[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Could Melo sign with Knicks or Nets instead of Lakers??
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
2/8/2019  8:26 AM
Speculation he goes to LA, but Melo may want to play it out in NY to be with his family.

He could play out string of games with Knicks and then retire. Something the new Knicks management may do since it’s likely Melo will get his # retired here.

The more plausible scenario is the Brooklyn Nets. He’s with his family and on for a playoff team.

Playing with his buddy Lebron is most likely though. It’s just that if it didn’t work in OKC or Houston, he probably doesn’t have much left.

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/8/2019  8:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  8:43 AM
Why use valuable development minutes on thing like this.
We have veteran big man who is much better mentor and role model.
Leave Melo in the past. His era is gone. Let it rest.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2019  8:55 AM
Doubt either side is interested. Melo wont want a bench role, pretty sure Fizdale would rather use the minutes to develop players. Didnt help his legacy after leaving NY.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/8/2019  9:33 AM
has he even been released? What on earth is taking so long? Why on earth did Houston not release him?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/8/2019  10:17 AM
oh dear god no... if he wants to come back next year I would be open to it but right now, no... we need to get some scrubs on the court and pretend like we want to evaluate them. I do not need to see melo go for 35 against some good team that is expecting to steamroll us, so they go out drinking the night before and stay out until game time. We have a legitimate shot at Zion and we cannot **** this up
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/8/2019  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  10:46 AM
Only if we pair him up with Jeremy Lin.

Melo was someone worth having in 2012. Looked real old in 2019.

Nets and Knicks on different paths. (Young movement and rebuild) He is best suited for quick offensive spark for a team looking for that in the playoffs.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
arkrud
USA
2/8/2019  10:50 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Only if we pair him up with Jeremy Lin.

Nets and Knicks on different paths. (Young movement and rebuild) He is best suited for quick offensive spark for a team looking for that in the playoffs.

Melo is not old. See Vince Carter.
It is about attitude not years.
Attitude makes Melo old news.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/8/2019  10:53 AM
Please no. I want to see some more uptempo ball here to finish things out, not slog our way through games with Melo.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/8/2019  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  11:08 AM
arkrud wrote:

So the right attitude for someone who is at the back end of their careers is to be ok with just over 15 minuttes a game and playing insignificant minutes on bad teams? Which is basically what Carter has done the last 5 years.
Dont see anything unussual with a guy that was so good to want to hold on and not just want to be a bench player for the sake of sticking with the league. Another difference in Melo/Carter is the type of players they are. Melo is (High usage post player) which is old NBA. Carter, being a three point threat and slasher to basket, has more use in todays NBA. I personally think a guy like Melo who was such a good offensive player and now the league has passed him by should call it quits and move on to other things.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/8/2019  11:08 AM
F U C K. M E L O
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Juliano
Member: #7589

2/8/2019  11:40 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:F U C K. M E L O

Didn't see that one coming! :D

dwiley20
Member: #5755

2/8/2019  2:32 PM
arkrud wrote:

Facts

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/8/2019  2:57 PM
No please. Anything but
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
arkrud
USA
2/8/2019  2:59 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:

So the right attitude for someone who is at the back end of their careers is to be ok with just over 15 minuttes a game and playing insignificant minutes on bad teams? Which is basically what Carter has done the last 5 years.
Dont see anything unussual with a guy that was so good to want to hold on and not just want to be a bench player for the sake of sticking with the league. Another difference in Melo/Carter is the type of players they are. Melo is (High usage post player) which is old NBA. Carter, being a three point threat and slasher to basket, has more use in todays NBA. I personally think a guy like Melo who was such a good offensive player and now the league has passed him by should call it quits and move on to other things.

Vince like the game. Always did.
In my books he had and still have better carrier in NBA that Melo.
When he was in his prime he could score from anywhere and was the best dunker in the game.
And he never was a diva.
If he would be an option to come to the Knicks now I will be all for it.
He is an inspiration for young players and example on how to do it right way.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2019  3:09 PM
dwiley20 wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Facts

Naw, Melo is pretty washed. He couldn't even thrive in a Carter type role in OKC and Houston. His shooting percentages were bad, even when he was asked to just spot up. Olympic Melo killed in that role. The attitude doesn't help tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/8/2019  4:03 PM
Juliano wrote:

Surprised it took that long.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/8/2019  4:08 PM
Ummm, we're already the worst team in the league. What could happen? We actually get better? Knox doesn't get a chance to hurt himself more? Noah Vonleh gets insulted? Lance Thomas wants to take back his goodbye love letter?

Would be interesting to see if Melo would come here for the minimum. Has being unwanted made him any more humble?

Watching that can't be any worse than watching what's going on already.

meloshouldgo

2/8/2019  4:10 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Juliano wrote:

Surprised it took that long.

Einstein, I don't have UK open in front of me 24x7, otherwise it would have been the first part on the thread.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/8/2019  5:02 PM
Could it just be the Knicks repairing an old relationship.. what’s next Oakley sitting next to Dolan at a game lol

For a lost season why not bring back Melo, especially if he plans to retire. Let’s not also forget that he & KD are Maryland guys.. just saying

meloshouldgo

2/8/2019  5:23 PM
TLover wrote:Could it just be the Knicks repairing an old relationship.. what’s next Oakley sitting next to Dolan at a game lol

For a lost season why not bring back Melo, especially if he plans to retire. Let’s not also forget that he & KD are Maryland guys.. just saying

Because we don't want to poison the youth movement.

Could Melo sign with Knicks or Nets instead of Lakers??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy