[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Knicks just need to lose 8 more games...
Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/22/2019  10:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2019  10:59 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Josiah31 wrote:Morant show you enough? Had a triple double. 19 points, 16 assists, and 12 Reb. He looked really good! He either scored or assisted on 53 of their points. Crazy.

I would actual pick him over Zion because he is needed in this ISO heavy system FIZ allows, I would rather see him dishing and swishing as oppose to Zion trying go one on one, or KD, or who ever we get.

Zion shows signs of possible greatness exactly because of his team oriented play. Same with KD.
You do not know what are you talking about.
Not sure about you Fiz fixation also. Why you care what transitional development coaches do outside of players development?
If he is not an answer for us when we will have some NBA level roster in couple of years there are a lot of very good coaches always available.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/22/2019  11:15 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Josiah31 wrote:Morant show you enough? Had a triple double. 19 points, 16 assists, and 12 Reb. He looked really good! He either scored or assisted on 53 of their points. Crazy.

I would actual pick him over Zion because he is needed in this ISO heavy system FIZ allows, I would rather see him dishing and swishing as oppose to Zion trying go one on one, or KD, or who ever we get.

Zion shows signs of possible greatness exactly because of his team oriented play. Same with KD.
Not sure about you Fiz fixation also. Why you care what transitional development coaches do outside of players development?
If he is not an answer for us when we will have some NBA level roster in couple of years there are a lot of very good coaches always available.

Dude I said the same thing about trey young last yr, Im not saying KD and Zion are ISO players, but our Guards are, and don't have the vision and IQ of JA morant.

Morant has the IQ of D Wade, he's as athletic as DSJ and westbrook, and the vision of rubio and trey young. He is a PG that will make guys like Mitch and Knox much better players, his IQ is through the roof.

Zion is a sf/pf the same position Knox plays, the same position KD plays(if we get him), that's a unbalance roster with players that don't really fit..

If we draft Zion, i would then trade frank and knox

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/22/2019  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2019  11:30 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Dude I said the same thing about trey young last yr, Im not saying KD and Zion are ISO players, but our Guards are, and don't have the vision and IQ of JA morant.

Morant has the IQ of D Wade, he's as athletic as DSJ and westbrook, and the vision of rubio and trey young. He is a PG that will make guys like Mitch and Knox much better players, his IQ is through the roof.

Zion is a sf/pf the same position Knox plays, the same position KD plays(if we get him), that's a unbalance roster with players that don't really fit..

Zion would still need that PG. It would have to be either Mudiay or we sign Irving and even that’s not a guaranteed awesome pair. People overlook Tre Joness’ importance to Duke way too much.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/22/2019  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2019  11:33 AM
If we end up with the 4th or 5th, is a team of:

C- DeAndre Jordan, Mitch
PF- Durant,
SF- Knox
SG- Dotson, Trier, Frank
PG- Kyrie, DSJr

Plus Hunter or Culver enough? Seems a bit thin.

knicks1248
3/22/2019  1:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2019  1:24 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Zion would still need that PG. It would have to be either Mudiay or we sign Irving and even that’s not a guaranteed awesome pair. People overlook Tre Joness’ importance to Duke way too much.

yes he would, and i'm concern about his lack of perimeter game

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/22/2019  1:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Knox ain't stopping us from us drafting Zion. If he develops, he becomes our third forward and a trade chip. That's like saying DSJ should stop us from drafting Morant, even if the scouts have Morant as the second highest rated prospect. I'm not that high on Morant anyway because of his shot. Fox's shot sucked in college, but his form looked good and he was solid from the line/mid-range. That push shot thing Morant has now will likely need to be overhauled in the NBA.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/22/2019  1:52 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Which will ensure top 5 pick but does nothing much for us. Top pick plus 2 top FAs summer. Anything but Zion...trade the pick

Disagree. I might entertain a trade for AD for the pick and nothing more. Frankly i think that might work. Why would Pels want LA's team (minus Lebron) who has shown they can't win; they can do better. If boston were to throw Tatum at them, that would eb hard to overcome. Pels would have to decide if Tatum > than prospect of generational talent

But putting that trade aside, we absolutely must keep the pick. Ja Morant is exactly the kind of PG we need; will make life easier for everyone else. Also we just need star talent. We don't need depth of mediocre players. And we need stars on rookie deals

(5)(5)
Chandler

3/22/2019  1:55 PM
smackeddog wrote:If we end up with the 4th or 5th, is a team of:

C- DeAndre Jordan, Mitch
PF- Durant,
SF- Knox
SG- Dotson, Trier, Frank
PG- Kyrie, DSJr

Plus Hunter or Culver enough? Seems a bit thin.

Bol Bol?

(5)(5)
Chandler

3/22/2019  1:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knox ain't stopping us from us drafting Zion. If he develops, he becomes our third forward and a trade chip. That's like saying DSJ should stop us from drafting Morant, even if the scouts have Morant as the second highest rated prospect. I'm not that high on Morant anyway because of his shot. Fox's shot sucked in college, but his form looked good and he was solid from the line/mid-range. That push shot thing Morant has now will likely need to be overhauled in the NBA.

Fair point. I'd like to think we oculd fix the shot. We can't fix DSJ or Frank or Mud's court vision though to get Ja's dynamic

(5)(5)
knicks1248
3/22/2019  2:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Does zion have a perimeter shot? are you kidding me, his game isn't going to translate as well in the NBA as Morant.

I want a player that specializes in setting up his teammates, and loves to do it..Zion is more like Amare with better defense, and Amare without steve nash and felton was not as good

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/22/2019  3:08 PM
Amare without Steve Nash or Felton was older and physically shot.
Hard to compare.
Lost on Knicks1248 is the notion that Fiz can coach a team in any other manner except what he has exemplified this season. I can't answer for him. I do recall when MDA had to "Dumb it down" because his players could not play to his system. This example speaks to playing into a system. We have accused coachs of not adapting. For the most part the wins are scarce, but games competitive. If he was rigid its entirely possible the team would be frustrated with itself and its coach. Thus the reason why its possible Fiz is letting these kids run wild. Why he is letting Knox play thru the rookie wall.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/22/2019  5:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Does zion have a perimeter shot? are you kidding me, his game isn't going to translate as well in the NBA as Morant.

I want a player that specializes in setting up his teammates, and loves to do it..Zion is more like Amare with better defense, and Amare without steve nash and felton was not as good

You think it's as important for a pf/center to have three point range as it is for a pg? Not a straight up comparison. Also, Zion has shown much more range as a passer, ball handler initiator than Stoudamire has. Amar'e was an elite finisher, but he really wasn't known for his ball skills. I think Blake/Barkley/LJ are better comparison in terms of Zion's floor game.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/22/2019  6:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Amare didnt try to develop a post-up game until the last 15 minutes of his career. Zion already has one. Check out this article, talks about Zion's BBall IQ.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/colleges/zion-williamson-is-known-for-his-brawn-duke-teammates-respect-him-for-his-brain/2019/03/20/cc65e35c-4a8a-11e9-93d0-64dbcf38ba41_story.html

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/23/2019  5:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Amare didnt try to develop a post-up game until the last 15 minutes of his career. Zion already has one. Check out this article, talks about Zion's BBall IQ.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/colleges/zion-williamson-is-known-for-his-brawn-duke-teammates-respect-him-for-his-brain/2019/03/20/cc65e35c-4a8a-11e9-93d0-64dbcf38ba41_story.html

Some fans tried to mentally prepare themselves for him to be drafted by other team.
To make the very probable disappointment less..
But in fact it will be the biggest disappointment we can have as Knicks fans this year.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/23/2019  6:54 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Zion can be the best player in the NBA in 6 yrs much like Great Freak is arguably today. He is the type that would be in the running for defensive player of the year and still put up 25pts per game. With double digit rebounds and 5-7 ast per game.

He can slide in with other great players and do all the little things if nessesary. Or he can take over games and put the team on his back.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
blkexec
Member: #748
3/25/2019  8:50 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Zion can be the best player in the NBA in 6 yrs much like Great Freak is arguably today. He is the type that would be in the running for defensive player of the year and still put up 25pts per game. With double digit rebounds and 5-7 ast per game.

He can slide in with other great players and do all the little things if nessesary. Or he can take over games and put the team on his back.

Well....based on last nights game. As expected....Taco Falls at 7'6 looks like a lock for defensive player when he gets drafted. He made zion look small.

I think that's a small sample size but zion might have some problems against bigger NBA forwards and centers.

In comparison.....I dont see Ja Morant having an adjustment issue at the next level. Hes similar to the Portland guards of the NBA. Lue William's and Trae Young. The NBA rules cater to the guard play.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
newyorknewyork
3/25/2019  9:21 AM
blkexec wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Well....based on last nights game. As expected....Taco Falls at 7'6 looks like a lock for defensive player when he gets drafted. He made zion look small.

I think that's a small sample size but zion might have some problems against bigger NBA forwards and centers.

In comparison.....I dont see Ja Morant having an adjustment issue at the next level. Hes similar to the Portland guards of the NBA. Lue William's and Trae Young. The NBA rules cater to the guard play.

Taco makes everyone look small, he is 7'6. Zion got the And 1 on him to foul him out the game and most likely sealed the win with that play.

Zion does so many little things that he is gonna get his regardless. He isn't one dimensional. He is gonna get double digit buckets just off motor and physical gifts. His motor is so high. He has to be accounted for every possession all 24 seconds of it on or off ball. But he isn't just an athletic hustle player that needs a PG to set him up. He has the potential to anchor defenses and offenses.

mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
3/25/2019  9:41 AM
The thing that bothers me with Zion is his height. We know he can do the little things and there is no doubt about his energy but how will he fare against forwards that are at least 2-3 inches taller than him in the NBA.
BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2019  9:45 AM
nobody is a lock in the future. Lebron was a rare prodigy start to finish.
OJ Mayo basically stopped growing at age 14.
Manchild JR Reid as a freshman in College never really got better.
Wayne McCoy, at Long Island Lutheran with Reggie Carter in the late 1970's was a 6-8 beast and big time recruit who came to St Johns. He never made it.
Trier, on the cover of New Times Magazine as a child.....Bit recruit to Arizona.....Undrafted.
Zion is like none of the above. More like Lebron as he is killing it at Div. 1 NCAA ball.
He won't dominate like this. Won't take balls away from smaller humans or bully his way in.....but, look at his open court passing, his in the lane slashing, and he hits threes clutch.
I don't love his shot, but he hits it and is 18. Lebron fixed his shot. Jordan got better, and then KOBE who was taken 13th and needed two years before he really broke out.
Nalod does not expect Zion to break out in year one. But he can pass, he can rebound and he can play defense and I expect him to be very good in year one. Not great, not an all star, but solid. Not sure I'd even start him.
I know what Im seeing.

Also Cam Reddish at 6-8, and on defense is impressive. Cam Reddish hit the most important shot last nite. A three when the team was about to fold. We drop to 4 or 5 and boo all you want when we call his name. Reddish might be one of those players stifled in the shadow of Barrett and Zion. In fact I might say every player in the this draft is clearly a step below this kid. Does this make the draft really weak or really about Zion??
I like Culver better than Reddish. The obvious four is zion, Jah, Barrett, and Culver. The rest is not sorted out.
Reddish is on prime time so his exposure is there. Funny, he might be a "Sleeper"!

I have no doubt Zion will have growing pains in the NBA. But my god what a prospect!!!!

newyorknewyork
3/25/2019  1:42 PM
Imagine Zion with players that could actually shoot and space the floor.
The Knicks just need to lose 8 more games...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy