships if they'd only had Melo's team mates? Nope!

Give Melo somthing......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy