The biggest surprise team in the NBA will be Orlando
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
9/22/2004  1:35 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i think so--as long as he gets the minutes. hes just to big and athletic not to be an immediate impact shot blocker and rebounder. you have to watch this guy play. I dont think that 13 points 11 rebounds 3 blocks is something out of reach for Dwight. Look at the history of what you would call franchise players taken at number 1 and their stats. This guy is a freak of nature--

I guess we will see....I'm predicting an learning season for him. Lots of bench time and getting his feet wet. Somewhere around 8-10pts, 6reb and 1-2 blocks. Lots of fouls.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/22/2004  1:44 PM
I agree with both Fish and Andrew here. I wouldn't obsess over Howard's stats. What's important is that he adjust to the league and show growth and potential. If you're expecting him to get more blocks and rebounds than all those players Andrew listed, though, then you've gotta calm down a little; you're getting just a little bit too excited too early.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/22/2004  1:47 PM
i got Orlando maybe squeaking into the playoffs as a #8 seed in the East...but nothing more than that, & definitely not a threat to advance far into the playoffs w/other teams like DET, MIA, IND or even the Knicks, who i think are just better.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
9/22/2004  2:42 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by tkf:

Grant hill in his prime was better than Mcgrady?

ooohh, I dunno about that....
I take Hill. Better mentally if nothing else. More fundamentals, more of a leader. I'm not sure Tmac is a top 5 player where Hill easily was.

Hill would destroy McGrady in anything but a one on one game. McGrady is a prima donna baby who doesn't know how to win.

That said, expecting Hill to ever play: A) a full season or B) at even 75% of his old self is just dreaming at this point. He's been away SO LONG, it's really not fair to him to expect him to be back.

If he does SOMEHOW play, I could see the Magic being the 6th seed. Other than that, we shall see, they might be an 8 seed. But Stevie Franchise has to grow up a lot first.

Also, I agree with the idea that Howard will be a beast on D, but he needs time before he'll AVERAGE those numbers. He'll put them up once in a while, as well as a few stinkers. He is a rook and sometimes he'll run into a Ben Wallace or Jermaine O'neal and be overwhelmed and in serious foul trouble. Give him time...

[Edited by - crzymdups on 09/22/2004 14:51:27]
¿ △ ?
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
9/22/2004  3:14 PM
Amare's rookie year he averaged 14, 8, and 1.

Briggs is saying Howard will average 13, 11, and 3.

I watched both in high school and there's no way you can make an argument that Howard is more developed physically than Amare, absolutely no way. Talent-wise, yes, but Amare scores (still scores) most of his points on really fast spin moves and dunks. I'd say a realistic expecation is 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks.

Garnett averaged 10, 6, and 1 and a half blocks his rookie yr., and I'd compare Howard more to Garnett than Amare.
#Knickstaps
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/22/2004  4:30 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Hill would destroy McGrady in anything but a one on one game.
I think Hill would do pretty damn well in a 1-on-1 game against McGrady too. If Hill was in his prime, I am positive he will more than hold his own against anyone in the league today.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
The biggest surprise team in the NBA will be Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy