[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bamba (#6) vs. Robinson (#36)
Author Thread
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

2/15/2019  7:27 AM
I spoke about this when the pick was made. IMO Robinson is the better player. If the draft was today, I pick Mitchell over Bamba. Of course it is way too early to say, but what do you all think of what we have seen so far? Both have missed time, with Bamba currently out with a stress fracture in his leg. (Dangerous sign?) On defense, Mitchell is just a terror, more so than Bamba imo. On offense, Bamba is shooting 3's, but we've all heard Mitchell can as well. I look forward to that part of his game. He needs to start taking some jump shots, which I'm sure he will.

Mitchell is a lotto pick, as he was coming out of HS. I don't want to trade the guy, along with everybody, like we mistakenly did for Melo. Go for 2 max cats along with what we have.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
AUTOADVERT
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

2/15/2019  8:25 AM
Robinson is more athletic - blocks and steals the two indicators that tell that story. Glad we got him, kudos to Perry, have confidence in this FO to continue doing this thing the right way.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/15/2019  9:44 AM
Robinson is a much better player and prospect no question.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/15/2019  10:02 AM
Robinson was a coup no doubt. Maybe eventually mo bamba may be the better player, but it's not looking like it and given their draft positions, it's a huge feather in the cap of Perry.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/15/2019  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2019  6:11 PM
He has been a great surprise. Love his motor. Mitch was a great find. Dont know much about Bamba, but okay with both those guys panning out. Hopefully Mitch continues to expand his game. Think he will. Kid is so young.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/15/2019  10:53 AM
Haven't seen Bamba but have heard he is not very good at PnR defense (feel like that was a general statement about Bamba and Isaac).

I would say this about Robinson: he plays within himself and that's what I have been most impressed with. Doesn't have a ton of things in his arsenal but he does them very well and has refined them. We haven't seen him take but 1 or 2 jumpshots all season, and that may even be a stretch. Seems like he and team got him a bit more on track at the FT line.

Keep refining, keep adding to the arsenal. His instincts on D are there. The ticky tack fouls are going away. Needs to add a lot of strength. Can't wait to watch him over the years.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/15/2019  11:28 AM
I see no reason why Robinson can't be Clint Capela pt II or A Deandre Jordan or a Tyson Chandler type of player. That player is a good player in the league.

But before we anoint him the second coming just remember how disappointed we were in Tyson overall here, even though he was a DPOY and the only one in franchise history. Robinson fouls too much, he needs to get stronger, and in today's NBA he needs to have an outside game. I think Robinson is going to be better than Knox when it is all said and done and I'm ecstatic why finally got a first round talent in the second round. I have high hopes for Robinson. But he has not arrived yet, not even close

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/15/2019  11:33 AM
Much as I like Mitch, I'm not giving up on Bamba yet- I liked the look of him during the run up to the draft, and he looked like he had a nice 3pt shot in some work out video's- I think both players have a lot of promise, but we seem to have a better player development programme than the Magic. Bamba has been bad (and is now out injured with a stress fracture in his lower leg), but the fit on that roster is pretty bad for him- no point guard, no small forward, and a log jam at PF/C (to the point they play Gordon at the 3)- not sure how he's meant to thrive there.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/15/2019  3:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2019  3:13 PM
martin wrote:Haven't seen Bamba but have heard he is not very good at PnR defense (feel like that was a general statement about Bamba and Isaac).

I would say this about Robinson: he plays within himself and that's what I have been most impressed with. Doesn't have a ton of things in his arsenal but he does them very well and has refined them. We haven't seen him take but 1 or 2 jumpshots all season, and that may even be a stretch. Seems like he and team got him a bit more on track at the FT line.

Keep refining, keep adding to the arsenal. His instincts on D are there. The ticky tack fouls are going away. Needs to add a lot of strength. Can't wait to watch him over the years.

100% agree..He was definitely a nice find, I just feel bad for the guy because his agent negotiated one of the dumbest contracts and agent could ever negotiate(which is why he fired him a wk later). He will probably end up being the most underpaid player in the league after a yr or 2

His body language is improving to..

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/19/2019  9:29 AM
Will be interesting to see who plays PF, next to Mitch next season. Knox might eventually, believe Fizdale said as much. Would rather see if Knox can stay where here is, and bring in a more physical player in the paint. Someone who can box out, but can also drain a jumper now and then. If Zion isnt available. Dont know if they plan on bringing Vonleh back. Wouldnt mind, For depth.

Would like to see other teams facing a strong defensive Knicks frontline. Going to need it while the offense gets sorted out.

NotInMyHouse

2/27/2019  2:01 PM
After the way Robinson has been playing, I'm thinking he goes around #5 in this last draft. Damn, does he affect the game. UNBELIEVABLE player. He is getting scary good quick.
Wait till he starts taking (and my guess, hitting) some jump shots.
Have a good one KP.
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/27/2019  4:33 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:After the way Robinson has been playing, I'm thinking he goes around #5 in this last draft. Damn, does he affect the game. UNBELIEVABLE player. He is getting scary good quick.
Wait till he starts taking (and my guess, hitting) some jump shots.
Have a good one KP.

Has KP ever had his shot blocked? Probably. But one hasn't gotten his shot really blocked until one has it blocked by MitchRob. That would be epic. They have never gone up against each other in practice, just saying

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/27/2019  4:37 PM
Its one of those situations where we finally got some luck. Mitch was a lottery talent who because he didnt play last year fell alot further in the draft than he should have.
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/27/2019  6:46 PM
Robinson's been shockingly good especially when you consider he missed a year of basketball. Love the dude and can't wait to see what he can do once he gets more reps and really starts to understand the game. Bamba actually hasn't been that bad; his rebounding and blocks compare pretty favorably to Robinson. He's just playing wa less minutes than expected compared to his draft position and he takes way too many long and midrange 2s. Bamba's actually shooting a better than Robinson at the rim but he takes only about a third of his shots there compared to 88% for Robinson.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
martin
USA
2/28/2019  10:31 AM

martin
USA
2/28/2019  12:10 PM
NotInMyHouse

2/28/2019  2:49 PM
Thanks Martin, nows I got coffee on monitor! (from video) LOL
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/28/2019  2:51 PM
martin wrote:

Haha nice!

If Robinson keeps his play up he’s the steal of the decade. One could argue he’s the best center of his draft class. Esp defensively I think he is the best hands down

Sambakick
Member: #5646

3/1/2019  2:45 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I think he is the best hands down

That's interesting. I will have to watch when he keeps his hands down.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
blkexec
Member: #748
3/1/2019  10:05 PM
Money Mitch.....

I kick myself everyday that i didnt talk to him more. I talked to his girl and others more than him. His girl was about 5'4....tiny but with a big butt. I was saying to myself and others....whoever drafts him his current girl will quickly become his ex. I shouldve made a deal with him saying if he gets drafted by the knicks, i want home game tickets. Hes becoming big time now.....But an extremely humble guy. Glad to see a good guy make it. Very smart too....which is surprising he skipped college.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Bamba (#6) vs. Robinson (#36)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy