[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How do we not retain Mudiay in some fashion?
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/27/2019  9:06 AM
Great to add KD - but how can we jettison Mudiay with the way he has played?

I get we have DSjr - but he is streaky. Mudiay has been pretty steady and is our best floor general, I think.

I'm not saying to retain him at whatever his rookie deal dictates - but he is young, relatively cheap still with upside.

I think he has the potential to add value retained vs. someone like Kyrie or Kemba - because hopefully we can keep him and others (Vonleh)

Yes, we need star power- but depth is just as important.

AUTOADVERT
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
2/27/2019  9:07 AM
he sucks

let him walk

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/27/2019  9:58 AM
Mudiay has played very well for us this year....Best he has played in his short career. I would be all for keeping him on a cheap deal only if we strike out on FA's this summer. But I doubt KD is coming here without another Max player...if thats the case, we have to let Mudiay walk.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/27/2019  10:24 AM
Uptown wrote:Mudiay has played very well for us this year....Best he has played in his short career. I would be all for keeping him on a cheap deal only if we strike out on FA's this summer. But I doubt KD is coming here without another Max player...if thats the case, we have to let Mudiay walk.

I think even if KP were still on board, half of the cheap players on this roster were in danger of being jettisoned in favor of max player cap space. I think Mudiay can come back at the right price. I agree that he's playing the best he has in his career. He's basically transformed himself into the best version of Tyreke Evans.

His per-36 numbers look quite nice: Basically 20ppg/5apg/4rpg. He's shooting .512 from 2pt range, basically a whopping .1 better than his career average. He's a useful player, and at age 22 still has tremendous room for growth. This was a big year for him and he's producing a positive WS. If he can improve his 3pt % from 31% to 34%+ while maintaining the rest, he'll be an extremely productive player.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/27/2019  2:12 PM
Mudiay has been our most polished PG thus far. He has looked comfortable with the offense and has shown a good feel for the proper tempo. Question is how much is that worth. Would like to take a chance on his possible continued improvement but not at a cost that would impede signing other better pieces. Just think other teams may outbid what we are willing to pay.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/27/2019  2:50 PM
anrst wrote:he sucks

let him walk

Sucks compared to who, Steph Curry or Walt Frazier ?

This sound like a personal issue,..

ES
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/27/2019  4:49 PM
Mudiay had a career sub-38% fg percentage prior to this season. Thanks to better finishing at the rim and improved shot selection, he's at a whopping 45.8% this season, taking his career average to 39.2%.

This gives us some hope that the French Prince get it together one day... and the same goes for Kevin Knox. Fizdale and his staff teach attack angles and balance.

As far as Mudiay is concerned - for the right price, sure! Note that my other "fave" PG Elfrid Payton was fantastic after the trade deadline for the Suns. He earned a $3m contract with the Pelicans in the off-season.

Mudiay is putting up better numbers than Elfrid this season. I think other teams will be mighty suspicious that his production is Knicks smoke and mirrors, and that they'd have a hard time replicating his output.

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a 2 year (player option year 2) deal to stay with the Knicks/Fizdale and keep with his Jedi training for another season, solidifying "the new Mudiay". The tough part is in a world with Kyrie, we don't really have room for Frank/DSJr/Mudiay, as none of them would be the dead-eye shooters we'd seek at the SG spot.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/27/2019  4:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2019  4:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

let him walk

Mud in very inefficient scorer even at his best and he totally sucks as defender.
He also not great with running a team and how can he calling his number so much.
Coming from the bench for losing team is one thing and playing for winning team is some totally different.
If we will strike out on major FAs this year and rebuild will continue we can keep him on team friendly contract.
Not sure he made enough progress to get some interest from other teams. But who knows. Some team may overpay and then he is gone.
And in any case this is fine.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2019  5:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

let him walk

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2019  5:39 PM
The special sauce has done well for Mudiay. Even if we don’t keep him mostly because of his cap hold it demonstrates an ability to develop and rehabilitation talents of the knicks.
Mitch, Trier, Vonleh (tasing off) and Mud have all done well. Not all were expected to do so. Mario has not, and Frank has gone sideways. Does not mean we give up on him, but Mario is toast.

Mudiay cap hold is 12mm? If we bring him back its on a late deal. If he walks, its ok. We have Smith.
Our young guys including Mud still have upside.

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/27/2019  6:37 PM
Mudiay is garbage. He's the same basic player he's always been except he's improved his midrange shooting (not his shooting at the rim which is at the same level it was last season). All his basic stats are at the virtual same level they've been at the previous 3 seasons and while his advanced stats have improved they've only gone from worst player in the league to merely bad. At best, he projects to be a much worse Jamal Crawford.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/27/2019  6:47 PM
I wouldn't mind him back as PG depth, though I'm actually liking kadeem Allen than him. But if we go 3 deep at pg and sg, it can work. If we sign 1 or 0 max players you can sign him and still be reloaded for another FA run the following year as lance thomas will be off the books.
VCoug

2/27/2019  6:51 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:I wouldn't mind him back as PG depth, though I'm actually liking kadeem Allen than him. But if we go 3 deep at pg and sg, it can work. If we sign 1 or 0 max players you can sign him and still be reloaded for another FA run the following year as lance thomas will be off the books.

Lance Thomas is basically going to be off the books this Summer. We've got a $1M option to waive him this Summer and, as far as I know, those decisions always have a deadline and have to be made before free agency.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/27/2019  7:35 PM
will he play for the vet min? Thats the only way I sign him
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/27/2019  8:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2019  8:12 PM
Jmpasq wrote:will he play for the vet min? Thats the only way I sign him

What is the vet min next season? Like 1 mil?

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

2/27/2019  8:19 PM
Mudiay hasn't even turned 23 yet! Lots of room for Improvement! I hope we don't sign two max players, one will do with this team.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/27/2019  9:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2019  9:06 PM
Uptown wrote:Mudiay has played very well for us this year....Best he has played in his short career. I would be all for keeping him on a cheap deal only if we strike out on FA's this summer. But I doubt KD is coming here without another Max player...if thats the case, we have to let Mudiay walk.

8-10 mill ok and this is assuming he does not get hurt again for the rest of the season and balls as the best PG on the team.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/27/2019  9:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2019  9:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Mudiay has been our most polished PG thus far. He has looked comfortable with the offense and has shown a good feel for the proper tempo. Question is how much is that worth. Would like to take a chance on his possible continued improvement but not at a cost that would impede signing other better pieces. Just think other teams may outbid what we are willing to pay.

see reply above

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/28/2019  1:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2019  5:53 AM
ramtour420 wrote:

I want 2 Max Free Agents and im not using a cent of extra cap space for Mudiay. If we get 2 Max free agents there will be much better vet options with remaining space.

All this tells me is when we strike out in FA Im going to have people telling me his 4 year 60 million dollar deal isnt that bad. It will be Hardaway Jr. all over again.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
VCoug

2/28/2019  6:24 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

I want 2 Max Free Agents and im not using a cent of extra cap space for Mudiay. If we get 2 Max free agents there will be much better vet options with remaining space.

All this tells me is when we strike out in FA Im going to have people telling me his 4 year 60 million dollar deal isnt that bad. It will be Hardaway Jr. all over again.

OMG, please no. I can't take anymore of Mudiay and his weird defenders this season. If we re-sign him my head might explode.

How do we not retain Mudiay in some fashion?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy