OT/book/Dumars/Chaney
Author Thread
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
9/21/2004  10:13 PM
http://www.basketballonpaper.com/book.html

It's about a book for sale, but to me, it's pretty interesting clicking on the chapter previews ...

I thought it was funny that the quote mentioned Don Chaney!

Chapter 17: Individual Defensive Ratings

Defense is the most difficult asset to measure in a player. Here is what we can do, what we’re building, and the problems that will continue into the future.
Quote: "If positional matchups are important, it is coaches that are critical in making decisions about those matchups. A good example is Dumars. Dumars' defensive rating was bad as a rookie then got better, which is what you'd hope. Then around 1993, Detroit's first year without Coach Chuck Daly, his defensive rating got really bad. I doubt that Daly's replacements, Ron Rothstein and Don Chaney, used Dumars at power forward or something crazy like that, but Dumars' defense became much less effective when they were around."
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
9/21/2004  11:03 PM
Posted by Mac:

http://www.basketballonpaper.com/book.html

It's about a book for sale, but to me, it's pretty interesting clicking on the chapter previews ...

I thought it was funny that the quote mentioned Don Chaney!

Chapter 17: Individual Defensive Ratings

Defense is the most difficult asset to measure in a player. Here is what we can do, what we’re building, and the problems that will continue into the future.
Quote: "If positional matchups are important, it is coaches that are critical in making decisions about those matchups. A good example is Dumars. Dumars' defensive rating was bad as a rookie then got better, which is what you'd hope. Then around 1993, Detroit's first year without Coach Chuck Daly, his defensive rating got really bad. I doubt that Daly's replacements, Ron Rothstein and Don Chaney, used Dumars at power forward or something crazy like that, but Dumars' defense became much less effective when they were around."

Ah, Don Chaney, the ultimate matchups coach. What an idiot.
¿ △ ?
OT/book/Dumars/Chaney

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy