[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Players remaining on our team...
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
2/7/2019  8:22 PM
Surprised we did not acquire at least a 2nd rounder for Vonleh. Even Mudiay would help a playoff team as a secondary ball handler; although practicing against DSJr will make both players better.

If we do keep Ntlinkina he better work on his jump shot all summer.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2019  10:57 PM
TLover wrote:Surprised we did not acquire at least a 2nd rounder for Vonleh. Even Mudiay would help a playoff team as a secondary ball handler; although practicing against DSJr will make both players better.

LOL Mudiay couldn’t help the Knicks win games, what makes you think he’d help a playoff team?

Bad defense bad shooting bad finishing at the rim. What does he help you out with?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TLover
USA
2/7/2019  11:03 PM
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:Surprised we did not acquire at least a 2nd rounder for Vonleh. Even Mudiay would help a playoff team as a secondary ball handler; although practicing against DSJr will make both players better.

LOL Mudiay couldn’t help the Knicks win games, what makes you think he’d help a playoff team?

Bad defense bad shooting bad finishing at the rim. What does he help you out with?

Mudiay has some decent games this year. With DSJr now on the team, there’s really no need for him.
Will say that Mudiay has had a better season than Frank Ntlinkina- which is not saying much.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/7/2019  11:20 PM
martin wrote:

Martin - be nice, Mudiay has improved his finishing at the rim.

I'm fond of him, think he'd be great to keep, but realize there is hardly any interest in him out there.

His ability to help us tank is appreciated!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2019  11:29 PM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

I'm fond of him, think he'd be great to keep, but realize there is hardly any interest in him out there.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TLover
USA
2/8/2019  12:21 AM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

My point is, why keep players that most likely won’t be on your team next year.

Understand you have to fill up a roster but don’t cry if Mudiay is on the team next season. Fiz is rather fond of the kid.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/8/2019  12:25 AM
TLover wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

My point is, why keep players that most likely won’t be on your team next year.

Understand you have to fill up a roster but don’t cry if Mudiay is on the team next season. Fiz is rather fond of the kid.

Fiz was good for Mud. He coached Mud not to fall every time going to the rim but just sometimes.
He is better that way..

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2019  3:59 AM

Begely said the magic were interested in Frank but we chose to keep him, which I think as the right decision. Need to develop him now in his future role- bench player, swinging between PG,SG, and SF. Also am looking forward to seeing him alongside Dennis Jr. Really, he just needs to nail his 3pt shooting (which I think he can do), and the rest of his game will follow.

smackeddog
2/8/2019  5:21 AM
A shame there aren't any Prigs, Jarred Jack type old PG's out there- I'd like to add one to help mentor Frank and DSJr
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2019  6:31 AM
smackeddog wrote:A shame there aren't any Prigs, Jarred Jack type old PG's out there- I'd like to add one to help mentor Frank and DSJr
I saw an article on draftexpress talking about the 17 point guard class. Both Smith and Frank were seen as guys that should go to a stable organization. The writer pointed out that going to the Knicks at that time could really hamper Smith’s career because of the lack of structure, dysfunction etc. He thought the Mavs would be the best fit. He also said Frank should spend a ton of time playing on the ball in the g league. The pushback on that suggestion was pretty hard last year. Frank’s best suggested fit was the Heat. I believe. The article was written by Mike Schmidt.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/8/2019  6:32 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:A shame there aren't any Prigs, Jarred Jack type old PG's out there- I'd like to add one to help mentor Frank and DSJr
I saw an article on draftexpress talking about the 17 point guard class. Both Smith and Frank were seen as guys that should go to a stable organization. The writer pointed out that going to the Knicks at that time could really hamper Smith’s career because of the lack of structure, dysfunction etc. He thought the Mavs would be the best fit. He also said Frank should spend a ton of time playing on the ball in the g league. The pushback on that suggestion was pretty hard last year. Frank’s best suggested fit was the Heat. I believe. The article was written by Mike Schmidt.

Franks fit might have been with the hornets. Amazing how good that site was.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

2/8/2019  6:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  6:40 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Franks fit might have been with the hornets. Amazing how good that site was.

I think Franks fit better in a bun!

arkrud
USA
2/8/2019  9:57 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Stereotypes about the Knicks being dis-functional will take long time to dissolve.
I think Knicks are great place for both Frank and DSJr as they will get a ton of minutes in actual NBA games.
Regardless they will stick of will be used in trades they are the assets.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/8/2019  10:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  10:28 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Begely said the magic were interested in Frank but we chose to keep him, which I think as the right decision. Need to develop him now in his future role- bench player, swinging between PG,SG, and SF. Also am looking forward to seeing him alongside Dennis Jr. Really, he just needs to nail his 3pt shooting (which I think he can do), and the rest of his game will follow.

Its a smart move not to trade him now, his offense is at the bottom of the league. Smith jr and Frank might click, Frank can always up his trade value, if he doesnt have a place in NY.

Thought early on that Frank was missing something that could cut short his career in the NBA (since his rookie year) the lack of a sense of urgency, to become more of a factor on offense.

Maybe it was being annointed by a legendary coach, but Frank has acted like he has all the time in the world to get better. That the only timeline that mattered was his.

Flash foward to now, Smith jr on the team, gunning for the number one spot.

If Frank cant see the writing on the wall...

Hope he can come back with a different mindset. Maybe DSJ as a Knick now, will give Frank that sense of urgency.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/8/2019  10:29 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I agree. Frank has more value to us as a guy who could be developed on a rookie deal than whatever crap we'd have gotten back. The biggest thing holding Frank back is his shot. I don't think his mechanics are broken or anything though. I just think he needs to find Allen Houston in the offseason and shoot with him over the summer, or maybe a guy like Rajon Rondo. This year, his shot has regressed. That's not good. But this isn't like we're asking Eddy Curry to rebound or block shots. If he can raise his FG% to 40 to 45% range, he becomes part of the solution. He doesn't need to score like DSJ and Knox, he just needs people to respect his shot. I don't think that that is impossible

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
2/8/2019  11:15 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I agree. Frank has more value to us as a guy who could be developed on a rookie deal than whatever crap we'd have gotten back. The biggest thing holding Frank back is his shot. I don't think his mechanics are broken or anything though. I just think he needs to find Allen Houston in the offseason and shoot with him over the summer, or maybe a guy like Rajon Rondo. This year, his shot has regressed. That's not good. But this isn't like we're asking Eddy Curry to rebound or block shots. If he can raise his FG% to 40 to 45% range, he becomes part of the solution. He doesn't need to score like DSJ and Knox, he just needs people to respect his shot. I don't think that that is impossible

I don't think all the stop-starting has helped him develop this season- whether it be benchings, being pulled from the starting lineup, or getting injured- I just want Fizzier to keep his role consistent for the rest of the season (and hope he doesn't get injured). Let him develop a rhythm.

arkrud
USA
2/8/2019  11:17 AM
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I don't think all the stop-starting has helped him develop this season- whether it be benchings, being pulled from the starting lineup, or getting injured- I just want Fizzier to keep his role consistent for the rest of the season (and hope he doesn't get injured). Let him develop a rhythm.

The opportunity is there. He should have a lot of run after coming back from injury.

smackeddog
2/8/2019  11:20 AM
arkrud wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

The opportunity is there. He should have a lot of run after coming back from injury.

Yup, but I'd just like to keep his role the rest of the season consistent and allow him to focus on developing with that

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2019  11:26 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I hope we keep him purely at the point. His greatest asset is his length in defending the point. When we play him at the other positions we negate this

I don't imagine he'll ever be electric but he should learn to punish smaller defenders even if its with "push shots" in the lane and he has to -- as in imperative -- hit open jumpers (that's not asking a lot for a professional)

Once he can do that consistently, then next steps...

(5)(5)
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/8/2019  11:33 AM
Makes sense that they would not move him right now. Wait until the offseason, and if you need to free up another 4.8M you could trade him to a team with some cap space and take nothing but a pick in return.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Players remaining on our team...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy