[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giants did a KP trade
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/12/2019  8:34 PM
Gettleman just traded OBJ for the Browns 1st, 3rd and Jabrill Peppers.

Except the Knicks got a better package.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/12/2019  8:37 PM
Saw that. Wow.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/12/2019  10:50 PM
I hated his contract from day one.

Wish we got more, but glad to see the attention whore outta here.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/12/2019  11:08 PM
We should've traded him last year and drafted a rookie QB for a hard reset. Now that it's clear that we need to groom Eli's replacement asap, it doesn't make sense to keep O'Dell. You need a strong veteran QB to pair with OBJ.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/13/2019  5:30 AM
Problem here is it doesnt make sense considering the other moves. Shoring up the line with Solder, Zeitler and getting a stud running back suggest trying to win with Eli and make the playoffs. This trade, letting Collins go, trading apple, snacks say rebuild. So we are neither rebuilding nor winning. The only ray if sunshine is if we stink maybe we can draft a good qb next year.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

3/13/2019  9:23 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:We should've traded him last year and drafted a rookie QB for a hard reset. Now that it's clear that we need to groom Eli's replacement asap, it doesn't make sense to keep O'Dell. You need a strong veteran QB to pair with OBJ.

Hard to agree that you can give up on such a home grown productive weapon. I guess I can understand why the Giants gave him such a big contract if they had questions 7 months ago. They figured that they would get more having him committed. But ****, the hard cap hit is tough. Still hard to lose such an electrifying player. Amd dont understand the mixed signings if they arr going to full rebuild. Would now make sense to release Eli and go full youngins. Will be a great year. Thought the football season would be a relief from the Knicks **** show. At least we jave Kyle. Btw. For those claiming he was a drama queen, agree, but cant think of many WR's, that are that productive,
who are not.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/13/2019  10:48 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:We should've traded him last year and drafted a rookie QB for a hard reset. Now that it's clear that we need to groom Eli's replacement asap, it doesn't make sense to keep O'Dell. You need a strong veteran QB to pair with OBJ.

Hard to agree that you can give up on such a home grown productive weapon. I guess I can understand why the Giants gave him such a big contract if they had questions 7 months ago. They figured that they would get more having him committed. But ****, the hard cap hit is tough. Still hard to lose such an electrifying player. Amd dont understand the mixed signings if they arr going to full rebuild. Would now make sense to release Eli and go full youngins. Will be a great year. Thought the football season would be a relief from the Knicks **** show. At least we jave Kyle. Btw. For those claiming he was a drama queen, agree, but cant think of many WR's, that are that productive,
who are not.

The drama freak that was OBJ was here for what, parts of five whole seasons? And he set or almost set franchise records for everything WR-related; with a broken down Eli. Glad we got that critical 3rd round pick thrown in and someone who's maybe possibly related to Pepper Johnson? Holy ****.
Hopefully we get 2 second rounders and a cup of coffee for Saquan Barkley.

Hofstra, please let the Kyle balloon go already. Funny ****. LMAO.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/13/2019  10:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2019  10:55 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Gettleman just traded OBJ for the Browns 1st, 3rd and Jabrill Peppers.

Except the Knicks got a better package.

Yup. The Giants trade me me feel better about the KP trade. The Knicks got more for an injured player that might become great than the Giants got for a guy who is basically has his ticket punched for the HOF

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/13/2019  10:55 AM
Giants are better off without him. Team killer. Immense talent - immense A hole.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/13/2019  10:55 AM
Also, I think Jabrill Peppers is a great comp to DSJ. I think both are future stars, just maybe not 'generational talents'
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/13/2019  12:14 PM
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

who are not.

The drama freak that was OBJ was here for what, parts of five whole seasons? And he set or almost set franchise records for everything WR-related; with a broken down Eli. Glad we got that critical 3rd round pick thrown in and someone who's maybe possibly related to Pepper Johnson? Holy ****.
Hopefully we get 2 second rounders and a cup of coffee for Saquan Barkley.

Hofstra, please let the Kyle balloon go already. Funny ****. LMAO.

Bro, this is crazy. I know the whole timing thing is crucial for holding good assets but this makes me feel like the draft is useless. I mean, you go through years of striking out with over hyped draft selections. Then you finally get lucky in the draft and get a generational talent. Only to trade him a few years later because he does not fit the timeline.

As for Jake, I mean Kyle, will never let him go! lol. Curious if we take Haskins though. Would be a bigger fan if he was not slower than Eli. Although he did say the right things in the combine interviews and has a good arm. Who knows. Its safe to say Eli on this squad makes no sense unless he gets a huge pay cut and helps groom the next Brady. Thing I hate most is having to listen to Jet fans for a full year on how the Jets are starting a dynasty.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/13/2019  4:39 PM
I like the move. You need good wide receivers not great ones. Offensive line and defense win championships.
howyoudoing
Member: #8744
USA
3/13/2019  6:21 PM
Vmart wrote:I like the move. You need good wide receivers not great ones. Offensive line and defense win championships.

Agreed. Look how many titles Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Andre Johnson, and Julio Jones have won.

Several solid and reliable #2 and #3 receivers can get you as far or farther than a superstar #1 can, and then you get to turn the extra money into OL and DL.

Alias was supposed to be howyoudoin, but I accidentally included the g. Clearly I do not have mad game like Joey...
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/13/2019  7:39 PM
ToddTT wrote:I hated his contract from day one.

Wish we got more, but glad to see the attention whore outta here.

"Attention Whore" -- ahahaha! OBJ, Porzingis, Matt Harvey -- the 3 biggest up and coming NY stars of the past few years are now gone. Fine by me.

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
3/13/2019  10:54 PM
KP trade = miles better
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/14/2019  1:32 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:Problem here is it doesnt make sense considering the other moves. Shoring up the line with Solder, Zeitler and getting a stud running back suggest trying to win with Eli and make the playoffs. This trade, letting Collins go, trading apple, snacks say rebuild. So we are neither rebuilding nor winning. The only ray if sunshine is if we stink maybe we can draft a good qb next year.

Here is the market based perspective ( I am not saying I agree or disagree here, but simply this is how a progressive NFL front office will crunch the cap/money/numbers on it) - The game has shifted into a pro offensive air show. It has become increasingly harder for teams to field an effective modern defense. Many have sold out on fundamental defense and are now just looking for strips/turnovers/picks and hoping splash plays will compensate for what were previously more traditional defensive strategy.

Teams are running a nickel oftentimes as their base defense since so many teams are pushing standard three WR or 2 TE sets are their base offense. This changes the market structure for an already impacted position - cornerbacks. Also the "Move TE" is now a much higher paid position on the field. Teams are also seeing the value of locking up core special teamers like a Matthew Slater type.

The money has to come from somewhere.

The argument being some replacement level WRs at cost control, given the rule/game structure in their favor, with the opportunity cost of the cap space free from not having a large OBJ/Larry Fitz type contract, is worth more than the value of OBJ over a replacement level WR in terms of total impact. This was the complication of Khalil Mack. Outstanding defender but the question becomes can you pay him large money, plus large money to a QB1, and still function cap wise as a team.

The struggle in all of sports is what makes "winning strategy" is often in full conflict with what's marketable to the fans and networks and brands. Spurs brand basketball is fundamental. But classic Duncan/Manu/Parker ball was boring as **** to watch. SSOL Suns were fun as hell, but would never win a ring. Ground and pound might be classic football, but it's going to generate less ratings than an air attack where the scores are driven higher and higher on the average.

The game is not marketable with a ton of injured QBs. And they are hurt all the time anyway. If defenses were let loose without constraints, the QB ranks would be a walking morgue.

Several things that would help. Different cap hit implications to signing bonuses. It would modify the cash hit but not the total cap hit. A form of amnesty clause that rolls over once every two seasons. And roster expansion. The players would get more jobs and some injury reduction with depth, the owners and teams would get a better pipeline to cycle out older players. Still very complicated.

Good trade from a market perspective.

Bad trade from a winning perspective.

That duality usually means some type of systematic dysfunction in place.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/14/2019  10:28 AM
While It bothers me I won't be able to watch Odell anymore in a Giants uniform. Giants got 3 assets and will net 100mil in cap space next off season. With the addition of Peppers. Giants won't need to sign a FA allow Collins to turn into a comp pick. Giants now have 12 draft picks this current draft as well. Odell can turn into 7 players when you combine the 2 picks, Peppers and the cap space saved.

Giants haven't won over the last 2 season with these same players. When the Giants were good 3 seasons ago. Our WRs didn't show up in the playoffs and dropped to many passes. The defense gave up game losing drives after game losing drives time and time again.

All it comes down to is Giants landing their QB(Haskins?). Utilizing the 11 other picks to fill out the roster. Then with our QB & RB, last years & this yrs draft class all on rookie scale. That 100mil in cap can then be used to build a contender around hopefully strong draft classes.

Everyone get hung up on Eli, but he will only be there to mentor the next QB. Giants don't want to spend salary this year. So they won't cut Eli for cap that they don't want to spend until next year when he comes off the books.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/14/2019  10:30 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing them trade one of their 4ths and 5ths for picks in next year's draft. And try and maintain holding around 10 or more picks per draft.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/14/2019  12:16 PM

966,609 likes

obj
So many mixed emotions and feelings. This is all, a lot to process but it is reality. I don’t kno exactly what to say so just gotta keep it real and short. I want to thank the NY giants organization for giving me an opportunity to do what God put me on this earth to do , I want to thank the organization and the owners for everything and especially giving me my first chance to be a part of the NFL. I want thank everyone in that building from the kitchen staff to my main man Jośe! I loved you guys dearly and always will. I gave u my all every Sunday. To the fans, some happy , some not, I just wanna thank u guys for making my experience in NY SOMETHIN ILL NEVER FORGET! To the New Yorkers and REAL NYG fans... you guys will always have a place in my heart, a beautiful city .. a beautiful place Thank You for every last moment and experience. Without them, I wouldn’t be exactly who I am today ! LUV ❤️ ✊🏾

Hey KP! That's how to say bye to your old team and fanbase. Stay woke!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/14/2019  1:29 PM
He got paid and his star in NYC was bigger than he could have done elsewhere!
If Browns are successful he'll be part of something special there. They are hungry for winner.
We all are!
Giants did a KP trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy