The Media left out the best 2 max combo for the Knicks
Author Thread
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
2/25/2019  11:11 PM
KD and Kawhi
Just because there is zero rumor stuff ever about Kawhi wanting to go to NY doesn't mean he wouldn't. No one really knows what he wants which is how he likes it to be. Cool way to be- Kinda NEW YORK old school
DSjr
Kawhi
KD
Zion
Mitch Robinson

bench
Frank N
Trier
Dot
Knox
N Vonleh

I would buy 10 jerseys if that was our team. Just dreaming!!!

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/25/2019  11:18 PM
i am ALL over that.

one little thing tho - i don’t think we can afford noah in that situation - replace him with luke and we’re rollin’.

93BUICK
USA
2/25/2019  11:19 PM
isn't it weird that even the craziest of us hasn't even hoped for Kawhi to sign? Or anyone in the media including all the hot take dummies?
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/25/2019  11:22 PM
as good as it would be, what’s the very best thing? two little words - **** dj.
93BUICK
USA
2/25/2019  11:26 PM
Marv wrote:i am ALL over that.

one little thing tho - i don’t think we can afford noah in that situation - replace him with luke and we’re rollin’.

Extra value is what you get- when you sign Kor-o-net. Excellent correction I overlooked him.

100% agree. I like Vonleh signing w the rockets and Mudiay w the Suns- good spots for them to do what they did here role wise with less pressure but same skill set.

LK would be a perfect 1st big off the bench . Xtra Value!!

93BUICK
USA
2/25/2019  11:38 PM
Marv wrote:as good as it would be, what’s the very best thing? two little words - **** dj.

Toronto can win a title this year I don't care
KL and KD on the Knicks is my dream stars. They are both all ball and are the perfect basketball compliment way more than w another big man or PG. Skill wise and intellect they are the perfect matches each other and the younger talents the Knicks still have...........dreaming!!!!

GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
2/26/2019  7:46 AM
yes, KD and Kawhii.

KNicks do not need Irving as much as the other 2.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/26/2019  12:19 PM
That's my dream scenario, too. Without DSjr I might be more into Kyrie...but he's not critical now. KD and Kahwi will help develop DSjr into a PG-first player. Wow, what a team that would be. KP who?!?!?
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/26/2019  1:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2019  1:23 PM
There are a whole lot of potential FA's this summer. Lots of players have player options.
https://hoopshype.com/2019/02/08/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players/

By my estimation, these are the top FA targets this off-season:

Max-worthy players (that doesn't mean other players won't get max too... - Just this past year the Nets used one of my fantasy bball pressure tactics on the Wizards by making sign Otto Porter to a basically a max deal rather than losing him for nothing. Happens all the time.):
1. KD - player option
2. Kawhi - player option
3. Kyrie - player option
4. Kemba - player option
5. Klay - UFA
6. Jimmy Butler - UFA
7. Tobias Harris - UFA
8. Khris Middleton - player option
9. Cousins - UFA
10. D'Angelo Russell
11. Kristaps

Notable RFAs on rookie contracts:
Brogdon
Cauley-Stein

Big men:
1. Vucevic - UFA
2. Gasol - player option
3. Julius Randle - player option
4. Al Horford - player option
5. Jordan - UFA
6. Whiteside - player option

It's advantageous for us for the max players to decide where they want to go, rather than for us to play matchmaker at the superstar level.

I'm not crazy about Butler, Harris, Middleton, or Cousins. I wouldn't mind if we ended up trying to poison-pill Russell out of Brooklyn.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/26/2019  1:37 PM
technomaster wrote:There are a whole lot of potential FA's this summer. Lots of players have player options.
https://hoopshype.com/2019/02/08/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players/

By my estimation, these are the top FA targets this off-season:

Max-worthy players (that doesn't mean other players won't get max too... - Just this past year the Nets used one of my fantasy bball pressure tactics on the Wizards by making sign Otto Porter to a basically a max deal rather than losing him for nothing. Happens all the time.):
1. KD - player option
2. Kawhi - player option
3. Kyrie - player option
4. Kemba - player option
5. Klay - UFA
6. Jimmy Butler - UFA
7. Tobias Harris - UFA
8. Khris Middleton - player option
9. Cousins - UFA
10. D'Angelo Russell
11. Kristaps

Notable RFAs on rookie contracts:
Brogdon
Cauley-Stein

Big men:
1. Vucevic - UFA
2. Gasol - player option
3. Julius Randle - player option
4. Al Horford - player option
5. Jordan - UFA
6. Whiteside - player option

It's advantageous for us for the max players to decide where they want to go, rather than for us to play matchmaker at the superstar level.

I'm not crazy about Butler, Harris, Middleton, or Cousins. I wouldn't mind if we ended up trying to poison-pill Russell out of Brooklyn.

I'm all for the poison pill idea. I'm not sure Russell is the guy, because I don't think he's that good. Also, they have Levert and Dinwiddie. They wouldn't feelnthe pressure to max like other teams would. We might end up bidding against ourselves again like we did with THJ.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/26/2019  4:52 PM
KD and Kawhi would be down right criminal.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/26/2019  8:41 PM
93BUICK wrote:isn't it weird that even the craziest of us hasn't even hoped for Kawhi to sign? Or anyone in the media including all the hot take dummies?
Already created a thread on it as one of the greatest options out there but this would mean displacing Knox from starting lineup
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2019  9:18 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
93BUICK wrote:isn't it weird that even the craziest of us hasn't even hoped for Kawhi to sign? Or anyone in the media including all the hot take dummies?
Already created a thread on it as one of the greatest options out there but this would mean displacing Knox from starting lineup

No one shedding a tear on that one

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/26/2019  9:54 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
I think a few on here would, but yes that 3 of 16 tonight was horrendous
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

2/26/2019  10:37 PM
We just need one max player! Two surrounded by scrubs is not winning a Championship! Think Melo. One guy added to what we have would be great! That leaves lots of money for other decent players.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/26/2019  11:28 PM

I have and certainly hope so. But the rumors of him going to the Clippers are really strong, then I saw recently he bought a house in LA and lost some hope.

I do hope that happens, but isn’t is weird to slot him at SG. Not that it would stop me from getting him and obviously in this scenario we draft Zion. If we pick second, we could have this:

DSjr
Barrett
Kawhi
KD
Mitch

😍 that one too

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/26/2019  11:30 PM

Oh, and there was at least one early rumor about Kawhi linking him to LAC or to NYK. It looked fishy, though.

Knicks_Fan
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/27/2019  1:21 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
I think a few on here would, but yes that 3 of 16 tonight was horrendous

Knox chucking up bricks like this perfectly fills the void THJr left when he was traded.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

2/27/2019  2:54 AM
93BUICK wrote:KD and Kawhi
Just because there is zero rumor stuff ever about Kawhi wanting to go to NY doesn't mean he wouldn't. No one really knows what he wants which is how he likes it to be. Cool way to be- Kinda NEW YORK old school
DSjr
Kawhi
KD
Zion
Mitch Robinson

bench
Frank N
Trier
Dot
Knox
N Vonleh

I would buy 10 jerseys if that was our team. Just dreaming!!!

The problem is Durant and Leonard would have to come without their Bird Rights. Meaning not only would they have to leave the max possible and max years from the teams with their Bird Rights, but they'd need to leave even more on the table to actually build a team around them. You are also banking on the Knicks winning the draft lottery. Knox, Trier and DSJr offer a bit too much reckless gunning to fit as role players around elite guys. Knicks won't likely be able to afford Vonleh in this situation ( they don't have his Bird Rights)

MRob looks good but he's a rookie. DSJr is not any kind of fit as an off ball player, which he would have to be with Durant/Leonard.

The idea of signing two max free agents without their Bird Rights opens up a ton of complications. It would be asking Durant to leave a legit contender who can offer him max years and max money possible. It would also be asking Leonard to leave a better team who can offer more money and years.

What you are asking is for 15-20 unlikely things to happen to happen in sequence for this to be possible.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/27/2019  9:55 AM
Knicksfan wrote:

I have and certainly hope so. But the rumors of him going to the Clippers are really strong, then I saw recently he bought a house in LA and lost some hope.

I do hope that happens, but isn’t is weird to slot him at SG. Not that it would stop me from getting him and obviously in this scenario we draft Zion. If we pick second, we could have this:

DSjr
Barrett
Kawhi
KD
Mitch

😍 that one too

That is actually almost as good, and certainly a better fit for Kawhi at his natural spot.

The Media left out the best 2 max combo for the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy