[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The anti-tank missle
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/28/2019  9:21 PM
The higher Mitch rises the more trade value he has, the more important he is on the court, and perhaps even would have been a top 5 pick this year.
My point? The Tank developed him too.
With just 14% at top spot in draft it is low odds.
From what I have seen this year its not a tank. The kids are trying. Hardaway in his Dallas presser said the team was not defeated.
Let knox shoot, let trier spin and bring Frank into the fold next year.
Some said our FO was oblivious and our coach null and void.
Some of you should be banned from the future.
AUTOADVERT
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

2/28/2019  10:24 PM
Everyone who was killing the Knicks for limiting Kanter's starts and minutes earlier in the year when Mitch wasn't scoring at all and not rebounding as well.... this version of Mitch is the fruit of that labor. You don't get this Mitch without taking the minutes Kanter felt he was owed.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/1/2019  5:26 AM
Sambakick wrote:Everyone who was killing the Knicks for limiting Kanter's starts and minutes earlier in the year when Mitch wasn't scoring at all and not rebounding as well.... this version of Mitch is the fruit of that labor. You don't get this Mitch without taking the minutes Kanter felt he was owed.

Player development? On the Knicks? How good does it feel to watch players come into their own with our own two eyes.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2019  8:01 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
Sambakick wrote:Everyone who was killing the Knicks for limiting Kanter's starts and minutes earlier in the year when Mitch wasn't scoring at all and not rebounding as well.... this version of Mitch is the fruit of that labor. You don't get this Mitch without taking the minutes Kanter felt he was owed.

Player development? On the Knicks? How good does it feel to watch players come into their own with our own two eyes.

I am pumped up to see Mitch breaking thru. Now, lets not get too carried away. He is still raw but progressing to the point were some stats are telling a potential story. At pick 36 its darn good!
Take Trier and Mitch as good examples of high value. Knox and frank a work in progress.
What you saw last nite was where frank could have helped. Fiz is on record as saying he directs the offense and makes things happen on defense.
Most fans have to see it to believe it. Frank has samples. He still has a long way to sell it.
Cavs suck but they have kevin love. He is on the court you have to guard him. Even if he is a decoy, you have to respect. We don't have all stars with chip cred on the team. Cavs won, big woo.

ankurk
Member: #6075

3/1/2019  8:38 AM
Seeing the improvement he’s made to his free throws I don’t see it’s too crazy to see him work in a mid range shot similar to amare stoudemires range over the summer. Add 10-20 lbs to his frame And we have a starting center for years to come.

Things for Mitch to work on before the start of 2019-20:
1) strength to play take contact and finish in the paint - eventually be able to play bully ball down low
2) continue to become more vocal at both ends of the court. Learning schemes on defense and helping his teammates by communicating on D like Tyson chandler used to.
3) extending his game to incorporate the pick and pop. Every team is expecting the pick and lob which has been successful for Deandre in his career but giving Mitch the option to hit a 12-15 foot jumper will give the opposing defense nightmares

I think these 3 are attainable goals to work towards over the remainder of the year and the summer. They might not all happen this year but within the next 2-3 years wouldn’t be too bad

Sambakick
Member: #5646

3/1/2019  12:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/1/2019  12:50 PM
I like him adding strength and becoming more vocal. I don't think having him take 12-15 ft shots is good. I would rather he became a threat from the arc if he is going to take a lower percentage shot than a dunk. He shoots 76% from inside. I wouldn't dilute that with a shot that is made like 43% if the time (.86 points per shot attempt) if he can hit 3s 30% of the time (.9 points per shot attempt)
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
The anti-tank missle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy