[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank and the groin
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/7/2019  6:57 PM
Are we all serious to believe Frank's groin is keeping him out this long? Even if he returns this weekend --- something smells very fishy to me.

Theory I've been bouncing around in my head is that Frank or his representation requested a trade (maybe during or after the KP situation unfolded).

It's possible management was afraid of the look of both KP and Frank asking out and in response the Knick's play hardball (bench him for a long time) and look to move him in the summer.

I just can't buy the timeline for this injury and don't put anything past the Knicks. Watching both DSJ and Mudiay over a longer period --- makes me doubt either is a better long term PG vs. Frank.

Thoughts?

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/7/2019  7:36 PM
Groin injuries take a while and if you rush them you re injure then. There's no reason to rush injuries when you're tanking
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/7/2019  7:38 PM
Frank isn’t a Perry player. The probably move Frank during draft he is a system player and Fizdale well sucks. I get we are tanking but there is nothing being taught. Honestly I watch 5 minutes of the game and I stop watching and basically I’m watching garbage. I turn on the Knicks to see Frank If he isn’t playing I’m changing the channel.
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

3/7/2019  7:51 PM
Vmart wrote:Frank isn’t a Perry player. The probably move Frank during draft he is a system player and Fizdale well sucks. I get we are tanking but there is nothing being taught. Honestly I watch 5 minutes of the game and I stop watching and basically I’m watching garbage. I turn on the Knicks to see Frank If he isn’t playing I’m changing the channel.

you turn the game on to see frank play? lol

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/7/2019  8:16 PM
Same here. Frank is a must watch for me. When he doesn't play I lose interest. I love defense and love frank's play
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/7/2019  8:18 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Same here. Frank is a must watch for me. When he doesn't play I lose interest. I love defense and love frank's play
Probably why I also love watching Mitch play
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/7/2019  8:28 PM
knicks180nyc wrote:
Vmart wrote:Frank isn’t a Perry player. The probably move Frank during draft he is a system player and Fizdale well sucks. I get we are tanking but there is nothing being taught. Honestly I watch 5 minutes of the game and I stop watching and basically I’m watching garbage. I turn on the Knicks to see Frank If he isn’t playing I’m changing the channel.

He is pretty much the only team player on the team. Everyone else is well trying to get theirs.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/7/2019  8:38 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Are we all serious to believe Frank's groin is keeping him out this long?

I am literally flabbergasted.

Please tell us of your medical background and expertise with sports injuries. Let us know what you know about Franks particular case. Let us know any info you’ve come across with other groin injuries to other NBA player.

Let’s start there

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/7/2019  9:20 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Are we all serious to believe Frank's groin is keeping him out this long?

Please tell us of your medical background and expertise with sports injuries. Let us know what you know about Franks particular case. Let us know any info you’ve come across with other groin injuries to other NBA player.

Let’s start there

I get that groin injuries take a while - but the kid is how young? And he is still hurt?

I do honestly wonder if they are holding him back partly because he has looked so bad. Maybe by keeping him out, they can keep his value up for an off season move?

I don't think that is wild speculation.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/7/2019  10:06 PM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Let’s start there

I get that groin injuries take a while - but the kid is how young? And he is still hurt?

I do honestly wonder if they are holding him back partly because he has looked so bad. Maybe by keeping him out, they can keep his value up for an off season move?

Speculate all you want. Without any information at all. It’s not a good look.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

3/7/2019  10:12 PM
Frank is a walking breathing Roarshack test....either you see the basketball IQ....and like
Or
You do not see and1 mix tape and do not like
Simple
ekstarks94

3/7/2019  10:34 PM
Honestly we do not have the right coach or organization for Frank....he has been yanked up and down since he got drafted...Jeff last yr after KP went down should have been giving him as many mins as he could....Frank is. Glue guy right now....a guy like Korver, Bowen...Danny green do not move the needle or a losing team....when a team is playing for something that is what they get paid for....

Frank is not a Fiz Pg....the thing that surprises me is Fiz thinks Mudiay is....he like DSJ....like Trier and Knox have all the talent in the world but no BBIQ .....I watch the close of some qtr and games and you might as well move the team to the playground....Mitch and Dot are playing good team ball....everyone else is iso....

I believe SA...Toronto.....GS ....would love Frank....he does not fit coaches style..but that is BS to me...he spent mths giving Mud confidence....why not Frank?

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/7/2019  10:35 PM
Prediction -- Knicks trade frank to San Antonio for a #2 and a fringe player where he flourishes.
ekstarks94

3/7/2019  10:37 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Prediction -- Knicks trade frank to San Antonio for a #2 and a fringe player where he flourishes.

I will put money on that before putting it on Knox becoming Jason Tatum next yr

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/7/2019  11:03 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Let’s start there

Read Berman’s article tonight —- it basically confirms my thoughts. Fiz said 1-2 weeks and we are now near 6 weeks. I played college hoops and many years after have strained my groin a few times and it is a quick recovery...much less of an issue vs say a hammy.

Bottom line Knicks are dicking around with Frank....and they have since he arrived...maybe mostly because he was a Phil pick.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/7/2019  11:53 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Let’s start there

Read Berman’s article tonight —- it basically confirms my thoughts. Fiz said 1-2 weeks and we are now near 6 weeks. I played college hoops and many years after have strained my groin a few times and it is a quick recovery...much less of an issue vs say a hammy.

Bottom line Knicks are dicking around with Frank....and they have since he arrived...maybe mostly because he was a Phil pick.

I think recovery is an individual thing. Prior to foot and hip problems I was an avid runner. I had a groin pull and was not going to let it stop me so I kept running. It ended up stopping me for about 6 weeks once I stopped being stubborn.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/8/2019  3:52 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Are we all serious to believe Frank's groin is keeping him out this long? Even if he returns this weekend --- something smells very fishy to me.

Theory I've been bouncing around in my head is that Frank or his representation requested a trade (maybe during or after the KP situation unfolded).

It's possible management was afraid of the look of both KP and Frank asking out and in response the Knick's play hardball (bench him for a long time) and look to move him in the summer.

I just can't buy the timeline for this injury and don't put anything past the Knicks. Watching both DSJ and Mudiay over a longer period --- makes me doubt either is a better long term PG vs. Frank.

Thoughts?

Under the new Chris Bosh Rule under the current CBA, if a player and his representation have a conflict over an issue of health with their respective franchise, the player and his agent can petition for a review from a league approved medical panel outside of the bounds of said individual franchise.

It's a safeguard designed to prevent what amounts to insurance fraud ( Consider how much insurance is needed in all aspects of running a franchise, the NBA as a whole does not want to go to war with the insurance industry in general) and a backdoor way for teams to convert cap hold dollars into real dollars ( Player X counts against the cap, but insurance is paying out a chunk of the actual cash hit, allowing team to hit the salary floor but not paying cash that equalizes to the salary floor)

Frank N and his agent obviously want to do well for his next contract. This needs to happen by way of doing well on another team that has his Bird Rights. Which means a trade and means the sooner the better. Accepting a fake injury means no non Knicks team will want to trade for him.

There is no reason for the Knicks to **** with him like this ( Chris Bosh Rule)

There is no reason for Frank N to accept this kind of scenario you present, it only hurts him.

He's injured enough to keep him out.

If the Knicks truly wanted him gone, they'd have sent him out in the Zinger deal ( Carlisle and Donnie Nelson both really like Frank N in general) He's in his 2nd year, there's no pressure to move him now on the Knicks side.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/8/2019  5:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/8/2019  5:50 AM
LivingLegend wrote: Watching both DSJ and Mudiay over a longer period --- makes me doubt either is a better long term PG vs. Frank.

I guess if you don't value ball handling or shooting from a PG that would be true. It’s not like DSJ or Mudiay are that good either there just competent. I think Frank has value just not as a PG and if he gets his shooting closer to average, he is a nice glue guy. Maybe 15 years ago Frank could masquerade as a PG but not today. He is a secondary ball handler. The game has changed. I think a lot of the guys that love Frank picture him on the old Knick teams. He would have fit great next to Ewing and Starks. When NBA games were played in the low 90's. If you play in the low 90's now you lose by 20. I just don’t see it not in todays game. Not with todays pace.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2019  7:20 AM
When not privy to the facts its common to imply “conspiracy”.
There is no motivation for the team to reduce his value if trade is enevitble.
If Frank and his agent feel like he is not being given the proper chance and want to move on I can understand that.
Fiz philosophy might not be in his best interests. He was drafted to be a system player and now with a new coach and again massive roster changes forthcoming this might not be the best place for him.
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/8/2019  8:18 AM
Vmart wrote:
knicks180nyc wrote:

He is pretty much the only team player on the team. Everyone else is well trying to get theirs.

yeah your right, but it's to a fault,I keep saying he would be a solid player on GSW or SA.

BUT on this team, with this roster, in this system..smh, well you see the results so far.

ES
Frank and the groin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy