[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tired of Mike Breen
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
3/4/2019  11:48 PM
Give me Kenny Albert anyday.. this guy just annoys the hell out of me. Got that he knows the rules of the game but it seems like he would rather hear his opinion on how the Knicks did something wrong (which they are guilty of a lot) but he makes the game unenjoyable to listen to.
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/5/2019  6:03 AM
TLover wrote:Give me Kenny Albert anyday.. this guy just annoys the hell out of me. Got that he knows the rules of the game but it seems like he would rather hear his opinion on how the Knicks did something wrong (which they are guilty of a lot) but he makes the game unenjoyable to listen to.

I kinda like him. I can’t really stomach the home-town fluff that you hear from other teams beoadcasters. At least Breen calls it realistically. He still makes a great call when the Knicks do something awesome too so that’s fun.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/5/2019  6:08 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
TLover wrote:Give me Kenny Albert anyday.. this guy just annoys the hell out of me. Got that he knows the rules of the game but it seems like he would rather hear his opinion on how the Knicks did something wrong (which they are guilty of a lot) but he makes the game unenjoyable to listen to.

I kinda like him. I can’t really stomach the home-town fluff that you hear from other teams beoadcasters. At least Breen calls it realistically. He still makes a great call when the Knicks do something awesome too so that’s fun.

Agreed.
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/5/2019  9:33 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Agreed.

totally agree. I live in Boston. Many of the announcers and studio guys really know their basketball and history, which is great. BUT they're such homers it's disgusting

(5)(5)
Allanfan20
USA
3/5/2019  10:57 AM
Chandler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Agreed.

totally agree. I live in Boston. Many of the announcers and studio guys really know their basketball and history, which is great. BUT they're such homers it's disgusting

It’s not just Boston. As awesome as the Warriors are, it still just seems like fluff when I hear their broadcasters. THEY should take notes from the Yankees broadcast team. I feel they tend to be very honest about the Yankees.

Another example is Derek Harper. I love the guy and I like Doncic as well. It seems like Harper is his dad whenever I hear him speak about Luka though. It’s hilarious.

For the record, I am not demanding the the broadcasters to bash their team. I’m just saying be informative.... and entertaining of course. I remember at the end of the last Knicks/Cavs game, the game was almost over and Breen said “Well if the Knicks REALLY (he did emphasized really) want to win this, they need to miss the next free throw on purpose.” Even he implied it’s in the Knicks best interest to lose that game in particular.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/5/2019  12:54 PM
So I do like the way Breen calls games as well as Clyde with one exception... they lovvvvvvvve to jinx our players. How many times has it happened where they call our players great FT shooting out or 3 point shooting out or defense out or lack of fouling out and on the very next play the exact opposite happens.

Call me a superstitious Knicks fan but what I am stating is real. Everyone has seen it. That irks me.

Like our team as Knicks needs any more bad juju.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/5/2019  1:59 PM
I'd rather have Breen than doddering Marv at this point lol you listen to enough broadcast teams around the NBA and you'll see how good we got it lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
USA
3/5/2019  3:47 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I'd rather have Breen than doddering Marv at this point lol you listen to enough broadcast teams around the NBA and you'll see how good we got it lol

I haven’t listened to the Lakers broadcasters this year. I can only imagine it sounds like King James turned into Jesus James, coming out of them.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/5/2019  4:33 PM
I'll never get tired of Mike and Clyde.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

3/5/2019  6:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2019  6:13 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Agreed.

It’s not just Boston. As awesome as the Warriors are, it still just seems like fluff when I hear their broadcasters. THEY should take notes from the Yankees broadcast team. I feel they tend to be very honest about the Yankees.

Another example is Derek Harper. I love the guy and I like Doncic as well. It seems like Harper is his dad whenever I hear him speak about Luka though. It’s hilarious.

For the record, I am not demanding the the broadcasters to bash their team. I’m just saying be informative.... and entertaining of course. I remember at the end of the last Knicks/Cavs game, the game was almost over and Breen said “Well if the Knicks REALLY (he did emphasized really) want to win this, they need to miss the next free throw on purpose.” Even he implied it’s in the Knicks best interest to lose that game in particular.

I was with you until you said the Yankees broadcast team was honest. Michael Kay is one of the biggest homers on the planet.

But I do like Breen, he's a good play by play guy and he usually gives honest takes about the Knicks. We have the league's worst record, it's not and shouldn't be sunshine and roses. And I totally agree that so many other teams have really ridiculous broadcasters that have no objectivity whatsoever.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/5/2019  6:49 PM
I was a bit frustrated with Breen after Dantoni was tired. He hated Melo for awhile because of it and it was obvious in his announcing both on msg and national broadcasts. But he is very good at what he does and much better than the local announcers for other teams.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/5/2019  7:09 PM
martin wrote:I'll never get tired of Mike and Clyde.
Same here. My favorite duo.
Allanfan20
USA
3/5/2019  7:10 PM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Agreed.

I was with you until you said the Yankees broadcast team was honest. Michael Kay is one of the biggest homers on the planet.

But I do like Breen, he's a good play by play guy and he usually gives honest takes about the Knicks. We have the league's worst record, it's not and shouldn't be sunshine and roses. And I totally agree that so many other teams have really ridiculous broadcasters that have no objectivity whatsoever.

Not sure where you get your opinion that Kay is a Yankee homer from. That’s very inaccurate.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/6/2019  10:49 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Agreed.

Not sure where you get your opinion that Kay is a Yankee homer from. That’s very inaccurate.

Ah, if you were listening to him for the first time, you will know he's rooting for the yankees, when the yankees do something good there's a different pitch in his voice (more excitement). But i also feel he's a very good broadcaster and enjoyable to listen to, and he's pretty fair across the board.

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/6/2019  11:27 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

the team should invite Clyde to practice more. I can't say how many times he has pointed out simple, correctable things, e.g., making the player go left, etc.

over the course of a game those things matter

(5)(5)
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/6/2019  11:39 AM
love clyde but never a fan of breen. my all-time dream team not surprisingly was marv and johnny hoops.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/6/2019  12:03 PM
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

the team should invite Clyde to practice more. I can't say how many times he has pointed out simple, correctable things, e.g., making the player go left, etc.

general assumption is that the coaching staff is missing these very simple, correctable things and arent communicating it themselves?

Feel like the coaching staff has invited a slew of retired players and such in - can't really remember reading that before or from any other team (but really I don't follow other teams and I'd guess other teams wouldn't actively publish that).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
USA
3/6/2019  12:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Agreed.

Ah, if you were listening to him for the first time, you will know he's rooting for the yankees, when the yankees do something good there's a different pitch in his voice (more excitement). But i also feel he's a very good broadcaster and enjoyable to listen to, and he's pretty fair across the board.

I expect all home team broadcasters to have a bit or a lot more excitement in their voices for the home team when they do well. Kay actually said that on his radio show. It should be like that though. I’m just talking about being informative and not being a complete kiss-ars to the home team. I think Breen and Kay to a nice job in that area.

Allanfan20
USA
3/6/2019  12:29 PM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

general assumption is that the coaching staff is missing these very simple, correctable things and arent communicating it themselves?

Feel like the coaching staff has invited a slew of retired players and such in - can't really remember reading that before or from any other team (but really I don't follow other teams and I'd guess other teams wouldn't actively publish that).

I think Clyde has said a number of times that players very rarely go to him for advice, which is kind lf crazy when you think of it.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/6/2019  12:44 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I think Clyde has said a number of times that players very rarely go to him for advice, which is kind lf crazy when you think of it.

Clyde was my childhood hero, most favorite player!
But that does not make him a good advice giver. We don't know how he is one on one with players. Maybe there is a rule "Don't ask clyde anyting.......he'll start pontificating". Maybe he talks down to players? We get "Broadcaster clyde" and we like him. Maybe players roll their eyes at clyde and they don't go to him, and he gets to grab our sympathy when he says things like this. Great player no doubt, Love the man, maybe a pain in the ass behind the scenes?

Half the shyt we read about we have to ask "does this sound reasonable?" Clyde is HOF great, makes no sense.

But then Fiz has reached to clyde this year: https://nypost.com/2018/10/04/knicks-coach-giving-clyde-frazier-chance-hes-been-craving/

Is clyde still saying "knicks guards don't talk to me?"

Tired of Mike Breen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy