USA
2/20/2019  9:58 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/20/2019  10:45 AM
Just goes to show how valuable shooting is and how desperately we need it...Now that we have a pg who can play down hill, spacing is at a premium. Also gives us drive and kick options that we dont have much of.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/20/2019  12:29 PM
Nice signing. Love this low-risk move. Dude has earned the contract.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/20/2019  2:06 PM
Moonangie wrote:Nice signing. Love this low-risk move. Dude has earned the contract.

Low risk. No problem with the signing. He's had big games in his other NBA stints, but defense and athleticism have been his sore points. Let's see how he holds up in those areas the rest of the season.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/20/2019  2:20 PM
We need a couple of these types of contract for next years roster, hopefully Kareem Allen signs one
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/20/2019  9:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2019  9:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:We need a couple of these types of contract for next years roster, hopefully Kareem Allen signs one

Also hope his evil twin Kadeem does :) lol

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

2/20/2019  9:02 PM
Uptown wrote:Just goes to show how valuable shooting is and how desperately we need it...Now that we have a pg who can play down hill, spacing is at a premium. Also gives us drive and kick options that we dont have much of.

yep been saying this for a while, we need spot up shooters. how about hiring some shooting coaches @Perry

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
2/21/2019  4:15 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:We need a couple of these types of contract for next years roster, hopefully Kareem Allen signs one

Also hope his evil twin Kadeem does :) lol

Accursed autocorrect!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/21/2019  11:25 AM
Made a good impression fast. Perry is bringing in players who keeps the starters on their toes. Allen and Jenkins are going to make it a competition for minutes.
MS
Member: #724
2/21/2019  11:27 AM
This is the one thing Perry and his team do extremely well, not overvaluing role players when you can lock up good team guys that are going to play hard on small veteran contracts. They have don a nice job of filling out the roster with these players. Makes it much easier when you bring in stars to not have a guy that always looking to be the guy.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/21/2019  11:36 AM
MS wrote:This is the one thing Perry and his team do extremely well, not overvaluing role players when you can lock up good team guys that are going to play hard on small veteran contracts. They have don a nice job of filling out the roster with these players. Makes it much easier when you bring in stars to not have a guy that always looking to be the guy.

I think this is a great perspective. I think when you grab the star at the expense of everything else it is hard to build the edges of the roster up. I don't see any reason why there isn't a future Lance Thomas on the roster. Our problem has always been we lock guys like that up to big deals and we have no cap. You give those types of players contracts like that when you're already capped out. You don't give those deals before you have max players in place because you just can't acquire that type of player unless you end up getting lucky and drafting Durant or Kawhi or Giannis

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/21/2019  1:01 PM

A couple?

If we sign two max guys, we're going to need a lot more than 1 min contract to fill out this roster, more like 5.

I just have a gut feeling that if we don't get pick 1 or 2, i see a blockbuster trade happening on draft night...

ES
smackeddog
2/21/2019  1:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2019  1:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

A couple?

If we sign two max guys, we're going to need a lot more than 1 min contract to fill out this roster, more like 5.

I just have a gut feeling that if we don't get pick 1 or 2, i see a blockbuster trade happening on draft night...

A couple now for the sake of continuity, the rest in the off-season when hopefully a few vets might consider coming here if we land kd and kyrie.

At the moment the roster would be:

Second round pick
First round pick
Maybe kornet (we might be just short of the cap space we need to avoid renouncing him
Room MLE)
Knox
Frank
DS Jr
Jenkins
Mitch
Trier
Dotson
Max player 1
Max player 2

So that's 12 players. Kadeem would make 13. We'd be thin at SF, PF and C

knicks1248
2/21/2019  1:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A couple?

A couple now for the sake of continuity, the rest in the off-season when hopefully a few vets might consider coming here if we land kd and kyrie.

Second round pick
First round pick
Maybe kornet (we might be just short of the cap space we need to avoid renouncing him
Room MLE)

Knox

Frank
DS Jr
Jenkins
Mitch
Trier
Dotson
Max player 1
Max player 2

I would like the knicks to use(if we dont land 1 or 2)knox, frank and the #1 for CJ on portland, then signed KD and kyrie, there's your big 3..

ES
smackeddog
2/21/2019  2:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A couple?

Second round pick
First round pick
Room MLE)

Knox

Frank
DS Jr
Jenkins
Mitch
Trier
Dotson
Max player 1
Max player 2

I would like the knicks to use(if we dont land 1 or 2)knox, frank and the #1 for CJ on portland, then signed KD and kyrie, there's your big 3..

Doesn’t come close to working crap wise- CJ is on $27mil

knicks1248
2/21/2019  2:58 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A couple?

Second round pick
First round pick
Room MLE)

Knox

Frank
DS Jr
Jenkins
Mitch
Trier
Dotson
Max player 1
Max player 2

Yeah I know, but I'm thinking KD and kyrie maybe willing to sacrifice a little $$ to make it work, I really don't think these 2 are motivated by $$

ES
smackeddog
2/21/2019  3:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A couple?

Second round pick
First round pick
Room MLE)

Knox

Frank
DS Jr
Jenkins
Mitch
Trier
Dotson
Max player 1
Max player 2

Yeah I know, but I'm thinking KD and kyrie maybe willing to sacrifice a little $$ to make it work, I really don't think these 2 are motivated by $$

Unfortunately KD already said earlier this season he’s signing the maximum contract he can this offseason, (which is fair enough as he has already essentially given up money while he’s been in GS)

Cartman718

2/21/2019  8:50 PM
I think John Jenkins is such a team friendly contract, Perry's simply aggregating assets to use during FA or Draft Night
DSJr, Frank, Mudiay, Kadeem, Jenkins, Dotson, Kornet, Trier all up for grabs for the right trade.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/22/2019  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2019  2:27 PM
Cartman718 wrote:I think John Jenkins is such a team friendly contract, Perry's simply aggregating assets to use during FA or Draft Night
DSJr, Frank, Mudiay, Kadeem, Jenkins, Dotson, Kornet, Trier all up for grabs for the right trade.

A lot of redundant medium-to-low quality parts.
Can we get a sport car for some of it plus a couple of lottery scratchers?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knicks signing Jenkins to two year deal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy