[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: knicks tank vs sixers 2/13 @ 7.30pm
Author Thread
homeskillitprigioni
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4507

2/13/2019  10:08 PM
Mitch and Kadeem looked good tonight.

I understand we have to play DSJ more the rest of the way to pump up his value but it's tough to watch him.

AUTOADVERT
Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/13/2019  10:14 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Saying it again...Mitchell Robinson is my favorite knick player right now. You can see that he is working hard. A diamond in the rough

14 Pts
13 Reb
3 Blk
2 Stl

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/13/2019  10:17 PM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:Mitch and Kadeem looked good tonight.

I understand we have to play DSJ more the rest of the way to pump up his value but it's tough to watch him.

He hasn’t looked right the last few games.

Knicks_Fan
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/13/2019  10:33 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

He's struggled the last few games but he's the same age as Frank...Why does Frank get the 'be patient' label but DSJ doesn't

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/13/2019  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2019  10:34 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

The start of the game was bad decision making. Wonder also if the shifting lineups is throwing DSJr off?

Has to do a better job of pacing himself. He plays like a kid with his Dad's Porsche sometimes.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/13/2019  10:34 PM
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

He's struggled the last few games but he's the same age as Frank...Why does Frank get the 'be patient' label but DSJ doesn't

People are "patient" with Frank? Where was this?

Uptown

2/13/2019  10:41 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Thats what I said...People are patient with Frank but not so much with DSJ.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/13/2019  10:44 PM
http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=25991647
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/13/2019  11:07 PM
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

'Cause Frank is family and he plays strong defense. This will be Frank's first opportunity to play in an offense with ball movement. The latest ball stopper is Smith.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/13/2019  11:37 PM

He’s much easier to watch than Mudiay.

Knicksfan
USA
2/14/2019  6:03 AM
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Not me. I’m excited and patient for both. Think both have lots of talent and would love if both became a big part of the winning team we finally build, whether that is next season or in three.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
2/14/2019  6:05 AM
Cartman718 wrote:http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=25991647

🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Knicks_Fan
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/14/2019  9:05 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

The start of the game was bad decision making. Wonder also if the shifting lineups is throwing DSJr off?

Has to do a better job of pacing himself. He plays like a kid with his Dad's Porsche sometimes.

That's one of the reason we only won 10 games, every other game is a different starting line up regardless of health or not..

Hmmmm, is that the blueprint to building chemistry and confidence, jerk guys in and out of the line up..

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/14/2019  9:40 AM
Mitch is looking better and better

Allen had another poised game

DSJ remains an enigma. I don't think there's a double standard with DSJ. Frank needs to hit shots and be more aggressive but he is fundamentally unselfish which is a nice trait for a pg. DSJ is very talented near the rim, and athletic but holds the ball a lot and often (not always) looks selfish. When a selfish player hogs the ball and flubs it up, the price he pays is criticism -- it's very natural reaction. I hope the Knicks have someone working with him and he is smart enough to listen

Last night DSJ seemed more into scowling than being effective

(5)(5)
Uptown

2/14/2019  9:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2019  9:41 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

'Cause Frank is family and he plays strong defense. This will be Frank's first opportunity to play in an offense with ball movement. The latest ball stopper is Smith.

DSJ wears the blue and orange so he's Fam in my book !! I root for Frank because he wears the blue and orange too but we need to stop making excuses for him and just admit he's been trash so far this year...He still has time to turn it around but the passes and excuses this dude gets compared to Mudiay and DSJ is crazy!

homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/14/2019  10:01 AM
Uptown wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

I'm probably not in that overly patient with Frank group because I agree with you, I think he's been straight trash this year.

But like someone else said, there's one fundamental difference. I think there's a better pathway for Frank to become an effective player on a winning team because he's very good defensively and unselfish offensively. Basically in this league, it's going to hurt you if you have players that don't want to fit in the role that's right for them. DSJ, even if you're talking strictly about relative to players at his age and experience...is not good enough for the role he wants and tries to play, and we've already seen him balk at taking a step to what would be more appropriate for him.

I am concerned with Frank though because he'd have to be a good shooter and passer/decision maker to make it in the role that's right for him, and he's not even close on either end. He's a bad shooter and he's timid with his decision-making. It's a huge red flag that he didn't improve at all from year 1 to year 2.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/14/2019  10:48 AM
Frank has to work on shot and handle this offseason.

Who scouted him?

He's unformed clay.

Good clay.

But not ready.

Was better last year.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/14/2019  10:54 AM
Sambakick wrote:Frank has to work on shot and handle this offseason.

Who scouted him?

He's unformed clay.

Good clay.

But not ready.

Was better last year.

2 things he need to work on.

1. His perimeter shot. This needs to get better a lot. This will open everything for him. This is very doable.
2. Needs to be be aggressive and look for his shot. This is the hard part. Team ball is so ingrained in him that this will be a tough thing to accomplish. If he starts looking for his shot consistently then he will be the complete package.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/14/2019  11:00 AM
DSjr and Frank will be a very good duo to have when the team is rebuilt this summer.

IMO, all the pieces NY has and that are playing now, will look so much better after you add a top 3 pick and 2 max FA's.

The only guy that I was unhappy with is Hezonja but even he is working hard and has imporved his D a ton. His O is what is lacking as his shot is pretty inconsistent ironically.

Knox is 19, Frank is 19, DSjr is 20. Robinson is 19. These are KIDS. They need to learn the NBA game and improve their skills. ONce they do, they will be much better and when surrounded by a KD or Klay or Kawhii they will grow quickly.

Great times are coming.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/14/2019  11:47 AM
Uptown wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

My point was that I don't see much patience with Frank at all so I don't get your point. In general I'd say Knick (New York) fans have the patience of a hungry tired 2 year old.

Game Thread: knicks tank vs sixers 2/13 @ 7.30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy