[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj podcast with Hornacek
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/10/2019  2:37 PM
Fortunately, all Knicks/Kristaps stuff is in the beginning. But there's alot of interesting details sprinkled throughout. He talks about the Phoenix teams he played and coach on, different coaches and so in.
I expected him to throw Phil, Mills and Perry under the bus, but he doesn't do that.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2019  2:45 PM
Details? Link?

BigDaddyG wrote:Fortunately, all Knicks/Kristaps stuff is in the beginning. But there's alot of interesting details sprinkled throughout. He talks about the Phoenix teams he played and coach on, different coaches and so in.
I expected him to throw Phil, Mills and Perry under the bus, but he doesn't do that.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

2/10/2019  3:00 PM
martin wrote:Details? Link?

BigDaddyG wrote:Fortunately, all Knicks/Kristaps stuff is in the beginning. But there's alot of interesting details sprinkled throughout. He talks about the Phoenix teams he played and coach on, different coaches and so in.

Sorry about that. Forgot to add link.
https://art19.com/shows/thewojpod/episodes/b62fc0db-07c3-4fa0-b6be-c60a84ba06aa/embed?stretch=true&type=artwork
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
2/11/2019  9:49 AM
we were 17 - 14 to start 17-18 season.

Hornacek hangs his hat on that.

then tim went out, and then KP ACL happened.

he talks about triangle and how it would work today but you need players to be together for multiple years, and you need smart players. he said melo understood the triangle.

he said it didn't bother him that phil came to practice, said it was on 2-3 times.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/11/2019  1:37 PM
Jeff is being paid this year to sit out.
I would imagine there is a stipulation you don't throw them under the bus contractually.
Also perspective employers see how you handle yourself in the aftermath.
Those with knowledge know what the circumstances were. You get new FO that has big determinant on the future.
Jeff was booted in PHX in part because he lost his voice and they went deep with youth.
We did too. Maybe he is not your guy when that happens. Some coaches fair better in different scenarios.
BigDaddyG

2/11/2019  2:31 PM
Nalod wrote:Jeff is being paid this year to sit out.
I would imagine there is a stipulation you don't throw them under the bus contractually.
Also perspective employers see how you handle yourself in the aftermath.
Those with knowledge know what the circumstances were. You get new FO that has big determinant on the future.
Jeff was booted in PHX in part because he lost his voice and they went deep with youth.
We did too. Maybe he is not your guy when that happens. Some coaches fair better in different scenarios.

He could've still made a comment or two while staying within the boundaries of any NDA he signed. But you're right about potential employers watching. He did state he wanted to coach again. Also, he's always had the reputation of being a class act. I wish him luck.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
2/11/2019  2:53 PM
woj never asked him about joakim noah
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/11/2019  4:39 PM
anrst wrote:woj never asked him about joakim noah

It's funny how both have gave interviews but never mention what actually happen...not a single word

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/11/2019  7:06 PM
Nice interview, didn't add much color to the craziness, that happened with KP in year 2. Took accountability for not being able to make the blended triangle work.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/12/2019  11:44 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
anrst wrote:woj never asked him about joakim noah

It's funny how both have gave interviews but never mention what actually happen...not a single word

They could have just interviewed you, you not only know the situation, you know what they are thinking too!

Woj podcast with Hornacek

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy