[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wake up Call
Author Thread
bigjeep8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3297

3/5/2019  8:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2019  8:45 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Lots of cap room, first round picks, good young players already on the roster, on cheap contracts. Surprised that anyone at this point cant see, that its about what comes next.

What will the Knicks do with these newly acquired assets? We dont know that yet, not sure why there is hand wringing over decisions that have yet to be made.

Lets see what Perry/Mills do with what they have.

We have a couple of young players that have some talent (like every roster in the NBA) but they are not good, If they were good, we would have a good team.

Draft picks...can you believe that knox has shot over 50% just 3 times this entire season, same as frank...is that good?

I agree, really not a lot of talent on a 13 win team. Sure like last night, guys like Trier will have a good night then another night it will be another guy, but when you start 5 bench players someone will have a good night! Scatter these guys on other teams and most won't get off the bench or they will be role players. Then add the last two first round picks and we are going nowhere fast!

AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/5/2019  9:44 AM
blkexec wrote:This thread is very typical.

It doesnt matter how many wins we get.

If we dont win a ring, some will complain we shouldve tanked.

Now that we are tanking, some are complaining we shouldve won more games.

If only we could trade knick fans instead of players.

Hahaha we are in the era of complaining about everything just because.

It’s so funny how the same people that have been clamoring for rebuilding through the draft for years are the same people saying we are worthless unless we start winning.

My God!

How many projects do we have on the team? Ok, before going there, just a reminder that projects are talented players with potential but still not fully developed to repeatedly and consistently making plays that win games. Cool with that? Ok, so how many projects do we have?

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

Hmm... Is that practically THE WHOLE TEAM?

WE ARE FREAKING FINALLY REBUILDING!

Now, just now, because the argument fits the complains, are people saying we don’t have talent because if we did we would win. What the fudge?!?

Oh, and those will be the same people that will complain on the draft that we should’ve lost enough to have a better draft pick!

This is a really disgusting era where we simply complain because we can, with no regard to what it’s actually being excecuted! No, let’s just complain to complain!

Ridiculous! The Knicks as an organization have tried to appease the fans for years, trying to make deals to win now. The execution has been terrible and the reset button had to be pressed. Somebody finally dared to do so and we are in the process. Let’s give that team a chance.

Durant may not sign here and if we avoid signing anyone else to overpaid contracts and stick to rebuilding through the draft and savvy signings, we will be back sooner than later.

Rebuilding is here. Enjoy the process or jump to the shiniest bandwagon of your choice.

Knicks_Fan
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/5/2019  11:30 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Lots of cap room, first round picks, good young players already on the roster, on cheap contracts. Surprised that anyone at this point cant see, that its about what comes next.

What will the Knicks do with these newly acquired assets? We dont know that yet, not sure why there is hand wringing over decisions that have yet to be made.

We have a couple of young players that have some talent (like every roster in the NBA) but they are not good, If they were good, we would have a good team.

Draft picks...can you believe that knox has shot over 50% just 3 times this entire season, same as frank...is that good?

So young players, most still or not far from their teenage years, struggle and that makes them not good players? And your wisdom is that if they were good we would be a good team? smh

Young players are NOT EVEN CLOSE to their potential of being good players. They dont have to be good players yet. They are good prospects that are still struggling with the ups and downs of finding who they are as pro basketball players in a league that plays way more games than they did before and at a pace and intensity different.

You are probably one of those that have been clamoring for us to rebuild and get draft picks. WELCOME to the rebuild with draft picks! If the trip is too turbulent for your comfort, return in a few years.

Trey young, KAT, KP, Mitchell, those are good young players, even mitch robinson.

I was never in favor of building entirely through the draft, because you have a 85% chance of draft knox and not tray..

you see what LA and Boston are going through, playing with young players that no longer give a fck because they all know they can be traded for a super star, or some one flat out better.

lets not forget this franchise hasn't resign a player they drafted since charlie ward, and mills continued that trend when he traded willy and KP.. so what rebuild are you really talking about, we are spinning our wheels here...

And i don't think anyone is crazy enough to believe KNOX and frank will be resigning once their rookie contracts expire

Willy was a lazy, entitled S.O.B. KP thinks it's all about him. No loyalty, no endurance. Let's see how it all shakes out.

So mills goes out his way to sign THJ, explains to him that him and KP are the future, gives him a boat load of money then does this..

Hardaway added that the Knicks never bothered to tell him he was traded.

“I found out from my agent. I didn’t find out from them at all,” he said. “Just goes to show.”

18 months later..

And for all those who insist Mills had no input on phils moves

Courtney Lee, who was also signed by Mills (it was during Jackson’s tenure but Mills drove the bus on that move as the GM),

This FO changes direction every 3 months..In october we were told that no moves would be made to chase the next shiny thing, and that the development of the current young crop was the sole purpose of the season, 13 wks later, the core of the yoUng crop is gone, and they're chasing the next shiny (kd/kyrie) thing..

Yea we have plan

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/5/2019  11:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

So young players, most still or not far from their teenage years, struggle and that makes them not good players? And your wisdom is that if they were good we would be a good team? smh

Young players are NOT EVEN CLOSE to their potential of being good players. They dont have to be good players yet. They are good prospects that are still struggling with the ups and downs of finding who they are as pro basketball players in a league that plays way more games than they did before and at a pace and intensity different.

You are probably one of those that have been clamoring for us to rebuild and get draft picks. WELCOME to the rebuild with draft picks! If the trip is too turbulent for your comfort, return in a few years.

Trey young, KAT, KP, Mitchell, those are good young players, even mitch robinson.

I was never in favor of building entirely through the draft, because you have a 85% chance of draft knox and not tray..

you see what LA and Boston are going through, playing with young players that no longer give a fck because they all know they can be traded for a super star, or some one flat out better.

lets not forget this franchise hasn't resign a player they drafted since charlie ward, and mills continued that trend when he traded willy and KP.. so what rebuild are you really talking about, we are spinning our wheels here...

And i don't think anyone is crazy enough to believe KNOX and frank will be resigning once their rookie contracts expire

Willy was a lazy, entitled S.O.B. KP thinks it's all about him. No loyalty, no endurance. Let's see how it all shakes out.

So mills goes out his way to sign THJ, explains to him that him and KP are the future, gives him a boat load of money then does this..

“I found out from my agent. I didn’t find out from them at all,” he said. “Just goes to show.”

18 months later..

Courtney Lee, who was also signed by Mills (it was during Jackson’s tenure but Mills drove the bus on that move as the GM),

This FO changes direction every 3 months..In october we were told that no moves would be made to chase the next shiny thing, and that the development of the current young crop was the sole purpose of the season, 13 wks later, the core of the yoUng crop is gone, and they're chasing the next shiny (kd/kyrie) thing..

Yea we have plan

I don't think they planned on pivoting so quickly this season. The core of the young group demanded a trade. What did you expect them to do? Now, I agree Mills has been a dumpster fire in his decision making. But you also have to admit that Perry has been a stabilizing force. As far as I can tell, we still have most of our young players on the roster.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
3/5/2019  1:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2019  1:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

18 months later..

Yea we have plan

I don't think they planned on pivoting so quickly this season. The core of the young group demanded a trade. What did you expect them to do? Now, I agree Mills has been a dumpster fire in his decision making. But you also have to admit that Perry has been a stabilizing force. As far as I can tell, we still have most of our young players on the roster.

To pivot so quickly mean you really didn't have a rock solid plan, other than to singed draft bust and give up on then quicker than the team that dropped them..

Perry does whatever mills tells him to do, or maybe I'm misunderstanding you when you say STABILIZING FORCE, what exactly is he stabilizing by signing players we have very little interest in keeping..

Fizdale wanted knox more than anyone in the FO, and they went with him..Mills continues to not trade frank despite bring in rental PG after rental PG..

Im not sure who to give the credit to for drafing tier and mitch, but I just find it crazy that your undrafted rookie is 10x better then your lottery pick

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/5/2019  1:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

18 months later..

Yea we have plan

To pivot so quickly mean you really didn't have a rock solid plan, other than to singed draft bust and give up on then quicker than the team that dropped them..

Perry does whatever mills tells him to do, or maybe I'm misunderstanding you when you say STABILIZING FORCE, what exactly is he stabilizing by signing players we have very little interest in keeping..

Fizdale wanted knox more than anyone in the FO, and they went with him..Mills continues to not trade frank despite bring in rental PG after rental PG..

Im not sure who to give the credit to for drafing tier and mitch, but I just find it crazy that your undrafted rookie is 10x better then your lottery pick

Don't you think building a team around KP, young players and free agency was a Rock solid plan h ading into the season? The KP scenario altered things and we did a solid job recovering. Maybe not the best, but we could of done a lot worse. THJ was Mills boy according to past articles You don't think Perry had any say in getting rid of him? Perry gets credit for Trier and Mitch. Heck our scouting departments gets credit. Our drafting has been solid across regimes over the past few years. As for MitchRob, chances are he would go top 5 in a re-draft. Let that sink in. He's not just better than our lottery pick, but nearly every player taken ahead of him. Frank and Knox we're brought in based on potential. Every scouting report said it would take time. It is what it is.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/5/2019  3:54 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

It’s so funny how the same people that have been clamoring for rebuilding through the draft for years are the same people saying we are worthless unless we start winning.

My God!

How many projects do we have on the team? Ok, before going there, just a reminder that projects are talented players with potential but still not fully developed to repeatedly and consistently making plays that win games. Cool with that? Ok, so how many projects do we have?

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

Now, just now, because the argument fits the complains, are people saying we don’t have talent because if we did we would win. What the fudge?!?

Oh, and those will be the same people that will complain on the draft that we should’ve lost enough to have a better draft pick!

This is a really disgusting era where we simply complain because we can, with no regard to what it’s actually being excecuted! No, let’s just complain to complain!

Ridiculous! The Knicks as an organization have tried to appease the fans for years, trying to make deals to win now. The execution has been terrible and the reset button had to be pressed. Somebody finally dared to do so and we are in the process. Let’s give that team a chance.

Durant may not sign here and if we avoid signing anyone else to overpaid contracts and stick to rebuilding through the draft and savvy signings, we will be back sooner than later.

Rebuilding is here. Enjoy the process or jump to the shiniest bandwagon of your choice.

A complaining mind usually complains about things that happened in the past. When we do not look forward to the future with a positive mind set, and when our Prana (life force energy) is low, then our mind tends to get entangled with the events of the past, and it starts to regret or complain about them. That is why the wise ones around us who have foresight encourage us by saying, 'Drop all this garbage of the past. Just smile and move forward. Your complaining does not help improve or resolve anything'.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knicksfan
USA
3/5/2019  9:38 PM
arkrud wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

My God!

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

A complaining mind usually complains about things that happened in the past. When we do not look forward to the future with a positive mind set, and when our Prana (life force energy) is low, then our mind tends to get entangled with the events of the past, and it starts to regret or complain about them. That is why the wise ones around us who have foresight encourage us by saying, 'Drop all this garbage of the past. Just smile and move forward. Your complaining does not help improve or resolve anything'.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

🙌🏽

Knicks_Fan
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

3/6/2019  1:53 PM

Welcome to the mentality of the Native New Yorker....fuhgeddaboudit
knicks1248
3/6/2019  2:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/6/2019  2:55 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

My God!

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

Rebuilding.. that's what you keep telling yourself yr after yr to justify the BS

1st yr- 17 wins. oh were rebuilding

2nd yr- 32 wins, be patient we're rebuilding

3rd yr- 31, wins, phil and mills know what there doing, time to get rid of melo, we're rebuilding

4th yr- 29 wins, we're just in the first stage of rebuilding now that JH doesn't have to deal with phil's triangle

5th yr- on pace for 15 wins, some people are just not patient, we're rebuilding.

OOOKAY, I guess some of you do need a wake up call

ES
Knicksfan
USA
3/6/2019  6:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

My God!

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

Rebuilding.. that's what you keep telling yourself yr after yr to justify the BS

3rd yr- 31, wins, phil and mills know what there doing, time to get rid of melo, we're rebuilding

4th yr- 29 wins, we're just in the first stage of rebuilding now that JH doesn't have to deal with phil's triangle

5th yr- on pace for 15 wins, some people are just not patient, we're rebuilding.

Lol it’s SO FUNNY how you take an isolated aspect of a complex issue and run with it to justify an argument that if analyzed fairly would make you see things differently.

Let’s see some of your amazing logic:

1. We must not have any talent on the team because we are a losing team.
Oh, right, our record must mean all those young players who have shown glimpses of potentially becoming good players in this league but needing time to adjust and learn like ALL YOUNG PLAYERS DO are actually nothing. Yeah, absolutely no value and talent on this team. Great logic.

2. Lottery pick means instant star player no matter what.
Sure, Ntilikina and Knox are already busts in the league, wasted picks that suck eternally. Who cares if they are one teen and another that just left the status recently, both guys adapting from outside the country or from college, both considered projects with high potential but needing both to be developed. Nah, why looking deeper when it’s so easy to pick something and declare it an absolute truth?

3. Losing season means rebuilding.
So obvious, right? A team on a losing record is rebuilding so we have been eternally rebuilding. Let’s disregard the fact that most of those years, management tried and failed st grabbing players to actually contend in the East. Because obviously having Carmelo, signing Noah, Hardaway Jr. and Lee, all veterans, wasn’t hoping to add wins. Nah, the fact that for the first time in forever we actually have clean books, multiple draft picks and young players on short and team friendly contracts have NOTHING to do with finally embracing rebuilding with a plan.

4. Rebuilding happens fast.
Oh yeah, because if you are complaining that our rebuilding started a few seasons ago, I guess you believe that it is a one year or less process where everything falls into place instantly because nothing can go wrong, right? Of course in your mind you just draft in the lottery, which means we get a guy playing like a future hall of gamer from day one, another guy in the second round who becomes a star just because you drafted him, get a coach that instantly turns your previous losing roster into championship contenders and that’s it. Right?

Don’t worry, I get it. Management making the right decisions for the first time in years and showing willingness to rebuild through young players even if it takes many years isn’t as fun as nitpicking on certain aspects of the process. Have fun with that.

Knicks_Fan
knicks1248
3/7/2019  8:58 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

My God!

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

Lol it’s SO FUNNY how you take an isolated aspect of a complex issue and run with it to justify an argument that if analyzed fairly would make you see things differently.

Oh, right, our record must mean all those young players who have shown glimpses of potentially becoming good players in this league but needing time to adjust and learn like ALL YOUNG PLAYERS DO are actually nothing. Yeah, absolutely no value and talent on this team. Great logic.

Sure, Ntilikina and Knox are already busts in the league, wasted picks that suck eternally. Who cares if they are one teen and another that just left the status recently, both guys adapting from outside the country or from college, both considered projects with high potential but needing both to be developed. Nah, why looking deeper when it’s so easy to pick something and declare it an absolute truth?

So obvious, right? A team on a losing record is rebuilding so we have been eternally rebuilding. Let’s disregard the fact that most of those years, management tried and failed st grabbing players to actually contend in the East. Because obviously having Carmelo, signing Noah, Hardaway Jr. and Lee, all veterans, wasn’t hoping to add wins. Nah, the fact that for the first time in forever we actually have clean books, multiple draft picks and young players on short and team friendly contracts have NOTHING to do with finally embracing rebuilding with a plan.

Oh yeah, because if you are complaining that our rebuilding started a few seasons ago, I guess you believe that it is a one year or less process where everything falls into place instantly because nothing can go wrong, right? Of course in your mind you just draft in the lottery, which means we get a guy playing like a future hall of gamer from day one, another guy in the second round who becomes a star just because you drafted him, get a coach that instantly turns your previous losing roster into championship contenders and that’s it. Right?

Don’t worry, I get it. Management making the right decisions for the first time in years and showing willingness to rebuild through young players even if it takes many years isn’t as fun as nitpicking on certain aspects of the process. Have fun with that.

In sports you will get fired if you continue to lose, there's no way around it, It's like death it's inevitable, i don't know why you don't get that..

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2019  10:56 AM
arkrud
USA
3/7/2019  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2019  11:00 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

My God!

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

In sports you will get fired if you continue to lose, there's no way around it, It's like death it's inevitable, i don't know why you don't get that..

you continue to lose for how long?
And who is you?
Some collective Knicks FO stereotype developed over 20 years?
Probably. but how you can fire stereotype? It is in your head so you need to clear it from you head.
Don't confuse the reality with things in your head. This things have nothing to do with what is going on.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
3/7/2019  11:30 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

My God!

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

And who is you?
Probably. but how you can fire stereotype? It is in your head so you need to clear it from you head.
Don't confuse the reality with things in your head. This things have nothing to do with what is going on.

you'll see

ES
arkrud
USA
3/7/2019  11:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2019  11:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

My God!

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

And who is you?

you'll see

Yep. I hope we all be around when they will be fired or congratulated.
Regardless it is not the end of the world. Just a sport club.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/7/2019  6:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2019  6:21 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

My God!

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

And who is you?

This is brilliant. This idea has led the way for people to achieve enlightenment for sure.

Yes, Enlightenment and Transcendence you shall have. Clear the stereotypes from your head you must.

All jokes aside, i don't think its that easy to do so, unfortunately. However the benefits are plenty. The full advantage is unimaginable, I think. I imagine one would become more objective as a result, at the very least.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
arkrud
USA
3/8/2019  12:29 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

My God!

Smith Jr.
Trier
Knox
Vonleh
Robinson
Dotson
Ntilikina
Mudiay
Jenkins
Allen
Kornet
Ellenson

And who is you?

This is brilliant. This idea has led the way for people to achieve enlightenment for sure.

Yes, Enlightenment and Transcendence you shall have. Clear the stereotypes from your head you must.

All jokes aside, i don't think its that easy to do so, unfortunately. However the benefits are plenty. The full advantage is unimaginable, I think. I imagine one would become more objective as a result, at the very least.

It is not easy. In fact absolute majority of people cannot do it.
To have an ability to clean up some of this junk from you mind you need some techniques.
Meditation, Yoga, breath exercises, charity work will help.
For starters just observe you thoughts instead of being carried away by them.
You will be surprised how much junk comes into you mind which is totally useless.
Filter them out and move on.

Wake up Call

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy