[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

another KT trade that sounds reasonable
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/21/2004  5:16 PM
KT to Dallas for Josh Howard Dan Dickau and Sean Bradley. Dallas has to many 1-2-3s and NO one of quality passed their front guys at 4-5.
Cut dickau and we have our 3 for the future with Howard who can still play signifcant minutes if we let TT play 3 and 4. It would help the team on defense tremendously.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
9/21/2004  5:22 PM
I thought Ariza was our 3 for the future.

I like the idea, Dallas would be tempted with Daniels there and, as you said, no depth.
#Knickstaps
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/21/2004  5:25 PM
what, no lottery picks in this deal?

come on man...first lottery picks, now this...for Kurt Thomas??? what next...how about a straight up Ron Artest for Kurt Thomas deal? or maybe the Bulls would give us Eddy Curry & their 1st round pick this year if we throw them Moochie Norris?

BRIGGS, you're a great analyst of talent, but your fantasy trades bug me out sometimes.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
9/21/2004  5:37 PM
I could somehow see Dallas doing it, its just I don't think the GMs for both sides would ever discuss this kind of trade.
http://allknicks.com
BRIGGS
9/21/2004  5:43 PM
what are we taking off their hands? a player who will be waived. sean bradley who has fallen to 4th on their depth chart at C+ a 2-3 who plays the same positions as jerry stackhouse michael Finley Marquis s and Daniels. the problem is they have to much--who is their quality back up frontcourt player? who plays if someone is hurt? guess what teams like LA arent giving away the Chris Wilock's etc.. and Dallas has a HUGE payroll and want to win it all NOW. In this league you have to give to get just look at their 1-2-3 numbers--how many minutes does josh howard get? how many minutes dows bradley get? could KT play a big role for them as a 4-5 back up YES IMHO. Dallas is a good team that is very vulnerable with frontcourt injury and overstocked at 1-2-3
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
9/21/2004  5:46 PM
i like trevor but he is going to take time to develop shooting ability. hes 19 years old, we have no rush with him. in almost any scenario he will still be in the same position this year likely IR
RIP Crushalot😞
teslawlo
USA
9/21/2004  6:39 PM
^ exactly the reasons why I think this COULD happen, but I doubt Isiah would just be like "yo, gimme Josh Howard, Dickau, and Bradley."
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
9/21/2004  6:42 PM
I think a trade for a better player will come around later in the season. We need a low post scorer bad. We should keep KT and see if he can be used later in some other trade.

BTW, does anyone think Chris Webber is still good or will he be a waste of space.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
9/21/2004  7:16 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

I think a trade for a better player will come around later in the season. We need a low post scorer bad. We should keep KT and see if he can be used later in some other trade.

BTW, does anyone think Chris Webber is still good or will he be a waste of space.
Stay away from guys who have had microfracture knee surgery. Period.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/21/2004  7:20 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

what are we taking off their hands? a player who will be waived. sean bradley who has fallen to 4th on their depth chart at C+ a 2-3 who plays the same positions as jerry stackhouse michael Finley Marquis s and Daniels. the problem is they have to much--who is their quality back up frontcourt player? who plays if someone is hurt? guess what teams like LA arent giving away the Chris Wilock's etc.. and Dallas has a HUGE payroll and want to win it all NOW. In this league you have to give to get just look at their 1-2-3 numbers--how many minutes does josh howard get? how many minutes dows bradley get? could KT play a big role for them as a 4-5 back up YES IMHO. Dallas is a good team that is very vulnerable with frontcourt injury and overstocked at 1-2-3

While I would love to get Howard, I don't think Dallas would part with him. Also, Cuban has come out and said that he personally hates the way Kurt plays. Nellie was obsessed with him, but as we all know Nellie doesn't call the shots as much as he used to down there.

Also, Howard and Sweetney would make for a very small frontline if Timmy was on the bench.
¿ △ ?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/21/2004  7:25 PM

Webber would just be another McDyess incident all over again. NY may be able to take back big contracts, but I think we have to draw the line at Webbers, and I wouldn't see Sac swapping Webber for Houston.
BRIGGS
9/21/2004  8:02 PM
i dont think we need anyone else with a max contract and a bad knee! we have a few of them already!

obviously there is no imperative rush to trade KT, but i would do it if it netted me 1 promising asset. I think both trades have reasonable possibilities from both sides--heck Pheonix sold 3 #1 draft picks last year-there is no guarantee that there will be a high lottery pick with the Bulls, anything can happen--same thing with Dallas--just look at their roster--trhey have 0 quality depth upfront zero nada-they dont even have a quality back up healthy. they have 6 guys andnot enough minutes at the 1-2-3 all they did was move the slog from the frontcourt to the backcourt. If we had an athletic big 4-5 i wouldnt care, but the fact is we dont. I dont want to go into the season with KT--and Im sure isiah doesnt either. Perhaps he is stockpiling some of these other big guys[although i admit they stink:>)] in preperation for moving KT?
RIP Crushalot😞
BigSm00th
USA
9/21/2004  8:15 PM
If the Knicks went into the playoffs with KT on their roster, I'd be shocked. I think the most likely thing is Isiah will watch the team perform for the first half of the season, see Sweetney playing well and see whatever their need is and deal KT.

Whether Penny and/or Houston are broken down and he wants more depth on the wing (this trade), or he needs a shotblocker and backcourt depth (possibly Jerome James and Flip Murray?), I just think he's the most tradeable asset and he'll be dealt.

It makes sense to deal him, he's a 32-year old and he gets more expensive, so I'd hope to either use him to a) plug a hole or b) get younger.
#Knickstaps
teslawlo
USA
9/21/2004  8:18 PM
Yeah thats another factor... I think Dallas's interest with KT is over. It's been a few years now, full of KT to Dallas rumors, and none have come true. I don't see the Mavericks' interest in Kurt increasing..
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/21/2004  8:28 PM
Yeah I don't see Dallas doing this either. All last year the story kept coming out that they were over their infatuation with KT. I agree about their surplus in the backcourt, but I think Howard is a real promising sf for them and I think Daniels is strictly a guard. Plus Finley's getting up there in age now (and injury). I don't see them moving Howard, at least not for KT.
BigSm00th
USA
9/21/2004  8:38 PM
Would you accept KT and a 2nd rounder for Jerome James and Flip Murray (this presuming that Houston is hurt and the Knicks have no backup guard)?

Dallas could have need for KT, look at their roster:
Harris is a point guard.
Terry could play 1/2.
Stackhouse could play 2/3.
Daniels could play 1/2/3.
Finley could play 2/3.
Howard could play 2/3.
Dirk could play 3.
That means they have 2 people that can play point guard, 5 people that can play 2, and 5 that can play 3.

Here is their front court:
Nowitzki can play 3/4/5.
Dampier can play 4/5.
Bradley can play 5.
Booth can play 5.

While they have a loaded backcourt, they have virtually nothing up front. Adding KT to Dampier gives them two nasty block defenders who can also rebound very well is a huge plus. Also, their roster would now be somewhat more balanced, adding a legitimate big man and getting rid of the Human Toothpick Shawn Bradley.

It really makes sense for them if they're just getting pounded on the boards every night and if Dampier gets in foul trouble they're screwed.

The Knicks could potentially have Crawford, Howard, and Ariza at the 1/2/3 in like 10 years. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but that's pretty cool that they now have young players who can we extrapolate and predict good things, instead of saying "Hey, Howard Eisley is 31..........at least they'll be in the lottery again this year."

Bottom line is I think KT's value is at it's peak, and it's a mistake not to deal him now.
#Knickstaps
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
9/21/2004  10:01 PM
Unfortunatley, I think KT's value is past peak at this point. He was most valuable after putting up 15-9 as our starting ceter a few years ago. His contract is not great, plus with the trade kicker makes him even more expensive. I would do this trade for Josh Howard in a split second but Dallas is high on Howard and he may have a role on that team. He played well for them at the end of last year. They probably prefer to move Stackhouse at this point. I do agree they could definitley use KT to help back up their 4/5 spots.

The one guy I'd like to get from them is Pavel Podkolzine, a true C 7-5 300lbs only 19 yrs old who we can develop over the next few years. A raw player, bigtime project, but we aren't winning a title in the next 2 or 3 years, so might as well take a shot with a big kid like this. He dosen't have a lot of experience, or a post game but he can work on that in time. Like a lot of Euros he prefers the perimeter. With Kareem and Aguire as mentors, he could really develop. In a way, getting him would make up for losing Lampe in the Marbury trade. Dallas dosen't need him now with Dampier, Booth and if we give them KT, I could realistically see them doing a trade something along the lines of:

KT for Bradley and Pavel

or

KT, Moochie, 3mm for Stackhouse and Pavel

KT brings energy and defense of the bench and gives Dallas a lot of flexibilty in their frontcourt sets.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/21/2004  10:18 PM
BRIGGS, KT has been brought up in just about EVERY possible trade scenario involving the Dallas Mavericks, & nothing has ever happened...maybe they're just not interested in him afterall? ever think of that? if they wanted KT so much, don't you think a deal would have gone through by now? obviously, DAL isn't willing to give up any player of much worth for Kurt Thomas, & they CERTAINLY won't give up a promising young player like Josh Howard for him.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
another KT trade that sounds reasonable

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy