[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tired of Mike Breen
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/6/2019  1:42 PM
BTW... Yankees vs Cardinals are on now. Reggie Jackson is in the booth for the game with Singleton and Cone. Hopefully this will be hos last in the booth. Awful.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

3/6/2019  2:28 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:I'll never get tired of Mike and Clyde.
Same here. My favorite duo.

the team should invite Clyde to practice more. I can't say how many times he has pointed out simple, correctable things, e.g., making the player go left, etc.

over the course of a game those things matter

general assumption is that the coaching staff is missing these very simple, correctable things and arent communicating it themselves?

Feel like the coaching staff has invited a slew of retired players and such in - can't really remember reading that before or from any other team (but really I don't follow other teams and I'd guess other teams wouldn't actively publish that).

I think Clyde has said a number of times that players very rarely go to him for advice, which is kind lf crazy when you think of it.

I don't know whether the staff is or isn't communicating it, but perhaps they're not saying it often enough, or with enough emphasis, or holding the player accountable.

(5)(5)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/6/2019  3:36 PM
martin wrote:I'll never get tired of Mike and Clyde.
ditto. They are great
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WP76
Member: #4508

3/6/2019  5:19 PM
To me, Breen is the epitome of a professional broadcaster and Clyde complements him superbly. IMO we just need a team on the court that does its job as well as the broadcasters do theirs.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/7/2019  5:13 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I was a bit frustrated with Breen after Dantoni was tired. He hated Melo for awhile because of it and it was obvious in his announcing both on msg and national broadcasts. But he is very good at what he does and much better than the local announcers for other teams.

Melo didn't just push out Pringles and Lin, he also made sure Atkinson was gone. In part because Atkinson was so close to both Lin and Pringles ( And thus Atkinson wanted Lin in NJ later on)

Kenny Atkinson is a fantastic coach. Easily a top 5 coach in the league right now. He should be the head coach for the Knicks. But Melo had to have his way.

Lin in NY was good for the entire sport. For the entire league. But that all had to end because Melo wanted the limelight (If you want the limelight, be a leader and play some ****ing defense..)

Fuck Melo.

Media members loved Walsh and D’Antoni. Walsh is still revered by the beat writers from that time and almost all of them are bitter about their tenure covering the Knicks. Breen and D’Antoni were good friends. When D’Antoni resigned, Breen’s broadcasting reflected a bias against Melo. JVG called him on it during a national broadcast at that time. Breen is very. Good at what he does but I thought at the time he let his relationship with the former coach impact his broadcasting.
In regards to Atkinson, I believe he was the only guy retained from Dantoni’s staff. I remember Dan Dangoni and the guy Nalod beat in basketball were let go at the time.
There were a lot of layers to the Lin situation but the biggest thing is the Melo hate theory doesn’t pass the money test. Let’s analyze the situation based on the money test.
Lin chose to not come back and play in the playoffs because he wanted to get his money in his new contract. Lin chose not to play for USA basketball because he wanted to concentrate on free agency ( get his money) the offseason he left NY. Lin fires his agent and hires a high powered firm to represent him in free agency because he wanted to get his money. Lin signs a huge deal with the Rockets for the money. The deal has a poison pill provision that makes it impossible for the Knicks to match if they want to have any hope of functioning in a league with a salary cap and luxury tax. The Knicks didn’t match the offer because it would destroy their cap and cost them an extra 96 mil(figure might be wrong) in luxury tax. The Melo hate theory doesn’t pass the money test in this situation.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/7/2019  8:34 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I was a bit frustrated with Breen after Dantoni was tired. He hated Melo for awhile because of it and it was obvious in his announcing both on msg and national broadcasts. But he is very good at what he does and much better than the local announcers for other teams.

Melo didn't just push out Pringles and Lin, he also made sure Atkinson was gone. In part because Atkinson was so close to both Lin and Pringles ( And thus Atkinson wanted Lin in NJ later on)

Kenny Atkinson is a fantastic coach. Easily a top 5 coach in the league right now. He should be the head coach for the Knicks. But Melo had to have his way.

Lin in NY was good for the entire sport. For the entire league. But that all had to end because Melo wanted the limelight (If you want the limelight, be a leader and play some ****ing defense..)

Fuck Melo.

Media members loved Walsh and D’Antoni. Walsh is still revered by the beat writers from that time and almost all of them are bitter about their tenure covering the Knicks. Breen and D’Antoni were good friends. When D’Antoni resigned, Breen’s broadcasting reflected a bias against Melo. JVG called him on it during a national broadcast at that time. Breen is very. Good at what he does but I thought at the time he let his relationship with the former coach impact his broadcasting.
In regards to Atkinson, I believe he was the only guy retained from Dantoni’s staff. I remember Dan Dangoni and the guy Nalod beat in basketball were let go at the time.
There were a lot of layers to the Lin situation but the biggest thing is the Melo hate theory doesn’t pass the money test. Let’s analyze the situation based on the money test.
Lin chose to not come back and play in the playoffs because he wanted to get his money in his new contract. Lin chose not to play for USA basketball because he wanted to concentrate on free agency ( get his money) the offseason he left NY. Lin fires his agent and hires a high powered firm to represent him in free agency because he wanted to get his money. Lin signs a huge deal with the Rockets for the money. The deal has a poison pill provision that makes it impossible for the Knicks to match if they want to have any hope of functioning in a league with a salary cap and luxury tax. The Knicks didn’t match the offer because it would destroy their cap and cost them an extra 96 mil(figure might be wrong) in luxury tax. The Melo hate theory doesn’t pass the money test in this situation.

didn't the knicks set this all up by telling him to go get the best offer he can and present it to them rather than negotiating directly with him on their offer first?

CrushAlot
USA
3/7/2019  9:52 AM
Marv wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Fuck Melo.

didn't the knicks set this all up by telling him to go get the best offer he can and present it to them rather than negotiating directly with him on their offer first?

Lin sat out of the playoffs, USA basketball and fired his agent to get paid. The money test debunks the Melo chased Lin out of NY theory.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2019  11:18 AM
Atkinson was seen as very good. He was two admins ago? Before Phil actually. Worked under coach Bud in ATL.
We had Woodson as coach then. Basically phil was triangle hell bent and likely never on his radar.
We love him now but this in his third season as head coach.
The idea is to hire them BEFORE they have this kind of success. Fizdale has the cred as an assistant as did Kenny.
Thing is hindsight. Fiz was forethought.
WE can pout all we want but so many things would have had to happen for him to be knick coach. Most important was a Ownership willing to suck it up during the dark phase of the roster and no picks.
CrushAlot
USA
3/7/2019  11:36 AM
Nalod wrote:Atkinson was seen as very good. He was two admins ago? Before Phil actually. Worked under coach Bud in ATL.
We had Woodson as coach then. Basically phil was triangle hell bent and likely never on his radar.
The idea is to hire them BEFORE they have this kind of success. Fizdale has the cred as an assistant as did Kenny.
WE can pout all we want but so many things would have had to happen for him to be knick coach. Most important was a Ownership willing to suck it up during the dark phase of the roster and no picks.

Was Phil Webber the guy you played against that got let go with D’Antoni?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/7/2019  8:54 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Fuck Melo.

How can someone who sounds so erudite at times and be such a clear expositor on the business side of the league post such absolutely piss poor **** like this?

Lin was a ****ing flash in the pan journeyman for less than 15 minutes, got exposed by the likes of Deron Williams and PATRICK FUCKING BEVERLY, and got $24 million dollars for not stepping up and BEING SOMETHING GOOD FOR NY BY SHOWING UP FOR THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS.

If LIN WAS SO FUCKING GOOD FOR NY, AND SO FUCKING GOOD FOR THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, WHERE THE FUCK IS HE NOW?

And as for your Melo thrombosing defensive rhoid, LIN couldn't ****ing guard your ****ing fat ass, Triple.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS PIECE OF SHIT MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE.

So let Pringles Fuck Breen. Two absolute ****holes who will get into the HOF by parking and buying a ticket.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2019  12:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/8/2019  12:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Atkinson was seen as very good. He was two admins ago? Before Phil actually. Worked under coach Bud in ATL.

Was Phil Webber the guy you played against that got let go with D’Antoni?

Yes. Played a JV game against him and at a camp. They had a guy Mike Milligan who played at Florida Dunked on my ass at that camp 14 or 15 years old. Its when the men and boys started to separate. I was a boy. He also jumped out and blocked my jump shot. My coach looked at me funny and at a time out he asked me what I was thinking? I told him it never dawned upon me that someone I could not see with my eyes could do that. He laughed. At my height I went no further. At 5-9 and stacked with guards in my high school I could not crack Varsity. It hurt. The guys I used to be better than and still was moved up but they grew and didn't.
Tired of Mike Breen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy