[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SI: "David Fizdale Believes the Knicks Have a Fortnite Problem"
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/21/2019  6:31 PM
Kids never heard of Pong?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/david-fizdale-believes-knicks-fortnite-172050109.html

David Fizdale has faced a slate of challenges in his first season with the Knicks as New York exits the All-Star break last in the Eastern Conference at 11–47. In addition to the Knicks' usual bout of controversies and talent deficiencies, Fizdale is now battling his team's affection for the video game Fortnite.

"Fortnite, that’s my competitor right now," Fizdale told The Athletic's Mike Vorkunov in December. "Fortnite is undefeated."

New York's young players did little do dissuade Fizdale of his theory on Wednesday.

“We saw what he said about it. And I kind of figured he was talking about us a little bit. But it kind of is a distraction for us," rookie center Mitchell Robinson told Vorkunov. "We’d be up all night to like 3 in the morning playing that game. We need our sleep, for our energy to get us up higher, and stuff like that. I see where he was coming from.”

Fizdale reiterated his concern regarding the popular video game on Wednesday.

"You don’t know who it is at home doing it, but I think this generation, they are an online generation," Fizdale said. "It’s still a bunch of blue light in their eyes keeping them up all night. I do get concerned with how much rest they get. How it affects reaction time and irritability, things like that. So, yeah. Guys are different. Some guys aren’t really into it like that. Then there’s other guys.”

Robinson said he now limits his Fortnite time as the Knicks attempt to rebound from their 1–18 stretch prior to All-Star break. New York hosts Minnesota on Friday with tip-off from Madison Square Garden slated for 7:30 p.m. ET.

AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/21/2019  7:01 PM
Maybe former Knicks like Joakim Noah, JR Smith, or Michael Ray Richardson could be helpful in instructing young players how to fill their evenings.
GustavBahler

2/21/2019  7:50 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Maybe former Knicks like Joakim Noah, JR Smith, or Michael Ray Richardson could be helpful in instructing young players how to fill their evenings.

Just glad it isnt Triple Yahtzee. Lost some good friends....

blkexec
Member: #748
2/22/2019  12:36 AM
I agree.... having the same issue with my boys. That game is like crack.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
JesseDark
Member: #467
2/22/2019  2:34 AM
My 11 year old and my college jr will play it all day.
Bring back dee-fense
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/22/2019  5:23 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Maybe former Knicks like Joakim Noah, JR Smith, or Michael Ray Richardson could be helpful in instructing young players how to fill their evenings.

Seriously some perspective. I think the Knicks for the most part have drafted good character guys. Being rich in NY city and under 21 years old could get them into a lot of trouble. Playing video games isn't a huge deal.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler

2/22/2019  7:43 AM
I can understand Fizdale's concern from a competitive standpoint. Going out, or staying in, lack of sleep can impair performance. I dont know what Fizdale sees at practice that would concern him.

Dont believe Fizdale was making this a moral issue, like it was "Footloose", lol. Believe he's mainly concerned about the amount of sleep his players are getting. To play a demanding game, with a demanding schedule. Being young helps, but only goes so far.

Havent played online games in 6-7 years. Saw some gameplay from Fortnite on youtube. Doesnt look any better than what was available back then. Run of the mill.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/22/2019  8:17 AM
You see the lack of focus in every game, that's why we play really well for stretches and then start doing some lame ass sht, unforced TO's.

It's so many distractions in NY with the Night life, and now you have these video games that i even see 40 yrs old get addicted, RED DAWN redemption, call of duty, madden, 2k, I ve seen dudes taking vacation days to stay home and play...lol

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/22/2019  8:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2019  8:24 AM
Rest of the other 29 teams have no similar problems. We should fire Mills.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/22/2019  10:07 AM
Sounds like a parenting and priorities problem, not a fortnite problem, or a nightlife problem.
If the game is like crack, would you allow your kids to taste crack and see if they like it or want to taste it every now and then?

Ok..not crack..How about smoking then? How many would allow their kids to do that?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/22/2019  10:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2019  10:38 AM
Professional athletes (same as any other top level performance occupations) cannot succeed and excel without hard-structuring their life.
There is no small things.
Food, rest, training, personal life, hobbies, family time, sexual life, etc.
All aspects of live have to be sacrificed and structured around the main goal to became the best professional one can be.
Talent is just a possibility. Sacrifice, dedication, and relentless pursuit for improvements transfers talent into greatness.
It is a lot of talent in pro sports but greatness is rare.
Computer games are another kind of rest and mental therapy.
It has its place in the structure given set time and place.
It can be used or abused. Nothing complicated or new about it.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
2/22/2019  10:42 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Sounds like a parenting and priorities problem, not a fortnite problem, or a nightlife problem.
If the game is like crack, would you allow your kids to taste crack and see if they like it or want to taste it every now and then?

Ok..not crack..How about smoking then? How many would allow their kids to do that?

That's why when your developing youngsters, it's mandatory to have a bunch of high character veterans and good leadership around them, I'm not talking end-of-the-bench vets either.

All these kids do is develop bad habits, especially when you have nothing to play for, and 65 games of garbage minutes. Anytime you got players coming to practice happy and cool with losing 30 of 32 games, they know winning is not important, and the team they play for is hell bent on losing games, do you really think anyone is going to be focus?

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/22/2019  11:25 AM
anyone who thinks this is okay is insane. this isn't ****ing summer camp. it could cost a family of four a week's pay to go to a game. **** these losers - I am so glad most of the draft busts we acquired are gone after this year. This sounds exactly like something a draft bust loser would do
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
arkrud
USA
2/22/2019  11:45 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Sounds like a parenting and priorities problem, not a fortnite problem, or a nightlife problem.

That's why when your developing youngsters, it's mandatory to have a bunch of high character veterans and good leadership around them, I'm not talking end-of-the-bench vets either.

All these kids do is develop bad habits, especially when you have nothing to play for, and 65 games of garbage minutes. Anytime you got players coming to practice happy and cool with losing 30 of 32 games, they know winning is not important, and the team they play for is hell bent on losing games, do you really think anyone is going to be focus?

Professionalism has nothing to do with how team or organization one works for does.
It is personal thing. If someone stop working on himself because of team is losing or winning he is hopeless.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
2/22/2019  1:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2019  1:07 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Professionalism has nothing to do with how team or organization one works for does.
It is personal thing. If someone stop working on himself because of team is losing or winning he is hopeless.

you could be professional all day, but if your heart isn't really in it, then your not going to give it a 100%, and if you don't see that from these players then your not paying attn..

You see a different kind of energy and focusness when the game means something...How hard do players play in garbage time..I mean seriously, do these guys look like they are all on the same page?

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/22/2019  1:37 PM
Nalod wrote:Rest of the other 29 teams have no similar problems. We should fire Mills.

Yeah, I'd rather Fix announce that the team has a Coke or groupie problem like everyone else. That would make me more comfortable.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
USA
2/22/2019  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2019  1:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

you could be professional all day, but if your heart isn't really in it, then your not going to give it a 100%, and if you don't see that from these players then your not paying attn..

You see a different kind of energy and focusness when the game means something...How hard do players play in garbage time..I mean seriously, do these guys look like they are all on the same page?

This is a time when organization can separate professional (or will be professionals) from slackers who continue to think that NBA is fan and cool. Professional sport is hard earn bloody money not a joke or computer game.
It is hard, boring, and frustrating to be good in any field. And in pro sport 10 times more.
So if some of our players come to have fun let them go kick rocks somewhere else.

knicks1248
2/22/2019  4:23 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

This is a time when organization can separate professional (or will be professionals) from slackers who continue to think that NBA is fan and cool. Professional sport is hard earn bloody money not a joke or computer game.
It is hard, boring, and frustrating to be good in any field. And in pro sport 10 times more.
So if some of our players come to have fun let them go kick rocks somewhere else.

The FO put this roster together in the hopes of tanking. one of the youngest rosters in the league, yanking guys in out of the rotation, signing players for one yr non guaranteed deals, shifting players to different positions every other game, stating everybody is pretty up for trade discussions, the results should not be surprising at all

Young players don't really care until yr 4 or 5 (if they somehow make it that far) it's all talent and no brains until then.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2019  8:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2019  8:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The FO put this roster together in the hopes of tanking. one of the youngest rosters in the league, yanking guys in out of the rotation, signing players for one yr non guaranteed deals, shifting players to different positions every other game, stating everybody is pretty up for trade discussions, the results should not be surprising at all

Young players don't really care until yr 4 or 5 (if they somehow make it that far) it's all talent and no brains until then.

There is wisdom in your words but you don’t understand it.
You take young players with talent and give them an opportunity to grow. Some make it, some don’t.
FO is not expecting all of them to succeed. If you don’t have a core and rebuilding this is what you do. If along the way you don’t win, you are getting a better pick.
Thus winning is secondary. It doesn’t build bad habits, they are already there. Is why some are here. Some improve and mature, others won’t. Some learn and grow, some won’t. Michael Beasley on his way to china. He could not get it together. Tim Thomas was another example. All star talent but a lack of mental discipline.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/24/2019  12:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2019  12:56 PM
I belive the Knicks have a Fizdale problem. This morons affinity for Mudiay at the cost of playing time for the guards that will be here next year is the height of stupidity. If we strike out in FA wait for the asinine 4 year 60 million dollar deal for Mudiay.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
SI: "David Fizdale Believes the Knicks Have a Fortnite Problem"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy