[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rick Pitino approves of the Knicks moves
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/24/2019  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2019  9:00 AM

For all you haters

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/24/2019  9:06 AM
My all time favorite coach....the 1989 Knicks team aka the bomb squad was probably my favorite squad to watch...
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/24/2019  11:11 AM
Looks like Rick looking for relevant work.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/24/2019  11:40 AM
Vmart wrote:Looks like Rick looking for relevant work.

When Pitino left the Knicks, he probably picked the only college program Knicks fans could understand him bailing on the team for, at the time. Kentucky was an even bigger deal back then. Got into trouble when his duties got beyond head coach.

Pitino's ego got the best of him. Would have been much better off just sticking to coaching, and let his resume do the recruiting for him.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2019  12:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

When Pitino left the Knicks, he probably picked the only college program Knicks fans could understand him bailing on the team for, at the time. Kentucky was an even bigger deal back then. Got into trouble when his duties got beyond head coach.

Pitino's ego got the best of him. Would have been much better off just sticking to coaching, and let his resume do the recruiting for him.

Kentucky was then, and still a big deal but him going there was big for a brash north east kid!
The even bigger jump to run the Celtics and the enormous money and control he got in that era of starphuch coach/GM/President was also massive. Especially when your on the heels of Red Auerbach! It did not go well for him in Boston but over all he has made big money, has tasted glory and a HOF career. The thing in Louisville was unfortunate regardless of his blame or not. Only thing that bugs me out about him is plastic surgery....

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/24/2019  1:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Kentucky was then, and still a big deal but him going there was big for a brash north east kid!
The even bigger jump to run the Celtics and the enormous money and control he got in that era of starphuch coach/GM/President was also massive. Especially when your on the heels of Red Auerbach! It did not go well for him in Boston but over all he has made big money, has tasted glory and a HOF career. The thing in Louisville was unfortunate regardless of his blame or not. Only thing that bugs me out about him is plastic surgery....

Kentucky took up more of the oxygen back then, before the 24/7 news cycle. Still a big deal though.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/24/2019  1:27 PM
Uptown wrote:My all time favorite coach....the 1989 Knicks team aka the bomb squad was probably my favorite squad to watch...

that was my favorite team as well - not all the talent in the world, but he went deep with the bench, the pressing and the constant effort.

I kinda thought our team this year could have played a similar style - at least as far as going deep into the bench since we had a lot of players that were ok, but not clear cut stars.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/24/2019  2:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2019  2:10 PM
EnySpree wrote:

For all you haters

Oh, I though he was referring to the way we protected our guys during sex scandals, or the class Fisher showed supporting a former teammates ex- wife.
Seriously, his tenure as coach and GM was bad. Not the coaching part so much, but his job as GM was horrible.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

2/24/2019  6:23 PM

I was happy when Rick Pitino left the Knicks for college, it gave the Knicks the opportunity to hire a winning NBA head coach named Pat Riley.
Rick need to save his GM comments to him self .. I'm still pissed at Kentucky for not preparing Knox offense/defense performance to win in the NCAA.

Nalod
USA
2/24/2019  11:29 PM
Kemet wrote:

I was happy when Rick Pitino left the Knicks for college, it gave the Knicks the opportunity to hire a winning NBA head coach named Pat Riley.
Rick need to save his GM comments to him self .. I'm still pissed at Kentucky for not preparing Knox offense/defense performance to win in the NCAA.

Not sure what your asking of Kentucky regarding knox, But you might want to thank Stu Jackson and John McCloud who coached the knicks after Pitino left for Kentucky.

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

2/25/2019  9:41 AM
I'm always skeptical of college coaches especially if they have stacked teams.

Having said that, I recall Pitino pumping up D.Mitchell before the draft so perhaps he still has an eye for what succeeds in NBA

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
2/25/2019  10:20 AM
Chandler wrote:I'm always skeptical of college coaches especially if they have stacked teams.

Having said that, I recall Pitino pumping up D.Mitchell before the draft so perhaps he still has an eye for what succeeds in NBA

What he knew about professional sex workers in the dorm does not speak to his basketball acumen. He has years and years of basketball experience. Even his failure as Celtic GM has benefits as perhaps they were learning experiences. The Joe Johnson trade hurt him. He tanked for Duncan, that did not work out.
Tanking does not mean your a bad coach. No advocatoing for him to run knicks. Rick was native to NYC and too bad he did not stick to build a pro legacy.
His ego was motivated and likely he would have clashed with a younger Dolan who was just learning the ropes.
Im not defending him as he likely bit off more than he could chew then. He has won chips at two different schools and is enshrined in the HOF.
Im not a fan per se, but Rick knows hoop.

Rick Pitino approves of the Knicks moves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy