[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What would you give up for AD?
Author Thread
dwiley20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5755

2/7/2019  7:08 AM
I love the thought of a top 5 player in the NBA Draft with signing 2 max guys with role players like Knox, Frank, Robinson and DSJ around.

If we had to trade I would give up this year's first plus Dallas 2 first rounders. Frank, lantern, mudiay, maybe Robinson

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/7/2019  8:16 AM
dwiley20 wrote:I love the thought of a top 5 player in the NBA Draft with signing 2 max guys with role players like Knox, Frank, Robinson and DSJ around.

If we had to trade I would give up this year's first plus Dallas 2 first rounders. Frank, lantern, mudiay, maybe Robinson

This year top 1 protected, Dallas 1-5 protected and 1-10 protected.
No Mitch, no Knox, no Frank preferably. The rest up to their choosing.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/7/2019  8:45 AM
arkrud wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:I love the thought of a top 5 player in the NBA Draft with signing 2 max guys with role players like Knox, Frank, Robinson and DSJ around.

This year top 1 protected, Dallas 1-5 protected and 1-10 protected.
No Mitch, no Knox, no Frank preferably. The rest up to their choosing.

Obviously they aren't taking that or OPs offer. It would probably start with Knox, Frank, and 4 FRP's. 2019 and 2021 from us, and the 2 dallas picks. I don't think you even get into the conversation without that package to begin with.

The alternative is to hope that KD and Kyrie come and Jordan resigns at a discount. Then during the draft moving Smith, 2019 FRP (if it's not #1 overall) and one or two of the Dallas picks for Beal. Lineup would be Jordan, KD, Knox, Beal, and Kyrie. I firmly believe we will never use those Dallas picks, but will trade them as part of a package for a star once things come to light this summer. It's a good problem to have. Extra draft picks are so valuable as long as you haven't used them yet.

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/7/2019  10:07 AM

The problem with doing that is unless we sign major free agent/s this Summer, AD leaves in the summer of 2020.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/7/2019  10:30 AM
Don't want to trade for him- we need our you players and draft picks to fill out the roster. Why give them up for AD when you might be able to add a different star player for free as a free agent and keep all that stuff? Not repeating the Melo debacle again, thanks!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/7/2019  10:41 AM
smackeddog wrote:Don't want to trade for him- we need our you players and draft picks to fill out the roster. Why give them up for AD when you might be able to add a different star player for free as a free agent and keep all that stuff? Not repeating the Melo debacle again, thanks!
Obviously I would LOVE to get him but their asking price is astronomical. I mean the Lakers are willing to give basically everyone not names Lebron,take back a contract,and at least two unprotected firsts and they still said no. Can imagine what it would cost us lol.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/7/2019  10:48 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Don't want to trade for him- we need our you players and draft picks to fill out the roster. Why give them up for AD when you might be able to add a different star player for free as a free agent and keep all that stuff? Not repeating the Melo debacle again, thanks!
Obviously I would LOVE to get him but their asking price is astronomical. I mean the Lakers are willing to give basically everyone not names Lebron,take back a contract,and at least two unprotected firsts and they still said no. Can imagine what it would cost us lol.

They are doing that purposely because that's where he would prefer to go, and the lakers want him badly..

4 1st rnd picks

all of their young good players

plus taking back the worse contract the pelicans have..

I mean they aren't even using vaseline..lol

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/7/2019  10:50 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

They are doing that purposely because that's where he would prefer to go, and the lakers want him badly..

4 1st rnd picks

I understand how it works. Im just saying we dont have those assets anyway besides our picks. Ive said for many days he will be a Laker
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
2/7/2019  11:09 AM
Because I think trading for him increases our free agency pickup this summer - I would offer this years 1st round pick, Dallas 1st round (2023), Knox, Frank or DSJr and expiring guys (Vonleh, Mudiay) if wanted... IMO, anything more would be gutting our roster and not worth it long-term

After they started laughing the FO would hang up and go about their day

smackeddog
2/7/2019  11:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  11:13 AM
So glad this isn't going to happen:

I'd honestly rather have KD and Kyrie or even Kemba plus Knox, mitch and our first round pick this year, than KD, AD and nothing

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2019  11:24 AM
It's insane to think that Pelicans would trade AD to the Knicks today, right? We all on the level with that?

Cause that 2019 #1 slot today would go to caca just as soon as AD starts playing, right?

Pelicans would just wait til offseason when Lakers, Knicks, Boston trip over each other all day long to trade AD

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
2/7/2019  11:32 AM
martin wrote:It's insane to think that Pelicans would trade AD to the Knicks today, right? We all on the level with that?

Cause that 2019 #1 slot today would go to caca just as soon as AD starts playing, right?

Pelicans would just wait til offseason when Lakers, Knicks, Boston trip over each other all day long to trade AD

Correct, though I don't think we'd win that many games with just a roster of AD, Trier, DSJ, Dotson and DeAndre Jordan.

Apparently the Nuggets offered the Pelicans:

(he's the guy that people doubted, but broke the KP trade a few hours early, and said we had been exploring Tim Jr and Frank for Wes and DSJ, a few weeks before.)

arkrud
USA
2/7/2019  11:56 AM
martin wrote:It's insane to think that Pelicans would trade AD to the Knicks today, right? We all on the level with that?

AD is not happening.
For this to make sense:
1. 2019 must be top 1 protected then why pels will doit
2. AD should not play this season with some maintenance/repair bs
3. Pels should be desperate which they are not.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2019  12:01 PM
I have little feeling to empty the cupboard for AD. Stars in their prime like Jabbar took 4 seasons to become Showtime and it was mostly trading for picks and they really turned out. Draft Magic then Worthy back to back with Jabbar who defied age? Very special.
What is crazy is Zion alone might be more valuable then AD alone.
Thus I am on board with waiting. Pel's are in a bad spot with AD sitting rest of season.
I like AD but can we bring him and sign two max? I don't think so. One. So in my mind are we better with Some combo of Kawhi/Durant/Boogie/Kyrie aaaaaaaan Zion/Barret?

Timeline is we go thru lottery, then draft, then Free agency. AD should be wary of Lakers as its him and Lebron basically with not much else. I fear the same if we trade for him.
AD can say he only signs with Lakers, but something changed to allow others. Maybe league would come down hard on lakes via tampering. Its ugly.

I'd like a long sustainable era to partake for the knicks. Things we can't see unfolding but I hope if we built on Kawahi and Kyrie we'd have few years to get it together. KD might be ok with not wining a chip in year one or two.
Im ok with making the playoffs and progression. some by fA's, trade and youth.
If there is a path to sustainability with AD that's cool
Starphuchs bore me.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/7/2019  12:15 PM
nothing - I would just pitch him when he is a UFA. I have no interest in Melo pt II
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2019  12:18 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:nothing - I would just pitch him when he is a UFA. I have no interest in Melo pt II

this

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
arkrud
USA
2/7/2019  12:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  12:19 PM
Nalod wrote:I have little feeling to empty the cupboard for AD. Stars in their prime like Jabbar took 4 seasons to become Showtime and it was mostly trading for picks and they really turned out. Draft Magic then Worthy back to back with Jabbar who defied age? Very special.
What is crazy is Zion alone might be more valuable then AD alone.
Thus I am on board with waiting. Pel's are in a bad spot with AD sitting rest of season.
I like AD but can we bring him and sign two max? I don't think so. One. So in my mind are we better with Some combo of Kawhi/Durant/Boogie/Kyrie aaaaaaaan Zion/Barret?

Timeline is we go thru lottery, then draft, then Free agency. AD should be wary of Lakers as its him and Lebron basically with not much else. I fear the same if we trade for him.
AD can say he only signs with Lakers, but something changed to allow others. Maybe league would come down hard on lakes via tampering. Its ugly.

I'd like a long sustainable era to partake for the knicks. Things we can't see unfolding but I hope if we built on Kawahi and Kyrie we'd have few years to get it together. KD might be ok with not wining a chip in year one or two.
Im ok with making the playoffs and progression. some by fA's, trade and youth.
If there is a path to sustainability with AD that's cool
Starphuchs bore me.

Pels will be desperate to take the best available offer but NBA can step in and disallow trade to Lakers.
KNicks will have a chance only after our pick will became the first and not because we will offer it for AD but because AD will want to play with possible young LeBron not the old a..hole.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/7/2019  12:39 PM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:nothing - I would just pitch him when he is a UFA. I have no interest in Melo pt II

this

yup yup

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2019  12:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  12:58 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

4 1st rnd picks

I understand how it works. Im just saying we dont have those assets anyway besides our picks. Ive said for many days he will be a Laker

NO's hatred for Rob Pelinka and Rich Paul is real. AD might end up a Laker, but it won't be for a while. Boston has better assets (I think) and it would be one of the most spiteful moves on the table.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/7/2019  12:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  12:55 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I don't think that package from the Lakers is anything close to astronomical though. It's just big, like a pupu platter. I think this is where we disagree on things in general going back to the KP deal. All those guys in the Lakers deal are replaceable. Nothing special is in there, and the 2 1sts would be coming from a team that starts with LeBron and AD - not good picks.

The Pels are actually being realistic in their asking price, which is that they want 1 big-time quality asset to be the centerpiece, like a top 3 pick or Tatum. Something they can potentially build around.

I think we would have a legitimate shot at him with that top pick. I wouldn't trade it if it's the #1, but just about anything else I would and that with the Dallas 1sts and if DSJ can pump up some value could be closer than people think. I would take that over the Lakers spare parts offer because it at least gives them a shot at a franchise type player in the draft.

What would you give up for AD?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy