They calling Kyrie a fraud
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/27/2019  9:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2019  9:23 AM
Im sure we all notice this

https://deadspin.com/is-kyrie-irving-a-fraud-an-investigation-1832917654

Kyrie Irving is a former NBA champion, a six-time All-Star, and is, in his curious way, the vocal leader of the Boston Celtics, a nominal championship contender currently parked three games behind the Victor Oladipo-less Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference standings. He is a mega super duper star, but his future with the Celtics has recently been a topic of speculation, which gives rise to the following very serious question: Is Kyrie Irving, in fact, a mighty fraud? The circumstances call for a thorough gathering of facts. To the facts!

Fact 1: The Celtics are undefeated in their last six (6) games played without Kyrie Irving in the lineup, with wins over three current playoff teams, including a road win over a team ahead of the Celtics in the standings.

Fact 2: The Celtics are winless in their last five (5) games played with Kyrie Irving in the lineup, including losses to the Bulls and Lakers.

Fact 3: The Celtics are 9–2 overall this season in games without Kyrie Irving in the lineup.

Fact 4: The Celtics went 14–8 in regular season games last season without Kyrie Irving in the lineup.

Fact 5: Since Kyrie Irving joined the Celtics, they have a better win percentage in regular season games without him in the lineup (.697) than in games with him in the lineup (.633).

Fact 6: Since Kyrie Irving joined the Celtics, they have won zero (0) playoff games with him in the lineup.

Fact 7: Since Kyrie Irving joined the Celtics, they have won 11 playoff games without him in the lineup.

Fact 8: Jaylen Brown has much more experience being the best player on a team in the playoffs than Kyrie Irving does.

Fact 9: The Celtics just had their dicks pulverized by the Raptors on national television.

Fact 10: Before he became the de facto second-best player on a team featuring the best basketball player on earth, his Cavaliers teams were horrible and he was a big ol’ loser.

Fact 11: Teammates Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Terry Rozier all played the best basketball of their careers during Kyrie Irving’s prolonged absence at the end of last regular season, and have all regressed noticeably and troublingly this season, under his stepped-up leadership.

Fact 12: Kyrie Irving’s leadership philosophy was learned via a combination of Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and YouTube conspiracy videos.

A sober and totally unbiased reading of these not-at-all cherry-picked facts of the case leads to only one possible conclusion: Kyrie Irving is a fraud and a bum, and will be the leader and centerpiece of the next truly memorable New York Knicks team, starting this summer.

with DSJ and Mudiay playing relatively decent, do we really need Kyrie, is he really a good fit.

He really did nothing to level up his teammates prior to LBJ coming back to cle, but I won't hold that against him looking how LBJ has struggle playing with young players..

The lakers and the celtics young boys seem to have played much better last yr without LBJ and Kyrie

ES
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/27/2019  10:33 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Im sure we all notice this

Kyrie Irving is a former NBA champion, a six-time All-Star, and is, in his curious way, the vocal leader of the Boston Celtics, a nominal championship contender currently parked three games behind the Victor Oladipo-less Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference standings. He is a mega super duper star, but his future with the Celtics has recently been a topic of speculation, which gives rise to the following very serious question: Is Kyrie Irving, in fact, a mighty fraud? The circumstances call for a thorough gathering of facts. To the facts!

Fact 1: The Celtics are undefeated in their last six (6) games played without Kyrie Irving in the lineup, with wins over three current playoff teams, including a road win over a team ahead of the Celtics in the standings.

Fact 2: The Celtics are winless in their last five (5) games played with Kyrie Irving in the lineup, including losses to the Bulls and Lakers.

Fact 3: The Celtics are 9–2 overall this season in games without Kyrie Irving in the lineup.

Fact 4: The Celtics went 14–8 in regular season games last season without Kyrie Irving in the lineup.

Fact 5: Since Kyrie Irving joined the Celtics, they have a better win percentage in regular season games without him in the lineup (.697) than in games with him in the lineup (.633).

Fact 6: Since Kyrie Irving joined the Celtics, they have won zero (0) playoff games with him in the lineup.

Fact 7: Since Kyrie Irving joined the Celtics, they have won 11 playoff games without him in the lineup.

Fact 8: Jaylen Brown has much more experience being the best player on a team in the playoffs than Kyrie Irving does.

Fact 9: The Celtics just had their dicks pulverized by the Raptors on national television.

Fact 10: Before he became the de facto second-best player on a team featuring the best basketball player on earth, his Cavaliers teams were horrible and he was a big ol’ loser.

Fact 11: Teammates Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Terry Rozier all played the best basketball of their careers during Kyrie Irving’s prolonged absence at the end of last regular season, and have all regressed noticeably and troublingly this season, under his stepped-up leadership.

Fact 12: Kyrie Irving’s leadership philosophy was learned via a combination of Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and YouTube conspiracy videos.

A sober and totally unbiased reading of these not-at-all cherry-picked facts of the case leads to only one possible conclusion: Kyrie Irving is a fraud and a bum, and will be the leader and centerpiece of the next truly memorable New York Knicks team, starting this summer.

with DSJ and Mudiay playing relatively decent, do we really need Kyrie, is he really a good fit.

He really did nothing to level up his teammates prior to LBJ coming back to cle, but I won't hold that against him looking how LBJ has struggle playing with young players..

The lakers and the celtics young boys seem to have played much better last yr without LBJ and Kyrie

Weren't you were willing to give up the whole team for him last off-season or something lol. While I don't know If I want Kryie on his own. I think he will be one of the stipulations to Durant coming. I think Durant comes (if he comes) with the idea of pairing with Kyrie.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/27/2019  11:39 AM
Kyrie Irving is NOT a fraud. He is, in my opinion, one of the top players in the world.

With that said, I don't think he is a good fit on that Boston Celtic squad. I would say, because they learned how to play so well WITHOUT him last season, that he actually may be holding them back.

I would love to have K.Irving on the Knicks IF WE DIDN'T have D.Smith Jr. Not comparing the two...K.Irving is by far the more superior player but I think DSJr. can bring similar production at a much cheaper cost. PLUS, I'm not convinced Durant would want to PLAY WITH K.IRVING. The way I see it, one of the reasons Durant left OKC was because he wanted to play more team ball and get away from the ISO play that Westbrook brought to the game and I think he would be in that same situation if he played with K.Irving

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/27/2019  12:00 PM

Is this really a sober and totally understand if unbiased "investigation." Fails to mention that Brown and the Celtics played their best ball last year with Kyrie in the lineup. Then he neglects to mention the Celtics tailspin with Kyrie hurt. They have won 0 playoff games with him playing? Wasn't he hurt and unable to play any post season games. I though this was an Onion article when I read it.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
2/27/2019  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2019  12:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Is this really a sober and totally understand if unbiased "investigation." Fails to mention that Brown and the Celtics played their best ball last year with Kyrie in the lineup. Then he neglects to mention the Celtics tailspin with Kyrie hurt. They have won 0 playoff games with him playing? Wasn't he hurt and unable to play any post season games. I though this was an Onion article when I read it.

Like NEWYORKNEWYOK said, I think it's just a bad fit..Thats My #1 reason of drafting players that fit, rather than the more talented player. you can have the most talented player in the world, but if he doesn't fit with the rest of the team or the style, than he's just another talented player in a not so good situation...

I see Boston players not playing as hard or as together as the did in the playoffs, and they definitely look like they are not having any kind of fun. The problem starts when guys open up in the media about their teammates..Now you got dudes looking at you sideways like WTF, keep that sht in house.

ES
knicks1248
2/27/2019  12:40 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Weren't you were willing to give up the whole team for him last off-season or something lol. While I don't know If I want Kryie on his own. I think he will be one of the stipulations to Durant coming. I think Durant comes (if he comes) with the idea of pairing with Kyrie.

Everyone except KP, but we didn't have DSJ back then..I still want him now, I was just asking to see how some of you felt

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/27/2019  1:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2019  1:41 PM
The Kyrie addition in Boston made them worse. This guy is a side kick to a side kick.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/27/2019  1:42 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Kyrie Irving is NOT a fraud. He is, in my opinion, one of the top players in the world.

With that said, I don't think he is a good fit on that Boston Celtic squad. I would say, because they learned how to play so well WITHOUT him last season, that he actually may be holding them back.

I would love to have K.Irving on the Knicks IF WE DIDN'T have D.Smith Jr. Not comparing the two...K.Irving is by far the more superior player but I think DSJr. can bring similar production at a much cheaper cost. PLUS, I'm not convinced Durant would want to PLAY WITH K.IRVING. The way I see it, one of the reasons Durant left OKC was because he wanted to play more team ball and get away from the ISO play that Westbrook brought to the game and I think he would be in that same situation if he played with K.Irving

I don't know that I would call him a top player- though he did excel in the finals, especially the year they won, though my memory might be off and it was the other year the Cavs lost.

I hope if KD is open to signing with the Knicks he'll consider the parts we have and not have pre-conceived notions. I personally think if we added KD & Klay and kept DSjr and found a way to retain Mudiay, that that would be an awesome backcourt now and into the future:

Klay
Mudiay

And then DSjr and Dotson as your off the bench guys

But, we'll see - we're just keyboard GMs!

BigDaddyG

2/27/2019  1:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Like NEWYORKNEWYOK said, I think it's just a bad fit..Thats My #1 reason of drafting players that fit, rather than the more talented player. you can have the most talented player in the world, but if he doesn't fit with the rest of the team or the style, than he's just another talented player in a not so good situation...

I see Boston players not playing as hard or as together as the did in the playoffs, and they definitely look like they are not having any kind of fun. The problem starts when guys open up in the media about their teammates..Now you got dudes looking at you sideways like WTF, keep that sht in house.

Maybe....this 'editorial' is still trash.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/27/2019  5:01 PM
franco12 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Kyrie Irving is NOT a fraud. He is, in my opinion, one of the top players in the world.

I don't know that I would call him a top player- though he did excel in the finals, especially the year they won, though my memory might be off and it was the other year the Cavs lost.

I hope if KD is open to signing with the Knicks he'll consider the parts we have and not have pre-conceived notions. I personally think if we added KD & Klay and kept DSjr and found a way to retain Mudiay, that that would be an awesome backcourt now and into the future:

Klay
Mudiay

KD and Kley will not play with Mud... I don't think they will be able to take it.
Contending team with supper star level SG and forwards need competent unselfish PG with great defense and flour vision.
Clay+KD firepower alone is enough to consume most of the shots.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/27/2019  5:37 PM
arkrud wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Klay
Mudiay

KD and Kley will not play with Mud... I don't think they will be able to take it.
Contending team with supper star level SG and forwards need competent unselfish PG with great defense and flour vision.

PAGING MR FRANK NTILIKINA....MR FRANK NTLIKINA...PLEASE BRING YOUR 3PT SHOT WITH YOU ......

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/27/2019  6:06 PM
arkrud wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Klay
Mudiay

why do you think KD & Klay won't play with Mudiay? I can see how KD & Klay might not gell with DSjr- but Mudiay is our best pure PG, looks to run the offense and get others involved and he can score off the offense that KD can initiate.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/27/2019  6:22 PM
Please, no

http://boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2019/02/24/kyrie-irving-says-the-celtics-will-be-fine-because-im-here/amp

After the Chicago Bulls beat the Boston Celtics 126-116 Saturday t0 pick up their 16th win in 60 games, Kyrie Irving was asked whether he thought the Celtics’ regular-season struggles will leak into the playoffs.

“No, we’ll be fine,” the star point guard told reporters.

Why do you think that?

“Because I’m here,” Irving replied.

Irving led Boston with 37 points and 10 assists but could not prevent the Celtics’ fourth defeat in six games. Zach Levine scored a career-high 42 points as the Bulls earned a measure of payback for the team’s December meeting when Boston won by 56 points in Chicago.

BigDaddyG

2/27/2019  6:28 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Please, no

http://boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2019/02/24/kyrie-irving-says-the-celtics-will-be-fine-because-im-here/amp

After the Chicago Bulls beat the Boston Celtics 126-116 Saturday t0 pick up their 16th win in 60 games, Kyrie Irving was asked whether he thought the Celtics’ regular-season struggles will leak into the playoffs.

Why do you think that?

Irving led Boston with 37 points and 10 assists but could not prevent the Celtics’ fourth defeat in six games. Zach Levine scored a career-high 42 points as the Bulls earned a measure of payback for the team’s December meeting when Boston won by 56 points in Chicago.

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/27/2019  6:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Maybe....this 'editorial' is still trash.

The article is literally a joke.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/27/2019  6:30 PM
franco12 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Klay
Mudiay

why do you think KD & Klay won't play with Mudiay? I can see how KD & Klay might not gell with DSjr- but Mudiay is our best pure PG, looks to run the offense and get others involved and he can score off the offense that KD can initiate.

Are we watching the same Mudiay? The one currently averaging less than 4 assists/game and who, from what I can tell, refuses to pass the ball to Mitch Robinson?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
GustavBahler

2/27/2019  6:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Why do you think that?

Sorry you went that route...

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/27/2019  7:19 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

I only sign Kyrie as the 2nd guy, If it means Durant I sign Irving.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG

2/27/2019  7:22 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Why do you think that?

I mean, I can't root for Kyrie's yet. I take pleasure in the Celtics crashing and burning.

GustavBahler

2/27/2019  7:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Why do you think that?

I mean, I can't root for Kyrie's yet. I take pleasure in the Celtics crashing and burning.

Because going to an even younger, much more untested team would go much better for Irving? Boston went to the ECF without him (and Gordon) Easy to see all the drama that would follow if he came to NY.

Lots of heroball, with or without Durant. Havent even gone into the injuries.

They calling Kyrie a fraud

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy