[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kemba Walker: Yay or Nay?
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Posts: 36022
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/8/2019  3:26 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:When KP was here, was in favor of Kemba coming to NY. KP is gone. DSJ just got here. Really hoping Perry/Mills dont max out a PG. Want to see Smith jr. get a legit chance to be a starter next season.

I agree, if smith finishes strong we should look at adding a forward or both forward positions.

My hope is

D jordan, Mitch
Durant, vonleh
Kawhi,Knox
Frank, trier
Smith JR, ja Morant

I like that lineup. Frank and DSJ getting some BBall esp going could be a game changer. Game wise they're like Ying and Yang. Frank had a real nice no look pass in his arsenal, his rookie year. Got away from that. Hope Frank finds a way to bring it back.

Frank doesnt need to be a dynamo on offense, especially if Smith jr. is in the backcourt with him. He does have to keep the D honest though. Guessing if Frank made it his mission to try to have one dunk per game. Just the effort to be aggressive enough to get there might help him turn the corner. Gradually clear away the indecision. Time with trainers on his first step, wouldnt hurt either.

AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Posts: 21004
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

2/8/2019  3:39 PM
Nay to both Kyrie & Kemba .. I recall both on a team like the Knicks .. they are not the PG leader you rebuild a team around !!!
meloshouldgo
Posts: 26456
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

2/8/2019  4:04 PM
Definitely maybe, NOT.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Posts: 26456
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

2/8/2019  4:05 PM
Kemet wrote:Nay to both Kyrie & Kemba .. I recall both on a team like the Knicks .. they are not the PG leader you rebuild a team around !!!

Agree completely

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Cartman718
Posts: 29017
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

2/8/2019  4:24 PM
kemba doesnt fit in our length oriented roster...
i'd rather see one of either mudiay or frank with kd, knox, zion vucevic/mitch
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Posts: 57874
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2019  5:17 PM
I Like Kemba. In charlotte. Good dude, very good player. I have seen plenty of Hornets games in person.
Just as soon pass. DSjr has his upside.
We tend to devalue upside on our own guys.
I don't like Kyrie and his mouth. But he can be a knick. Kyrie going to give you 60-75 games a year. That's been his range.
Flat earth, uncle drew and calls out his youth. After Melo, Marbles, and KP, that's nothing!
You don't show a fool a job half done!
meloshouldgo
Posts: 26456
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

2/8/2019  5:25 PM
Nalod wrote:I Like Kemba. In charlotte. Good dude, very good player. I have seen plenty of Hornets games in person.
Just as soon pass. DSjr has his upside.
We tend to devalue upside on our own guys.
I don't like Kyrie and his mouth. But he can be a knick. Kyrie going to give you 60-75 games a year. That's been his range.
Flat earth, uncle drew and calls out his youth. After Melo, Marbles, and KP, that's nothing!

Absolutely no to flat earthers, climate change deniers etc. Nothing screams low IQ like people who decide to go out of their way and prove it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26887
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/8/2019  5:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  5:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:I Like Kemba. In charlotte. Good dude, very good player. I have seen plenty of Hornets games in person.
Just as soon pass. DSjr has his upside.
We tend to devalue upside on our own guys.
I don't like Kyrie and his mouth. But he can be a knick. Kyrie going to give you 60-75 games a year. That's been his range.
Flat earth, uncle drew and calls out his youth. After Melo, Marbles, and KP, that's nothing!

Absolutely no to flat earthers, climate change deniers etc. Nothing screams low IQ like people who decide to go out of their way and prove it.


Hell, they can believe in cthulhu and thanks as the world's ultimate saviors if they give 20 and 8 on good efficiency. The questions about maxing out a small PG without the proper team dynamics in place are real tho. It depends on how free agency plays out. I hope the front office doesn't panic if plan A doesn't pan out.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Posts: 34249
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
2/8/2019  5:51 PM
After the Durant explosion, I have no interest in him coming here. He seems weak-minded. I would take Kemba below the max but only if we get Kawhi. That could be a good duo, especially if we end up with Zion. If we end up with nobody, than everything we did last week is a failure.
Friendship and business don’t mix.
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26887
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/8/2019  6:11 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:After the Durant explosion, I have no interest in him coming here. He seems weak-minded. I would take Kemba below the max but only if we get Kawhi. That could be a good duo, especially if we end up with Zion. If we end up with nobody, than everything we did last week is a failure.

Don't see it as failure. Even if we end up with Nobody in free agency, there's no reason we can't bring in a disgruntled star through trade next season. Heck, we could even collect more young picks and players as trade facilitators. I would consider a failure if we struck in the big names and started throwing money at "B" level stars.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Posts: 23244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

2/8/2019  6:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  6:37 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:When KP was here, was in favor of Kemba coming to NY. KP is gone. DSJ just got here. Really hoping Perry/Mills dont max out a PG. Want to see Smith jr. get a legit chance to be a starter next season.

I agree, if smith finishes strong we should look at adding a forward or both forward positions.

My hope is

D jordan, Mitch
Durant, vonleh
Kawhi,Knox
Frank, trier
Smith JR, ja Morant

I like your optimism. Think Jordan is not going to be resigned. No reason to.
Think Vonleh is gone as well. We won't,want to pay retail for him. Seems like Frank will be traded if they can pick up a 1st round pick.
No way Kawhi signs here. Has been know he wants to go back out west. If not, why would he pick Knicks over raptors? Think Durant is just another pipe dream. Which Knick fans like to do whenever there is cap room.

If we get Ja Morant or Zion, I will be happy. Wont be an easy task though. Hope your optimism wins out. At least with Durant and Kawhi.

As for thread topic. Hell no on Kemba. My biggest fear is the Knicks resort to maxing out guys like him when they miss out on bigger fish.

Mills, the puppet master, Selling 2019. (Edited) 2021
smackeddog
Posts: 34217
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
2/9/2019  1:15 PM
No way Kawhi is coming here.

For me it all depends on our draft position. If we land the no 1, there’s no way I’m trading it- draft Zion, land KD and go for Irving and if not, Kemba- gives a nice mix of vets and young guys to compensate as KD declines, plus you have insurance if Kyrie get injured or Kemba declines.

If we land no 2 or below, and DSJ looks good, then I’d strongly consider making a pitch for AD, if it’s not overpay (the pick, Knox, maybe the Mavs picks- I think that’s as good as what Boston will offer). That frees up more cap space ($5mil from taking AD over Kyrie, $8mil saving from not having the rookie cap hold, $4.4mil of Knox salary), works out about $17mil to build the roster around DSJ, KD and AD- maybe add Danny Green (or someone similar) and DJ, still have the room $5mil MLE for a cheap shooter.

Marv
Posts: 34777
Alba Posts: 69
Joined: 9/2/2002
Member: #315
2/9/2019  3:26 PM
i’d rather not spend money on a pg. dsj/frank combo can be jackson/strickland or ward/childs. or more. rather spend the money on going for:
Durant
Leonard
Thompson
Cousins
Middleton
Harris
Mirotic

i’d add gasol but i’m not sure he or fiz feel like going for round 2 of that

“This board has become a repository for mentally unstable attention seekers. Or gimmick posters.” - sebstar
ankurk
Posts: 20108
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/23/2015
Member: #6075

2/9/2019  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2019  4:54 PM
An AD trade would strip the knicks of all assets. I would not do such a trade.
If KD doesn't come and we dont have stars to make a legit run it only makes sense to continue to trust our process and the youth. Save the salary cap instead of mediocre contracts - absorb bad deals that will expire in the future with picks attached to them. Take on players like Chandler Parsons and a pick.

Fill out the roster with the youth for another year. Draft another top 3 pick and make a run in 2 years. It's a long time of waiting but it'll be sweeter than waiting for another 7-8 years if we pull a stoudemire free agency scenario. No point in stacking up on non-top talent for large deals if our team will only be good enough to compete in the first round

If we strike out - patience again. 2020 free agency sucks. 2021 doesn't.
Draft great for another 2 years. Make trades to acquire assets. and in 3 years have all our youth ready to rock and a free agency class of giannis
Lillard
AD
Beal
Gobert
Drummond
Mccollum

If we strike out on the first pick we might be going into 2021 in such a scenario looking like:
Lillard, Barrett, Knox vs 2020 lottery selection, Giannis, Robinson
Or
DSJ/Cole Anthony,Barrett, Knox, Giannis,AD
Striking out this FA might be not be the end of the world if we continue to manage our youth and CAP properly. Didn't the Nets get a first round pick just for absorbing Dwight Howard's garbage contract?

NardDogNation
Posts: 26966
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

2/10/2019  10:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2019  12:08 AM
...is there any possibility to trade for AD and still retain the ability to sign two max free agents? Davis is locked into a lesser max at $25 million per year and I have to think that all our rookie contracts come close to matching that. If so, I make that trade (with our pick and the Mavs') without question. AD-KD-Kyrie with a lower-level except signing and minimum contracts is enough to make the Eastern Conference Finals especially after buyout candidates are added.
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26887
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/10/2019  11:20 PM
NardDogNation wrote:...is there any possibility to trade for AD and still retain the ability to sign two max free agents? Davis is locked into a lesser max at $25 million per year and I have to think that all our rookie contracts come close to matching that. If so, I make that trade (with our pick and the Mavs') without question. AD-KD-Kyrie with a lower-level except signing and minimum contracts is enough to make the Eastern Conference especially after buyout candidates are added.

Maybe we could. But would that deal beat what the Celtics can offer? We need the #1 overall pick to get back into the conversation.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NardDogNation
Posts: 26966
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 5/7/2013
Member: #5555

2/11/2019  12:06 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:...is there any possibility to trade for AD and still retain the ability to sign two max free agents? Davis is locked into a lesser max at $25 million per year and I have to think that all our rookie contracts come close to matching that. If so, I make that trade (with our pick and the Mavs') without question. AD-KD-Kyrie with a lower-level except signing and minimum contracts is enough to make the Eastern Conference especially after buyout candidates are added.

Maybe we could. But would that deal beat what the Celtics can offer? We need the #1 overall pick to get back into the conversation.

I don't think we have to play the "best offer" game because so much of this comes down to what team Anthony Davis will re-sign with. If the rumors are to be believed, Davis has no interest in joining the Celtics due to the belief that Danny Ainge is untrustworthy and the understanding that Kyrie Irving will not stay with the team. If that's the case heading into the offseason, the Celtics are not going to make a godfather offer while the value of the no.1 overall pick trumps anything the Lakers, Clippers, etc. could offer.

I've come around on the KP trade but still think this notion of us having a star-studded summer (at least the type we are envisioning) is a pipedream. This is just me playing devil's advocate. In the end, it's probably for the best since I view KD as being mentally-weak, Irving as an empty calorie ball player and both as future bad contracts given their injury history. I just hope we don't do anything stupid should/when we swing-and-miss on both players, like maxing Kemba Walker, DeMarcus Cousins, Tobias Harris, etc. to save face. We need to be patient and continue to build our asset base. My dream summer would actually be us getting the no.1 overall pick, using Dennis Smith and those Mavs draft assets to get Ja Morant (which runs a bit counter to my earlier statement/Hinkie-ism), while preserving our cap space until we find a talent worthwhile.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 26887
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/11/2019  1:42 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:...is there any possibility to trade for AD and still retain the ability to sign two max free agents? Davis is locked into a lesser max at $25 million per year and I have to think that all our rookie contracts come close to matching that. If so, I make that trade (with our pick and the Mavs') without question. AD-KD-Kyrie with a lower-level except signing and minimum contracts is enough to make the Eastern Conference especially after buyout candidates are added.

Maybe we could. But would that deal beat what the Celtics can offer? We need the #1 overall pick to get back into the conversation.

I don't think we have to play the "best offer" game because so much of this comes down to what team Anthony Davis will re-sign with. If the rumors are to be believed, Davis has no interest in joining the Celtics due to the belief that Danny Ainge is untrustworthy and the understanding that Kyrie Irving will not stay with the team. If that's the case heading into the offseason, the Celtics are not going to make a godfather offer while the value of the no.1 overall pick trumps anything the Lakers, Clippers, etc. could offer.

I've come around on the KP trade but still think this notion of us having a star-studded summer (at least the type we are envisioning) is a pipedream. This is just me playing devil's advocate. In the end, it's probably for the best since I view KD as being mentally-weak, Irving as an empty calorie ball player and both as future bad contracts given their injury history. I just hope we don't do anything stupid should/when we swing-and-miss on both players, like maxing Kemba Walker, DeMarcus Cousins, Tobias Harris, etc. to save face. We need to be patient and continue to build our asset base. My dream summer would actually be us getting the no.1 overall pick, using Dennis Smith and those Mavs draft assets to get Ja Morant (which runs a bit counter to my earlier statement/Hinkie-ism), while preserving our cap space until we find a talent worthwhile.


I've read some reports that say Ainge is moving forward in the summer with Tatum as the centerpiece. I know Tatum hasn't made the jump Celtics fans hoped for, but he still trumps anything we can offer as a centerpiece. The Kyrie situation may make Ainge more desperate. If it's Zion (and I'm hoping someone in their front-office has a real hardon for him. It only takes one) we can play ball. But I don't think Reddish, Barret or Morant would get them more excited than Tatum. Tatum, their pick from Memphis alone is tough to match.
I'm not as high on Morant as you, but I agree with your general assessment. We don't need to sign a quasi-star to mess up our cap again. As Nalod suggested in another thread, we can be facilitators and collect assets. I'd hope we can do better than a Lonzo Ball, but I can easily go along with the idea.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
VDesai
Posts: 34009
Alba Posts: 43
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
2/11/2019  10:21 AM
Lets be serious for a sec. The Knicks will have the money for Kyrie and KD and will be mentioned for AD, but we all know that they will only end up signing Kemba Walker to the max and he will suck for about 3-4 years before we buy him out. This is KNOWN.
martin
Posts: 48701
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
2/11/2019  11:26 AM
VDesai wrote:Lets be serious for a sec. The Knicks will have the money for Kyrie and KD and will be mentioned for AD, but we all know that they will only end up signing Kemba Walker to the max and he will suck for about 3-4 years before we buy him out. This is KNOWN.

someone still needs his coffee this morning

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Kemba Walker: Yay or Nay?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.