[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks Tank Vs Cavs Tank 2/11 7pm: when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object
Author Thread
Cartman718
Posts: 28801
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

2/13/2019  2:48 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Kemet wrote:Sexton: 20 pts, 1 rb, 3 ast, 1 stl, and 1 turnover in 39 minute
DSJr.: 10 pts, 2 rb, 4 ast, 3 stl, 2 blk, and 1 turnover in 31 minute
Allen: 25 pts, 3 rb, 6 ast, 1 stl, and 1 turnover in 32 minute

I have to admit .. we Knick fans has been sleeping on Kadeem Allen play-maker passing-skills plus quick-step slash to the basket for 2 pts in the last 5 games. The more games Allen play the familiar he gets to complimenting his teammates skills. I did get a little tight at Allen when he took that 3 ball shot when we were down by 4 pts at crunch time.
But Allen is THAT 3rd guard in a 3 guard-offense u want on the court !!!

What do you say bout head coach Fizdale's 17 game losing streak ???

A) It's not Fizdale its the lousy roster he was given, next season he will do better having Zion & KD.
B) Fizdale is a player coach, he will bring it together in his 2nd season coaching.
C) Fizdale loss his 17th straight game vs a mediocre 11-45 record Cavs team, he's FIRED !!!

remind you of another high scoring low turnover guard on the team?
that would be mudiay. him and kadeem are in the same mould. all dsjr can do for himself is layups and dunks...He's just DSr not DSJr...coz he has no J

Trollin? Seems you like to pick on the kid. So Smith is a above average turnover machine? You have facts or just BS? Here is some for ya. Smith averaged, in his first year and at 20 year old, 2.8 per game. I'm sure you know what other PG's are currently averaging including Westbrook, Simmons, Wall, Young, Lavine, Holiday, Fox, Rubio, Russel, Lillard, CP3, Steph, Lowry, Irving, Walker etc.? ALL over 2.8 or right there with him. You also probably know that most PG's, that have gone to significant success, all averaged over 3 per game in their first two years and are still having trouble staying under 3? But yeah, he is a ridiculous turnover machine. Fact is, anyone with a true knowledge of basketball also realizes that the PG position is the toughest position to play in the NBA. But keep the hate going brah.

Since you know so much about the PG position, who do you think should be our PG?


See post just above.

Great. That did not speak to the league average, norm for first year PG's and norm for ALL players mentioned. You are trying to single out Smiths turnovers as unusually high, at the age of 20. Yet have no response to my point that it is not as bad as you claim

It is as bad as I claim...4.3 to 3.1 is a terrible ratio

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Posts: 28801
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

2/13/2019  2:55 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Since you know so much about the PG position, who do you think should be our PG?

If we can trade for Jrue Holiday that would be awesome, but his salary is off the charts, so no.
Lillard same thing.
Ideally, if we can get Darren Collison for cheap, he'd be an upgrade over anyone on this roster. He's UFA this offseason. Diminutive yes but at least he can pass, shoot and doesn't turn over the ball much. If we upgrade our paint with Vucevic and are able to draft Zion, this would work. If Zion is out, Kyrie we think is out and we are not trading the pick...draft the PG of your future.

Ricky Rubio is another UFA if he can be had for cheaper than Collison...Rubio's ghastly shooting numbers do not impress me, but again, this is all assuming drafting a PG and Kyrie is both out.

If you are talking current roster, I'd like a 2 guard set with Mudiay and Allen and see what they can do. They can pass, they can shoot and yes they CAN both make layups if you ever watched them play. They are both better than Frank and DSJr at shooting and only slightly inferior than DSJr in finding the open man. Better in the TOs category as well.

Interesting. Jru Holiday averages 3.2 TO's PG. You mentioned this level is just unacceptable. He also wont be cheap. as you mentioned. for someone that cant shoot the three. I would pass. Lillard is also very expensive and has a really higher usage rate. Something most around here don't seem to like. As for Collison, like him but to pay 10 million for a guy that never gets to the line and is not aggressive on offense seems pointless. We already have Frank that can do that and play a lot better defense. Everyone seems to like and mention Rubio, except the team or the fan base of the team he is on. Ill pass on his outside shooting. And safe to say he is not a young player with potential. Everyone knows what he is. Reason why I dont understand feeling for guys like Frank, Smith, Mudiay and yes Allen. These guys are so young NO ONE knows what they will turn out to be. So why not hold and see. Its not costing us much.

Like Allen. Think Allen had a career night against the Cavs. Reason for pushing Smith, Mudiay and even Frank is that they have the athletic ability to be special. We also have more invested in them. Will they pay off in the long run, who knows? Guys like Allen, can be had. I do hope he sticks as he has shown confidence, understanding for the flow of the game and good all around play. Something he did not have in Boston.

Just dont understand the eagerness to rule out players who we have on rookie deals or 19 and 20 year olds with such athletic potential. (Smith, Mudiay, Frank)

8 assists to 3.2 TOs...much better ratio
Collison...he creates well for others and a low TO ratio...that's the #1 thing we need. trips to FT line is secondary to me.

I am not saying ship out DSJr, Frank, Mudiay...I had said to Martin that if you are going to talk about shipping out one, then ship out all 3...coz they each have their flaws.

Reason I like Frank and Mudiay overs DSJr is because bad habits can be broken, but he's not suddenly going to develop a jumper. How many years has Rubio been in the league with the same issue? Frank will be in the same boat soon if he doesn't shape up on that front this summer.

Allen, sure we can and should give him a shot. Losing 20 lbs since the start of the season says something. But his sample size is 8 games at the moment off the bench with better PNR players. He does have a good jumper too from eye-test so far.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Game Thread: Knicks Tank Vs Cavs Tank 2/11 7pm: when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.