Durant getting tired of the media and the Knicks talk
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/11/2019  5:18 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:We won't be on the presentation. Durants agent has enough forsight to pave the interest for both sides.
As fans we tend to not value our players properly. Time and space also matters. What is Knox value in another year. Not Tatum like, but this kid might start to show enough to warrant a premium in return to a team rebuilding. What would Griffith look like if Detroit reboots? Not next year, the year after.
Durant and Kyrie likely would know and understand contention won't happen over night. What if DSjr with a year of Kyrie really starts to look good off the bench. Teams will want that. Frank if not traded can do what he does but now avg. 12pts a game.
And what if our pick this year is better than another year of knicks1248 droning on and on.
Knox has developed nice. He could be a great player or a great trading asset.
Maybe.
You or I don't have to see it, but Durants and Kyries people do.
Where the team is and where it can go are not the same. The past is not even relevant.

I seriously doubt the knicks keep frank, knox, and DSJ, one of them will be traded for either cap space, a draft pick or veteran

I’m sure its instinctive for you to retort this, but I addressed that reality.
Berman says it every time he mentioned frank over the last two months. He thinks he gets traded draft night.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
USA
4/11/2019  5:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2019  5:38 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:We won't be on the presentation. Durants agent has enough forsight to pave the interest for both sides.
As fans we tend to not value our players properly. Time and space also matters. What is Knox value in another year. Not Tatum like, but this kid might start to show enough to warrant a premium in return to a team rebuilding. What would Griffith look like if Detroit reboots? Not next year, the year after.
Durant and Kyrie likely would know and understand contention won't happen over night. What if DSjr with a year of Kyrie really starts to look good off the bench. Teams will want that. Frank if not traded can do what he does but now avg. 12pts a game.
And what if our pick this year is better than another year of knicks1248 droning on and on.
Maybe.
Where the team is and where it can go are not the same. The past is not even relevant.

We've overvalued our picks as well. Channing Frye aka Tim Duncan. So few of our first round picks have panned out. The ones that did werent here long. Believe we hold the record for futility, in that dept. Forget the actual stat, something about their career numbers.

I see two of the most media sensitive players in the league, in the media capitol of the world. One of them has missed part or all of every other playoff run going into this year's playoffs. Kyrie gets hurt again, the debate will probably be over. Like I said. If we brought them here, would like to see a third star with playoff experience. Make a strong run, right out of the gate. Wade took the hit for Miami, Dirk in Dallas, Timmy in SA. Not unheard of. They were the franchise player, someone would have to play that role here.

Your correct. We have failed to home grow a star. Channing was a four year player seen as finished product with not much upside but solid. He really fulfilled his draft projections Fans were excited because he was a rook. Dlee exceeded.
But again your projecting a past into the future.
For years I have been harping to increase opportunity via draft. THis is how you find a player like Mitch. More likely they don’t stick but you let them go. Few of our draft picks have been worthy but if the law of averages are not in your favor then change something.
Wade and Miami’s was interesing as you mentioned. Miami had wade and tanked post Shaq. Riles got lucky for sure. He created the opportunity. Wade himself at the 5 was a godsend. Riles cleaned house and they were awful setting up to make trades with assets and ready the roster for Lebron and Bosh. He took Beas with the second pick. They survived.
I don’t know what this summer will look like but it does not look like anything we have done before.
A roster full of youth, some with potential, historical cap space for an NBA team and a top 5 pick.
7 picks in the next 5 years. I not saying we can’t **** it up, but this is like nothing we have done before.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/11/2019  8:47 AM
Nalod wrote:2
knicks1248 wrote:
Maybe.

I seriously doubt the knicks keep frank, knox, and DSJ, one of them will be traded for either cap space, a draft pick or veteran

I’m sure its instinctive for you to retort this, but I addressed that reality.
Berman says it every time he mentioned frank over the last two months. He thinks he gets traded draft night.

I can see Frank getting traded for the Spurs 2nd first round pick, 29 overall, or 32 (philly), 33 (phoenix), 34 (philly again), or 35 (Atlanta.) I think very low first round or high second round is where his value is right now and Perry may want to pick his own player and start fresh. I see Smith getting moved only if Irving or Walker are signed, but in that case definitely being moved for an established veteran player who can provide a big boost to the rotation alongside KD and Irving. I don't see Knox, Robinson, Trier, Dotson, and our 2019 1st pick being moved for anything. I see next year's lineup with a good blend of vets and young prospects.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/15/2019  3:30 AM
Ha ha, KD and Play looking very shifty when the interviewer asks if any of them can imagine playing anywhere else:

Nalod
USA
4/15/2019  10:00 AM
While I would not say "Shifty", it was clear they did not want to answer the question and went distant for a second. Im going to guess its been scripted that they won't talk about it and others as iggy did speak up and take it. I thought it was handled great by Iggy and Livingston.

This is a tough thing to be in battle as brothers and knowing its likely the last ride without Durant. Dray is an emotional driven player and I can see why it got to him. Dray, Klay and Steph own it from the beginning. Durant came in but perhaps never thought he'd finish his career there. I think the league has caught up with them without Boogie and Durant from the 73 win team. Bogut was a different player then.

ITs a special group and time of their lives. Im sure in time they will relish the moment even more.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/15/2019  11:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2019  11:43 AM
Nalod wrote:While I would not say "Shifty", it was clear they did not want to answer the question and went distant for a second. Im going to guess its been scripted that they won't talk about it and others as iggy did speak up and take it. I thought it was handled great by Iggy and Livingston.

This is a tough thing to be in battle as brothers and knowing its likely the last ride without Durant. Dray is an emotional driven player and I can see why it got to him. Dray, Klay and Steph own it from the beginning. Durant came in but perhaps never thought he'd finish his career there. I think the league has caught up with them without Boogie and Durant from the 73 win team. Bogut was a different player then.

ITs a special group and time of their lives. Im sure in time they will relish the moment even more.

There are many considerations in life.
Iggy and Livingston earned the piece of mind.
They can stay in the moment until the end of their playing carrier and they earned it all the way.
Steph is the franchise and there is no need for any other path.
KD came in to win it all and move on with whatever will come next and will make most sense from business/personal/basketball perspective.
Klay is a supplementary star player. He may crave for bugger role and want to stay cool at the same time. Tough choices for him.
For both Klay and KD it was not an easy public relation question to answer and open the cards prematurely.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
4/16/2019  4:18 PM
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:While I would not say "Shifty", it was clear they did not want to answer the question and went distant for a second. Im going to guess its been scripted that they won't talk about it and others as iggy did speak up and take it. I thought it was handled great by Iggy and Livingston.

They can stay in the moment until the end of their playing carrier and they earned it all the way.
KD came in to win it all and move on with whatever will come next and will make most sense from business/personal/basketball perspective.
Klay is a supplementary star player. He may crave for bugger role and want to stay cool at the same time. Tough choices for him.
For both Klay and KD it was not an easy public relation question to answer and open the cards prematurely.

Sorry I don't have the quote source but read in last 24 hours Durant saying how he likes the bay area because he can kind of disappear into the crowd a bit. Its a big city. Taken in context the tone was (If you read it) was not foreshadowing he was leaving but that he it would be disrespectful to his team to discuss any of plans if he had any but that he has really enjoyed living there. Seemed it could be postmortem. The rumors to taint anything he says. Its not fair really, but it is what it is.

Disappearing into a big city environment. Hmmmmm, wonder what he could mean by that???
LA? NYC? Nets here too!!

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/16/2019  5:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2019  5:04 PM
Nalod wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Sorry I don't have the quote source but read in last 24 hours Durant saying how he likes the bay area because he can kind of disappear into the crowd a bit. Its a big city. Taken in context the tone was (If you read it) was not foreshadowing he was leaving but that he it would be disrespectful to his team to discuss any of plans if he had any but that he has really enjoyed living there. Seemed it could be postmortem. The rumors to taint anything he says. Its not fair really, but it is what it is.

Disappearing into a big city environment. Hmmmmm, wonder what he could mean by that???
LA? NYC? Nets here too!!

...Which is a bit weird to hear from KD, since earlier in his career, in respect to OKC, he said he specifically didn't like "Big City" environs...that he preferred smallness. How times change!

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/16/2019  5:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
arkrud wrote:

LA? NYC? Nets here too!!

LA or Manhattan are the only places packed with other celebs for athlete as KD to "disappear".
So it is between 3 teams not 4. Brooklyn is close to the City but KD will be a giant figure with no one even close.
He is not going to go under Bron command for sure. He needs his team to lead.
So it is between Clips and Knicks.
But Clips can bring in only one max so it really depends if KD will believe in this year success they need to add to in playoffs.
So far so good but still most likely thy are out from 1st round with the only question how much fight they will show to KD.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

4/18/2019  3:17 PM
is anybody paying attention to how needy and in denial the warriors seem about this durant situation. i was listening to this guy from the athletic who covers the warriors on cowherd's show today, and every reason he gave for kd staying had almost nothing to do with basketball. they both wondered why durant would leave when there are such great players there not even paying attention to the chemistry issues all season. the new arena was brought up, and cowherd mentioned that the owner was going to hook him up with all these billionaires that nobody's heard of. everything seemed so over the top. the impression i get is that the warriors know they won't be an automatic title contender without durant, and people are putting out these things hoping kd stays to make the franchise look good.

i understand how good the warriors are on the court, but durant staying there would be tough to take because the warriors seem like the 1% percent of basketball. i don't know if i could deal with their arrogance if he re-signed there.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/18/2019  4:43 PM
knicks180nyc wrote:is anybody paying attention to how needy and in denial the warriors seem about this durant situation. i was listening to this guy from the athletic who covers the warriors on cowherd's show today, and every reason he gave for kd staying had almost nothing to do with basketball. they both wondered why durant would leave when there are such great players there not even paying attention to the chemistry issues all season. the new arena was brought up, and cowherd mentioned that the owner was going to hook him up with all these billionaires that nobody's heard of. everything seemed so over the top. the impression i get is that the warriors know they won't be an automatic title contender without durant, and people are putting out these things hoping kd stays to make the franchise look good.

i understand how good the warriors are on the court, but durant staying there would be tough to take because the warriors seem like the 1% percent of basketball. i don't know if i could deal with their arrogance if he re-signed there.

I also think klay is having 2nd thoughts..that would leave curry and green,

ES
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

4/18/2019  9:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
knicks180nyc wrote:is anybody paying attention to how needy and in denial the warriors seem about this durant situation. i was listening to this guy from the athletic who covers the warriors on cowherd's show today, and every reason he gave for kd staying had almost nothing to do with basketball. they both wondered why durant would leave when there are such great players there not even paying attention to the chemistry issues all season. the new arena was brought up, and cowherd mentioned that the owner was going to hook him up with all these billionaires that nobody's heard of. everything seemed so over the top. the impression i get is that the warriors know they won't be an automatic title contender without durant, and people are putting out these things hoping kd stays to make the franchise look good.

I also think klay is having 2nd thoughts..that would leave curry and green,

i never thought klay would leave, but now i wouldn't be shocked.

Durant getting tired of the media and the Knicks talk

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy