[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Going out on a Limb
Author Thread
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
3/1/2019  2:55 PM
If we end up signing Durant and/or another big max guy - think we should consider bringing back "Subpar Mario." He is clearly talented and maybe will play better off of other stars? He could probably be had for a minimum deal as he didn't really progress this season. He tries on defense, knows the team/coach, does well on the fast break and can shoot from outside. Different expectations then last year when we hoped he would really improve, but still can be serviceable... especially when weighing him vs other minimum salary players.
AUTOADVERT
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
3/1/2019  3:50 PM
"So who's with me?"
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/1/2019  4:34 PM
he is full of himself in a way where he prefers to make the difficult pass (that has no margin for error) instead of the basic simple pass. Those fancy plays end up in turnovers. He has a good amount of talent, but IMO he wants to play with a certain flare, and ends up making some boneheaded mistakes..
ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/1/2019  4:39 PM
When mario doesn’t play I genuinely forget he exists
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/1/2019  5:04 PM
jskinny35 wrote:If we end up signing Durant and/or another big max guy - think we should consider bringing back "Subpar Mario." He is clearly talented and maybe will play better off of other stars? He could probably be had for a minimum deal as he didn't really progress this season. He tries on defense, knows the team/coach, does well on the fast break and can shoot from outside. Different expectations then last year when we hoped he would really improve, but still can be serviceable... especially when weighing him vs other minimum salary players.

I mean, I can try on defense and also shoot from the outside. But I suck at both; Mario ain't that much better.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/1/2019  5:09 PM
martin wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:If we end up signing Durant and/or another big max guy - think we should consider bringing back "Subpar Mario." He is clearly talented and maybe will play better off of other stars? He could probably be had for a minimum deal as he didn't really progress this season. He tries on defense, knows the team/coach, does well on the fast break and can shoot from outside. Different expectations then last year when we hoped he would really improve, but still can be serviceable... especially when weighing him vs other minimum salary players.

I mean, I can try on defense and also shoot from the outside. But I suck at both; Mario ain't that much better.

Yep. And now that we have DSJ, we don't even need Mario for the occasional highlight dunk. I'd rather re-sign Ron Baker if I had a choice.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2019  5:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/1/2019  5:49 PM
jskinny35 wrote:"So who's with me?"

I was thinking your way out on the limb but then Rainman chimed in and as per usual I think "If rainman thinks its a bad idea, I might should reconsider it".

I think some players won't look good freeflowing as we are now. Frank is a very good example. Last nite we win that game as he is patient and when he is on point he makes sure the guys are in position. Also defense and creating some havoc with a nose for the ball is good.

had to put in my subliminal love frank thing. Pisses rainman off.
Mario has succeeded at times but almost like a very poor mans Manu. Very poor. Remember, we can only compare the white guys with others, and non Americans too! Manu had good hair when he was in his early 20s.
Back to Manu, he was a 25 year old rookie with SAS and his success was predicated on being who he was in the right system.
MAYBE, Mario could also be a role player that does somethings well as part of a system? Not manu mind you, just a guy on the bench playing 15 min a game. Its a stretch and out on the limb.

As for him being a "Total *******" I can't vouch for his stuck up Aryan thing but if so, phuch him in mouth as Darko would say...........
I doubt he sticks past this year.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/1/2019  6:18 PM
I am not sure what is going to happen to Mario. I don’t think they should bring him back. I read or heard someone speculating that he might not get on the court again this year for the Knicks. I think Fiz will give him minutes again but I think the Knicks will move on.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sambakick
Member: #5646

3/1/2019  8:40 PM
If we get two big names we won't have a lot of room left cap-wise. So we have the 4.5 mil exception. Then anyone else gets a veteran min deal.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
CrushAlot
USA
3/1/2019  10:12 PM
Bigger fish to fry. I don’t think Perry is like Walsh with his draft busts/disappointments.
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/1/2019  11:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Bigger fish to fry. I don’t think Perry is like Walsh with his draft busts/disappointments.

We've traded for Mudiay, tried to trade for Elfrid Payton, and signed Hezonja, Vonleh, and now Ellenson to deals. How could you possibly think that Perry doesn't target draft busts/disappointments?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Sambakick
Member: #5646

3/2/2019  12:45 AM

Mario is skilled and athletic. But when i watch him play it seems he is trying but maybe too hard. Isn't Ellenson a cheaper Mario giving us what we hoped for? I don't sense the same "feel for the game" in Mario. Ellenson came in and right away he is tossing lobs to Mitch. Then he's hitting clutch threes. That's what we wanted in Mario! We need guys who fit in as much as we need the high-ceiling guys who haven't put it all together yet and may never.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

3/2/2019  2:46 AM
Just like Allen has come in and given pressure to Frank, Ellenson has come in to pressure Mario. Still waiting for Mario to don his cape and win a couple of games. Ellenson has 1 and a half games to his credit.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

3/2/2019  9:29 AM
I love that we signed Mario and gave him a shot. That said, with that opportunity he showed me he isn’t very good. He wasn’t able to earn a steady role on a truly putrid basketball team. He certainly isn’t worthy of being in the rotation on what is hopefully a contending team in the future.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/2/2019  10:23 AM
Nalod wrote:

I was thinking your way out on the limb but then Rainman chimed in and as per usual I think "If rainman thinks its a bad idea, I might should reconsider it".

I think some players won't look good freeflowing as we are now. Frank is a very good example. Last nite we win that game as he is patient and when he is on point he makes sure the guys are in position. Also defense and creating some havoc with a nose for the ball is good.

Mario has succeeded at times but almost like a very poor mans Manu. Very poor. Remember, we can only compare the white guys with others, and non Americans too! Manu had good hair when he was in his early 20s.
Back to Manu, he was a 25 year old rookie with SAS and his success was predicated on being who he was in the right system.
MAYBE, Mario could also be a role player that does somethings well as part of a system? Not manu mind you, just a guy on the bench playing 15 min a game. Its a stretch and out on the limb.

As for him being a "Total *******" I can't vouch for his stuck up Aryan thing but if so, phuch him in mouth as Darko would say...........

Your obsession with knicks1248 is getting ridiculous. Let the man have his opinion. It isn’t hurting anyone but you. You did this in the past with Playa and your doing this with knicks1248. It’s borderline cyber bullying.

CrushAlot
USA
3/2/2019  11:06 AM
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Bigger fish to fry. I don’t think Perry is like Walsh with his draft busts/disappointments.

We've traded for Mudiay, tried to trade for Elfrid Payton, and signed Hezonja, Vonleh, and now Ellenson to deals. How could you possibly think that Perry doesn't target draft busts/disappointments?

I like what Perry has done and his approach. My point was that I don't see him bringing in a Bender or Fred Jones types like Walsh did. I think Mario was given a chance this year and it didn't work out. Unless Fiz loves him I don't see him coming back.
Nalod
USA
3/2/2019  11:09 AM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Your obsession with knicks1248 is getting ridiculous. Let the man have his opinion. It isn’t hurting anyone but you. You did this in the past with Playa and your doing this with knicks1248. It’s borderline cyber bullying.

Oh please. Rainman arrogantly creates his fiction as if he is an insider. I call out his content, not the man himself. Thats not cyberbullying. The redundant agenda driven bullshyt points need to be called out because more causal fans start to digest it as facts. You make it like I drove Playa out. PLaya drove playa out.

Rainman can have his opinion but he pretends it’s factual. State that its an opinion. There are a ton of opionons I don’t agree with, but I respect it.
Basing things on falsehoods is not an opinion, its crap.
I agree, I’m a bit obsessive. I don’t need to respond as much as I do. I don’t need to be the defender of straight up talk and facts. But I do. Stupidity and lying should not be tolerated.

VCoug
Member: #1406

3/2/2019  1:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
VCoug wrote:

I like what Perry has done and his approach. My point was that I don't see him bringing in a Bender or Fred Jones types like Walsh did. I think Mario was given a chance this year and it didn't work out. Unless Fiz loves him I don't see him coming back.

Sure, I'm not saying it's a bad plan, I definitely prefer it to what stupid **** Phil Jackson was doing. Just seems weird to say that Perry isn't targeting these players when he very clearly is.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
USA
3/2/2019  3:14 PM
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Sure, I'm not saying it's a bad plan, I definitely prefer it to what stupid **** Phil Jackson was doing. Just seems weird to say that Perry isn't targeting these players when he very clearly is.

The guys that Walsh brought in were busts for their draft position and older. Mario is still just 23 and he isn’t getting minutes at Knox, Trier or Robinson’s expense.
Nalod
USA
3/2/2019  3:35 PM
Perry not strutting these guys out to be with Melo. Also Walsh has not developing yoots and not a plethora of draft picks. Dolan had him banking on Mozgov and Jr Smith.
Going out on a Limb

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy