[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dolans Best friends
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/14/2019  3:53 PM

They have done nothing good from the time they respectfully took their positions, it's been ugly, ugly ugly.

When i search WHY ARE THE KNICKS SO BAD (or something like that) this picture popped up..

I forgot that mills was the GM not only under phil, but I T as well, some of the darkest days in franchise history..

then some of you try to exclude him as if he was there as the waterboy, and nothing to do with some of dumbest trades and acquisitions this franchise ever saw..

and now we are on a franchise worst 18 game losing street...

Dolans buddies

ES
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/14/2019  4:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2019  4:18 PM
The moves made since Perry's hire have been sound. 1st round picks, draft picks, some who are showing a good deal of promise. Lots of cap space to attract top flight FAs

Yes its a car wreck of a season on the court. Since Perry was hired, we have seen a sea change in the way this franchise does business, and I like it.

Still dont like Mills passing the buck for the bad, but ready and waiting to take credit for the good. He has let Perry chart the course, work the phones, and go out and obtain the resources to build a legit contender. I give Mills credit for the hire, looking more like a partner with Perry in this rebuild, than a backseat driver.

More work to do of course, Perry/Mills have done a great deal of building for the future in a very short span. Mgmt deserves the benefit of the doubt.

knicks1248
2/14/2019  4:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:The moves made since Perry's hire have been sound. 1st round picks, draft picks, some who are showing a good deal of promise. Lots of cap space to attract top flight FAs

Yes its a car wreck of a season on the court. Since Perry was hired, we have seen a sea change in the way this franchise does business, and I like it.

Still dont like Mills passing the buck for the bad, but ready and waiting to take credit for the good. He has let Perry chart the course, work the phones, and go out and obtain the resources to build a legit contender. I give Mills credit for the hire, looking more like a partner with Perry in this rebuild, than a backseat driver.

More work to do of course, Perry/Mills have done a great deal of building for the future in a very short span. Mgmt deserves the benefit of the doubt.

After THJ, and Bakers signings, he can easily mess the cap space up, they can also draft another 4 yr project..

They want to draft high fly dunkers who can jump out the gym, but dumber than rocks...so there's a lot to be concerned about..

I just wish we had a real experience President with the amount of Cap/picks we have..

When it come to the knicks everything these 3 touch turns to MUSH

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/14/2019  5:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2019  5:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:The moves made since Perry's hire have been sound. 1st round picks, draft picks, some who are showing a good deal of promise. Lots of cap space to attract top flight FAs

After THJ, and Bakers signings, he can easily mess the cap space up, they can also draft another 4 yr project..

They want to draft high fly dunkers who can jump out the gym, but dumber than rocks...so there's a lot to be concerned about..

I just wish we had a real experience President with the amount of Cap/picks we have..

That was pre-Perry. Have to judge this regime from the time Perry was hired. Not his call. Sure, Mills could step in and make a mess, but he hasnt. Perry might not be a star GM right now. For the first time in a while, other teams know when the Knicks are calling, not to expect an easy mark.

ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

2/14/2019  5:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That was pre-Perry. Have to judge this regime from the time Perry was hired. Not his call. Sure, Mills could step in and make a mess, but he hasnt. Perry might not be a star GM right now. For the first time in a while, other teams know when the Knicks are calling, not to expect an easy mark.

100%

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/14/2019  6:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2019  6:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Which moves, that Perry made, did you not agree with? Both mentioned were made by Mills not Perry.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/14/2019  11:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

They have done nothing good from the time they respectfully took their positions, it's been ugly, ugly ugly.

When i search WHY ARE THE KNICKS SO BAD (or something like that) this picture popped up..

I forgot that mills was the GM not only under phil, but I T as well, some of the darkest days in franchise history..

then some of you try to exclude him as if he was there as the waterboy, and nothing to do with some of dumbest trades and acquisitions this franchise ever saw..

and now we are on a franchise worst 18 game losing street...

Dolans buddies

18 game losing is brilliantly done at very right time.
Who are the professors of the ball you want to draft or sign and who is this "experienced" GM?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/15/2019  6:15 AM
The photo is Dolan and MSG PResident Mills signing of IT. Mills as not a knicks Exec Then.
You can tell Rainman something, he can even read it, but when you have an agenda accuracy goes out the window.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/15/2019  7:53 AM
IT was hired by Dolan and MSG president to be Knick president and GM. Grunwald was asst Gm.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/15/2019  8:09 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Which moves, that Perry made, did you not agree with? Both mentioned were made by Mills not Perry.

quit being a jerk and trying to introduce logic or truth into the world of 1248
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
2/15/2019  8:12 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Doesn't matter what he did, the only thing that matters is the results of what he did.

That's usually the bottom line unless your cherry picking, because all of them have done some good.

I really don't care who Dolan hires, I really don't care who stays who or goes. Regardless to what path you take, through the draft, FA, starphuck, if the results are still the same (or worse) then your no better than the last guy.

ES
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
2/15/2019  10:22 AM
I cant really find any moves that Perry has made to be clear mistakes. He's batting 1.000 in my book thus far.
knicks1248
2/15/2019  10:40 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:I cant really find any moves that Perry has made to be clear mistakes. He's batting 1.000 in my book thus far.

As GM Under MILLs, perry is not calling the shots, he's make suggestions.

The same thing mills was doing when he was the GM..

As far as perry goes, he was brought in because he has good relationship with players, yet it wasn't able to mend any of the relationships that went sour, with Melo, Noah, KP, Kanter, or Willy.

For every Mitch, trier, luke, mudiay, there's a David Lee, Nate, Ariza, prigioni, novak LIn.

Every GM finds a decent player under the radar, but if it still ends in 50+ losses, what's the difference..

ES
knicks1248
2/15/2019  10:42 AM
If you don't like Dolan,and you think he's killing the franchise (I think we all can agree on that)

How can you trust him to hire the right ppl

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/15/2019  10:56 AM
dude, take your meds already, you are going all Rainmain on us.

(did this win you some snacks?)

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall

2/15/2019  10:59 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

quit being a jerk and trying to introduce logic or truth into the world of 1248

My apologies. But why you ruining my fun?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
arkrud
USA
2/15/2019  11:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2019  11:10 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Doesn't matter what he did, the only thing that matters is the results of what he did.

That's usually the bottom line unless your cherry picking, because all of them have done some good.

I really don't care who Dolan hires, I really don't care who stays who or goes. Regardless to what path you take, through the draft, FA, starphuck, if the results are still the same (or worse) then your no better than the last guy.

So you go to college study Computer science and after first semester you know sht...
That's it. The live is over. You need better go and work on road repairs..
You fix the next paddle and see your accomplishments right away.
This is the job for you

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
HofstraBBall

2/15/2019  11:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2019  11:29 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wait, who did what to who and what? What moves should be done by who and what should of been done by who or not have been done but it would not have mattered? What moves do you think Perry should have made that he didn't or did that made Knicks so bad and not good right now?

Do you really think anyone is arguing that this has been a cluster**** the last 20 years? If you want to argue with guys that claim it has not been, fair enough. Point your missing is that there is nothing that can be done about all that. Some see that we are finally starting over the right way. Have some assets. Have young players with decent potential. Have Cap space and a lotto pick this coming year. Regardless of how we got here, seems like we have a decent future. One that requires patience. Crying over everything that happened does not do anything but sound like useless whinning. Now what Dolan and Mills do with it is yet to be seen. If you want people to also agree with you that there is a good chance they may **** it all up, that won't be hard. Think many fear the same. Fact is all the positives mentioned above have been under the leadership of Mills, Perry and Dolan. Hate them as we may (Dolan/Mills) that is the reality and I'm,not complaining.

arkrud
USA
2/15/2019  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2019  10:15 PM
It was same notion when we had this "new beginnings" with Walsh, Isiah, Phil that we will go in right direction.
We didn't. So there is always a possibility of failure.
So far we did nothing to repeat the failures we had before.
But Walsh initially also didn't.
We are in good situation to not make the same mistakes.
However if we will avoid the same dreadful path or not is to be seen.
No point to look at the past which is dead and at the future which is just baseless fantasy.
We here and now and we are looking good.
We finally losing when we should and not wasting time in the process.
Evaluating, developing, growing assets.
Not sure why anyone who really is a fan of this team can be not satisfied.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

2/17/2019  1:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/17/2019  1:46 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:I cant really find any moves that Perry has made to be clear mistakes. He's batting 1.000 in my book thus far.

As GM Under MILLs, perry is not calling the shots, he's make suggestions.

The same thing mills was doing when he was the GM..

As far as perry goes, he was brought in because he has good relationship with players, yet it wasn't able to mend any of the relationships that went sour, with Melo, Noah, KP, Kanter, or Willy.

For every Mitch, trier, luke, mudiay, there's a David Lee, Nate, Ariza, prigioni, novak LIn.

Every GM finds a decent player under the radar, but if it still ends in 50+ losses, what's the difference..

Every franchise handles this differently.

You've been told this 50+ times and yet you don't seem to care.

Mills runs the BUSINESS side of operations. Running a sports franchise from the accounting/marketing/branding/television/sponsor/local politics/media side is extremely ****ing hard. He only took the GM role because Phil Jackson had/has no concept of the CBA or cap principles ( far deeper than the Coon summary, far far far deeper. I've read several of the last few CBAs, not all at once, and that **** is dense and complicated. )

In a sport with small rosters/few overall moves, the GM typically checks in with heads of the other franchise departments and owner and apprises them of what's going on. In cases like Danny Ferry and the Cavs, he had to get permission from Gilbert, who got permission from LBJ. In cases like Belichick, he gives token updates to Kraft and does whatever the hell he wants.

Perry makes all personnel decisions for this team. This was contingent on him taking the job. Don't forget the Knicks had to give up an asset for Perry. This had to be negotiated. Whatever Mills says otherwise is **** he says to the press. What the **** else is he going to say to the press? How things are said and how things are two different worlds in pro sports. For Mills to make personnel decisions, he'd need a deeper dive into scouting ( hard as **** and time intensive) on top of his normal duties ( already hard as ****)

People underestimate how ****ing hard some jobs are in life.

An amateur boxer who doesn't do it for money and can't make a career out of it. And competes against real competition. You want to throw a jab 20K times? Hard as ****.

Those little girl gymnasts who spend their entire lives as preteens training non stop. Hard as ****.

Those dancers who spin on their hands for like two minutes of original choreography. Where they have to do blocking and time everything and most of them suffer from multiple injuries all the time. Hard as ****.

I've seen first hand what a guy like Mills has to do every single day. It would make most dudes here sit down and cry and drink a bottle of Vodka. Hard as ****. It's not a job, not a career, it takes over your entire life.

The NBA model has ZERO MARGIN OF ERROR. Small draft, few FAs, few impact players, small amount of resources each year, guaranteed contracts. Hard as ****. At least in the NFL and MLB, you have some wiggle room to **** up.

Here's the other thing you are told 50 thousand times and you ignore. Dumping someone like Mills means dumping EVERY RELATIONSHIP AND CONTACT HE'S BUILT. That's 1000 little fires getting put out every week that would turn into firestorms from someone raw and new.

You need to be mentally tough to work in a front office in pro sports. I mean hard as ****ing nails.

You talk, but you don't listen. If you did, you'd learn more about how this all works. You'd be better off asking others WHAT THEY THINK. You never do that.

Dolans Best friends

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy