[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dolan kicks out a "fan"
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/12/2019  6:28 AM

My latest podcast on Dolan called "The Dolan EP" link is in the tweet. Please take a listen on your way to work today... Opinions on the video?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/12/2019  8:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2019  8:08 AM
Writers have to make a big deal out of to get the ire of the angry fan gullible to react as such.
I thought he handled with with a smile and was trying but Dolan is an ******* and can’t help it.
First off what does selling the team do to change the fortunes of team? Plenty of instances of teams with new owners not having an immeadiate postivive effect. In Sacremento it took a few years to sort out the mistakes.
Old arguement here: “are knicks on the right path” going forward? Does a fan who yells “Sell the team” being rude or stupid? Is it statement of frustration?

What if a fan thanked Dolan? “Hey Dolan, Thank you for not starphuch with insulting quick fixes and being patient with obtaining draft picks and having cap space! We are rooting for you!!?

At the same was this guy trying to get thrown out? Was he trying to insight Dolan for a response? Was Dolan banning this guy a bit over the top. Of course it was. Dolan should be in a box seat and really know fans are frustrated and only “winning” will change attitudes toward him and the team! He could also be a bit more public about the rebuild but it would have to be very measured responses as he could do more to incite fans.

Dolan is an *******. MSG pays no property taxes and thus its “Wrong”. Use the tax thing to upset the middle class hard working guy to hate the rich *******. Maybe Jimmy sells the team and then we get a new rich ******* to hate. MSG not going to sell the building, and if so, they still get the tax credits. Maybe new owner is Russian (we don’t hear anything about Nets owner anymore?), or a chinease national, or a Wall Street tycoon. We hate those guys too, right? IF not, Bondy will see to it.

IM ok with Jimmy but prefer he just stay home and ignore the cat calls. This jimmy staying out of the knicks business is an ok owner for now. winning will solve all the problems. So says Knicks1248 at least.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/12/2019  8:55 AM
Nalod wrote:Writers have to make a big deal out of to get the ire of the angry fan gullible to react as such.
I thought he handled with with a smile and was trying but Dolan is an ******* and can’t help it.
First off what does selling the team do to change the fortunes of team? Plenty of instances of teams with new owners not having an immeadiate postivive effect. In Sacremento it took a few years to sort out the mistakes.
Old arguement here: “are knicks on the right path” going forward? Does a fan who yells “Sell the team” being rude or stupid? Is it statement of frustration?

What if a fan thanked Dolan? “Hey Dolan, Thank you for not starphuch with insulting quick fixes and being patient with obtaining draft picks and having cap space! We are rooting for you!!?

At the same was this guy trying to get thrown out? Was he trying to insight Dolan for a response? Was Dolan banning this guy a bit over the top. Of course it was. Dolan should be in a box seat and really know fans are frustrated and only “winning” will change attitudes toward him and the team! He could also be a bit more public about the rebuild but it would have to be very measured responses as he could do more to incite fans.

Dolan is an *******. MSG pays no property taxes and thus its “Wrong”. Use the tax thing to upset the middle class hard working guy to hate the rich *******. Maybe Jimmy sells the team and then we get a new rich ******* to hate. MSG not going to sell the building, and if so, they still get the tax credits. Maybe new owner is Russian (we don’t hear anything about Nets owner anymore?), or a chinease national, or a Wall Street tycoon. We hate those guys too, right? IF not, Bondy will see to it.

IM ok with Jimmy but prefer he just stay home and ignore the cat calls. This jimmy staying out of the knicks business is an ok owner for now. winning will solve all the problems. So says Knicks1248 at least.

It looked like Dolan was having a pretty bad day, not that it’s an excuse to be an impulsive a-hole. Why else would you let one silly comment bother you like that? The fan is a possible paying customer supposedly not acting disruptive at all. He was basically shaking when speaking to that fan. He almost lacked conviction in his own words but just wanted to kick him out based on his own anger. This strikes me as very weak. I wonder how Dolan would feel if the entire arena chanted “Sell the Team” during the next home game. The last time I was at a Knicks game, the garden security sucked ass and it always has been questionable. Indoubt he’s going to be able to kick out every single fan.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/12/2019  10:35 AM
I am assuming Kevin is the muscle?
Nalod
USA
3/12/2019  11:16 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Writers have to make a big deal out of to get the ire of the angry fan gullible to react as such.

It looked like Dolan was having a pretty bad day, not that it’s an excuse to be an impulsive a-hole. Why else would you let one silly comment bother you like that? The fan is a possible paying customer supposedly not acting disruptive at all. He was basically shaking when speaking to that fan. He almost lacked conviction in his own words but just wanted to kick him out based on his own anger. This strikes me as very weak. I wonder how Dolan would feel if the entire arena chanted “Sell the Team” during the next home game. The last time I was at a Knicks game, the garden security sucked ass and it always has been questionable. Indoubt he’s going to be able to kick out every single fan.

It was like he regretted interacting with the fan at the moment he walked over. He smiled, said it was rude. Fan was "it was an opinion". Not an unreasonable retort. Then Dolan had the guy kicked out and was snarky.

Dolan should have just said "I hate losing also but we rebuilding and its not always a smooth line or painless". Problem with Dolan is he really does get some shyt thrown his way (deservingly) but he seems to forget to be gracious that they are "customers". Thank the guy for his support, his devotion and recognize his frustration. Empathize that its painful for him also!!! Even be cute and say "As long as you support the players I'll take the blame...."
The guy is an ass. But you know half the owners are too. All I know is his idea to hire phil was well intended fundamentally but execution was awful. Good decision, bad outcome. That's better than bad decision/bad outcome. Mills stepping in does not excite anyone because he does not bring "cred" with him but other than Timmy, which was not really that crazy and he did not have his GM in place at the time, I'd say the collective Mills/Perry decisions have been good. Most of us get hung up on "Results". Those pesky facts of course do not support my last statement. My timeline drives my opinion. My timeline gets extended based on the decisions made.
In my mind We reset when Perry came in. To some extent the newest reset was KP trade. The capspace might actually speed things along if we sign one or two top tier FA's.

Fan: "Hey Dolan, Sell the team"....
Dolan: "Make me an offer my other principles can't refuse!".

Fan: "hey Dolan, Sell the team"
Dolan: "Make me an offer"
He had an opportunity to be human. Instead he showed himself to be an ass. Nalod does have to like the owner or not. He has stepped out of the way is good enough for me.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/12/2019  11:26 AM
Check out my "Dolan EP" when you guys get a chance... I'm giving my whole take on it. Tell me what you think. You can follow the stitcher link in the tweet or find it through here https://linktr.ee/diehardknickspodcast
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
howyoudoing
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8744
USA
3/13/2019  2:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2019  6:23 PM
It looked like Dolan was having a pretty bad day, not that it’s an excuse to be an impulsive a-hole. Why else would you let one silly comment bother you like that? The fan is a possible paying customer supposedly not acting disruptive at all. He was basically shaking when speaking to that fan. He almost lacked conviction in his own words but just wanted to kick him out based on his own anger. This strikes me as very weak. I wonder how Dolan would feel if the entire arena chanted “Sell the Team” during the next home game. The last time I was at a Knicks game, the garden security sucked ass and it always has been questionable. I doubt he’s going to be able to kick out every single fan.

There's gonna be like 5,000 people chanting that, no way can he kick them all about. Some dude even made a t-shirt for it lol https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/4401591-sell-the-team?store_id=211431 lol ... not like that would get someone ejected either as could just wear it into the arena under a jacket. Damn I wish I was still in New York.

Alias was supposed to be howyoudoin, but I accidentally included the g. Clearly I do not have mad game like Joey...
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/13/2019  9:17 AM
So the dude and his boys ambush Dolan, filmed it, asked the question, and sold the footage to TMZ within minutes of it happening, got paid thousands..

Dolan said he had planned on bringing the guy back for a full tour of MSG(including player introduction)until the TMZ sht came out, and thats when he banned him..

ES
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/13/2019  11:07 AM
Dolan thinks he was baited into this and there seems to be evidence to show this was the case. The Dolan/MSG version of the narrative is that the fan went out of his way, crossing sections and rows on an intercept course to ensure the ostensibly innocent encounter happened. And of course made sure it was captured on video. I'd imagine having phone pointing at him during this conversation played a part in Dolan's initial reaction.

We might argue that Dolan needs to go to an NBA media training seminar (or that the NBA needs to run a media seminar for owners) so he has preprogrammed answers/responses for these moments. Perhaps he should have reponded with: "Coach says work hard, give it your 110%, leave it all out on the floor."

But from a human standpoint, if someone (anyone?) walks up to you unprompted and basically calls you a failure and says you should give up what you love? They deserve a big FU. #justmyopinion

Far away, in an alternate timeline, Dolan simply says "No comment." The interaction is still captured on video and sold on TMZ. The narrative becomes "James Dolan is shopping the Knicks around because he didn't refute the fan, and he's a jerk because he's detached from the fanbase."

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/13/2019  12:22 PM
If Dolan would be a normal person not a spoiled brat he would just replied something like "OK. Send me the a good offer and I will consider it"
But in reality we have a bunch of snakes spitting their anger poison around.
I was always curious why anyone will pay for the tickets to see this team life... It is bad enough on TV.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/13/2019  12:52 PM
Lol. This season is hopeless. It pains me to even look up game highlight videos on Youtube. Watching the whole thing live just seems like a waste of energy at this point.

Watching a team where every player could potentially be gone next year gives us little us little vested interest.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
knicks1248
3/13/2019  12:55 PM
arkrud wrote:If Dolan would be a normal person not a spoiled brat he would just replied something like "OK. Send me the a good offer and I will consider it"
I was always curious why anyone will pay for the tickets to see this team life... It is bad enough on TV.

Location, Location, Location..

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/13/2019  3:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:If Dolan would be a normal person not a spoiled brat he would just replied something like "OK. Send me the a good offer and I will consider it"

Location, Location, Location..

Bunch of tourists for sure... and celebs to show up for PR.
But regular Knicks fans? Why?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/13/2019  8:50 PM
I'm so tired of fans who think they can be as rude as they like to players, owners, whoever and then play the victim when they strike back. If you want to vent, do it on forums or in discussions with other fans. If you do it to the players or owners face then that crosses a line and expect consequences- dont go crying about it when you're ejected.
Clean
Member: #743
3/14/2019  10:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:I'm so tired of fans who think they can be as rude as they like to players, owners, whoever and then play the victim when they strike back. If you want to vent, do it on forums or in discussions with other fans. If you do it to the players or owners face then that crosses a line and expect consequences- dont go crying about it when you're ejected.

This is my exact thought on the subject. Just because he is an owner does not mean he should have to take being harassed everywhere he goes.

howyoudoing
Member: #8744
USA
3/14/2019  11:13 AM
Guy yells from 50 feet away yet it's "doing it to his face" and "harassing", and Dolan said he was "confronted".
Alias was supposed to be howyoudoin, but I accidentally included the g. Clearly I do not have mad game like Joey...
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/14/2019  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2019  11:41 AM
Why can't everyone just leave other people alone? If I owned a business and a patron came in and started talking trash about me or tell me to exit the business I throw his ass out too. Just because Dolan is a bit of an ass and everyone hates him doesn't mean it's ok or right.
knicks1248
3/14/2019  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2019  2:21 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Why can't everyone just leave other people alone? If I owned a business and a patron came in and started talking trash about me or tell me to exit the business I throw his ass out too. Just because Dolan is a bit of an ass and everyone hates him doesn't mean it's ok or right.

Comes with the territory, if the team was winning championships he would beloved like Steinbrenner was after the yankees stop losing in the 90's. He would be praised and held as a GOD.

Since when is asking a question considered harassment..

FAN: Hey MR DOLAN WHY DON'T YOU SELL THE KNICKS......

DOLAN: whhhhhyyyy you son of bitch, security, throw this guy out and banned him..lol..

sensitive brat

ES
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
3/16/2019  12:53 AM
I cant believe people, Knicks fans, defending James Dolan. Dolan is a weak minded, untalented, spoiled loser who was handed MSG and the Knicks so he would stop drinking. The main reason why we have been losing for 20 years is him. As long as he owns the team they will lose.

No one is coming next year. This fan had the guts to step to the dude who made the Knicks the laughing stock of the NBA almost every year since he started making decisions in 1999. You should be hailing the fan as a hero for telling him to sell the team, not justifing Dolan, or having sympathy for his weak minded power trip. "Daddy, the poor man said something bad to me. Im a genius, I dont deserve thisss!"

I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Nalod
USA
3/16/2019  7:52 AM
toodarkmark wrote:I cant believe people, Knicks fans, defending James Dolan. Dolan is a weak minded, untalented, spoiled loser who was handed MSG and the Knicks so he would stop drinking. The main reason why we have been losing for 20 years is him. As long as he owns the team they will lose.

No one is coming next year. This fan had the guts to step to the dude who made the Knicks the laughing stock of the NBA almost every year since he started making decisions in 1999. You should be hailing the fan as a hero for telling him to sell the team, not justifing Dolan, or having sympathy for his weak minded power trip. "Daddy, the poor man said something bad to me. Im a genius, I dont deserve thisss!"

Your correct. And your dated too. Dolan had done things for shareholders as he guided the sales of Cablevision and other properties in good timing recognizing the peak of the business. A good ceo listens if him/herself is not capable. Nobody lauds him as a genius but he has gained respect in some circles. Personally I don’t like the man but I don’t have to. Steinbrenne was first rate ******* who also inherited much. His ownership was mixed. HE did some awful things, was convicted of bribery, suspended from the game, did some really bad stuff to Dave Winfield and was often vindictive and over zeleous in his free agent signings. The Billy Martin sagas were child like.
But he won.

Dolan can’t undue his past by selling the team. We don’t have to like him. He just needs to stay away. We might get a new ******* with starphuch in his eyes and find his own path to failure.
My concern is not Dolan, its what the knicks do or don’t do off the court that matters.
No, most of us don’t like or respect Dolan, but that does not mean he can’t change. He has, he mostly stays out of basketball operations. That’s huge.
When steinbrenne was suspended the team made huge gains. Eventually it was the youth movement that developed the core four and the best yankee teams in his ownership and had perhaps a top 5 season of ALLTIME!
Fuck Dolan, go knicks!!

Dolan kicks out a "fan"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy