[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Syracuse's Jim Boeheim accidentally hits and kills a man on a highway
Author Thread
homeskillitprigioni
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4507

2/21/2019  11:19 AM
Not sure how many other Cuse fans or general college ball fans are here but yikes...this is pretty sad

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26045948/syracuse-jim-boeheim-involved-fatal-car-accident

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/21/2019  11:21 AM
I saw this, appears that he struck someone that was in the middle of the road

This might be too soon but I think Jim should have hired a driver to take him places. He is 74 years old and makes an absurd amount of money.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/21/2019  11:25 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I saw this, appears that he struck someone that was in the middle of the road

This might be too soon but I think Jim should have hired a driver to take him places. He is 74 years old and makes an absurd amount of money.

That might be rough. A guy being out in the middle of the highway at night...especially when it sounds like his car stalled right on it and Boeheim was trying to avoid it when he saw it.

If you've ever been on that highway, it has a lot of curves and isn't the most well-lit in spots. I don't know if age was a factor here more than just really bad circumstances.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/21/2019  11:32 AM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I saw this, appears that he struck someone that was in the middle of the road

That might be rough. A guy being out in the middle of the highway at night...especially when it sounds like his car stalled right on it and Boeheim was trying to avoid it when he saw it.

If you've ever been on that highway, it has a lot of curves and isn't the most well-lit in spots. I don't know if age was a factor here more than just really bad circumstances.

I got accepted to Syracuse and went to visit. It was early October and it was snowing so we turned around after maybe 30 minutes on campus (cold that early is not for me). I have been, and got a ticket because there were speedtraps in plain sight... I know that would be an easy thing to miss in the middle of the night. Maybe age isn't a factor but I will say I have someone in my family that exact age and they left Christmas Day at 3pm so they could get home before it got dark. I know no two people are alike but this person also still works and just thought it would be unsafe to travel rural roads in the dark

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/21/2019  12:04 PM
Sounds like wrong place wrong time for Boeheim. Very unfortunate all around though.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/21/2019  1:53 PM
Accidents happen. That’s why they call them that. Age has nothing to do with this. I’m just sorry the guy is dead and sorry that Jim has to live with this even though it’s probably not his fault.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/22/2019  7:15 AM
Terrible tragedy. Prayers for the victim and Coach Boeheim.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/22/2019  10:00 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Terrible tragedy. Prayers for the victim and Coach Boeheim.
Why prayers for the coach in this scenario?
It was a darkened highway.
What speed was he driving at?
We’re the emergency lights on for the other vehicle?
He is 74 years old. What is his hand eye coordination and agility to react to objects coming at him like?

All men are not created equal. Holding everyone to same scale is good when it comes to intent but once you cross 60-65, you better slow your ass down so as to not kill anyone on the road.

I’d rather be annoyed driving behind their slow asses in the leftmost lane than have to worry about who they’re kill on the road next.

Also this is a bit of a rant but if you suck at multitasking on the road....don’t. We need some tests around all of these below. How many times have you seen folks with night blindness color blindness etc have accidents? Same goes for people putting makeup on on the drive to work, texting while driving, not on Bluetooth while talking and driving, reading a book while driving, rubber necking, eating while driving, braking for no reason, changing lanes like you’re driving a bicycle on your home block, list goes on.

All men are not created equal when it comes to all this, but we don’t have adequate tests implemented or restrictions implemented.

In sorry ass Canada, if you get 2 tickets of any kind before you hit 21 or 25 something like that, your license is suspended for 1 or 2 years.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/22/2019  4:46 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
We're the emergency lights on for the other vehicle?
He is 74 years old. What is his hand eye coordination and agility to react to objects coming at him like?

All men are not created equal. Holding everyone to same scale is good when it comes to intent but once you cross 60-65, you better slow your ass down so as to not kill anyone on the road.

I'd rather be annoyed driving behind their slow asses in the leftmost lane than have to worry about who they're kill on the road next.

Also this is a bit of a rant but if you suck at multitasking on the road....don't. We need some tests around all of these below. How many times have you seen folks with night blindness color blindness etc have accidents? Same goes for people putting makeup on on the drive to work, texting while driving, not on Bluetooth while talking and driving, reading a book while driving, rubber necking, eating while driving, braking for no reason, changing lanes like you're driving a bicycle on your home block, list goes on.

All men are not created equal when it comes to all this, but we don't have adequate tests implemented or restrictions implemented.

In sorry ass Canada, if you get 2 tickets of any kind before you hit 21 or 25 something like that, your license is suspended for 1 or 2 years.

This is all true, to some extent. Still, I can't tell you how many times I almost ran over some old lady late at night because she was wearing all black and decided to cross at some inappropriate location along the road. I also bike and I can't tell you important it is to have a LED bike light. I don't know the specifics of the case, but it's too early to lay blame on either party. The best I can say is that it was an unfortunate incident and my heart goes out to all parties involved.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/22/2019  10:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
We're the emergency lights on for the other vehicle?

I'd rather be annoyed driving behind their slow asses in the leftmost lane than have to worry about who they're kill on the road next.

Also this is a bit of a rant but if you suck at multitasking on the road....don't. We need some tests around all of these below. How many times have you seen folks with night blindness color blindness etc have accidents? Same goes for people putting makeup on on the drive to work, texting while driving, not on Bluetooth while talking and driving, reading a book while driving, rubber necking, eating while driving, braking for no reason, changing lanes like you're driving a bicycle on your home block, list goes on.

All men are not created equal when it comes to all this, but we don't have adequate tests implemented or restrictions implemented.

This is all true, to some extent. Still, I can't tell you how many times I almost ran over some old lady late at night because she was wearing all black and decided to cross at some inappropriate location along the road. I also bike and I can't tell you important it is to have a LED bike light. I don't know the specifics of the case, but it's too early to lay blame on either party. The best I can say is that it was an unfortunate incident and my heart goes out to all parties involved.

I live in Rochester and they had part of the news conference with the Syracuse Chief of Police on the news last night. The officer said Boeheim stopped right away, called in the accident, directed cars around the accident with his cell phone and flagged down the first responders with his cell phone to show them where the man was that needed to be treated. He also stated it was truly an accident.

I have driven that part of 690 and it is not a safe place to get out of your car and walk across the road.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Syracuse's Jim Boeheim accidentally hits and kills a man on a highway

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy