[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

May 14th... what would be disapointing to you?
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/3/2019  8:14 AM
I personally would be thrilled with the first or second pick. I would not be in love with the 3rd and pretty pissed with the 4th or 5th pick. I think both Zion and Ja CAN BE stars in the NBA and I am not entirely sure about Barrett, even though I like him a lot.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
4/3/2019  8:39 AM
Zion or go full Hinkie and trade the pick for more picks. Zion could be the first truly two-way star player we draft since Ewing (excluding KP). And from what I've read and heard from him in interviews, he seems to have the mindset and the personality to handle NYC.

Barrett doesn't strike me as the same level as Zion defensively (which obviously is an unfair comparison) and Ja has been rated as la-de-da defensively. No thanks.

I wonder WTF was guarding Zion in practice all year?

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/3/2019  9:12 AM
We need a top 3 pick.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/3/2019  9:32 AM
Knixkik wrote:We need a top 3 pick.

Agree. Perry acquired the steal of last year's draft, Mitch. The scouting staff has done a great job of finding talent, with limited resources. Out of the top 3, and I wouldn't mind if Perry traded down and looked for more diamonds in the rough.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/3/2019  10:16 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Agree. Perry acquired the steal of last year's draft, Mitch. The scouting staff has done a great job of finding talent, with limited resources. Out of the top 3, and I wouldn't mind if Perry traded down and looked for more diamonds in the rough.

I agree. I admit, i will be really bummed if we don't get Zion. That said, we will still get a great prospect with a top 3 pick. For me, it's Zion, RJ, Ja, or bust

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/3/2019  10:38 AM

anything less, I'm trading the pick

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/3/2019  10:40 AM
Ecstatic if we get 1st, Happy if we get 2 or 3 (though would consider trading for AD), disappointed if we end up 4th, furious but not surprised if we end up 5th.

Like I've said a few times- golden rule seems to be, take the number of top players in a draft, and 1 and that's where the Knicks pick. So in this case it's a 3 man draft, so prepare for 4th at best.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/3/2019  11:01 AM
Culver should be in the mix as a elite prospect. He has shown a higher IQ than Barrett and better craft/footwork. Comes from a defensive first environment. Has strong playmaking ability. Has very similar structure to what Donovan Mitchell came from.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
4/3/2019  11:41 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Culver should be in the mix as a elite prospect. He has shown a higher IQ than Barrett and better craft/footwork. Comes from a defensive first environment. Has strong playmaking ability. Has very similar structure to what Donovan Mitchell came from.

I’d be cool with getting him but how is he impacting our team? Do free agents have any idea who he is? Is he a possible ROY candidate?

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/3/2019  11:48 AM
ok just because im bored at work, what if we get like number three and was able to trade it plus a player or two to atl for numbers 4 and 5 and get like reddish and culver, two flawed but supposedly gonna be great a shooting guard and a small forward to go with dsj mitch and knox at pf. boy does that suck lol
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/3/2019  12:19 PM
No Zion No Ja, I’m trading the pick.
4th or 5th pick, all of us plotting to blow up NBA draft lottery HQ 😂
Bummed if we don’t get Zion- absolutely
Live with Ja - yes
5th pick - start go fund me to buy Knicks
Lakers Mavs Cavs Bulls with top 2 pick - tweet anti Middle East sentiment on MagicJ’s, Cuban’s, Gilbert’s, Paxson’s behalf to coerce fatwa issuance from Mecca
Hawks with top 2 - go to each hawks game and boo the hell out of pick
Suns with #1 - hack suns website and change to show cam reddish as draft pick with Kent bazemore signed to max salary
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/3/2019  12:25 PM
smackeddog wrote:Ecstatic if we get 1st, Happy if we get 2 or 3 (though would consider trading for AD), disappointed if we end up 4th, furious but not surprised if we end up 5th.

Like I've said a few times- golden rule seems to be, take the number of top players in a draft, and 1 and that's where the Knicks pick. So in this case it's a 3 man draft, so prepare for 4th at best.

it looks like a 4 man draft and we are likely 5th (time will tell)
1) Zion (duh)
2-4) Culver, Ja, RJ
5) hmmmmm.... I see considerable drop off
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/3/2019  12:32 PM
I'd be kind of disappointed if we didn't get a top-3 pick, mostly because I don't really have a good sense of who'd we'd be looking at in the 4th or 5th spot. I'd be happy with John Wall-type upside of Morant, the DeRozan/T-Mac upside of Barrett, or whatever Zion will be (I have a feeling that he'll be 18-25ppg scorer, but I don't know what else you'll get with that).

Beyond those 3, I'm not really quite sure what you'll get.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/3/2019  12:35 PM
technomaster wrote:I'd be kind of disappointed if we didn't get a top-3 pick, mostly because I don't really have a good sense of who'd we'd be looking at in the 4th or 5th spot. I'd be happy with John Wall-type upside of Morant, the DeRozan/T-Mac upside of Barrett, or whatever Zion will be (I have a feeling that he'll be 18-25ppg scorer, but I don't know what else you'll get with that).

Very possible Culver is a top 3. I dont see why RJ is better than he is and Ja will have defensive concerns (although he's pretty sick)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718

4/3/2019  12:49 PM
fishmike wrote:
technomaster wrote:I'd be kind of disappointed if we didn't get a top-3 pick, mostly because I don't really have a good sense of who'd we'd be looking at in the 4th or 5th spot. I'd be happy with John Wall-type upside of Morant, the DeRozan/T-Mac upside of Barrett, or whatever Zion will be (I have a feeling that he'll be 18-25ppg scorer, but I don't know what else you'll get with that).

Very possible Culver is a top 3. I dont see why RJ is better than he is and Ja will have defensive concerns (although he's pretty sick)

Depends on whether he shows out in the next 2 games assuming Texas wins. Last game 5 of 19
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

4/3/2019  12:49 PM
Also we haven’t yet explored Europe if anyone is special
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/3/2019  1:57 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Depends on whether he shows out in the next 2 games assuming Texas wins. Last game 5 of 19

I do agree on Culver. He could make this a 4-player draft.

TPercy
Member: #5748

4/3/2019  2:28 PM
fishmike wrote:

Been high on him myself the only thing is that RJ is a better dribbler and shot creator than culver with more athleticism but the issue with Rj is that his decision making is a lot more questionable and he is more inefficient. The question you ask is does RJ have a better chance of improving his decision making to reach his Allstar potential or can Culver develop as a shot creator? My bet is on Culver.

The Future is Bright!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/3/2019  3:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/3/2019  3:33 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Culver should be in the mix as a elite prospect. He has shown a higher IQ than Barrett and better craft/footwork. Comes from a defensive first environment. Has strong playmaking ability. Has very similar structure to what Donovan Mitchell came from.

I’d be cool with getting him but how is he impacting our team? Do free agents have any idea who he is? Is he a possible ROY candidate?

I wasn't really weighing his impact on FA. I was mostly stating I believe that there are 4 elite prospects not 3. That I would take Culver over Barrett. Barrett comes off more as a guy that has gotten away with being a man amongst boys more so than due to craft. While Culver comes off as a prospect that has the craft, size, and IQ.

In terms of FA. It all comes down to if Durant wants to come here or not. I think if he does it more so to pair up with a Kyrie who seems to be in his ear on it. With the purpose of doing the *impossible* winning a chip with the Knicks to boost his legacy to legendary.

PS. Nobody is stopping Zion from ROY lol. Barring injury

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/3/2019  3:37 PM
I think it is luydicrous that the team with the worst record has a better chance of picking 5th then to pick in the top 3....just stupid.

I think, Zion, JA, RJ, outsid eof thsoe 3 (maybe Reddish) - trade the pick and try and get 2 back, 1 this year and 1 next.

May 14th... what would be disapointing to you?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy