[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tank did its job
Author Thread
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

3/11/2019  3:33 PM
PHX and CLE has three more victories than NYK with 14-15 games left.

CLE 16 - 50
PHX 16 - 52
NYK 13 - 54

PHX and CLE has been playing .500 ball last ten games

I don't think any team not named Knickerbockers will exceed 65 losses.

We can afford to win three or four games.

I'm rooting for "Develop a winning culture" starting right now.

These young guys need to WIN. To get used to the feeling of winning at HOME.

It's great to compete while improving lottery odds... but now the odds are in the bag... we need to WIN.

Fizdale is on the clock.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/11/2019  3:55 PM
Other than not falling to 6 or 7th Cle and PHX have same odds at no. 1.
86% chance of not getting Zion. Don't mean we phucked, just means we have no clear path.
I can live with that.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

3/11/2019  4:39 PM
It's not all about Zion who might not even have the best career.

If Knicks finish worst (as they are now almost a lock to do) the worst they pick is #5

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/11/2019  4:46 PM
This team IS that bad for real.
You cannot make them win.
We have 2 legit NBA starers (Jordan and Dot (barely)) and one backup (Trier).
How this thing can win more game that 15-17?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/11/2019  5:19 PM
DSjr has not been good. Makes me think about the draft. Ja or RJ likely better choice than Zion for NY. I get the hype but NY needs to build a team.
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/11/2019  5:50 PM
The FO and head coach are either (a) diabolical geniuses by purposefully losing while developing talent in a way not apparent to the lay fan, or (b) worse than our roster and as a team and institution we've gone from bad to worse. I don't see any other options

I wish we had hired budenholzer, or that we had a FO i truly trusted.

Darkest before the dawn

(5)(5)
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/11/2019  6:50 PM
Chandler wrote:The FO and head coach are either (a) diabolical geniuses by purposefully losing while developing talent in a way not apparent to the lay fan, or (b) worse than our roster and as a team and institution we've gone from bad to worse. I don't see any other options

I wish we had hired budenholzer, or that we had a FO i truly trusted.

Darkest before the dawn

The roster is just awful we have zero chance of signing Durant. We should lower our expecations. Maybe we could get Middleton and Deangelo Russell

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/11/2019  7:52 PM
Congrats Knicks, you did well with the tank.

If the Knicks strike out on the K's (Kevin/Kawhi/Kyrie/Kemba/Klay), we might be best off sticking with the plan of tanking/developing again - signing more failed lottery picks for cheap contracts and hoping to strike gold in 2020.

But beyond the max guys, there are some players like Julius Randle that might opt out... on the Knicks, he could easily emerge as a 20/10 sort of big man for a THJr-like deal.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be surprised if Barrett were the #1 overall pick. Coming into the season that's how it was supposed to be. I think after March Madness we'll start to see some fast risers.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/11/2019  10:58 PM
We sucked munchkins all year so we'll have the 5th pick. That's why I'm a Knicks fan.
blkexec
Member: #748
3/11/2019  11:57 PM
Damn knicks cant do anything right. This was the wrong year to tank. And to make matters worse, this tank wasnt on purpose.

Still think we have a good chance landing KD and Kyrie. Both already have a chip....Now they are looking to solidify their legacy.

Based on the draft simulator...theres a higher chance we dont get the #1 pick. Ran it a zillion times....only landed on top pick twice....Lots of 5th pick selections. Might be a blessing....Not sure if zion is more than just a highlight reel.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/12/2019  8:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2019  8:31 AM
To make matters worse, Dolan continues to be Donald Sterling 1.5, attempting to ban fans for asking a simple question. Why don't you sell the team? That spoiled little brat is the reason we have idiots running the franchise like a dysfunctional circus...Tough to se FA signing here, I see an AMARE CONTRACT COMING

I have never seen a franchise (in any sport) that performed this poorly and no one got fired, accountability is a forbidden word in these parts.

The tank did nothing more than divide your locker room, continue to have your young players develop bad habits, make us look dysfunctional, make FIZ look like a bad choice, make Knox look like a bad choice, make frank look like a bust..all for a 5th pick...smfh

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/12/2019  9:19 AM
Just did tankathon lottery sim 10 times and every time we fell to 4th or 5th

After all this losing, its going to be a punch in the guts when we fall on lottery day.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/12/2019  9:22 AM
The lottery works in mysterious ways. For naysayers of the tank, here's an article from 2017 that shows which team had the worst record and which ultimately got the #1 overall pick.

Between 1985 and 2016, only 6 teams with the best odds got the top overall pick. (6/31 is a little less than 20%).

On the other hand, 9 teams with 6th or worse odds got the top overall pick. I've alluded to this before, but being lucky really can transform a franchise.

In 2014, sure Lebron came back to Cleveland. But by virtue of winning the lottery (with 9th best odds), they were able to draft Wiggins who they basically flipped for Kevin Love. Without Kevin Love, Cleveland wouldn't have had the critical 3rd piece to make it to the finals all those years and win a title.

In 2011, Cleveland was also extremely lucky. Sure, they had acquired the Clippers pick (8th best odds) and won the lottery, enabling them to draft Kyrie Irving, another piece critical to their championship season and countless finals.

In 2008, Chicago won the lottery from the 9th slot, picking up Derrick Rose, the youngest MVP ever. While injuries derailed his career and upside, in those first few years of his career it looked like Chicago would be poised to be a contender for years to come.

(As we monitor KP's career from afar now, we'll see if we're ultimately fortunate that he got injured, as that helped put into motion what could be an epic FA summer and what is hopefully better than a #5 overall pick)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2017/05/16/nba-draft-lottery-history-no-1-overall-pick/101752858/

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
KP4Life
Member: #6117
USA
3/12/2019  11:25 AM
This is why I'm worried. If the lottery is fixed I feel like they will not let worst record win. Why? Because it would promote further tsnking if we did. My prediction is maybe we get 2 or 3 in the draft and Lakers and mavs get top 3 as well. Those teams are what will make the NBA money. Mavs for their euro team and Lakers cause they always want them go do well. Nba hates Knicks.
Nalod
USA
3/12/2019  11:27 AM
knicks1248 wrote:To make matters worse, Dolan continues to be Donald Sterling 1.5, attempting to ban fans for asking a simple question. Why don't you sell the team? That spoiled little brat is the reason we have idiots running the franchise like a dysfunctional circus...Tough to se FA signing here, I see an AMARE CONTRACT COMING

I have never seen a franchise (in any sport) that performed this poorly and no one got fired, accountability is a forbidden word in these parts.

The tank did nothing more than divide your locker room, continue to have your young players develop bad habits, make us look dysfunctional, make FIZ look like a bad choice, make Knox look like a bad choice, make frank look like a bust..all for a 5th pick...smfh

Fired in last 16 years:
Layden
Isiah
Walsh
Grunwald
Phil Jax.

In that time we have had 11 coaches. Can you name another franchise that has done that?
What was the common link on the first four? Starphuch thinking. If I say "Process" its how decisions were made. Its what drove the team to bring on Marbury, Amare, Melo and Phil.
We had HOF coaches here too. The result? Not that good.
You blame the people. I blame the process.
You point to results, I point to how we got here.
You see no benefit to young guys getting their heads kicked in. No benefit for a young coach to grow his chops.
We'll see what happens this summer. Where we draft, attract players and make trades.
The results have been awful. You see doom. I see opportunity.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/12/2019  11:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2019  11:33 AM
KP4Life wrote:This is why I'm worried. If the lottery is fixed I feel like they will not let worst record win. Why? Because it would promote further tsnking if we did. My prediction is maybe we get 2 or 3 in the draft and Lakers and mavs get top 3 as well. Those teams are what will make the NBA money. Mavs for their euro team and Lakers cause they always want them go do well. Nba hates Knicks.

Don't bring in conspiracy theories to divert blame on the BS our FO has put the franchise in.

Who the fck sababotages an entire franchce for A 14% At CHANCE AT A ROLE PLAYER

ES
Nalod
USA
3/12/2019  11:34 AM
KP4Life wrote:This is why I'm worried. If the lottery is fixed I feel like they will not let worst record win. Why? Because it would promote further tsnking if we did. My prediction is maybe we get 2 or 3 in the draft and Lakers and mavs get top 3 as well. Those teams are what will make the NBA money. Mavs for their euro team and Lakers cause they always want them go do well. Nba hates Knicks.

Why? Because we squander money and opportunity? Does a strong team in the biggest market not good for the league? We have been irrelevant for years.
Personally I don't think the current scenario the lottery is Fixed. The odds are what they are. Not in anyones favor. Risk of scandal would very much damage the reputation. Knicks have the best chance but the odds are low for top pick.

Nalod
USA
3/12/2019  11:39 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Don't bring in conspiracy theories to divert blame on the BS our FO has put the franchise in.

Who the fck sababotages an entire franchce for A 14% At CHANCE AT A ROLE PLAYER

what was the alternative. Spell it out? Remember to reconstruct it with the proper timeline of the information you had at that moment. Drafted players on scouting reports Before Summerleague and 65 games this season.

elmaestro33
Member: #8622

3/12/2019  1:03 PM
It's so f'n ironic that we're going to have the definitive worst record in the first year of the lottery reform... SMH
howyoudoing
Member: #8744
USA
3/13/2019  2:36 AM
The roster is just awful we have zero chance of signing Durant. We should lower our expecations. Maybe we could get Middleton and Deangelo Russell

Unless there's enough room to sign 2 big FA's simultaneously. If that could happen, Durant could join with whoever he wanted basically.

Alias was supposed to be howyoudoin, but I accidentally included the g. Clearly I do not have mad game like Joey...
Tank did its job

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy